DR Alvi Armani??why is he not recommended on this site?

Realistically you'll end up with a dense un-natural Armani hairline with less density behind as your HT supportive native hair leaves and you try in vain to fill in behind. It's the nature of the beast.

Armani however has developed a business based on giving young patients exactly what they want. He's acquired a niche audience of young patients who at the first sign of MPB want to recreate their youthful hairline.

True up to a point if you actualy get the hairline you pay for and it actualy does GROW. unlike mine, stingray and the rest of us who didnt get what was planned by armani.

After reading your post and me being an Armani patient, I feel depressed. You're telling me its game over for me and that after 2-3 years I'm gonna look like a proper a-hole?

I also worry about this but to a higher degree becuase my HT with armani did NOT turn out as promised and the growth was not great im having to have to throw more grafts in the hairline to look normal. so double trouble for me. having said that like you im also hopeing cloneing comes out before that happens.

Personally I do think a slightly higher hairline is more sensible, and to me it provides a more dramatic and masculine aesthetic.

Totaly agree if you look at brad pitt, leo decaprio, tom cruise they all look good and there hairline isnt low they still have quite big forheads. but becuase they havent receeded they still look great. so theres not realy a need to go mega low with a transplant, im just annoyed that i never got a say in what i wanted as if you look at my before pic all i needed was the temples filling and my hairline would still be higher but with the temples filled, and i feel would of looked better and also saving on grafts. however armani decided to lower my hairline very low.

Some old men do have low hairline and they look great. Lucky buggers..... but they don't have MPB.

I have noticed this alot becuase when you have had a HT or start to bald you tend to look at every other mans head. and yes some old me do look good but the old guys never seem to look very manly with it. i think it depends on a lot of diffrences to if it looks good on an older guy or not some look good some dont.

Anyway, Armani's had a bit of a bashing but it's been due in my opinion.

I'm sure he has plenty of happy patients and I'm sure Pats will come on here and say the same soon.

True but like stated many times before so what if PATS can produce some good looking results. we can provide just as many bad results and as ive said many times armani is far too hit and miss with results and do you really want to take the risk. i did along with many others before reading up on him and i regret it everyday of my life.

Just to say Shanti, you seem a very clever guy and your posts speak nothing but honesty, you seem to know your stuff and enjoy reading your posts. i just hope to god your wrong about the cloning becuase me along with many others are depending on a future with unlimited donor hair.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Thanks Balboa .....

...but with regards "depending" on a future with unlimited donor hair, I personally find that very risky.

Now this is just my opinion and I may be totally wrong so I don't wish to scare anyone but I think it's best forgetting about hair neo-genesis until it is actually commercially available and tested.

They maybe be able to replace/ clone many parts of the human body, (not just hair), in the future but you've still got to look after what you've got now, wether it be for health or vanity reasons. I'm not going to pickle my liver now just because I may be able to grab a new one in the future. The research is there and it's potentially a viable future solution so why not? Extreme example sure but for us vain lot, hair can sometimes feel like a vital organ. Certainly its loss has a very real mental health, if not physical impact so you must treat it with care because it can't be replaced.

Ok, great if it happens.... the "cure" for baldness would be an amazing feat, but cures don't come along very often.... and as far as I understand they will be planting a cultured "cell", (not a hair) into the skin. Even if they get the cell to grow, how will they consistently control the direction of the growth of the emerging hair?

I know from experience that it's hard enough planting a scalp donor hair to create a cosmetically acceptable appearance (angle, graft rotation, direction etc), so if these "cells" decide to grow in different directions, even if you have an endless supply you're going to need a hell of a lot of hair gel to make them lie in the same direction when they grow out.

Chances are you're going to get much better results planting existing scalp hair than cultured hair cells for the foreseeable future and it's the "quality" not the "quantity" that makes a good transplant.

The way I see it, it's best to plan to avoid the worst case scenario. There are only 3 real situations so the choice isn't difficult. Excess hair (neo-genesis or very fortunate with minimal future loss), Enough/ Just Enough hair (careful planning) or Not Enough hair (oh dear).

