DR Alvi Armani??why is he not recommended on this site?

hi ..i was wondering whr dr armani is not recommended on this site?.he has performed a perfect ht for almost all celebs of bollywood..as i heard in their interview.but sadly he is not here.explain!!!!!!!!!!!

Armani is an incompetent surgery who runs a scumbag chain of hair clinics; his results suck, he charges a ton of money, and his ethics are borderline if not out-and-out criminal. Back in ancient times he was a pretty talented surgeon, but that is in the rear-view mirror, a part of ancient history, and pretty inconsequential. IMO, of course. icon_smile.gif

Rayne, you still considering a HT? Who are you narrowing your search down to?

• Like 1

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'm a victim.

Dont believe what you see on his web-site is what you'll get, trust me!!! I had a procedure in Oct 07 and i'm positive i didn't get as many grafts as agreed, plus the result was nothing short of terrible. I was meant to have my procedure on a day that turned out to be a Candadian Bank Holiday and i turned up at the clinic and it was closed. I had travelled all the way from the UK!!! I was 'fitted' in the next day and the whole experience was horrible. There is no personal touch to what he does and i honestly believe its money first.

I contacted the surgery to let them know i wasn't happy with the results and i got NOWHERE. I had my procedure on the same day as another guy from the UK who i have kept in-touch with. He too did not acheive a good result. Coincidence, i think not!!

I had a second HT in March 09 with Dr Feller and the difference was night and day. Dr Feller is genuinely interested in you as a patient and what your going through regarding losing your hair. I fully believe he is results driven and of course he'll tell you himself the money is good but its not what he's all about. I'm 3 months and nine days post-op and you can't see the scar with my hair at grade 4 and i'm experiencing early growth.

By the way, when i went to Dr Armani for my first HT i was told he was no longer offering the FUT and it was all FUE, which granted is his choice but for the customer makes the whole thing much more expensive .... All about the money.

Everything i have written is FACT.

• Like 1

Armani sues all his patients that threaten to go public with horrible results .

From what Ive heard hes currently suing several guys that have requested their money back.

I know that this site has steered alot of guys away from him and it needs to continue.

STAY AWAY FROM ANTONIO ARMANI!!!!!!!! You have a good chance of your life being destroyed .

Not only is he a horrible fue surgeon but hes very sneaky and downright evil.

I say evil because what doctor sues his own patients after he ruins their life

He also still does strip secretly on patients with failed fue.

• Like 1

When Armani did strictly strip surgery and did patients himself he was respectable, probably on par with Hasson & Wong or Dr. Alexander, when he switched over to the highly overrated FUE he turned into a money pit, he falsely uses results achieved via strip surgery as examples of FUE.

He is overpriced and is known to over do dense packing, likely an effort to charge more and to compensate for a less than desirable result from FUE.

FUE can really tear up a donor area if done incorrectly and it never achieves the density of strip in one procedure.

Armani is a rich man's Bosley, sexy sales pitch, groomed pitchmen whom he did STRIP on, trumped up prices from an average doctor that depletes your donor area.

He preys off young men with minor hair loss.

Notice none of his photos of clients show long term results, only youthful ones, meaning he mainly fills in maturing hairlines in norwood 2 and 3.

• Like 1

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 1 month later...

hi I had a small session at Armani in 2002, this was before they move to the location on Bay Street. Frankly I can't say I was satisified. Two things were questionable ??“

1) while he was taking out grafts he let another "doctor" take over. I ask him why and he says he's a very experienced surgeon. That's not comforting at all ??“ I have absolutely no idea who he was and I was not told beforehand - I believe I was "practice time" for this doc.

2) towards the end, I had grafts left in the fridge but Armani said I was done. While he was out of the room the assistant said there was more in the fridge they'll try to get as much done as possible before Armani comes back.

Take number 2 with a pinch of salt as I could not verify if it was true, I could only infer.

I had 800 grafts done but it doesn't look like 800 on my head. The hairline was nice, I just didn't appreciate the handling.

I just learned about this site as I'm doing research for my next set of transplant. I found this site and have heard some really bad vibes about Armani. So I've decided to share my bit.

• Like 1

hi I had a small session at Armani in 2002

Hi Mo-Osaki, I'm a bit surprised, because as far as I know Dr. Armani was not performing Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) back in 2002. Or was he?

