dating and hair loss

hoose

Son Of Jor-El icon_smile.gif ,

I understood your binary scale, very clever.

I think you were originally just making a sociological observation, but when other members disagreed you took it a step further.

Let me ask you this though:

Do you think it's good advice to other guys reading this thread, to tell them that if they are short and/or bald that they have little to no shot at marriage and kids?

I'm glad you feel like superman dude, but there are a lot of young men who come to this forum whose self-esteem has been devastated by their hair loss.

Just something to think about.

-Vasilius

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaslillus,

Your summary was hilarious, but right on.

Thanks for creating a summary of this thread for those who are just catching on icon_smile.gif

This is a fun thread and certainly worth discussing since it hits home with many of us as we wrestle with the insecurities that hair loss causes. I think I'll add it to the forum newsletter icon_smile.gif

Bill

Good idea Bill, I agree that it would make a fine addition to the newsletter. I hope if nothing else that men AND women who are feeling insecure because of hair loss feel a sense of community here and a non-threatening environment to ask questions, rant, or share their concerns as well as their triumphs.

One of the best things about this forum for me is seeing all of the personal transformations people have had. I see some of the results photos and they've not only restored their hair, they've hit the gym hard, taken big vacations, and they look completely different - more confident, happy and youthful. I know you know what I'm talking about Bill, because I've seen your pics! icon_cool.gif

And I don't see it as vanity or posturing in order to impress anyone. It's healing your spirit and self-image from years of corrosive self-doubt, angst and hours of hating the mirror.

This is a fun thread icon_smile.gif

-Vasilius

Originally posted by bro:

How does this story have anything to do with a short bald/balding guy getting girls?

Its that women didn't like me because I was all sad all the time and talked about my ex. Its just to show that they worry about other things more than height/hair. Most do worry about these, but guess what? Its not the end of the world. You can do a bit about both but not much, so worry about other parts that matter much more to most women. People I know who are short develop the Napoleon complex and fail or don't let it get to them and do much better in everything in life.

Bro,

These guys are being really nice and trying to give you help. You are worrying about the wrong things. Come here to get advice and improve yourself, not being all mopey about it to everyone. It will only eat ya.

the point I am making with my posts is that yes, there exists superficial men and women, however, the degree of this superficiality in terms of the percentage of people who possess this superficiality, and the number of individuals of the opposite sex to which the superficiality negatively affects is way more to a serious degree in women. This is contrary to popular belief that is men who are superficial. I say this because first of all, the number of women who would not pay attention to short/balding men, and who would not date them is extraordinarily high; nothing like it can be found in men. And secondly, the numbers of men it affects is huge as well. So in essence, it affects the majority of men. Nothing like it exists in men.

Fat Chicks...

Bro -

First, once again, I am below avg height and it never stopped me from dating. Tall girls, pretty girls, it was never ever a problem, and I am married to my dream girl, who is the same height as me and taller when she wears heels, so your argument that short guys are screwed and cannot attract women has no merit.

Second, if you think there are more guys who will date a fat girl than girls who will date a short guy you need to actually listen to what other guys say sometime. I know there are guys who like a woman with "more to love", but most men aren't attracted physically to obese women. And women know this very well. If you think men are insecure about height or hair loss, watch what women put themselves through to keep the pounds off.

And just pointing out that there are fat chicks in pr0n is ridiculous, I'm no expert on it but there are pr0n movies with horse-f#cking and people pooping on each other, that doesn't make it the norm.

-Vasilius

Originally posted by Vasilius:

And just pointing out that there are fat chicks in pr0n is ridiculous, I'm no expert on it but there are pr0n movies with horse-f#cking and people pooping on each other, that doesn't make it the norm.

-Vasilius

That made me laugh!

Bro,

If you act the way you do online as you do offline. You don't seem to be a happy person! Give it a try, and remeber, arguements aren't always to be won. Esp with the opposite sex!

I would rather be happy than right any day.

You are probably right about obese women, I mean the really fat ones, who don't attract men. But what percentage of women does that constitute. I would venture to guess under 1%, whereas not tall/balding men constitute probably well over 50% of the male population. To compare a problem that affects under 1% of the female population to a problem that affects over 50% of the male population is ridiculous.

How about instead of guessing, we cite actual statistics:

According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001 to 2004, 61.6% of adult American women are overweight (BMI >25) and 33.2% are obese (BMI >30).

By comparison, 40% of 35-year-old men have male pattern baldness.

In spite of the rate of obesity and baldness, 80% of men and women get married at least once in their lifetime.

If baldness, height and obesity reduce chances of coupling the way you claim they do, how is the marriage rate so high, especially given how many couples never choose to get married?

Look bro, we all know looks matter. No one is disputing that it is advantageous for guys to be tall and have a full head of hair. Likewise, women who are fit and beautiful have an edge on women who are not. But what you do not understand is that looks are not the entire attraction puzzle, they are just a piece of it.

-Vasilius

We can't deal with absolutes on this; it is a matter of degree, and the winner of the game is who balances the degrees the best.

Height and hairloss are aesthetics, and there are varying degrees of height and hair. There are a myriad of other aesthetic components, as well, and they all do the same thing -- impact how we look and are perceived. Yes, nobody gets sympathy for being bald, generally just some ridicule -- nobody with an "ugly" nose gets sympathy, either, nor one with ugly teeth, bone structure, ears.....

There is some very sound advice and example in this thread; consciousness is a double-edged sword that allows us to use logic and convince ourselves of whatever it is we want, though.

Work with what you have; cultivate changes you want; don't obsess over that which you can't. A recipe for success. Maybe hair and height are dealbreakers for *some* women with specific regard to *you*....so what....some people, girls and guys alike, are simply ugly and lack any semblance of aesthetic aptitude and have an even greater challenge. But the point is, it *is* a challenge.

Not following some of the advice in this thread will simply make you more of a "dealbreaker" to even more women.....

EDIT -- when I was younger I was a prototypical example of a good-looking guy with pretty much all my aesthetic cards in place.....hair, height, body, teeth, style etc.....I had *horrible* success with women...and it was squarely my personality and mind working against me. And I guarantee there were short, bald guys out there hooking up with if not dating women I'd have loved to be with....

Let's say everything Bro is saying is correct -- and I agree with much of it, if not all the facts -- how should we then proceed?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bro -

Enough is enough.

I'm going straight to the heart of the matter now:

You believe that women have rejected you throughout your life simply because you are short and balding. You cling to this belief because it rationalizes your loneliness and completely relieves you of any personal responsibility for your situation.

Well I've got news for you pal - if by age 50 you can't look inward and see how you are primarily responsible for your position in life, you are in deep denial my friend. Your attitude is the main culprit. Go ahead, tell me I'm blaming the victim - but it is what it is.

I am only in this forum to learn, to improve myself and help others do the same. I have no interest in winning this petty argument with you. And since you are not here to improve yourself, since you think you have nothing to learn form anyone here, even guys like Dr. Lindsey and Bill and others much wiser than me, I am done trying to persuade you. You don't need anyone's help anyway, right Superman? You've got it all figured out, if only women weren't so vapid and superficial you'd be a grandpa by now.

I give up.

-Vasilius

Originally posted by Vasilius:

Bro -

Enough is enough.

I'm going straight to the heart of the matter now:

You believe that women have rejected you throughout your life simply because you are short and balding. You cling to this belief because it rationalizes your loneliness and completely relieves you of any personal responsibility for your situation.

Well I've got news for you pal - if by age 50 you can't look inward and see how you are primarily responsible for your position in life, you are in deep denial my friend. Your attitude is the main culprit. Go ahead, tell me I'm blaming the victim - but it is what it is.

I am only in this forum to learn, to improve myself and help others do the same. I have no interest in winning this petty argument with you. And since you are not here to improve yourself, since you think you have nothing to learn form anyone here, even guys like Dr. Lindsey and Bill and others much wiser than me, I am done trying to persuade you. You don't need anyone's help anyway, right Superman? You've got it all figured out, if only women weren't so vapid and superficial you'd be a grandpa by now.

I give up.

-Vasilius

This entire site is about how bald guys don't get laid. So what is the big confusion when some bald guy shows up and say hey, I don't get laid? Geeeeeeeeeesh, maybe you should face the ramifications of what this site stands for.

And also, you have your supposed "stats", well I have mine too:

Women get laid more than men

And you would have to go to my writings to explain the anomaly, namely, that it is only the tall guys getting laid, and so the non-tall guys skew the data down for the men's side. The study was done with young ppl so I am assuming none of the guys where bald/balding yet. But had that study been done with an older crowd, then I am sure the men's side would have even lower numbers because now not only would you have non- tall men in the mix, but you would also have bald/balding men as well.

Show some facts that short bald men never get married or have sex. I can't appeal to your authority on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

BRO man...before I get banned contact that idiot John36 on his email he posted on his thread....he will then contact me.

Bro I want to do something for you man.Don't refuse me please.Send me an address of a Hotel and a Hotel room number in your town and TIME.

I will find good hearted girl ...gorgeous looking girl tell her what you want any theory man....but I guarantee you she will want to F**** your brains out.

You need some Bro.If this is not acceptable to you that is fine.

take care man

If that scale works I'd have to give myself a 00. During my HT I was supported by a woman 15 years younger (26) half a head taller, who I spent a couple of special months with as my HT made me look like Frankenstein.

What women want is a shoulder to lean on and to feel they are with a person of importance, charm and humour. You may think a women rejects you for your hair, what they reject is your lack of confidence because of your hair.

Despite the Margaret Thatchers and Hillary Clintons and new age equality women still want to be led

• 2 weeks later...

we've all had experiences exactly like yours.

To tell you the truth, youre lucky you didnt have your hair yet.

Character is revealed, and you avoid wasting time and money.

Anyway she no doubt will end up with a worthless playa' who will cheat on her as she gets uglier.

hardcore long-term veteran of hack plug doctors to ultra refined coalition doctors.

knowledgeable about show business hair transplants

I think this is a great subject to debate.

First of all , we can never generalize to a 100% accuracy. There will always be an exception to the rules.

With that being said, I can speak from first hand in this area as I am single, date often, and lost and "found" my hair..

1- No doubt- women repsond better to me with hair

2- Women are attracted to confident men ( obviously having a head of hair breeds confidence)

3- Women generally prefer taller men

4- YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT A WOMEN WILL GO FOR

At 40 plus, the one lesson I have learned is you never know what a women finds attractive.. Everyone is different and you may be surprised sometimes on the answers they give

Now, that means the only way to find out is to approach her and find out???

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!