Dr. Wong/4500 Grafts/Ten Months/Strip

This patient came to us from LA in September, 2011 to have as much of a reconstruction as possible. Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 4500 grafts in one procedure. The results photos and testimonial were compiled a few weeks ago before the patient made a move half-way around the world and he sent them to us a few days ago after he got settled in.

4,500 grafts at Hasson and Wong

Hello,

I’m just about to head overseas. As such, the result pics you see have been taken in a hurry, a few by myself and another by a friend who wasn’t familiar with my camera. Sorry if they are not the best. But meeting with HT patients in person is always the best course of action. Now for my story . . .

I am currently 8-1/2 months post-op. I first experienced hair loss at the age of 20. I am now 36. Hair transplant wasn’t an option for me for a long while. After a lot of research and seeing some patients, I decided on Hasson and Wong. I flew up from L.A. Dr. Wong performed my surgery. He was an easy-going, professional guy. At no point did he try to steer me in a direction I didn’t want to go. We talked about my goals and went for a hairline that suited my face and age. He and everyone else—including the reps, the techs, and support staff—all treated me fabulously. The clinic has a stellar view of Vancouver. The hotel stay was also great.

As far as results go, I would say I am pretty pumped. But more than that, I have peace of mind. Like many who have dealt with hairloss, I also felt very self-conscious. In my case, painfully so. Now I feel so much more relaxed during social situations and elsewhere. If it’s windy out, I don’t care. Sun out at high noon? No problem. Picture time? Snap away. You get the point. I am considering a second procedure down the line to bring some additional density, but am in no rush. For now, I am content to focus on the things that really matter.

One final note to address . . . I always wondered what people would say if I got a hair transplant. The reactions have been interesting now that I have. My sister asked why my sideburns were so long, but didn’t mention my hair. My dad asked if I was on Rogaine. A buddy of mine told me my hair looked good. Otherwise, people don’t seem to notice. If they do, they haven’t mentioned it. No one has asked me if I had a hair transplant.

There you have it. In case you wonder, I take a daily dose of 1.25 mg of Finasteride to help keep the hairloss demons at bay.

Cheers.

hwmc4500_001.jpg?i=632124036

hwmc4500_002.jpg?i=54189914

hwmc4500_003.jpg?i=892236954

hwmc4500_004.jpg?i=871922411

hwmc4500_005.jpg?i=1977466026

hwmc4500_007.jpg?i=811479505

hwmc4500_008.jpg?i=314935365

hwmc4500_009.jpg?i=102909552

hwmc4500_010.jpg?i=755885827

hwmc4500_011.jpg?i=1349830616

hwmc4500_012.jpg?i=788751442

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

What a CHANGE Joe.... This guy must be over the moon now.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Joe,

How would you describe this patient’s hair quality, density, and laxity? He looks to have similar hair characteristics as I do with maybe a little more loss and he had around the same number of grafts I would probably be getting if I can scrape up the money, lol. From what I can see his hair looks to be of a finer or medium quality with maybe a pretty good density. Great result and very helpful for me!

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Joe,

How would you describe this patient’s hair quality, density, and laxity? He looks to have similar hair characteristics as I do with maybe a little more loss and he had around the same number of grafts I would probably be getting if I can scrape up the money, lol. From what I can see his hair looks to be of a finer or medium quality with maybe a pretty good density. Great result and very helpful for me!

GJ,

This patient has slightly wavy hair with average coarseness. His donor laxity was average but he appears to have had a bit higher than average donor density because the strip is smaller than what a patient with average density would need for 4500 grafts.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

GJ,

This patient has slightly wavy hair with average coarseness. His donor laxity was average but he appears to have had a bit higher than average donor density because the strip is smaller than what a patient with average density would need for 4500 grafts.

thanks for the reply Joe, this example is very helpful for me!

Great work!

Really loving H&W work atm.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Joe,

How would you describe this patient's donor density?

GJ,

5char

This patient came to us from LA in September, 2011 to have as much of a reconstruction as possible. Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 4500 grafts in one procedure. The results photos and testimonial were compiled a few weeks ago before the patient made a move half-way around the world and he sent them to us a few days ago after he got settled in.

hwmc4500_001.jpg?i=632124036

hwmc4500_002.jpg?i=54189914

hwmc4500_003.jpg?i=892236954

hwmc4500_004.jpg?i=871922411

hwmc4500_005.jpg?i=1977466026

hwmc4500_007.jpg?i=811479505

hwmc4500_008.jpg?i=314935365

hwmc4500_009.jpg?i=102909552

hwmc4500_010.jpg?i=755885827

hwmc4500_011.jpg?i=1349830616

hwmc4500_012.jpg?i=788751442

Great result as always from H&W. Totally out of the ballpark.

Joe,

Sometimes with a patient there will be a result that is almost greater than the sum of it's parts....This is definitely such a case.

Superior doctor,great team and a patient with excellent individual hair characteristics.This is a jaw dropping result.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians