Dr Rahal - 1238 FUE Grafts - 6 Months

This patient had lost hair from his temple regions and the hair that remained was miniaturized and very fine. It had not improved with the use of Finasteride and Minoxidil.

The patient opted for FUE and Dr Rahal transplanted 1238 grafts to restore his temples and strengthen the hairline.

Graft breakdown:

312 Singles

573 Doubles

344 Triples

9 Quads

The patient was photographed at 6 months post surgery.

preop01.jpg

preop02.jpg

preop03.jpg

postop01.jpg

postop02.jpg

6months01.jpg

6months02.jpg

6months03.jpg

6months04.jpg

6months05.jpg

6monthscomb01.jpg

6monthscomb02.jpg

close6months.jpg

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Dr. Rahal really knows how to pack grafts in a small area. Beautiful!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

unbelievable yet again...and only after 6 months!!!! I'm getting excited too...December!!!!

Six months? Looks pretty damned good. Rahal's on my (very) short list when I finally pull the trigger.

This looks a bit more conservative than some of his other work. I wonder whether the patient's age entered his thinking or whether the patient wanted something a little less aggressive.

This looks great. Very good result for 6 months. Dr. Rahal's FUE seems to be at the same level as his FUT (strip). Can't wait to see how mine is in 6 months as well as I also had FUE with Dr. Rahal. My session was larger. But seeing this result makes me feel really good about my procedure.

Six months? Looks pretty damned good. Rahal's on my (very) short list when I finally pull the trigger.

This looks a bit more conservative than some of his other work. I wonder whether the patient's age entered his thinking or whether the patient wanted something a little less aggressive.

I think you met with Dr Rahal last time he was in New York. I remember you saying you had trouble finding the location, which surprised me as I picture you as a born and bred New Yorker and I imagine the Rockefeller center is in the shadow of the Empire State Building. Or would be if the sun rose from the south rather than the east. :) (Maybe your name doesn't refer to the building).

This looks great. Very good result for 6 months. Dr. Rahal's FUE seems to be at the same level as his FUT (strip). Can't wait to see how mine is in 6 months as well as I also had FUE with Dr. Rahal. My session was larger. But seeing this result makes me feel really good about my procedure.

I feel that patients shouldn't assume they'll have extra fast growth as the doldrums phase can be tough enough without feeling like you're behind pace with what other people are experiencing. More and more patients do seem to be enjoying early growth, though.

Yield does seem to be on par with FUT. Dr Rahal told me that yield will come very close to, and in many cases match FUT, and I'm glad that the evidence is confirming that.

I think you met with Dr Rahal last time he was in New York. I remember you saying you had trouble finding the location, which surprised me

Ah, but Rockefeller Center is not one building. It's several. And I didn't have access to my email to get the address, so I just went to all of them. Eventually, I got the right one.

I was the doctors first appt in the morning and told him the same concern. I had the same issue with finding the building, was late cuz of all that walking around searching for it, I must have walked past it a few times. This particular building is the hardest Rockefeller one to find it seems. Happened to me last time too I think with the same building I think. But, it is the Simon & Schuster building. For appt's in the future, I think putting a google pic of it up might help people find it. I even took pics of it for future use if needed. For parking (if it helps some of you), I actually parked around 323 W 51st St (didn't have to use the garages, just paid the muni meter and you can park there as it is not a commercial parking zone), it's about a 5-7 minute walk or so and I think I parked around the same spot last time Dr. Rahal came to the Rockefeller area as well. This info might come in handy for future appointments.

I feel that patients shouldn't assume they'll have extra fast growth as the doldrums phase can be tough enough without feeling like you're behind pace with what other people are experiencing. More and more patients do seem to be enjoying early growth, though.

Yield does seem to be on par with FUT. Dr Rahal told me that yield will come very close to, and in many cases match FUT, and I'm glad that the evidence is confirming that.

After I met with Dr. Rahal yesterday, he examined, and it seems most of my native hairs returned, I believe some still growing, he even saw some very early growth with my recipient grafts as they do look thicker than existing hairs. It is pretty exciting realizing it was only 57-58 days since surgery and it is already starting to sprout. I've been following all instructions carefully, taking rogaine liquid/foam, finasteride, msm, etc, and all the other tips given after asking numerous questions of what I can take and what I shouldn't. Keeping in contact with the clinic and getting tips with when to start what, what to do next, and I guess it is paying off. The doldrums phase definitely sucks, but I hope some nice growth comes in soon, those few early sprouts do have me excited though. I am not even touching Toppik because I don't want to risk clogging grafts or something. Just playing it safe. Dr. Rahal has been getting early growth in many patients. It definitely has to do with something he is doing, his patient care advice and etc, but I also think it has to do with the patient as well. For me, I am doing a lot of things on the side, green teas, no cigarettes, no alcohol, meditation to reduce stress, i can keep going, my list is big. I guess that too can play a factor as well as a patients own physiology. I know that I had scabbing more than usual, longer than usual after my transplantation as well, redness longer than usual, could be a combination of things with physiology along with Dr. Rahal's work, post op care, and tips to create the perfect environment for early growth.

Yield is what is extremely important for FUE cases and this patient you just posted is on par with FUT already at 6 months. Graft count was low, area covered was one side of the scalp to the next side with that famous widows peak, and Dr. Rahal nailed it. The hair texture is different and I think that plays big, but the comb helps show that work on the hairline. This is very exciting and that is what makes me feel confident about having FUE done with Dr. Rahal. This is what I needed to see. If this is what happens in a patient that gets 1238 grafts, then I can't imagine what will happen to me with 3,016 grafts? These results look really good.

Edited by Sean

I am not even touching Toppik because I don't want to risk clogging grafts or something.

Anyone know if Toppik could actually clog the pores ? I have used Toppik and from how the product works , I can say that it stays attached to the scalp unless you shampoo it away but I do not think that it may block the new transplants from popping out . Any opinions or experience ?

I know that I had scabbing more than usual, longer than usual after my transplantation as well, redness longer than usual

Anyone know of any ointment or meds that you can have to get away with the scabbing early and or also help with the redness ?

Graft count was low, area covered was one side of the scalp to the next side with that famous widows peak, and Dr. Rahal nailed it.

Yes I have noticed Dr Rahal's signature style but I always wondered what different people thought of it ?

Does kinda make it look natural I felt though .

Would'nt someone who knew you before your surgery notice that you never used to have this peak ?

I am not a fan of the widow's peak. I prefer Dr Rahal's rounded hairlines.

Peak is optional. :) Patients can work with Dr Rahal when designing the hairline.

• 1 month later...

Great result. And at 27 with that much hair, he seems lucky and I feel comfortable for him. His hair characteristics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.