Can you specify which method he used? And what you mean by "taking out grafts"? (was he using a scalpel to extract a strip, or a tool to extract individual follicular groups).

How much were you charged for 800 grafts?

Also, how long did the extraction of the hair last? (half an hour? half a day?) and how long did the whole procedure last?

Finally, was the last name of that other doctor (that was taking out grafts as well, as you say) Rahal?

Thanks Mo-Osaki

Hi Serious,

Dr. Rahal definitely did not work with Dr. Armani in 2002. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have in regards to Dr. Rahal and his surgical expertise.

You can reach me directly at adrian@rahalhairtransplant.com

Thanks!

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pats205:
Originally posted by jonrctim:

I'm a victim.

Dont believe what you see on his web-site is what you'll get, trust me!!! I had a procedure in Oct 07 and i'm positive i didn't get as many grafts as agreed, plus the result was nothing short of terrible. I was meant to have my procedure on a day that turned out to be a Candadian Bank Holiday and i turned up at the clinic and it was closed. I had travelled all the way from the UK!!! I was 'fitted' in the next day and the whole experience was horrible. There is no personal touch to what he does and i honestly believe its money first.

I contacted the surgery to let them know i wasn't happy with the results and i got NOWHERE. I had my procedure on the same day as another guy from the UK who i have kept in-touch with. He too did not acheive a good result. Coincidence, i think not!!

I had a second HT in March 09 with Dr Feller and the difference was night and day. Dr Feller is genuinely interested in you as a patient and what your going through regarding losing your hair. I fully believe he is results driven and of course he'll tell you himself the money is good but its not what he's all about. I'm 3 months and nine days post-op and you can't see the scar with my hair at grade 4 and i'm experiencing early growth.

By the way, when i went to Dr Armani for my first HT i was told he was no longer offering the FUT and it was all FUE, which granted is his choice but for the customer makes the whole thing much more expensive .... All about the money.

Everything i have written is FACT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: We have obtained permission from JONRCTIM to disclose his personal medical information in order to appropriately respond to his concerns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonrctim,

We appreciate that you have brought up your concerns.

1 - Procedure Results: You have left out some very important facts regarding your case. At 10 months post operatively you were diagnosed with testicular cancer. Subsequently you underwent CHEMOTHERAPY to treat the disease. As you know hair grows from the third month up to 12-18 months post transplant. You were affected by this disease in the middle of your hair growth process. The hair that falls off during CHEMOTHERAPY treatment does not re grow in ALL cases. You can read the literature on this subject if you would like to corroborate this. Furthermore there is a very negative effect of the chemicals on the follicles that have not fully regenerated yet. It is our understanding that your hair growth has been affected by CHEMOTHERAPY.

2 - Customer service: We appreciate your comments and certainly we will endeavour to improve our service. On the other hand you should also point out to the readers the amount of support Alvi Armani has provided throughout your relationship with our center. During the period in which you were undergoing CHEMOTHERAPY treatment we advised you on the best ways to minimize the effects of the CHEMOTHERAPY on your hair transplant. In fact Dr. Armani set up a vitamin plan for you to take during and after your chemotherapy in order to assist the transplanted grafts survive your treatment. This was done at no charge to you despite the time and effort Alvi Armani spent on this. Since your initial contact with our center Dr. Armani and our staff provided you support at least 149 times. This does not include in person consults and phone support. In fact you should tell the readers that you were going to book a second procedure with Alvi Armani once your CHEMOTHERAPY treatment was finished. We appreciate you give a balanced view of the situation.

It is unfortunate that the disease affected you while still at the growth phase of the transplant. We hope you understand that the results of your hair transplant are beyond our control. We wish you health and the best. Regards.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

Eric..

Interesting response. I agree there are THREE sides to every story..his side, your side and the truth I am sure.

I take exception to you saying he had Testicular cancer...how about just saying he had a medical condition that required chemotherapy which would affect hair growth? I mean your personally a careless or heartless person for disclosing this specific condition.

In your neat and tidy defense you fail to explain why you had him fly in for a scheduled surgery day and no one was there. I think that says alot about your business.

Just my thoughts. personally I read so much negative stuff on Armani I am sure at least some of it is true.

• Like 1

Originally posted by notjustyet:

Eric..

