Are any doctors on this site willing to post their disclaimers?

Spanker

I have talked to a few docs and have always been told that they would send me a disclaimer after I sent in a deposit. I never pressed these clinics to send me the paperwork.

I was just wondering if anyone has a copy or a clinic could post a disclaimer or liability statement, etc. Whatever a patient has to sign the day they get to the office. I am wondering this because I have read a few threads where the patients felt shocked on the day of, so I thought it might be nice the read one over.

Thanks!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I have talked to a few docs and have always been told that they would send me a disclaimer after I sent in a deposit. I never pressed these clinics to send me the paperwork.

thought it might be nice to read one over.

Thanks!

Should be the other way around,if you don't like what you see in the disclaimer you would not be out of the deposit if you've already been schedule for surgery, and from what I've read some don't even see the disclaimer or paperwork till the day of the surgery just what to do and not to do pre-op paperwork.

So IMO seeing and agreeing to everything before hand would be better for the patient especially if he's coming from a great distance instead of being in left field the day of surgery.

Edited by sc64
typo

Should be the other way around,if you don't like what you see in the disclaimer you would not be out of the deposit if you've already been schedule for surgery, and from what I've read some don't even see the disclaimer or paperwork till the day of the surgery just what to do and not to do pre-op paperwork.

So IMO seeing and agreeing to everything before hand would be better for the patient especially if he's coming from a great distance instead of being in left field the day of surgery.

I agree, however, I'm sure all will have some sort of disclaimers Would be nice to read though!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

You should get the disclaimer before you pay the deposit they got you on the day.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Nice post Spanker!

I'll see if I can't dig mine up. I know I have it somewhere...

If I remember well, T&D provided me with the disclaimer well in advance of my procedure. It was the patient care package they gave me...

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I think the ones I talked to said they would send a packet after starting the process with a deposit.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think the ones I talked to said they would send a packet after starting the process with a deposit.

To hell with that!

This would raise a huge red flag for me!!! I mean, what do they have to hide?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Any doctors or reps want to chime in? I am going to try to not let this thread die until I hear from a clinic willing to post or link theirs. Or maybe a reason why this info is not available. I ask this not because I am letigious in any way, but just because I think this info should be made public. As most of you know I have done tons and tons of research, but this is one of the few things I have not seen and am really interested in seeing what it says. Thanks.

View Spanker's Website

Not one doctor or rep would like to comment on this?

View Spanker's Website

Ten out of ten for effort spanker but your pissing in the rain upside down pal lol.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I looks like I am but I am not giving up yet. :)

Especially after this Jessie thread. Apparently some docs have in their consent forum that you can't complain online...or something to the effect. I would like to see the wording. If patients are getting sued, doesn't anyone else think this should be info one has available in their decision stage?

View Spanker's Website

" If patients are getting sued, doesn't anyone else think this should be info one has available in their decision stage?"

i totally agree with you, and i believe the whole thing about patients being sued is ridiculous and pathetic. i just hope that not all doctors follow that approach!!

Guest Ian512017155

I can see patients getting sued in very serious circumstances; however, just to sue them for posting their thoughts online or have some kind of consent forum that silences them is ludicrous. I would like to see some of these examples of the doctors consent forums/agreements. I don’t understand why not one doctor a representative of a doctor even responded to this thread? Posting a unsigned blank copy of their consent forum/agreement wouldn’t be any violation of state laws.

It isn't just about being sued, etc, it is about being able to be informed before making a purchase as well. The part about being sued was not even in my mind when I started this thread.

Still waiting.

View Spanker's Website

Hi,

Below is our consent form from Shapiro Medical. We have patients sign it the morning of their surgery day. We send out a pre-op packet once a patient is scheduled and this form is included so they can look it over before surgery day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHAPIRO MEDICAL GROUP

A DVAN C E D H A I R R E S TO RAT I ON

TRANSPLANT CONSENT FORM

I, ________________________________, hereby grant permission to Dr. _____________________, to perform the surgical procedure of hair transplantation on me, including the administration of anesthetic, sedatives, and other medications as necessary for this procedure. This procedure has been explained to me completely by the physician, and I fully understand the nature and consequences of this procedure.

Note to the Patient: There are risks involved in any surgical procedure. We cannot totally guarantee, give complete assurance of a successful result, assure an outcome which will completely meet your goals, or guarantee your happiness.

I have been given the opportunity to ask questions, and have received answers to my satisfaction. I have decided to go forward with, and agree with the planned surgical procedure. I have been told that hair transplantation is generally a safe procedure. The following are possible complications that can occur on rare occasions:

Scarring: I understand that every time an incision is made in the human body, a scar may occur. Every effort will be made to make any scar as inconspicuous as possible. I do not have a history of abnormal or excessive scarring.