If hair neo-genesis does happen and it doesn't just look like a birds nest on your head, then you're sorted. If it doesn't happen very quickly or not at all, you'll spend your life waiting and hoping for the cure to come. The waiting will be the hardest part especially as your native hair won't be waiting for anyone.

Anyway back to my point... I think it's wise to plan for the future without the idea of a golden ticket for a cure and avoid any doctor that tells you otherwise. In 20-30 years you won't need to look like a GQ model, you'll be happy just to have your health, look like you've aged well and not have the largest collection of hats out of all your friends.

Shanti

Dear Westside

I saw your post regarding your concerns. I would like to be able to respond to you properly to your queries.

Please PM me with your name and date of procedure.

We would also like to see your pictures to see how you are progressing.

- Eric

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

Westside,

Unfortunately, surgical hair restoration does nothing to prevent hair loss from continuing. Thus, regardless of the clinic you went to, it's typical that subsequent procedures may be required in the event of additional balding. This is why long term strategic planning is vital prior to undergoing your first hair transplant.

In my opinion, take your time, research this community and explore your options for additional work that will help give you the hairline you can be proud of once again.

All the Best,

Bill

HA what a joke ive just been on the offical armani site and they have set up there own FORUM showing all there pics, i have just added my own pics to it to see if they take them off, it will just show how *** they are if they will only keep the pics on there that they feel are good advertising and remove everything else.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

West Side,

Whereas all patients are invited and welcome to share their genuine experiences and photos on our discussion forum, we believe in providing a level playing field. This means allowing the doctor to share their side of the story upon request.

In order to keep things balanced and fair, we sometimes require patients who share their story to give up their anonymity privately. Since physicians can't speak freely about a patient's case openly due to HIPAA laws, patients may also be asked to give their doctor the verbal or written permission they need to fashion an accurate reply. See 'Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patients and Physicians' on how we handle patient disputes regardless of the physician, recommended or not.

Because Dr. Armani and Co. have asked for their right to reply to your concerns, please send me your real full name (first and last) and date of surgery by responding privately to the email I just sent you. Your personal identity will be kept off the forum, but will be provided to Dr. Armani and Co so they can adequately respond to your concerns.

While we'd like you to feel free to discuss your genuine experience on our forum, we request that you be fair to your physician and give them the information they need to present their side of the story as well. It's your choice if you'd rather not provide this information. But know that this may result in us removing your posts referencing your experience.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation,

Bill

West Side,

Since I have not heard back from you in a reasonable timeframe, I can only assume that you have no intent of providing the information I requested. Thus, I've removed your post.

In the event you choose to provide me privately with the information I requested, you will be welcome to re-post your experience.

Best Regards,

Bill

• 5 months later...

I've been planning to get a procedure later this year under Dr Armani until I stumbled upon this forum. I'm now having second thoughts.

But my observations:

- if you say something positive about Dr Armani, it's like you'll be lynch-bombed by different posters (who call Pats and Shane attack-dogs)

- i would suggest clinic reps should not post anything to discredit other clinics because these reps always have agenda (and where's the credibility?)

- the more credible ones are Dr Armani's patients themselves; so I hope they would post more of their experience (both positive and negative). I hope those with positive experiences won't be wary of posting

- I appreciate the moderators trying to confirm identity of the patients (both for those with positive and negative experiences)

Just for the record, I'm now considering other FUE doctors who I know charge much lesser than Dr Armani.

I've seen some good Armani results, but thier aftercare is terrible, and if you go onto certain websites and post your less than stellar result, it gets deleted, so they are trying to censor the people who have had bad results (and there are a lot) so that only good results are on display.

Good luck headbanger guy I hope you have a great result whoever you go to.

You say;

i would suggest clinic reps should not post anything to discredit other clinics because these reps always have agenda (and where's the credibility?)

