Dr Paul Shapiro -1 Year Post-Op - 2378grafts/4418hairs

Hi Janna another great looking result from Dr. Paul. Those 2300 grafts went a long way for this patient. Very nice!! If I could get 2000 grafts I think I would be a very happy camper...

Can you answer this for me? I have noticed that SMG's patients "immediate post-op" pictures are always looking very clean whereas I notice that pictures from other clinics in the immediate post-op stage many times look like a bloody mess with grafts oozing and looking like they've been in some sort of accident. Is there any particular reason for the stark difference?

Hi Staggerlee,

I can only comment as to why our patients look clean post operatively.

The blades for the incisions are custom cut for each size graft (1, 2, 3, & 4 hair grafts) so that once they are planted into the incisons, it fits perfectly. This minimizes oozing and additional redness. Our grafts are faily well trimmed, which allows smaller incisions. Less trauma overall when smaller blades are used.

Thanks for the comments Badbeat and Staggerlee

Great job as always.

I do believe that SMG are one of the most efficient grafts users of all the surgeons I have seen.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Janna,

How many CM2 of scalp was covered by the transplant?

Approximately 70cm2.

Approximately 70cm2.

He looks way younger, especially at the profile, and I am sure he is really psyched. Do you have any idea his density at the front? For example at the hair line where it is flipped over to the right in the bottom photo?

Thanks,

Sugar

Very nice result. Excellent yield and result for 2300. This guy can expect a nice head of hair even if he progresses to norwood 6 down the line thanks to the excellent use of donor and great result from this first surgery. Out of curiosity, how much donor does the doc think this patient has available over the course of his life? Thanks for your time.

Such an efficient use of grafts. SMG really makes the most out of a small number of grafts.

Any chance this patient is on propecia? His crown looks better as well.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Very nice result. Excellent yield and result for 2300. This guy can expect a nice head of hair even if he progresses to norwood 6 down the line thanks to the excellent use of donor and great result from this first surgery. Out of curiosity, how much donor does the doc think this patient has available over the course of his life? Thanks for your time.

We generally say the average donor supply is 4000-8000. This patient has moderate loss already so his donor supply is roughly around 6000. He has 2/3rd of his supply remaining.

Looks soooooo Natural.. I love SMG work, so real. Dr. Paul is getting as good as Dr. Ron. Nice transformation for only this much grafts. Grafts were used so wisely. Impressive Jana.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Would 4000 not be considered very low donor for a virgin scalp?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes, 4000 would be considered on the low side for a virgin scalp but the fact of the matter is that there are some patients who would be lucky to have 4000 grafts available from the beginning.

Unfortunately, too many young patients tend to approach hair restoration unrealistically. Limited donor supply isn't taken into consideration. More aggressive their hair loss, the more aggressive they want their surgery to be.

Thanks everyone for your questions and comments.

• 1 year later...