Reactions to Medicine and Anesthesia: I understand that any time a medication is given, there is the potential of it having a negative reaction and affect on any of the body’s organs, including the heart. These risks are higher if a patient has an undetected, or underlying medical illness. Some affects are true allergic reactions, while others may be side affects from the medication. This risk is not unusual and is usually present with a surgical procedure when medications are administered. I have informed the doctor of any allergies or problems I, or a family member has had with medications in the past (including anesthetics, over-the-counter medications, or prescription medications). I have notified the doctor of any medical conditions I have, and of all medications I am taking.

List of Allergies and/or Medications:

List allergies: _________________________________________________________

List medications: ______________________________________________________

List medical conditions: ________________________________________________

Infection and/or Bleeding: Infection and/or bleeding can occur with any surgical procedure, including this one. Although it is very unlikely with this procedure, the chances of infection and/or bleeding occurring are still possible. An antibiotic will be given to help prevent any infection.

Discomfort and/or Numbness at the Donor Site: In a small percentage of patients, numbness of the scalp may occur due to necessary cutting of fine nerve fibers in the skin. This is expected to disappear after several months but on rare occasions can last longer.

Hair Loss: I understand hair loss is a continuous process, and the hair that still exists on the front, top, and crown is at risk of loss over the next month and for years through the natural progression of hair loss. I may have weak hair (telogen hair) in these areas that may fall out in the near future. In a small percentage of

-continued-

patients this procedure has the potential to cause telogen hair, which would be lost in the future, to Revised 10/2008 2

fall out sooner. Existing hair also has the potential to shed, but this loss is usually temporary.

TRANSPLANT CONSENT FORM

If I have had hair transplantation at any another facility and I am not satisfied with the results, the above physician bears no responsibility for my present condition. He/She will attempt to correct my condition to the best of his/her ability, but correcting other physicians work is more difficult and the results may not be the same as if the transplants were started with the above physician.

I am aware that the practice of medicine is not an exact science, and that physicians sometime disagree on the best methods of treatment to achieve desired results. Personal satisfaction with a procedure is dependent on both the actual results and the patient’s expectations. No one has made a guarantee as to the final outcome or appearance that can be expected.

I consent to the taking of photographs to document and follow my progress. These photographs may be used for medical, educational, or scientific purposes as long as my name is not used. This consent does not include use of pictures for advertising purposes without my specific consent for such use.

SMG does not require that I have an HIV and Hepatitis C antibody test prior to surgery. However, in the event that one of the SMG surgery staff sticks himself or herself with a needle or sharp edge that has been used in surgery, I consent to have my blood drawn, immediately, for these tests.

Date: _________________ Patient’s Signature: ___________________________________

Date: _________________ Signature of Witness: __________________________________

Date: _________________ Patient’s Signature: ___________________________________

Date: _________________ Signature of Witness: __________________________________

It's a standard consent form. I have to say it's never been an issue and no one has ever stated they wouldn't sign or was surprised by it. We've also never had a issue with someone wanting to sue us either (knock on wood :)).

Janna fair play for posting that but sending it out once scheduled is no good really as most will have paid the deposit by then unless patients have a get out time period after paying the deposit they're locked in. I imagine this will be the same approach at all clinics and I bet some don't show you the form until the actual surgery morning.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Our protocol is patients pay their deposit ($1000) when they want to secure a surgery date. Then the pre-op packet is mailed out at the same time. As long as patients give us two weeks notice to cancel, they get their full deposit back if they change their mind about surgery. And in many instances, if they fell ill or had travel delays, they can move the surgery date even within two week period without losing their deposit. If a patient changes their mind about having surgery with us, we don't hold the deposit over their heads.

I don't know what other clinics' protocols nor can I speak on their behalf so you'd have to find out specific protocol for each clinic.

Edited by Janna

Janna,

Thank you for chiming in and providing this information!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sounds like you work for a very honourable clinic. I suppose it's wrong of me to assume that other clinics do not have the same sort of policy but I found it odd only 1 clinic came forward in this thread.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bravo Jana! Thank you very very much! It is a very straight forward.

One thing in there that was a suprise to me is that a proceedure could cause telogen hair. What exactly does that mean? Does that mean that you could lose hair permenantly that are not weak and that you ever would have lost in the first place?

I had the impression that the only permenant loss that may happen is to hair that is very weak and miniturized in the first place. Anyone care to expand on this?

By the way, thank you very much for your explanation and taking the time to come forward on this. I know you are busy.

I was glad to see there were no gag orders in your consent form :)

SMG has always been classy.

View Spanker's Website