DR Alvi Armani??why is he not recommended on this site?

Tsakalos- you seem to be hell bent on your situation

You dissected what he's said and took it a completely different direction, in what seems to be an attempt to give tidbits of your unhappiness, again. From what I read/understand- he's saying the new doctors are warning him the results might not be as good as he's after, due damaged caused by Armani. Basically, giving on honest & realistic analysis given his situation.

In return you're telling him don't believe what you hear, believe what you see.? They straight up told him his results might not be great. So whats there to see and believe that would be different?

I really feel bad for you. I can tell by your post's that you're bothered by your current state. Its really unfortunate, we all wish we could have that big mop of hair or really, just enough to make us feel confident. But you cant blame the doctor that operated on you, especially considering his track record. If he was the only one that ever performed a surgery, then yes, you could. What happened in the past could have had an effect on what happened in the latest surgery, there's no way to tell.

If the clinic put a guarantee behind it, that's a mistake on their part. Everybody knows there's no guarantee on what you'll receive. You can do your home work and end up at the best clinic in the world and even then, there's no guarantee. They probably gave me the same guarantee they gave you which is if it doesn't grow, we'll fix it. My suggestion is try and work it out with the clinic. I really hope you guys can come up with a solution.

Good luck man

Edit- My motivation for this reply is simple. I was able to connect the dots and figure out who operated on you. After reading your post, it put unnecessary fear in me for no reason. Right now I should be excited for whats to come not scared for what I've done. If you want to share your story great! but you should do it in your thread and with proof so people can actually see what you're talking about.

Edited by YouOnlyLiveOnce

My point in this thread is not blame my doc and/or his team. My results are another story that require another thread

But i do blame myself from taking the decision not to choose armani again and which was based on posts like the ones in this topic, Becouse I should have never let myself take such an important decision based on internet forums since i ALREADY had 2 experiences with armani's clinic.

And personal experience is a much more valid rule to judge a situation and in such a case while my surgeries with Armani were good (although no perfect) i should have based my decision exclusively on this, however repeatadly threads like this one, changed my mind, becouuse several posters have done a great job "convincing" that going to armani is one of the worst decision i could have made.

So since i have personal experience with armani, and since i also have personal experience about NOT choosing Armani based on internet posts, even from people that never went to him before, i feel its my duty to warn people to be very cautious when making such desisions, and not take such posts as facts, becouse at least in my case things were completely the opposite as they are described in this thread.

I am in the hair loss forums since 2004. Almost 7 years. So i have seen much more cases than many others here, and u are right regarding the track record of the other clinic. However this track record used to be consistent and solid until 2009. Becouse its not accidental that the last 18 months or so, people have been complaining (some more other less) regarding the results. We have some recent 8-9 posters with below average results the last year, and since i have 2 other friends who are also not happy but havent express their unhappiness online (yet), probably there might be more. And from 2004-2009 i remember only 2 people with complains (and not serious complains)

So its kind unussual to have 9 people complaining the last 18 months while in the last 7 years i remember only 2 dont you think ??

Is it that their major competitors like Armani and Feller took the FUE path and they felt more secure, and comfortable as their waiting list and demand got bigger ? Is it that new surgical assistants may have joined the team, who happened to be less trained or skilled and consistency went down ? Is it becouse docs over self confidence about his skills has made him less carefull and / or responsible ? I dont know. and i DONT CARE. i do care though for the quality of service that i received which unfortunately had nothing to do, with the track record we used to see all these years.

To get back on the topick the Bottom line is this. I find the accussations about Armani and this whole thread misleading becouse after having 2 surgeries there my experience was different. Especially when several posts have been made by cheerleaders who never had any experience with him. I do understand i feel though, for all armani REAL patients who posted in this thread and are unhappy with their armani experience. I am sorry. but this is the reality in the hair transplant industry. No guarantees, only promises. and its happening everywhere.

So i felt appriopriate to present my side of the story which is based on real experience. Be carefull with Interent Forums and what u read and who u read it from. I made a mistake, I have choosen my last doc (who indeed had a great track record at that time) not based on my previous experiences (which were positive) but i gave weight into forum posts and this thread particularly, and some of these posts produced from people with no real experience from the Armani clinic.

