advanced hair studio

GRAV15

Everything seems to be a 'resolvable issue' with them, I have had a reply back from my Credit Card company, they have finally received a letter from AHS regarding my dispute and they AHS are putting my complaint forward to 'head office'. We will see.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is interesting, i wonder if i have a case even though I used them some years ago and have not mentioned things since. Is it worth speaking to customer services stating I am sending case over to Financial Ombudsman?

Hey Mac, I just read ur follow up email. Best of luck with it, I think the important thing is that u chart ur progress here so other guys can see how ur dispute was resolved.

I hope u and dave81 follow this through and keep us all posted. The good thing is that these days people know their rights and won't stand for bad service. There are great hair replacement (toupee) companies out there. If u know what ur buying and ur comfortable with it then go for it, I don't get why there has to be such mystery when u buy a system.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm not in dispute with AHS but they are certainly guilty of mis-selling. I bought the strand by strand package for ?3,500 and was happy with the result. I was also OK paying ?50 every month for a haircut and on-going maintenance.

However, after 5 months my hairdresser advised that it maybe beneficial to buy a spare hair piece so that they can be alternated every month and "rested." It's at this point I contacted the owner of the franchise and was horrified to find that I could buy 2 more pieces for a discounted price of ?2,200. This is less than 6-months after shelling out ?3,500.

My main objection, and now the reason I'm looking elsewhere, is that all the costs are not made clear. I was clearly missold as there is no way I would have signed up to pay effectively ?3,000 per annum for a hair system (?2,200 for two pieces, 12 haircuts at ?50 plus shampoos, etc).

My initial suspicion that these people are not ethical has been confirmed and I hope by highlighting these costs, people will make the right choice first time.

• 4 weeks later...

Advanced Hair Studio – Review

I am a 26 year old. My family has a history of genetic hair loss. Loosing hair at such an early stage, I decided to look for anti-baldness treatments and finally underwent a surgery at Advanced Hair Studio Clinic in New Delhi. My experience which was not good at all is explained in detail below. I would request all of you who are considering similar treatment to read this and feel free to talk me @ plus nine one - nine nine five eight eight nine one six eight one before making a decision.

First Visit

I went to visit Advanced Hair studio for a solution to my problem of balding. I was impressed to see the great interiors and nice decor. It looked like a very friendly and amicable place. I met with Sanket with my parents. Sanket started with his rehersed sales pitch. He looked at my hair and said my requirement was for about 6,000 follicles after which I could have a full head with bounce, volume and shine. He suggested that I take a laser therapy with a 1 operation and that should solve my problem. There were two doctors on their panel who them suggested. One charged Rs 70 per follicle and other Rs 130. However, if I decided by the end of the month there could be a discount of Rs 20 on this. Overall, he gave solid sales pitch to convince that this would be the best place. He showed the contacts and photographs of all the celebrities they had treated including the personal phone numbers of a few he had. However, now I realize in the hindsight there were few details he never gave:

• The full name of the doctor and his credentials

• There was no opportunity to meet the surgeon personally

• There was no mention of what kind of therapy each one of their brand ambassadors had undergone. Even minor treatments were projected full hair gain

• There were no patient references given

• There was great attempt to keep the patient from not talking to the doctor

Plus I was promised:

• I could return to work next from surgery

• It would be a painless affair

• I would not need to take any precautions and life would be back to normal after 24 hours.

There was a great force in booking the operation date as soon as possible to get the best rates.

Next Day on Call

We discussed internally and came to the conclusion and we wanted to see the results the laser therapy before undergoing surgery. Sanket called up and we conveyed out decision. On hearing this, he completed changed his words. He said that I MUST go for surgery and not for the laser treatment as it would not yield good results in my case. He backtracked on his initial pitch. But based on his recommendation of 6,000 hair follicles I decided to undergo one surgery of 3,000 grafts in 1 sitting and evaluate the results. Now, here is where the mess starts.