Can you show me example of this?? I dont remember seeing any reps posting bad about another clinic.

Edited by lorenzo
spelling

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

was meant to have my procedure on a day that turned out to be a Candadian Bank Holiday and i turned up at the clinic and it was closed. I had travelled all the way from the UK!!! I was 'fitted' in the next day and the whole experience was horrible.

WOW, simply WOW! I don't know whether to laugh or scream over all the Armani stories I've read.

The first time I looked at his website I immediately knew to stay the hell away. A disgrace to other Toronto HT doctors.

I remember reading some threads ago, but now I could not find. I may be mistaken.

Good luck headbanger guy I hope you have a great result whoever you go to.

You say;

i would suggest clinic reps should not post anything to discredit other clinics because these reps always have agenda (and where's the credibility?)

Can you show me example of this?? I dont remember seeing any reps posting bad about another clinic.

• 6 months later...

I wish I has seen this two years ago when I had my HT with Alvi Armani. Possibly the worst decision I could have made.

I will admit the procedure went smoothly and staff were helpful but I was one of several people who came in to have the procedure done on the same day - first red flag. I dont understand why Armani tries to squeeze in so many patients at one time - it only leads to a sub par level of attention and from speaking from experience a poor result.

Long story short, I think my yield has been about 30% (I had 2500 grafts, FUE). It had been a painful process trying to track down Armani at first although I have managed to maintain regular contact. After reviewing post operative pictures even he admitted I was in need of a touch up over the previously grafted area. Earlier efforts for advice when I had reported concern that my progress was slow, generated the same unhelpful response 'use more minoxidil on the area'.

I am due to visit Armani for a follow up consultation although am looking into other doctors for a second procedure, and hopefully better result.

Edited by Wolfman235

Wolfman

Sounds like you are in the same position I was. I turned down the free Armani touch up. If only 30% of the grafts grew the first time it seems unlikely that his success rate would be any higher the second time.

I went to Dr Bisanga to fix my hairline and I am delighted I did.

All the best,

SR

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

its funny that i got an email this morning saying someone had replied to this thread. as this morning when i went to style my hair there pops out another nice thick hair with root and white looking hair at bottom. its hard to explain how much anxiety this causes. since i posted on here from the very begining of my procedure i was not going to praise or diss armani untill results were there to be shown on my own head. alot of people on here know what ive been through and i don't post as much on this site anymore because im trying to ignore the fact ive had a bad experience and that ive been ripped of by ?7000 i must say now after 2 years i have about 10% yeild at the left side of my head if that as it almost looks bald and i have to brush down the native hair behind the transplanted area to cover and the right side has about 25% yield left maybe 30% and whenever sunlight or daylight beams onto my head you can see right through my hairline and see all the scarring holes from every incision made. its terrible to say the leaste. not only am i left with poor results im left with scaring that will still remain even if i go to another surgeon for another procedure. all i know for sure is i need to do something withing the next year as by year 3 im not going to be able to hide the Armani massacre anymore and my head is going to be on show for everyone to stand and stare. lets hope i come into some cash soon as airman killed by bank balance off

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Wow guys so very frustrating to hear your stories, i have great empathy.

Thank the Good Lord I did not trust that man after consulting one of his consults, they just smacked of a slicker version of Bosley to me.

They are way overpriced and apparently on par with Bosley to boot, my goodness what a travesty, havee you reported them to the Better Business Bureau? Considered reporting them to the Plastic Surgeons Boards that license them to practice in their state?

People like this need to be shown to be the charlatans they are, they deserve to be along side televangelists in ridicule and for defacing an other wise honorable and good medical practice.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 3 weeks later...

A follow up.

I have seen Armani since my last post and he offered a free touch up, in fact, almost a third of the work I had done initially. I thought it was a nice gesture although I will not be going back to him. Looking back at the whole experience, I am so disappointed in his work that I have lost all faith in his practise.