Good luck.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I'm a coordinator for a plastic surgeon that is unrelated to hair. I recently spoke with a man about surgery and he brought up that he had a hair transplant. I asked by who and he told me Dr. Armani. I had to ask him how he liked his results (without telling him the reviews on him from this forum). He told me Dr. Armani gave him awful yield and was very unhappy with everything.

Also I've spoken with two different men that had surgery with Hasson & Wong. Both were 100% happy with everything from them.

That being said it looks like the trend continues on his reviews... That man also doesn't know a thing about forums and Dr. Armani wanted him to go back and fix him, but I told him to go on this forum first. Hopefully he found very useful information!

I am in the hair loss forums since 2004. Almost 7 years. So i have seen much more cases than many others here, and u are right regarding the track record of the other clinic. However this track record used to be consistent and solid until 2009. Becouse its not accidental that the last 18 months or so, people have been complaining (some more other less) regarding the results. We have some recent 8-9 posters with below average results the last year, and since i have 2 other friends who are also not happy but havent express their unhappiness online (yet), probably there might be more. And from 2004-2009 i remember only 2 people with complains (and not serious complains)

So its kind unussual to have 9 people complaining the last 18 months while in the last 7 years i remember only 2 dont you think ??

Is it that their major competitors like Armani and Feller took the FUE path and they felt more secure, and comfortable as their waiting list and demand got bigger ? Is it that new surgical assistants may have joined the team, who happened to be less trained or skilled and consistency went down ? Is it becouse docs over self confidence about his skills has made him less carefull and / or responsible ? I dont know. and i DONT CARE. i do care though for the quality of service that i received which unfortunately had nothing to do, with the track record we used to see all these years.

I'm sure all of us feel for your situation, but surely the idea of this forum is that we all honestly report our experiences so that we can form a scientific concensus that can answer some of your questions above.

So I don't understand your reluctance to report your concerns, photos, who the surgeon was etc. for your last procedure.

It is absolutely fine to come on this thread and layout your good Armani experience, but you also have the power to help this community out, please use it by starting a new thread etc.?

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Rachmunas,

"Also I've spoken with two different men that had surgery with Hasson & Wong. Both were 100% happy with everything from them."

They just happened to be in your clinic? Small world!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Tsakalos, i have to disagree with u. Fact is, forums such as these provide information to potential patients worldwide. In short, without this forum, or the likes of it, i will not be able to really understand the mechanics of the procedure and real life experiences of what patients go thru. If u say, dun trust infommercials or words on clinics' website, i will agree whole heartedly. Its all up to the individual to analyse what he reads and interpret and making a decision, a choice. You cannot deny that some of the posters indeed had a terrible experience at Armani's. I am not sure who your doc is since u do not want to reveal but u said it yourself, past patients seem to be thrilled at the results. Look, nobody says that surgeries will definitely be successful, there is always a risk. You made a choice, took the risk, just like me and anybody else. I feel for u mate, i really do, but u need to understand that forums are our best bets as its the only avenue we get to see and listen to what the HT goers goto say :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

My opinion is this. That the Hair Transplant Industry whould be much worse without the forums. This doesnt mean that everything u read in the forums can lead into a happy outcome. I dont deny that armani, had bad results, and i dont deny that the other clinic had good results.

However i can not confirm that i had bad results from armani, i can not confirm that he threatened me to keep my mouth shut and not to post them, and i can not confirm that my experience was a negative one. I also can not confirm that by not choosing armani (or anyone else) i got a happy end, just becouse others used to have.

My point is not to compare clinics. In fact i find people who compare clinics with fanatism being stupid (several forum cheerleaders are very amusing btw). Hair transplant doctors are not pop stars or idols to have fans, nor clinics are contesting on a league like football teams. Patients only care for results. Unfortunately clinics seem to be caring a lot for the "championship" and the recognition.

A hair transplant is a transaction, an exchange, an investment, If the product is good then its ok, if the product sucks then its not ok. So maybe the clinics should realize that we the patients we dont care about this rediculous world wide marathon of global dominance that docs seem to care so much about.

When they realize this, we might start seeing less screw ups, becouse the biggest failures occur when people are over self confident for themselves. (which by the way is a common in doctors not only in the hair transplant field but generally)

Edited by Tsakalos

Ive had two with Armani and the sults were great....Conservative might be a good way to go, but cmon..Not all of us are seeing what would look great in 20 years.....Somew people dont like a 50 year old hairline at 30...What the heck would anyone care?? IF you all care so much cough up the dough to help pay for the repair procedure.....a man smart enough to get a transplant shoud also have done the research and know the limits.... Im so sick of hearing guys bash anyone or doctor willing to take a small risk,,,,,

All the recopmmended docs im sure pay a fee for this great advertising///but im sure have made a few errors in judgment while performing surgeries...i wonder why we dont hear of thise results?