On the Operation Day

The doctor came in. He was not even aware of who the patient was. He had not looked at the pictures. There was no photographs he was shown. He was also quite disinterested in overall what was communicated. There was major gap in what was told to him and what was promised to him. Apparently, he was told I would be given 4,500 grafts and 3,000. This meant our surgery costs escalated by 50% or 75,000 without even any prior information. He told me that there was NO USE OF GOING FOR 3,000 follicles. He marked on my head showing how much 3,000 follicles would cover. On the day of the surgery this misinformation campaign was happening and we were told that if we do not go through with the surgery today I would have to forfeit my deposit of Rs 50,000. We were angry and frustrated. More than anything doctor told me to get a good hair cover I need 15,000 follicles over 4 sittings. This was completely contrary to what Sanket had informed me about 6,000 follicles over 2 sittings. There was no sync in what the doctor was saying and what was promised and that too 15 minutes before the start of the procedure. Plus, I was extremely unhappy with the amount of cover that even 4,500 follicles would give me. I am apprehensive that I might not as good as I do right now and might have to undergo a second round only to overcome the patchy work of the 1st sitting and hence shelling out so much money.

I was now realizing the real truth behind the glamorous looks of studio and the real filth inside and how they mislead their patients at the last moment. The advanced hair studio people were really upset with the doctor for letting me know about the 15,000 follicles.

But I decided to go for the surgery only because I had made up my mind and I did not want to loose the money that I had deposited and all the arrangements that have been made. Surgery lasted 6 hours and only overseen by doctors. He gave the local anesthesia and part of it while most of it was handled by him which from the looks of it did not look like a team of doctors, but more like a team of semi-trained nurses. Doctor would continuously take phone calls in the middle of the procedure and also walked out several times for upto 30 minutes to meet clients and people. After having spent so much money, I expected him to at least be fully attentive at the time of surgery.

Also, I realized that the Doctor practised at several different places and in fact I could have had the same procedure done by the same doctor at much cheaper rates at the other places he practices. I was paying a great premium without getting any extra service, but only misinformation.

Also, I had no way of ensuring that the doctor really gave me 4,500 grafts or less. I could have been 3,000 and I would have no way to know.

Now, here is the second big whammy. Post the surgery, I was informed:

• I needed to ear a head cap and aband for the next 72 hours

• I had an injured head so could not go out

• I was put on heavy anti-biotics and sedatives.

• I could only work from home for the next few days

• Based on the transplanted hair might have to wear a cap for next 6 months -12 months because the patchy transplant.

• I should not do any kind of gymming, running and workouts for the 3 weeks

• I should not anything thats makes me sweat

• I should stay away from alcohol and smoking

• I should keep my head as much away from pollution, dust and heat

All this meant that:

• I could not attend to some very important official meetings and presentations where I needed to go

• There were major lifestyle changes I was not informed about

I was not informed any of this before I underwent the procedure. Plus, there is always such a huge disconnect between what the doctor says and what the studio promises that I am agast, angry and disappointed.

Conclusion

• I was prepared for 3,000 follicles but was forced to undergo 4,500 follicles in extremely coercive environment

• Doctor and Clinic never speak the same language

• I was misinformed about my requirement: 15,000 against 6,000

• I was misinformed about the post surgical precautions

• I will not recommend going to Advanced Hair Studio to anyone because they will give you a great sales pitch and convince you, but truth will come as come to the day of surgery

• I am still extremely unhappy and sceptical about the results I will get after the first round

For people who are planning to undergo such a procedure, here is my advice:

• Do not go on the swanky interiors and great sales talk: Always talk to the doctor who will perform the procedure

• Be clear on the requirements

• Talk to other patients to see if you are prepared for it

• It is a big decision which will require you to alter your lifestyle, so be prepared

Advanced Hair Studio – Review

I am a 26 year old. My family has a history of genetic hair loss. Loosing hair at such an early stage, I decided to look for anti-baldness treatments and finally underwent a surgery at Advanced Hair Studio Clinic in New Delhi. My experience which was not good at all is explained in detail below. I would request all of you who are considering similar treatment to read this and feel free to talk me @ plus nine one - nine nine five eight eight nine one six eight one before making a decision.

