My Transplant Progress Thread - Dr. Hasson (2923 Grafts)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, thanks for keeping us updated.

Your hairline looks great! I like the idea that you want to restore you hairline to the one you had when you were 20. I'm ultimately going for the same thing. I've seriously considered the warnings against restoring youthful hairlines, but I have to respectfully disagree, at least in your case and mine. You cannot tell me that Brad Pitt, George Clooney or Tom Cruise (just to name a few) don't look great with their youthful hairlines... and they're all in the late forties!

I think it's awesome that you got 3,000 grafts just in your frontal and temporal area. You're going to have a hairline of the gods! I'm opting for the same thing, just not all at once.

The shock loss and redness is to be expected after a megasession like you had. My doctor warned me about that. He said that the larger the session, the more trauma to the head, therefore, the greater the risk of shock loss and a longer amount of time healing. It's possible that you may be red for three months. However, look on the bright side: your native hair is dark enough to minimize the redness and you have the benefit of having it all done at once.

I'm glad your still paranoid around the donor and recipient area.... you're not alone! I'm 7 days post op and I'm super paranoid too... I'm still sleeping upright, just in case. My girlfriend, with her delicate touch, is washing my scalp and applying the ointment too.

I'm particularly interested in your progress because we are both about the same age, had our HT within a month from each other, and both had our HT done exclusively in the frontal and temporal area. Only major difference between us, judging from your pics at least, is that it appears to me that I have more temporal loss than you, but that you have more frontal loss than me. Our results will be so interesting vis-a-vis one another.

It's funny too because I originally would have opted for dense packing like you; however, my budget made the decision for me. I didn't want to wait another year to save up enough for a dense packing session. If I need it in a year, I'll go back for a second HT. It won't be any more or less expensive for me.

How many FU/sqcm are you going for? How many do you have in your native, non-receding area?

Anyway, you're looking good dude. I'm sure I'm not alone in keeping track of your progress.... keep us posted. This is freaking awesome!

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

With that hairline, you'll be golden.

Upon reviewing your photos, I now realize what a relatively small area you're having covered with a relatively high number of grafts. That's awesome! After it all grows in, you probably won't even be able to tell the difference in density between the native and grafted hair.

I haven't seen many cases like yours here, you're definitely unique. I'm really interested to hear more about your experience with dense packing in the frontal third. Keep us posted on any major shock loss and long-lasting pain.

You Only Live Once,

Hey dude, thanks for posting the new pics, they're much more revealing then the others. The profile views really show your hairline proportions much better than the previous ones. Do us a favor with your next update, include a pic of your hair wetted and combed back so that we can get an even better idea of how far back your temples go and their ratio to your hairline.

Although I know that it's impossible to distinguish between the grafted and native hair, the density looks great for just one month.

Also, I think I was wrong in thinking that you had lowered your hairline significantly. With the new photos, it appears to me that you weren't so aggressive with lowering it, just restoring it to the original, and getting aggressive with the density and the temples.

In fact, the more I examine the twenty year old pics with that of the present day pics, it seems that your recession wasn't so bad after all, but rather you had a thinning problem and the temples. Does that make sense? I'm just going by the photos on this thread. It's hard to be sure from the pics. Either way, it's looking really good now.

Stay Gold Ponyboy,

Corvettester

Looks like you've healed well the past month and the native hair is coming back strong which is promising. The work looks impeccable as expected with Dr. Hasson. You are on Fin right? I expect a good result for you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...

Your hairline is very similar to mine, except maybe my forelock was a bit stronger. I had 1500 from Dr. Hasson on my hairline on Oct 27 so I will keep an eye on this thread for your progress. In a few months your hair will look awesome.

Have you been able to hide your transplant from people? have you had any shock loss at the front at all?

Corvettester - As always, thanks for the support. Yeah, I didn't lower it too much, I think just enough. The goal was to have the ability to style it without have a thinning look [fingers crossed that's what I'll get]. In a couple weeks I'll update this thread with the 2 month photos with some slicked back wet pics.

Aaron1234 - Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I don't think I had too much shock loss up front. The first inch/inch and a half of my hairline has faded a bit but behind it is still hanging in there. The hairs are at least an inch long.

I started FIN the day after the operation. At the 2 week mark I had a massive 2 day shed, but now everything seems to be smooth sailing =]

Hair_me_out - Thanks for the comment man!

Maverik- I've been trying to keep the HT a secret so if I go out I'm stuck wearing a hat and this will likely be the case for the next 2-3 months until the hair up front gets long enough to style again.

Congrats on the procedure. Do you have a thread. Would love to see some pics and follow your progress.

well done mate! looking like it will be a success

the going back to work is a slight issue and tbh i think its very brave what you have done you saw you was losing at the front and got somthing done about it credit to you!!

i may be emailing you soon mate with a few questions if thats ok

With an original density of 80 and a transplant density of 50-60, you won't be able to tell you lost anything. You'll be looking good at school reunions!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Im sure the girl believed it. IMO, most people think of thick obvious looking "plugs" when they think of HT. Unless someone has been on these forums looking at HT for hours like we all have, its going to be the last thing people would assume in your case. You have so much natve hair and quite a bit of regrowth that im sure you can fool anyone.

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

• 4 weeks later...

The more photos I see of your before and after pics, the more I realize that you definitely have great hair characteristics. Your transplanted hairs are going to blend well with your natural hairline and frontal third.

As far as I can tell, you're coming along very well. You're probably going to see a huge difference between month 3 and month 5. I think you'll be right up there with Epileptic Skeptic's 5 month update... I'm jealous! Take care bro.

Corvettester

wow. that is really starting to look good....and it is very early.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Your hair is long enough that you can trim the rest of it and it would blend in really well. I had my HT on Oct 1 and still have some shockloss around my scar region. I got a haircut today and he went a little too high on the back with a grade 1 clip; you can see some scar shockloss. Has your scar been healing well? looks like it.