Interesting response. I agree there are THREE sides to every story..his side, your side and the truth I am sure.

I take exception to you saying he had Testicular cancer...how about just saying he had a medical condition that required chemotherapy which would affect hair growth? I mean your personally a careless or heartless person for disclosing this specific condition.

In your neat and tidy defense you fail to explain why you had him fly in for a scheduled surgery day and no one was there. I think that says alot about your business.

Just my thoughts. personally I read so much negative stuff on Armani I am sure at least some of it is true.

Notjustyet, I couldn't agree with you more. Even if he just said "cancer," but was the testicular part necessary? Yes, of course -- it's Armani. Shane and company. They're good at responding like attack dogs. Vile. I felt a pain in my gut just reading it.

Jonrctim, I wish you the best with your health and your hair.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Wow, how did I not see this thread before? I cannot believe that Eric would throw out the details of Jonrctim's medical condition like that. Absolutely classless. And, to make matters worse, you spelled "chemotherapy" in caps six times! We get it, you're trying to deflect any and all blame for a poor result by telling us that Jonrctim had special circumstances. Did you really feel that caps lock was the best way to convey that message?

• Like 1

Wow, I missed this, too....TC and Bushy and NotJust are spot on...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Even if he just said "cancer," but was the testicular part necessary?

This has nothing to do with Armani or Eric's response, but I'm just interested why the testicular part of the post bothers you? (For what it's worth, my brother was diagnosed and successfully treated for testicular cancer, so the way people talk about it is something that interests me).

Though I agree the sharing of a patient's medical information as a scapegoat for bad transplant work is both uncalled for and transparently bad practice, I just wondered why the testicular bit was so objectionable to some posters. Frankly, I wish more men were less squeamish about talking about testicles, it may save their lives one day!

Your confirmation that many feel uncomfortable about it reaffirms my position: It was done to make Jon feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, even humiliated. The post was vile and ill-spirited.

Originally posted by runwithscissors:
Even if he just said "cancer," but was the testicular part necessary?

This has nothing to do with Armani or Eric's response, but I'm just interested why the testicular part of the post bothers you? (For what it's worth, my brother was diagnosed and successfully treated for testicular cancer, so the way people talk about it is something that interests me).

Though I agree the sharing of a patient's medical information as a scapegoat for bad transplant work is both uncalled for and transparently bad practice, I just wondered why the testicular bit was so objectionable to some posters. Frankly, I wish more men were less squeamish about talking about testicles, it may save their lives one day!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

low class move by pats205 who represents Armani(terribly, i might add)???...... yes

is it at all suprising??.... not at all

is it the WORST or most destructive thing pats has done to a hairloss sufferer???....... not by a long shot...

stingray--- good to see you still around any idea what the future holds for you, in terms of potential future hts.. sorry if youve said so and i missed it... ive been away

• Like 1

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Hi LMS

I am exploring options for getting a 2nd FUE procedure to recreate the hairline and get me back to where I would like to be.

On the one hand I would really love to get my hair sorted so I don't have to constantly worry about it. On the other, the prospect of going through the whole procedure, travel, downtime, doldrums, anxiety, expense, hiding it from people etc is not something I am looking forward to.

SR

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

sting-- i hear ya man.. the down time,RE- slicing of the head(in my case),the cost etc etc... it can sometimes feel like ALOT to go through, especially with little TRUE guarantee.... fortunately you have some things working in your favor IMO... you will get where you want to be eventually.... good thread to post your link in.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

The testicular part just didnt need to be disclosed...I have balls...I know i can get cancer in my balls...I just dont know if Id want everyone to know I had cancer in my balls. In fact I have things right now that i wouldnt want anyone to know..thats just me I guess.

I am for NOT disclosing someones medical condition...i think the testicals are a private part of a mans body and dont need to be brought into the discussion to make the point.

Everyones different.

What does it matter if he posted testicular cancer? Do any of you know JONRCTIM personally? Not to mention you all are over looking the fact that the guy pretty much flat out lied about his results. The results that I have seen are pretty favourable for Alvi Armani, and those are the results posted by people on this blog I might add. I also think that the statement that he "sues all of his patients" might be a little off. Sure he may charge a lot but I don't think he has the kind of money to sue all of his patients. Don't you think that would be kind of hard to cover up?