3886 FUT's w/ Dr. Wong - 1 YEAR UPDATE 2-10-07

hairbank

Mike -

looking good man. It seems like things are beginning to happen for you. give it another 3 months and you'll be a happy man.

As for HT#3, you may not need it after you see final results, but I know we're all greedy when it comes to hair. So I can't blame you if you want to go for 3rd trip. But I would give atleast 12-18 months before getting back into the chair because lot of people like myself continued to thicken for upto 18 months after the procedure.

Anyway, good luck. I will follow the suit in a week or so once I hit 5 month mark.

KG

Bank, congratulations brother!!!! At 4 months you still have 5 to 6 more months of density to realize, in addition to softening and strengthening. I can only imagine your elation and just how awesome you and those around you feel right now. I think I speak for many when I say that you are a valuable asset to this community and it couldn't have happened to a better guy!!!!!!! Keep it up buddy!!!!!!!

BTW-- we still have to get together for those beers!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

hairbank,

thank you for keeping us all updated. I was beginning to think that we were not going to hear from you--your progress is looking really good. I am sure you are super excited about the results. The next five months should be even more exciting for you.

I still have not pulled the trigger, but following you progress along with domies and b spots has quelled some of the apprehension that I have.

Look forward to hearing more from you!!

eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks for the replies guys. I think we're all pretty critical of ourselves when it comes to HT growth. I'm hangin' on until I no longer see the glare from the back of my head! It's nice to hear everyone's prospective.

Bspot - we'll work out the details sooner or later! Happy growin' and good luck with #2.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Having a look at your pre op and current pictures you must be ecstatic with how far you've come. You no longer have a thinning hairline and bald spot to speak of which must make you feel great. With still 5-6 months to go for the full effect things can only get better!!!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• Administrators

Hairbank,

You've done a great deal to help others on this forum. So I'm very pleased to see that you are getting excellent results.

As a suggestion, you might want to try using prothik or toppik to increase the look of fullness on top. This stuff can really double the appearance of fullness, especially while the hair is growing in.

I look forward to seeing what you look like when your second session is fully grown in.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Hairbank,

You've done a great deal to help others on this forum. So I'm very pleased to see that you are getting excellent results.

As a suggestion, you might want to try using prothik or toppik to increase the look of fullness on top. This stuff can really double the appearance of fullness, especially while the hair is growing in.

I look forward to seeing what you look like when your second session is fully grown in.

Best wishes, Pat

Pat, I'm now just about 2 months after surgery. I use Dermmatch/Toppik, but am concerned about it stunting the growth. Dr. Hasson doesn't seem to believe that there will be any effect. Have you known of any posters that have claimed any of the black stuff has been detrimental during the early months?

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good hairbank, I've been watching your progress. I was more concerned or obsessed with my crown then I was with my hairline in the front since this was the reason for me wearing a hat. I read another post saying the crown was like a black hole to fill in sucking up numerous graphs. That is what I am considering next if I'm happy with ht in general. Yours is definetley looking good now and will only get better. I have not yet updated my progress one because its hard to take pictures of your self @. It's harder to ask someone else too. 3. not sure if it looks ok. Anyway thanks for the update.

Hairbank,

Your progress is looking really nice. Always remember that in general the crown takes longer to show the same improvement that you might see in the front or the top. No one really knows why this is but it was certainly the case for me after Dr. Wong hit my crown in round two. As you can see in my six month update for round two on my website the growth was obvious but it continued to get better over the subsequent few months.

You're on track for a great result and I'm really happy for you. Been there done thaticon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 6 months later...

Everyone,

Well, I finally stopped talking about it and found the time to take pics for my 1 YEAR UPDATE from HT #2. I have to say that I'm very pleased with the crownwork I received from Dr. Wong. The growth pattern replicates my original hair before loss and the coverage is very good. I'm still a little thin at the crown but, as I hope you can see from the pics, it is night and day difference that my before pics.

To give you a little detail, I just cut my hair and the back and sides taper from starting around 3/4" to 1" in length while the front/midscalp and crown is around 2 - 2 1/2" in length. Even though my first HT wasn't the quality I received in #2, I can style it pretty much as I'd like. Usually, I slightly part it on the right and comb it back but occasionally I comb it all straight back which actually provides a little better coverage.

If you look at closeups of my hairline.....all the little front dark hairs are from Finasteride. They keep growing and thickening so I'm guessing I'm probably getting help from it in other places but it's difficult to tell.

The only pics I really had wanted to take were some shots from about 10-20' away like others see you. I think these are more like the everyday situations as how people see you coming and going.

Also, something I think that helps for comparison is measurement of hairline to eyebrows. In my case, it is 7cm from my hairline to eyebrows.

At any rate........I'm very anxious to hear input from all of you on what you think of the results!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Congratulations on your excellent results!! Your well documented journey is one for the record books. Dr. Wong is a master and you look very natural. I would be very happy to be in your shoes. My hairloss pattern is very simular to yours and I really only have just finished my front 1/3, I have a long way to go but you have "arrived" my friend!!

I would not sweat the hardly noticable thinness in the crown. You will notice that more than anyone else, and we are brutal on ourselves!!

Good luck and very exciting news about the help from finasteride! I am hoping for some help - I need it!!

NoBuzz

Hairbank,

Congratulations on your great success story. The difference is truly night and day. I'd like to echo bayscholar's comments in that nobody would ever guess you had a hair transplant. So often, it can look unnatural but yours looks very consistent throughout from front to back and side (temple) to side.

Have you noticed much growth over the past few months?

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Nice Hairbank, very natural and dense hairline, it's so cool to see your pics all together in one place, I kept going from before your first HT to the 2/10/07, WOW!!! Your crown is still growing IMO and as Jotronic was saying it takes longer to fully mature in the crown area, since you are at one year now, you will see further growing in the next 6 months and more.

Like you I have also been getting more hairgrowth in the frontal hairline thanks to Finasteride.

Looks awesome. Great results and I think crown will thicken up some. This is another great post of your journey and we can all learn a lot from it. Appreciate it much.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I had to chime in to congratulate you. Your results are wonderful. I truly respect Dr. Wong and his work (his techs too).

You did a fantastic job of chronicling your HT journey. I think many will benefit from it.

Well, I think things are looking awesome!!!!!!

(whisper: He really is being hit hard by the hair greed bug, and even though he looks great, he wants to look like his idol Fabio............ Don't tell anyone though =)

Of course, he looks great now, to be sure, and although he knows it takes longer for for his transplant to fully mature in the crown region------ he still will be in for more!!!

Just Kidding Bank! You look great and I can't wait to see you when that mop of yours grows out all the way!!!!!!

Much Love Buddy!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hairbank,

My man...lookin mighty sharp there bro! It's funny when a good amount of time goes by...I looked at the first pic before your first HT, and I thought...I remember when this guy posted here for the very first time asking for advice...yes, apparently I was around even then! You've come a very long way man...hair is looking natural for sure, and you have some good density. There is some thinness, sure, but I would hardly call you a "balding" man at all. I'd be thrilled with those results!

Thanks for posting your updated pictures, and thank for all you do to help others on this forum...and thanks for being a friend!!!

Bill

All- thanks so much for the kind words and honest feedback. I really appreciate it. I hope the pics, and my journey, will especially help those in need of major crownwork(as I was). Overall I'm very pleased with how things turned out.

M&M- Haven't really noticed much this past couple of months but I'm sure it's happening. My crown started pretty quick, cooled off, then a second waive of growth came around month 7, I think?? I'm sure it will continue to thicken over time but I believe I've experienced the most cosmetic change that I will have by now.

B-spot - (whisper: how did he know who my idol was??......I knew he was too smart for his own good...sliderule, pinpoint mental acumen and all........but telepathy and ESP....does he know what I'm thinking now??) LOL! too funny, braddah! Hey....the magnatism of the HT chair is unsurpassed, my friend........I'll never say never!! Ahhhhh, density............can you ever really have enough?

Bill - Yes..............it's been some time but I remember my first "wet behind the ears" post...........man, I don't know much now but I REALLY didn't know anything then!! I remember thinking "gosh, if I can just get 2000 grafts I'll have a head of hair like Elvis!".............live and learn, huh? At the end of the day, I'll still be envying those 7550 grafts!

Nobuzz, Bay, Gorpy, HK, NN, Janna & GP............thanks for your encouragement and for what you each provide to this community.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank,

Just wanted to add another WOW!! Thanks for coming back with the pictures. The transformation is amazing. You are probably going to be your biggest critic, but the difference in the pics alone and I am sure in person is amazing. Looks really natural!

I and I know others appreciate you posting your journey!

Looking good,

eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...