First Visit

I went to visit Advanced Hair studio for a solution to my problem of balding. I was impressed to see the great interiors and nice decor. It looked like a very friendly and amicable place. I met with Sanket with my parents. Sanket started with his rehersed sales pitch. He looked at my hair and said my requirement was for about 6,000 follicles after which I could have a full head with bounce, volume and shine. He suggested that I take a laser therapy with a 1 operation and that should solve my problem. There were two doctors on their panel who them suggested. One charged Rs 70 per follicle and other Rs 130. However, if I decided by the end of the month there could be a discount of Rs 20 on this. Overall, he gave solid sales pitch to convince that this would be the best place. He showed the contacts and photographs of all the celebrities they had treated including the personal phone numbers of a few he had. However, now I realize in the hindsight there were few details he never gave:

• The full name of the doctor and his credentials

• There was no opportunity to meet the surgeon personally

• There was no mention of what kind of therapy each one of their brand ambassadors had undergone. Even minor treatments were projected full hair gain

• There were no patient references given

• There was great attempt to keep the patient from not talking to the doctor

Plus I was promised:

• I could return to work next from surgery

• It would be a painless affair

• I would not need to take any precautions and life would be back to normal after 24 hours.

There was a great force in booking the operation date as soon as possible to get the best rates.

Next Day on Call

We discussed internally and came to the conclusion and we wanted to see the results the laser therapy before undergoing surgery. Sanket called up and we conveyed out decision. On hearing this, he completed changed his words. He said that I MUST go for surgery and not for the laser treatment as it would not yield good results in my case. He backtracked on his initial pitch. But based on his recommendation of 6,000 hair follicles I decided to undergo one surgery of 3,000 grafts in 1 sitting and evaluate the results. Now, here is where the mess starts.

On the Operation Day

The doctor came in. He was not even aware of who the patient was. He had not looked at the pictures. There was no photographs he was shown. He was also quite disinterested in overall what was communicated. There was major gap in what was told to him and what was promised to him. Apparently, he was told I would be given 4,500 grafts and 3,000. This meant our surgery costs escalated by 50% or 75,000 without even any prior information. He told me that there was NO USE OF GOING FOR 3,000 follicles. He marked on my head showing how much 3,000 follicles would cover. On the day of the surgery this misinformation campaign was happening and we were told that if we do not go through with the surgery today I would have to forfeit my deposit of Rs 50,000. We were angry and frustrated. More than anything doctor told me to get a good hair cover I need 15,000 follicles over 4 sittings. This was completely contrary to what Sanket had informed me about 6,000 follicles over 2 sittings. There was no sync in what the doctor was saying and what was promised and that too 15 minutes before the start of the procedure. Plus, I was extremely unhappy with the amount of cover that even 4,500 follicles would give me. I am apprehensive that I might not as good as I do right now and might have to undergo a second round only to overcome the patchy work of the 1st sitting and hence shelling out so much money.

I was now realizing the real truth behind the glamorous looks of studio and the real filth inside and how they mislead their patients at the last moment. The advanced hair studio people were really upset with the doctor for letting me know about the 15,000 follicles.

But I decided to go for the surgery only because I had made up my mind and I did not want to loose the money that I had deposited and all the arrangements that have been made. Surgery lasted 6 hours and only overseen by doctors. He gave the local anesthesia and part of it while most of it was handled by him which from the looks of it did not look like a team of doctors, but more like a team of semi-trained nurses. Doctor would continuously take phone calls in the middle of the procedure and also walked out several times for upto 30 minutes to meet clients and people. After having spent so much money, I expected him to at least be fully attentive at the time of surgery.

Also, I realized that the Doctor practised at several different places and in fact I could have had the same procedure done by the same doctor at much cheaper rates at the other places he practices. I was paying a great premium without getting any extra service, but only misinformation.