Well written guys but still i regret i have to disagree again. Docs looking for global domination? Errrrr.. i think the recommended and top notch docs are busy everyday performing surgeries and even if they are in the forum, i have never come across any doc claiming to be the best or doing something like that along that line. They would be either contributing answers to hair related questions or presenting results. Hence i am not sure why u have that deeply rooted opinion. I admit there are some patients who had good results and had nothing but praise for their docs. I mean, u defended Armani as well but that does not make u a fan, does it :)

Trapps99, actually if u spent some time searching, there were many posts in which patients had bad results etc. They had no qualms bashing their docs online, and some were well founded, some were not. In fact, i did hear of a certain site in which bad results from Armani clinic would be deleted or something like that but i did not find out more, as it does not affect me, so dun quote me :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

i suggest anyone reading this unsure on Armani or not to search all posts by me.

i had a HT with Armani i was far from happy. i actually started off neutral to this site about Armani and posted my results from day one, and as people started to see my results became more poor as time went on. i asked Armani to do something about it, in the best way possible, i was offered a free touch up but declined the offer as i did not want Armani to waste anymore of my precious donor hair, i then asked for a partial refund instead of the touch up as me not having the touch up would obviously save him alot of costs. but to my disappointment i was sent a threatening letter from the clinic trying to sue me for posting my results on this site and for asking for a partial refund saying i was trying to defame the clinic.

anyways i posted the letter on here for everyone too see and Armani backed down asap and offered to talk to me, they eventually just ignored my complaint and i never heard from them again.

they did not care that they scared my head to hell or that only 40% max grafts grew now probably 20 % left to this day. and they did not care about the fact they have caused me to lose all self confidence and cause i high level of anxiety but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that all that clinic cares about is money nothing else plain and simple, like i said search my posts and you will find some good reads and will back up everything i have said here including pics.

oh and the for the person above asking if a certain site wont allow and bad coment on anything armani is very true its the Hairsite forum your thinking of and i have tried to protect many people from making the same mistake as me by posting my results on there but they always get removed and i even got threats from the site admin warning me to stop making new accounts and to stop posting my armani story. he is obviosly paid off by armani as many of us know from this site.

Edited by Balboa

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Balboa, i did follow your story mate from a long time ago and i can vouch for u. One moment i saw your post, the other moment it was gone. After that incident, i just left the forum for good :) Anyway, once again, i just want to express my condolences mate, i can understand your frustration and anxiety u went thru

Best of luck from now on...

TBH, I have seen good results from Armani, but they aren't as good as everyone thinks, and his good results were from strip, not fue.

I've never seen anything good from Bauman, even the results he posted in his defense were pluggy.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

seems it's the way his clinic and business is run

he seems capable but lots of negative reports

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/5/2009 at 4:29 PM, thanatopsis_awry said:

Armani is a 21st century butcher. If Armani was just lowering hairlines and densepacking (lol...) on young guys I'd appoint him to sainthood of the follicle. I might even go to him. Yet, Armani's legacy is *not* doing this.....

What he *is* doing, however, is magnified by these comical surgical prognoses of his:

Armani takes power-tools to your donor while destroying untold amounts of priceless donor while you pay a premium for this and the heinous yield on your grafts. The words "densepack" and "Armani" are a twisted oxymoron, and "densepack" is the (hollow) codeword that he to this day makes him his bread n' butter by seducing young kids who want it all and think they will be getting it. Make no mistake about it, however, you would get more lush locks gluing strands from Troll dolls to your head than by getting an Armani "densepack".

Armani does what he does because he lacks the skills, talent, and professionalism to do otherwise. This alone would be bad enough to make him a 21st century butcher. His cherry on top is to leave you with the remnants of a poor, low hairline; low enough and noticeable enough that along with your now decimated donor, you're stuck in a futile pursuit of trying to play catch-up if you can even afford to do so. And over the backdrop of what invariably will be your extraordinarily depressed, angry and confused state, will be a nice harem of Armani shills and legal scum being thrown at you.

