dating and hair loss

hoose

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt most women do care about looks. Not just women, people do in general

Jesus.. Heidi Klum is married to Seal , if that doesn't show us how clueless love can be what does.

My point is , you never know what "good looks" are to her.. Take a look around there are plenty of nice looking women with VERY average ( or below ) looking men .. I might also add there is a bit more to attracting women than good looks..

I would imagine the percentages would favor tall , dark , and handsome but of course..

Take a look around icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guys can go in to a prolonged depression when they realise they are going bald, this could potentially drive away any partner...

Just to add to this thread...

I believe women do like taller men, as opposed to tall men... what i have not seen mentioned is the fact that it is relative. Women like men to be taller than them, many women are 5'7 and under, as long as your a few inches taller or as tall, then there is not really a big problem.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Bro

Cmon now, there are always challenges in life but to say if you are bald and short , you won't get any dates is rubbish..

You said "Their definition is bases solely on height and hair".

C'mon,I think men are much more critical about looks than women..

That is not true in adulthood ( possibly in college). I am not tall and I was bald and I dated many hot women. In fact many of them said they prefer a man their height and some women like bald men ..

Now, does it help to have hair and be tall, Yes, I agree but to assume that ALL women base a man's appeal on this ..

No way. Take a look around .. Not all women are superfiscial and shallow ( but some are)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I believe women do like taller men, as opposed to tall men... what i have not seen mentioned is the fact that it is relative. Women like men to be taller than them, many women are 5'7 and under, as long as your a few inches taller or as tall, then there is not really a big problem.

I totally agree. I used to have a girlfriend who was 5'11". I thought she was very attractive and many people agreed. But she surprised me when she said that it had not always been easy to meet the right guy as she wanted someone taller than herself. This ruled out the majority of guys right away. She told me as well though that the attitude of most of her girlfriends was that they would prefer to meet someone taller than themselves but that person did not have to be actually tall.

• 2 months later...

I stumbled on this thread while surfing the internet, and since I'm an attractive single woman actively dating men of all appearances, I read all 6 pages with interest.

I've never met or seen any of the posters, and have no idea what any of you look like or how much hair you have today. It doesn't matter. Simply based on what's written here, I'd date Vasilius in a heartbeat and almost certainly come back wanting more. He's intelligent, well-spoken and empowered, doesn't use his "weaknesses" as excuses, and is generous with his time trying to help others. Keep in mind that I have zero idea what he looks like. It's his personality that's sexy.

In contrast, other posters here come across as whiny, defensive individuals who hide behind their insecurities and prefer to see themselves as victims. I'd try hard not to date you and if I found myself on a date with you by mistake, it would be over soon - regardless of what you looked like or how much hair you had.

To the original poster - why not just accept the girl's statement that she wasn't ready to date? And when you saw her later she was? Just think, you could be in a relationship with her now if you chose to trust her words instead of substituting your own deep insecurities.

And yes, sometimes people are shallow. Just yesterday I got rejected because the guy I was emailing with wanted a girl taller than 5'8. Oh well, so what? I'm a pretty splendid package wrapped in a 5'4 frame and if he doesn't like that, someone else will. It's his loss, not mine.

Hang in there guys, you worry too much. Short and bald is perfect if it comes with the right person attached.

Originally posted by sizzle:

I stumbled on this thread while surfing the internet, and since I'm an attractive single woman actively dating men of all appearances, I read all 6 pages with interest.

I've never met or seen any of the posters, and have no idea what any of you look like or how much hair you have today. It doesn't matter. Simply based on what's written here, I'd date Vasilius in a heartbeat and almost certainly come back wanting more. He's intelligent, well-spoken and empowered, doesn't use his "weaknesses" as excuses, and is generous with his time trying to help others. Keep in mind that I have zero idea what he looks like. It's his personality that's sexy.

I think we can all agree that Sizzle is actually Vasilius. icon_biggrin.gif

A friend in one of my classes is diffuse NW3 buzzed with a no guard. Comparing him to me when his hair grows out, I easily have a full head of hair but he has the jawdropping girlfriend. It gives me hope for me when I get up higher on the NW scale and that the only person who is making a big deal out of it is you.

You went out with a woman who "blew you off" because, according to you, she didn't find you very attractive. Later on, she (again, according to you), did find you attractive, and you got to feel good about yourself by blowing her off. How is this poetically just, at all? You liked her for her appearance, didn't you? Sorry, but I don't feel she did anything wrong by not pursuing a relationship with you; hell, it might not even have been your looks that did you in.

Just the other day, Facebook informed me that one of hottest girls I know was now in a relationship. I looked at their pictures together and the guy is well on his way to NW3 (in the front at least). One floor below me in the building I live in is an NW6 with a very hot girlfriend too.

Remember, the reason that we are all going bald is that somewhere down the line, a guy with a gene for baldness reproduced.

• 2 weeks later...

In these situations, I think a lot or most of it is in the mind of the (balding) guy.

I'm not saying women aren't superficial or prefer full heads of hair, but it's not like all the bald men in the world are lonely, all the bald husbands wives left them, all the bald single guys can't get dates.

Some women are superficial, but who cares? You don't need someone like that anyway.

And then again, aren't we all a little superficial? It seems like a lot of us don't like our bald selves in the mirror - how can we expect anyone else to?

I want to keep my hair, but I'm not terrified of it. I'm short, too. I'm pretty confident that even if/when I get noticably more bald, I could still get girls. Who knows, maybe I'm in for a shock.

Bill - Sorry I've been gone so long - I've been busy. I love this discussion though. I think it gives us all valuable insight, especially the posts from the last few months. A wounded psyche is much worse than a receding hairline.

Sizzle - Thanks for the compliments (and right back at ya icon_wink.gif). What you said about self-image and how it relates to attractiveness was spot on. You seem to have a very strong sense of who you are as well, which is a very attractive quality in women too. icon_smile.gif

Leeson - Your Zac Efron comment was awesome, man I was crying!!

Originally posted by sizzle:

In contrast, other posters here come across as whiny, defensive individuals who hide behind their insecurities and prefer to see themselves as victims. I'd try hard not to date you and if I found myself on a date with you by mistake, it would be over soon - regardless of what you looked like or how much hair you had.

To the original poster - why not just accept the girl's statement that she wasn't ready to date? And when you saw her later she was? Just think, you could be in a relationship with her now if you chose to trust her words instead of substituting your own deep insecurities.

And yes, sometimes people are shallow. Just yesterday I got rejected because the guy I was emailing with wanted a girl taller than 5'8. Oh well, so what? I'm a pretty splendid package wrapped in a 5'4 frame and if he doesn't like that, someone else will. It's his loss, not mine.

Hang in there guys, you worry too much. Short and bald is perfect if it comes with the right person attached.

Internet personalities are completely different than real life personalities.

Some people realizing they are anonymous, let their hair down and treat it almost like a counselling session.

Others pretend that they are not anonymous and display the highest levels of image management, with the ability to re-read and edit their posts, something they cant do in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these whiny individuals are investment bankers, and the "cool" guys deliver pizza. In fact, I would bet the "au natural" posters are the ones who requie high levels of image management in real life and view the internet as an escape.

Just something to think about.

I just stumbled onto this thread, and I think I have an instant crush on "Sizzle." Super eloquent with her words... It's great that she took the time to post and offer her insight.

It's true that not all women think in such an enlightened way, but clearly the most worthwhile ones have a lot more substance than this thread is giving them credit for having...