Also, I had no way of ensuring that the doctor really gave me 4,500 grafts or less. I could have been 3,000 and I would have no way to know.

Now, here is the second big whammy. Post the surgery, I was informed:

• I needed to ear a head cap and aband for the next 72 hours

• I had an injured head so could not go out

• I was put on heavy anti-biotics and sedatives.

• I could only work from home for the next few days

• Based on the transplanted hair might have to wear a cap for next 6 months -12 months because the patchy transplant.

• I should not do any kind of gymming, running and workouts for the 3 weeks

• I should not anything thats makes me sweat

• I should stay away from alcohol and smoking

• I should keep my head as much away from pollution, dust and heat

All this meant that:

• I could not attend to some very important official meetings and presentations where I needed to go

• There were major lifestyle changes I was not informed about

I was not informed any of this before I underwent the procedure. Plus, there is always such a huge disconnect between what the doctor says and what the studio promises that I am agast, angry and disappointed.

Conclusion

• I was prepared for 3,000 follicles but was forced to undergo 4,500 follicles in extremely coercive environment

• Doctor and Clinic never speak the same language

• I was misinformed about my requirement: 15,000 against 6,000

• I was misinformed about the post surgical precautions

• I will not recommend going to Advanced Hair Studio to anyone because they will give you a great sales pitch and convince you, but truth will come as come to the day of surgery

• I am still extremely unhappy and sceptical about the results I will get after the first round

For people who are planning to undergo such a procedure, here is my advice:

• Do not go on the swanky interiors and great sales talk: Always talk to the doctor who will perform the procedure

• Be clear on the requirements

• Talk to other patients to see if you are prepared for it

• It is a big decision which will require you to alter your lifestyle, so be prepared

I started experiencing Hair Loss from 2006-07, its genetic. I happened to visit Advanced Hair Studio, and fall prey in their trap, they looted Rs. 1,09,000 plus taxes from me in lieu of Laser Therapy. They provide you some stupid laser therapy which actually never works, and charge you for Mintop 10% which is easily available at medical stores for some hundred bucks in Indian rupees. They are the greatest cheat one can ever meet. They are the liars. For their FUE and FUT method, they charge you per follicle. Their surgeons Dr. Manoj Khanna and Dr. Amit Gupta are partners in crime and also crook, they transplant only 500-1000 grafts (each graft contain two or ,more hair strands) and they charge for 5000 or 6000 strands. For each strand they charge from a range of Rs. 150 to Rs. 75 depending upon your financial status. Yes Financial status, they do look at which car you have come from, which wrist watch you are wearing and which brand you carry as your mobile. Depending upon your status they pitch you the rates per follicle. You would never be able to count how many strands they have transplanted, and they charge you Rs. 5 lakhs to 6 lakhs extra without doing anything. Their CEO is Sanket shah who also claims to have undergone Hair transplantation, which is an out and out lie.

He wears a hair piece and to give body to his hair which is on clip, where as he claims that he had done two procedures one hairtranspalnt and other non surgical hair treatment from Advanced Hair Studio. Which is biggest lie.

If you wish contact me at my email id mail2gm@sify.com and I would give you all the contacts of all other customers of Advanced Hair Studio who has been cheated and suffered.

BEWARE of Advanced Hair Studio, They are SHARKS -NO RESULTS- TOTAL LOSS

Few questions for the people who are suffering from Hair Loss and want to go AHS, please ask for these questions and do ur homework before u end up losing ur money for no results.

1. AHS claims they have patented procedures, every patent has its number, please ask for that patent number for any of the procedure they offers.

2. LASER device, which they sell for Rs. 25 K to 50 K, its nothing but HAIR MAX, google it and u will find it at much cheaper price online, Advanced Hair Studio claims to be their manufacturing, actually they outsource it from HAIR MAX and sell it on double triple price depending upon the customers ignorance.