Here, here! 

With Armani/Baubac, I got no dense packing and only a butchered donor area (over harvested, probably with too big of a punch).

On 11/11/2009 at 11:03 PM, Balboa said:

Lol this clinic is a complete joke i just recived a letter from a lawsuit firm acting for armani, threatening to sue me becuase i asked for a partial refund becuase of poor results, and also states i will be not entitled to undergo further surgary with the clinic, and also demanding that i do not post any futher comments on this site and to remove all my other previous coments regarding there poor work.

(just for the record armani, didnt i already say i wouldnt go back to you again for touch up or more surgaries if my life depended on it)

I find this very amusing and very UNthreatening to myself if that clinic realy thinks i will stop posting and take threats like that into account they can think again, (hope your looking at this armani reps) the company makes me sick, the messup peoples heads and then pay a firm to try and scare you into keeping quiet, how lame is that. i think now with what they have done i will have no choice to make it for of an insentive to stop as many people from making the mistake i did, and as a result will be posting as many picutres of my head and will even create my own dedicated website to the armani victims to hopefully help people falling for there missleading marketing scams and bad work and also telling patients that there 2-3 years away from cloning lol (yes bobby you told me this), i hope Bill does not remove this post at any cost as i think this is a vital post in this topic as it shows how low dr. armani and his team realy are, they wouldnt like it if someone stole 15,000 dollars from them in exchange for messed up hair transplant with poor growth, scaring and angles (armani must of been out drinking the night before if he thinks i have a normal hairline) and if they think they will have the last say they can think again im going to report my finding to the medical board of canada also along with others with there permition, i will also upload the lawsuit document showing how low they are if Bill lets me.

and i also like to respond to the post obove this,

you may be happy with your results but i doubt you know the real dammage, what area did all those grafts go into, do you not relise you have compromised your donor supply with such a large ammounts (for the doc to say your grafts are not ready??????? what the hell does that meen. thats just saying you havent got enought donor hair without giving you a thin back head, i would love to see some pictures in good quality (not dull light) and as far as not smoking ect, i dont smoke i eat healthy and i exercise regular and dont use and products in my hair, and that goes for the most of us. we cant judge or repect your comments without pictures. and 1 happy guy out of so many unhappy guys on here just doesnt cut it. i stress and i mean stress that this clinic needs to be avioded at all costs, if you choose to ignoir this you deserve poor results, im not saying the doc hasnt produced any good results recently but i feel that any other top doc with better ethics and one that does not work like a hair mill (letting techs do everthing bar making the graft sites, one done and on to the next) will produce better results than him everytime, Feller i suspect is the best for fue, and wish i went there first.

I, too, have requested a refund. Wonder if I should expect one of these funny little letters.

On 11/14/2009 at 9:50 AM, Anouar said:

it took about two months. Shane was no longer handling the case some other reps got on board. There were phone conversations and exchange of emails that were fruitless. They wouldnt budge. My last alternative was to contact the credit card company and investigate the situation. I sent them emails regarding my correspondance with them and how they pulled a bait and switch approach and no services were rendered. This took about another two months but i was eventually able to get the some of deposit back

didnt get it all back. All this made for a huge headache

How much was the deposit, if I may ask?

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys.

Reading back I cannot believe my spelling back then, I never proofed anything by the looks of it.😂

So nearly nearly 13 years later I want you all to know what has happened to the FUE grafts from the procedure back in Dec 2008

I'm booked in to be looked at by Farjo for consultation soon so I'll see what can be done and let you know if the Armani clinic used up all my donor or not.

Would be good to see how stingray is getting on too.

Screenshot_20220415-023231_Gallery.jpg

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Couple more pics different lighting. And this is me styling it to try and hide it the best I can. Scaring still there as expected but was mainly from the middle and 1 side, but I suppose that's what happens when he changed the hole punch size after he got so far as it was taking him longer with the smaller size tool as he said my head was harder than most my age.

I would say only 10 to 20% of the transplanted grafts have survived now after 13 years.

Biggest regret of my life having this happen to me. Years of depression through this issue. 

This is just a reminder to make sure you do all the research you can before jumping in for a procedure like this.

Dont allow any surgeon to rush you and make sure you have minimum 3 consultations.

Screenshot_20220415-100141_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220415-100205_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220415-100246_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220415-100300_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Balboa
Spelling

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily