Boycott

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys!

Aren't we missing the point here? What is the purpose of this forum? After being here for just over a week I have gained so much knowledge. I din even know that FUE existed! I am not for or against anyone but just think that this whole process has been blown out of proportion!

Whatever it is, Pat & N2G2B should talk & figure it out. Also, I have better things to worry about in life like my hair which does not want to stay on my head! Maybe most of the protesters have already had a HT & are pretty satisfied with the way they look but I bet majority on this forum are not! So, guys please stop this cold war & let Pat & N2G2B talk it out.

Also, the "veteran" posters should consider helping out us "newbies" rather than protesting for their right to speech. Neither the forum nor its members need any personal vendetta!

Anyways, guys, please calm down & look at the broader picture? ( Hair Transplantation) icon_smile.gif

I have not posted for some time, however I believe Pat to be honest and even handed. At one time I had a problem with posting and a possible ban however Pat was very fair in my situation and we resolved the problem. I want to thank all the posters new and old for all the help they gave me and will give to others. Let's put this behind us and get back to the business of helping people.

The expressing of opinions and any words exchanged aside.

I think one of the problems here is that a lot of folk have a genuine like for ng2gb. And as such are going to miss his posting.

The guy is a obvious character and i for one hope the fella does not spend 2 much time in exile.

I've been a supporter of this site for a long time now and have found that by and large we've had the ability to let bygones be bygones and realize what we're here for.........to help those suffering with hair loss.

As IH mentioned, and how true, isn't this site bigger than one poster?? C'mon guys...........I would agree with you if there was a pattern of systematically banning those who don't agree with Pat, Bill or other veteran members here, but that's simply not the case.

Have there been instances where if it was my site I may have approached a situation differently than Pat or Bill?? You bet! However, at the end of the day, I believe I'm pretty much on the same page with them as to the intent of the site and the value it provides.

NN and Nobuzz............guys, I've known/posted with you a long time and consider you friends......please, we've all done a world of good for many balding (and formerly balding) types and learned a great deal ourselves. Let's put this past us. It just isn't always going to work out the way we want it to but at the end of the day.....in the words of my brother Spex...."it's all good"...right???

If NG2GB has an issue with Pat, or Pat with him, let it rest there and let them work it out. It's Pat's site and really his call to make. As I mentioned, we may not agree with them all, but, more then once I've seen Pat hold HT surgeons accountable when I was thinking "well, let's give him another chance".............my point being Pat is completely about providing honest and unbiased information to those searching for their own benefit.

Please........let's put this behind us. I've known Pat to be a reasonable and fair person. If NG2GB, in this case, wants back on the board, he'll take the necessary steps to get back on. It sounds like it was more the manner in which he chose to communicate with Pat rather than what he said..........but I didnt' see the PM so who knows.

Okay..........that's my $.02! Before you take aim and fire at me or my post, remember, I'm a recovering bald guy too so have mercy! icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

just get over it. its quite simple, pat doesn't need us to keep his site up. i can tell u im not hear giving people bullshit advice and i know many arent, why let one asshole ruin everything? this forum does more good than bad.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Dear forum members,

One thing I find interesting is how a few members can say how "heavily moderated" this forum is yet, I'd like to ask you how long you think a "boycott" thread would last on another forum?

In the interest of free speech and non-censorship, allowing you to express your opinions and concerns, I have kept this thread open.

Feel free to express your opinion if you want to, but it's time for me to call people's bluffs about "boycotting".

Those who have every intention of leaving, please state your intention and I'll be happy to show you the door. Those who have a heart to help the balding men and women of this community looking for real solutions - let's work together toward this goal.

Bill

as with every organisation that we fined ourselfs involved with throughout our lives, be it work,school, social or religious, there will be rules, codes of conduct, regulations etc.

We all have the right to stay with the programme or to move to another format.

The pros and cons must be weighed up and we decide if the benifits of staying outweigh the the desire to be outside the norms of any group.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

pat could have just cut the guy off and not told the community it was done. yet he did, which shows integrity, imo. none of us know what was exchanged in the pms--it probably got real ugly. anyway, boycotting a forum over this is uneccessary.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Look at the big picture: this is the "Hair Restoration Forum." That's what the topics should cover, the members should discuss, and the inevitable goal should be.

NG2 was a loose cannon who did not contribute anything to the good of the order. Let him go, let it go, get lives!!

"beachair", since you seem so quick to judge not just NG2 but also veteran members of this forum, you should filter your words through this lens, and see how that relfects upon yourself: NG2 comforted more people in need; posed more salient questions; and brought more humor to an otherwise depressive people in a single hour than you have done in a year, and most likely more than you will do in the next two.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have not read every post on this thread, but would like to state my opinion. First of all I like NG2GB very much. I might not always agree with his posts but he is a good person.

Hair transplantation / Hairloss is a very serious subject. The emotions when losing ones hair are DEVESTATING not to mention those feelings associated with being butchered.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO CLAIM THEY ARE SUICIDAL for god's sake!!

Expressing ones opinion is one thing but making off handed comments (or jokes which also happend) is another

This does not mean we cannot express our opinion but it si important to be objective and repsectful.Accusations or comments can really cause damage to a good doc.

Common sense is something people need to demonstate. Put yourself in someone elses shoes , more specifically, the poster who is depressesed, obssessive compulsive, or miserable.. You see this on about 50% of the new posters. Also, look at docs who mean good and are slammed by a poster who might be a bit premature, or unrealstic in their comments or judgements.

I think Pat & Bill run a good Forum and you cannot please everyone. No doubt in my mind, they have been fair and just.. We have to be respectful and objective.. Opinions are one thing but making off handed commments are another. We need to back our comments with data, experience, or some type of evidence

Take time to think, "is this right"? while putting you personal feelings aside

For the record, I know NG2GB means well and cares about helping people. Sometimes I need to bite my tongue on subjects where I am a bit passionate about as well.

I am not paid in any way, shape, or form..

What I AM is someone who cares about those who are losing their hair.. It sucks and I want to help them feel better like I do

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

im with jobi.

ive just visited another site and ng2gb is on there posting umpteen photos of alba and having a laugh,so no need to worry about him filling time killing him self with newcy and fags...sorry cigs. icon_smile.gif

lets knock talk of boycotting this great site on the head,and try to get on with the job in hand which is to help people deal with the affliction of mpb.

good luck ng2.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Im also against a boycott because for one Im my own man and two Im here to help guys not tear down Pat. Hes got a good thing going for us for free and of course himself for profit.

Saying that I do understand why people might want to boycott since they feel like they should "heard" since they have devoted alot of free time to help patients dreams come true and Pats site to boom.

Should Pat do ALL this for free ,hell no I wouldnt.I hope the man is being showered with money. We all post for free out of the kindness of ourhearts ,but we cant always kiss ass. Im always hearing people say they will call a spade a spade, but it never happens .When the heat comes on they bow down like little servants.

That being said I recieved a long detailed email from NGTGB that was well typed .No smiley faces no Alba just a general hurt for what he feels as being blackballed. The man truly felt that this was his home .

If I posted his email you would see a very intelligent guy that is very sad that he was given the boot for his opinions.

When I put myself in Pats positon I can understand why he wouldnt want a guy to state his opinion on why he would only go to 3 doctors on here.

Pat has to not only sift through good and the bad but he also has to keep ALL the deserving doctors happy.

Besides helping all of us from being butchered Pat also has to make a living but balances our needs with his pretty damn good

If our posting helps keep people go to the deserving doctors on here and in return fills Pats heap up enough to where he can travel to Mexico and find that one doc who is worthy ,then its all worth it

As we all probably do there are posters who when I see their name I just skip right over because I know their true agenda. NGTGB agenda was to try to help people in two ways . Make them laugh and give good advice.

I do believe the coalition is the majority of the great docs out there ,but I would be curious how many people feels they are all on the same level. Would you be willing to write all their names down put them in a hat and choose whatever doctors name came out.

I believe EVERY coalition doctor should have to not only perform ultra fine surgery when Pat comes but post pictues evry month of their work ,whether its immediate postop or grown out.

That way when a person like NGTGB says I would only feel safe with H@W ,Shapiro,or Feller people direct them to a host of others producing the same superior results. Without that happening I can only go by what I see ,not by Pats feelings about the invisible doctors

NGTGB just wanted me to say goodbye to all of you ,even the guys the few that wanted him gone.