3. Ask them to show the NON SURGICAL product before paying them, which they claim to be a skin, actually its a WIG on net, which sticks on ur scalp with a local glue. Total discomfort.

It is not from UK /US lab which they falsely claim, its from some local guy in Hongkong called Bonnie, google him too and you can order ur WIG on much cheaper price directly from him. But talk to their existing client and meet them personlaay, dnt fall prey for any reference call they arrange over the phone, its their sales consultants who talk on the phone with diff names. SANKET SHAH (Gujju Businessman/Studio Manager/CEO AHS) himself does not wear his own product that is Non surgical skin, he wears a WIG which is on CLIP. Why he himself doesnt wear that glue/adhesive WIG (Skin as per them) coz its a TOTAL DISCOMFORT.

4. Moreover when u reach them first time, Sanket Shah or any other crap Sales Consultant would tell u price for LASER therapy for Rs. 1,09,000 plus taxes promotion rate and CARD rate Rs. 140,000. Ask them why there are two diff rates at the same point of time for the same therapy. Show ur interest in the LASER therapy but dnt sign for it, with a week u will start receiving mails and calls from Client Relations department for closing of the deal, take ur time, tease them and they will start offering you more rebates/discounts in the name of Corporate discount/ Chairman's Quota and it will even come down to Rs. 75,000 for the same therapy which they were pitching in ur first meeting at Rs. 1,,40,000. Now imagine the price differentiation and try to understand which LASER therapy are you trying to undergo. What health effects (hazardous) its going to ask you.

4. Ask these sales consultants and Sanket Shah, regarding his subject matter qualification, they are quacks, none of them have undergone training at Australia as they claim, if yes , where are the certificates, any International Medical Training association issues certificate when a person undergo some training, but they cannot, to the greatest irony most of these people dont even has a biology background. Just imagine to whose hands are u giving ur life.

5. Regarding FUE/FUT method, Dr. Manoj Khanna and Dr. Amit Gupta, they sometimes produce results and sometimes they end up in total disaster. Dr. Manoj Khanna is a local guy from Kolkata and he has his own clinic at Kolkata, google his name and u will find his details regarding Kolkata, there he charges Rs. 25-40 per follicle, where as same doctor when plays with ur life at Advanced Hair Studio, he charges Rs.100-150 depending upon how fool a customer is.

6. Advanced Hair Studio, in Australia only provide two products 1. LASER 2 Non Surgical Hair piece (WIG) then how come AHS India can also give u Surgical treatment, the answer is simple, its a franchise in India and not a branch , again a lie that u will hear at AHS india from SANKET SHAH, they are just brokers for some crook doctors in India. Visit their Australian website or talk to any Sales Consultant of AHS Australia, they will tell 100 problems associated with surgical procedures as they do not sell it over there, but at India you will hear thousand positive points for Surgical and Non surgical, Just think how can the same company has two different approach for two diff countries.

5. Before signing ASK them the refund policy of the company (Their is NO REFUND POLICY at Advanced Hair Studio coz they are sharks and would swallow ur money), this shows that their procedures doesnt work.

At last SANKET SHAH who claims to be (CEO/Studio Manager) to have handled Australian Studio, ask him to show his appointment letter, He cannot coz he is the franchise owner of AHS (Gujrati businessman) and has no training or subject knowledge for hair transplant, he has mugged up a well written script and recites it every time with all customers with same full stops and commas, if you interrupt him during his recitation he will request you to ask questions later and let him finish first, WHY coz he will forget the mugged up script. He is no doctor, no professional, no bio background and if someone him are u a doctor he says, " Are you down with fever or any disease, hair loss is only a condition, that idiot doesnt knows that Alopecia of anykind is in itself a disease and genetic disorder.

I'm currently having a bad situation with Advanced Hair Studio! Heres my story...

Last september 2005 i visted AHS in London. I had a consultation and was shown a video about 'strand by strand'.

I was told it is like a fine skin like membrane which my hair would be pulled through and hair would be added to it. I thought it sounded great and placed my order 3000 pounds worth. When it arrived and i had it fitted. I found it to be a wig. Technically it had a thick monofilament base with a PU perimeter. It was first tied to my head rather painfully and i was told to come back the next day. When i did, they shaved the top of my head and stuck it on with glue. It was unnatural, itchy and in no way looked like what was in there brochures on described in the consulatation. I wrote a letter of complaint and they have offered to remake the piece with a more natural appearance. I rejected the offer as it does not change the fundamental point of misrepresentation and goods that are cheap and not fit for it purpose. Im now taking proceedings through my credit card company and may possibly take them to court to redeem my money.

I have now purchased another 'hair system' from another supplier which is far more natural, breathable and cost on 199 pounds! thats right one hundred and nineteen nine pounds!

Please could you post your experiences or email me if you have any stories about AHS

I'm currently in contact with a few of there ex clients and a ex employee.

Thanks

Andrew

Please find a photo attached

Please please, please. SAVE YOUR SANITY AND YOUR MONEY.

Do not have anything to do with this company. I am an ex=customer who while at the time I started with them I was absolutely desperate but i quickly learnt that there were far better and much cheaper products available all ovet the place.

I started to deal with the Birmingham branch of AHS in 2002 and paid nearly 3 grand for my first system, which on reflection now made me look like a wig wearer.

Remember that these systems are not supposed to look like anything but like your natural hair, like the ones i wear now and trust me they are invisble to the untrained eye. I play golf, do martial arts and workout regularly and it looks great and feels great. The ones that AHS supplied used to have a thick hairline at the fron and if the wind blew it gave the whole game away. I also paid nearly ?50 per month for a hair cut and refit. An absolute ripoff, now I do it myself as the other companies teach you how to do it yourself and you dont have that restriction of having to keep appointments which I found strangling my lifestyle.

The cost now is ?285.00 for the unit with swiss lace base and french lace at the front hairline using Remy hair, I have my gell'd up at the forhead and it looks great, I re-attach it usually each 3 weeks taking about 1 hour ( i have also learnt to trim my own natural hair) something I do not recommen but it is not impossible. The supplies for doing everything you need cost no more than ?55.00 per year. It is so invisible that my son only realised I wore this just before christmas.

So please do not pay the thousands that companies like AHS want to charge you and dont let them tell you that their systems are superior to all others because they are not In fact their systems are the ones that most other suppliers call 'stock systems' that you are normally charged $199.00 for and are very basic and cheap systems, rubbish really. If any one wants more help pls reply on this forum and I am only too please to help as I am a customer an end user NOT a supplier with an ulterior motive.

PS I have also now had 3 friends whohave surgical hair replacemeent with a Dr Sohi in Chandigarh and will soon be able to check out some results hopefully within the next 6 months or so. I am considering this route and for value for money and some normality in life will judge by the results that I see and will keep you posted..

Hi root for me.

I am in a similar situation in that I am currently wearing a bad system from advanced and are getting fed up! I have already paid for a second one which I have not had made yet. Your latest system sounds fantastic. Could you tell me where you got it from. I looked up remy hair but this seems to be generic hair.

Your post has given me some confidence that I will get to where I want to be eventually.

Andy

Hi Panda.

You are correct in that when companies try to insinuate that Remy hair is better it is just that from what I believe that the hair is in the system with the root at the growth end and the tip at the top just as it grows naturally. I may be correlated on this but as I have always had Remy hair systems they have never had an entanglement or knotting together as I had experienced in the early system I had from ahs. I was buying my systems from Stuart at Captain Hair in Swindon but as you can read on these post he has let the company got to pot even though his systems are very good and the support was brilliant. I am not sure if the regulator will allow for me to give a contact number on here but his ex business partner has now taken a few clients and is running her own business away from all the bad exposure that has been given to Captain Hair and she is sourcing from the same that he was and the systems from some claims so far are still very good and she is brilliant in fitting. cutting and after care. Here is her contact details if you get them; Jo at;

(Link removed by moderator)

Good luck

Edited by TakingThePlunge

• 1 month later...