As part of my research (and I am being much more thorough this time) I met with a couple of other doctors who both said Armani had ruined my donor area and left the transplanted area badly scarred, which will make it harder for me to get follow up work done and achieve the result I originally set out to. Real shame.

Like I said, I only wish I had come across this site two years ago, but at least now I can make others aware of the harsh truth! Thanks all for your responses. Good luck to any of you doing your own research into getting a procedure done.

Edited by Wolfman235

I met with a couple of other doctors who both said Armani had ruined my donor area and left the transplanted area badly scarred, which will make it harder for me to get follow up work done and achieve the result I originally set out to. Real shame.

Its a standard thing in this "Industry" for Docs to blame the doc who has done any previous work, even when the previous work was good or acceptable or natural.

So after u get the surgery from those docs that were bashing your previous doc, only then u should judge who did better or worse, becouse only post op results count, and not pre op recomendations / promises / evaluations, which at the end might be proven to be a science fiction or a parody or even worse a thriller ..

And Hair Transplantation field, is not a Contest of which doc is gonna win the prize, but a surgical procedure that aims for lifetime satisfaction for the patient, and this is what only matters.

So my advice is, dont believe what you are told, just evaluate the results AFTER you have done any surgery, Good luck.

PS. Happy new year everybody !

Edited by Tsakalos

I totally agree with the comment 'And Hair Transplantation field, is not a Contest of which doc is gonna win the prize, but a surgical procedure that aims for lifetime satisfaction for the patient, and this is what only matters'. It was therefore my intention to provide people with feedback on my personal experience so that they could do the right research and avoid making the mistake that I made and the disappointment that followed (and from reading previous posts on this blog i appear not to be the only one!). I think it is imperative that anyone looking to have a procedure, find a surgeon suitable to them to help achieve a result that would provide lifetime satisfaction. In my opinion, the outcome of any bad procedure is as much the patients fault for not having done the right research as it is the surgoens fault for not having performed to an acceptable standard (in mu case this was Armani).

Regarding any blame culture in the profession, while I am not surprised that it may be the case, in my particular case I can attest to the fact that my recipient area from the last procedure is badly damaged (hard, dry, peeling, almost like a burn scar) to which end I do not think any doctor saying that a second corrective procedure will very likely be difficult (although not impossible) vs grafting into virgin scalp, is telling me anything far from the truth.

Finally, just for the record, I have not mentioned the name of my last doctor to any of the sugeons I have seen regarding a follow up.

Wish you all a happy and hair abundant 2011.

I understand that u are willing to share your bad experience with Armani, i am sorry about that.

However i had surgeries with Armani in the past and they DID change my appearance for the better. And one of the main reasons that i didnt choose Armani for my latest transplant was the "accusations" in this thread. And even though i whould have got a totally free minimaly invasive FUE , i didnt like all these "unproven" theories about Armani threating patients with poor results, destoying peoples donor areas, and producing constantly low yield.

So after reading all of these posters here , including several forum cheerleaders and Armani's Imagemakers, i decided to visit another Doc, member of the "Coallition of Ultra Refined Fullicular Unit transplation" (or whatever it is called) to pay 20.000 for the surgery to get a second scar, and all these in order to prevent my self from being threatened, for my donor area to be destroyed, and to get an acceptable yield and cosmetic improvement which was discussed and confirmed by me and the doc in the private consultation AND after the graft placement was completed.

And as far for the results ? What can i say ? They do not differ from anything being mentioned in this SAME thread, which changed my mind (mostly) and didnt go back to Armani again.

So in my case, the only mistake i did is taking this thead seriously becouse it never gave me any benefit but it simply inspired me into getting screwed up, cosmetically, physiologically,financially, and as far as the repair that i need in an ATTEMPT to improve my appearance at a lever that a realistic success whould indicate looking worse than before having the 3rd surgery is Completely out of the question, I ve had enough suffering all these years from this industry (also deceived in the past into wearing a rug at the age of 25)

Thanks but no thanks

Edited by Tsakalos