Lets get back to what this forum is all about and that is keeping people from the hacks and the hairmills .

I do believe the coalition is the majority of the great docs out there ,but I would be curious how many people feels they are all on the same level. Would you be willing to write all their names down put them in a hat and choose whatever doctors name came out.

No I wouldn't. I think the Coalition recommendation is a worthy collection and starting point for further research to decide where to go, however I wouldn't trust my surgery with just one sources opinion. That is why I give just as much weight, or more, to the patients feedback, photos, blog stories, personal contact with actual patients etc..

I commend this site for its strict standards in selecting a doctor for Coalition recommendation and actually hold them to it over time to retain this status, for the most part I would say one would be in good hands with any of them.

That said, however, each patient has individual needs/goals so a selection from a Coalition Doctor list would understandably be narrowed based on this personal criteria. Although all may be fine surgeons, only a few may be a better choice for your needs.

There is one doctor in the Coalition you couldn't pay me to go. From personal experience I find him unethical and untruthful and not to have the patients best interest as priority. Which makes me wonder about these aspects of other Coalition Doctors. Some things can not be found out until after the fact.

From my perspective, the Coalition is just a recommendation. The source of this recommendation ( hairlosslearningcenter.org ) is reputable and knowledgeable and can be trusted to provide accurate info, so the recommendation carries sufficient weight.

However, to me, a recommendation is just a starting point to begin further research and not to be taken as definitive advice.

[EDIT ADDED]

I have to add, so this post isn't taken the wrong way. I did use a Coalition doctor for my second surgery and am pleased with the results so far.

• Administrators

Rambler,

If you feel that one of the Coalition doctors is deficient, I encourage you to provide their name and your reasoning for why you think they are unethical and or deficient.

To not provide their name is not fair to the other Coalition members who are then left in question.

I take input from the patient community very seriously. If I find that I agree with you, this doctor would be out of the group in a click.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat,

You can refer to my first post on this forum. Unfortunately, although I tried, his was never resolved and due to the circumstances stated in that thread it is a dead end to discuss on the forum, neither do I want to really. After that thread I tried to come to a fair resolve with the doctor but received less than an honest and in my opinion ethical response.

• Administrators

Rambler,

Thank you for providing me with more details. According to your first post your issue stems from a surgery you had ten years ago with Dr. Andrews, who never has been a member of the Coalition or recommended on this site.

However, he was apparently working for NHI ten years ago, which is owned by Dr. Rassman who is a member of the Coalition. So I can understand why years later you went back to NHI to get your results corrected/improved.

Apparently, Dr. Rassman did offer to provide you with a limited amount of free grafts to enhance your existing hair transplants. However, you feel that you this response was not adequately honest or ethical.

I would be happy to contact Dr. Rassman to discuss this issue. Please send me an email with your contact info so that he can pull the proper files. I hope that I will be able to resolve this issue for you.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

I appreciate both the supportive comments and the constructive criticism of those who have posted their opinions on this issue, without advocating the disruption of this forum community.

However, a small handful of forum members have attempted to disrupt this forum community by lobbying others to boycott this community.

While these members have been free in the past to express their criticisms on this forum, they have now gone beyond criticism and have been actively using this forum to undermine it.

While tolerance of all view points and opinions has been characteristic of this forum over the years, I will not tolerate members using their forum privileges to disrupt it.

Just as we expect physicians to be accountable for their actions, it is fair to expect the same of forum members. I have removed the posting privileges of less than a handful of members who were actively working to undermine this community.

I believe that a discussion forum is much like a garden that needs to be cultivated, fertilized and occasionally weeded to stay healthy.

Thank you for understanding my need to take this action.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Apparently, Dr. Rassman did offer to provide you with a limited amount of free grafts to enhance your existing hair transplants. However, you feel that you this response was not adequately honest or ethical.
The offer of the free grafts is not what I find dishonest or unethical about Dr. Rassman. It is what occurred on the phone with him afterwards from which I derive this conclusion.

I will send you my contact info to see if you get better results.

The purpose of the forum is to provide objective advice for people losing their hair.

It is not to resolve issues of specific instances with doctors.

All of these issues should be taken offline.

My reasoning is this, how do you know who is right and who is wrong.. What is fair?

One crazy patient can damage a doctor because of unrealistic expectations..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!