Wow I nearly fell for this in some desperate times nearly 3 years ago due to the advertisements in the UK papers about Shane Warne. Thank God I found Belgravia, sure I have paid well over the odds for 2 years for propecia and minoxidil (only just found this out now) but at least I'm delighted with the results.

It's criminal that a company that has 17 pages of negative talk (just in one thread on one forum) can continue to trade and seemingly rip so many people.

For the price this company charges you for these "hair systems", is it worth considering a transplant? It'd be cheaper in the long run, a lot less hassle and actually be your own hair?

I hope you all get your money back and find better solutions. This industry can be very brutal it seems.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for your replies guys.

I have taken root for me's advice and am waiting for a system to arrive after going to see Jo in Swindon. I am so excited because she went through everything with me so I have 100% confidence that it is going to be a huge improvement on my current one. Not only this but it is going to be a fraction of the price of the poor quality system I got from advanced hair studios.

I wish I had found Jo b4 I went to advanced. Would have saved me a lot of stress and a lot of money!

• 4 weeks later...

I was more than happy withmy 1st unit from this company, despite the ?4000 cost, as a woman with alopecia and wanting a unit that would never fall off and could treat as my own hair, when it developed a large bald patch on the parting i ordered a replacement I was asured would be almost identical to the 1st, what I recieved ( for ?5000 !) was an awfull, course, matted mess , i am in the process of filing a complant and demanding a replacement. I have had better wigs for under ?200. I cant even get a brush through this one , and was asked by the manager/salesman at the Glasgow clinic if I had used a different product on the wig which would invalidate the contract !

Jennifer I don't know what to say but that you are not the first and you certainly will not be the last to be treated like this by AHS.

They have an upsell process that makes the customer think that only AHS recommended products that can cost up to 400% more than you would pay otherwise are the only ones to use as they help to keep the unit longer lasting and looking more natural. Well I remember the day that they tried to sell me a conditioner that would have cost me ?35.00 if I purchased it from them which I knew was a rip off. I had a friend that owned a hair studio and I asked him if any conditioners that cost that much are any better, his reply, there are no conditioners on the market for that price where are you buying it from? Harrods? So then he went on to explain and I won't bore you with details but I use a conditioner by Tresseme, cost about ?3.50 and a spray in called Miracle Hair Insurance by Aussie about ?2.99 and I have been using these for about 7 years with absolutely no problems. Oh and about their so called contract, I cannot tell you how many complaints there are about that sore point on this and other forums where they will try to back out over anything, so all I can say is STOP paying these bandits and do a little research and go to the people that are in this business that actually care!

That sucks about what happened to you with that company. It's unfortunate that there is not one facet in the hair loss industry that is not rife with scams, false promises, and misrepresentation.

Good luck with your new piece.

I do have a question about the pic you posted - Is that the one from AMS? When they say "strand-by-strand" I always thought they meant thatyour natural hair was pulled through also. The lies that they get away with are awful. I wish you the best of luck in pushing back against these people.

-Robert

Yes the one in the photo is my 3 week old one after 30 minutes with GHds . but again the next day it was a tangled mass of rats tails and clumps of knots. The first one was soft and silky all the time , I have emailed them photos of the piece and demanded a new unit to replace it

Any client can contact Maeve Duhy - Client Relations Manager on: 02920 641 290: Or E-mail Maeve on: MAEVEDUHY@ADVANCEDHAIRSTUDIO.COM.

Maeve will forward all legitimate complaints onto the head office and try and resolve.

Thanks

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio (UK / Ireland)

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

I emailed Maeve Duhy the customer Services lady after speaking to her on the phone 2 weeks ago. I am very happy to report that Head Office at AHS has agreed to replace my substandard wig free of charge, I am going to Glasgow on Friday to provide Simon the manager there with a sample of my 1st AHS wig to be correctly colour matched to my first wig, and hopefully in 3 months will have the wig I expected and my confidence back.:)

Hello Andrew,

I am also a cutomer of AHS. But as its too expensive so looking for some cheaper options.

Can you send me the name/contact details of the supplier from where you got a cheaper hair system.

Thanks.

Bonna

Hi Bonna,

I have been looking for my boyfriend a hair unit. It is his first one that I am looking at. The unit is very thin and ventilated and made of lace. Its human hair. They have instock and provide custom orders for sizing and color. It has an invisible hairline with naturalistic scalp. I will be calling them tomorrow to schedule a phone consultation with them. The unit is $499. It looks 100% undetectable. If your interested you can message me.

Thanks

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and so the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Maeve Duhy our Client Relations Officer, 186 Lansdowne Road, Canton, Cardiff CF5 1JT or Phone: 02920 641 290 Fax: 02920 641 292, or Email:maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com. Mrs Duhy is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in UK and Ireland and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

MD1,

I can assure you that no publisher, moderator or employee of this website/community is behind any post or poster making statements about AHS. All employees of this community who post on this website or forum are easily identifiable. Furthermore, anyone employed, affiliated with or compensated by any clinic in any form are required to disclose this in their forum signature as per our terms of service.

Understand that our members are welcome and encouraged to share their genuine opinions and experiences as it relates to hair loss and hair restoration on this forum, good or bad. Do know however, that this community does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy of any message posted. That's why it states in our terms of service:

"Considering the real-time nature of our web sites, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or any entity associated with or sponsoring this community."

As to posts you are concerned about, I applaud you for responding on this forum in an attempt to satisfy any legitimate consumers' concerns. As to your claims that a competitor and/or ex employee may be behind some of these posts, if you have and can provide sufficient evidence to prove this, though we are not legally required to do so, in the interest of fairness, we are willing to investigate this and take appropriate action as necessary.

In the meantime, as always, you are welcome to continue to post replies to any posts you are concerned about in accordance with our terms of service. We find that the most effective way to counter negative posts is to join in the debate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello, I havent read all the way back through the stream, however is this just a location problem? I have been a customer of AHS (Manchester UK) for the last 8 years. I have had no problems with any advice or treatment offered. I also had some dealings with the London office. Granted I never opted for the strand by strand but I am fully aware of the system. also the representative I deal with at AHS used the strand by strand system for many years and it always looked pretty good to me. I will agree that the systems and treatment offered are pricey but the quality and service in my opinion are pretty good.

I am not here to argue by the way.

As I said in my previous post, I had my first AHS wig for over 2 years , which I loved untill it was cut way to short and was balding at the parting, and ordered a replacement which was nothing like the first when I got it. . I contacted Maeve Duhy at customer relations and after some correspondance have been offered another free of charge. i have had good relationships with Simon, Matthew and the hairdressers at the Glasgow Studio and look forward to the new wig which i expect to be what i paid for. As a woman a transplant is not really an option for me and I have seen a lot of complaints about AHS but I knew how much I was paying before I bought them and went about making my very valid complaint the correct way and within 14 days of emailing Maeve ( UK ) was offered a new wig . looking forward to posting photos of this when I get it. Anyone with serious complaints needs to contact their studio first, then Customer relations then research Sale of goods act in their country to file a complaint under the correct section , there are template letters available on Trading Standards websites.it is stressfull enough having hair loss ( especially for women ) but when the solutions are so expensive it adds to it !

As I said I have never really had cause to complain, hair loss is a sensitive issue, We all respond in different ways I used to hate having my haircut in the end my wife who was a hairdresser refused to do it because I complained so much. I guess this can make us pretty tough customers. I think you followed the correct path. I went into my treatment with only modest expectations and I was never given the hard sell, I was offered the strand by strand as an option if the laser failed at no extra cost I never took the option being happy with the results on laser. I can imagine that hair loss for a woman must be dreadful I am glad you seem to have it sorted.