Boycott

In light of Pats decision to ban NG2GB I feel posters should boycott for 2 weeks. Likely I will be considered a "poison" for my creation of this thread so if this happens look for me on other sites. Love ya all like brothers. Bill I feel for ya my friend. I know you are doing all you can and are a good guy.

Pat-You need to respect the help that your members provide to this community. I appreciate what you have done and do for all of us bald men/woman, but believe that you need to be gratious for what we also do. If you choose to also ban me, keep in mind you will likely piss off other members, Bspot, Janna, and Dr. Ron Shapiro. I am sure that he would love to see me follow thru with posts of my results.

I chose to post this thread in hopes that others will follow and see if it does have an effect on the hits to this site. Possibly then you will truly understand what exactly the value of the membership is worth to you.

"I certainly hope that he follows through with his promise. In my opinion, this community does not need ignorant and illiterate fools like him - yet they show up and post"

P.S.--Unkind shot at Jupiter.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat since you chose to lock the thread on NG and give us an education, let me give you one.

You have made a bad decision this one and I am not buying your reasoning.

I have told Bill this and will tell you as well that your site will eventually end up with just Newbies, Mods, Paid Posters and Doctors posts. Veteran patient posters not needed. That means newbies will have to trust info from ONLY those who have a financial interest in their future HT's.

Don't you want patients to get info from all sides and make their own decision? What about that dont you get??

Your last post on NG did not FULLY explain exactly why you banned him and frankly sounded like you were speaking to us like we are children. Maybe you've been hanging around Doctors too long, some of their arrogance is rubbing off on you.

Bill, nothing personal with you, I like what this forum used to be, FUN and INFORMATIVE. Too bad it will eventually become a borefest, you are in a tough spot.

Anyone who wants to pm me before I leave the site, please do so we can stay in touch via email/cell.

NoBuzz

Im already bored. Pat that was a extremely lame excuse.

Its hard to get mad at you because Im happy that I found this site as I almost went to another hack, but even the evil dictator

FARRELL gives warnings and lets people vent.

Bill theres absolutly no ill feelings towards you even though at the same time this was happening, you and NG were having a small dispute I hope you had nothing to do with this.

You seem like an easy going guy so I would be shocked if you were behind this. Especially knowing how you stood behind Jimmyjam.

Pat what wrong with a class clown?

If this is only because NG said only a few coaliton doctors are worth going to . Well its his opinion and its his money. If he feels H@W is the only place worth his money then so be it.

Big deal . I feel theres only 3 or 4 coalition doctors worth my money Shapiro being number 1. Am I wrong for that? According to you ,yes. Your a smart guy so I got to believe theres more to this then an opinion.

If you were to give NG a warning and he failed to abide by your request then no big deal see ya. Now we all have to walk on eggshells . I use to wake up in the morning make some coffee and couldnt wait to log in .Its already a buzzkill.

This is a free world and the members of this community are entitled to do what they want.

But I personally find it sad that members will base the integrity of this community on the suspension of ONE member's posting privileges.

Though I've stated privately and publicly that this was not my decision, I completely understand Pat's reasoning behind it.

As a community, we work hard to help balding men and women worldwide find the best solutions for them.

Educated members that choose to leave over something trivial will do them a great disservice.

But frankly, those who no longer enjoy or support this community based one one trivial event - then perhaps this is no longer the place for you.

Regards,

Bill

Pat,

I have deleted my photo albums which detail my experiences with Doctor Vogel.

I allowed him to link it off his website out of help to this community - I am not compensated by him in any way. You will have to let him know why the photos are gone and that he will have to remove the link off his website.

I would consider reposting my story which if you and NG come to an agreement.

I have my doubts about that but maybe you will see the impact of your heavy-handed approach.

I am sure many other veteran posters will consider doing the same.

NoBuzz

I completely understand Pat's reasoning behind it.

What exactly is the reasoning for this?

It would be nice since you agree with him to hear your side. I dont think a year ago you would have . Im here to try and help people not get screwed and thats it. Its just half the time when I come on the same post are at the top of the board.

Ng though a little wacky made in worth coming on more then once a day.

Does that even matter to you?

Ever hear of second chances

Maybe we should move this over to the new "Psychology and Depression of Hair Loss" forum category... icon_razz.gif

J/K, this too, will pass.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

PGP,

Are you going to twist my words?

Firstly, I never said I wouldn't miss anyone if they go - why do you think I just sent YOU a private message and still working on a few others and offered for you to call me to discuss?

But I do think that if members decide leave over one member's suspension, that it's hasty and ridiculous.

This community is much bigger than it's Publishers (Pat and myself). Leaving would be a great disservice to the balding men and women who frequent this forum - but the decision is yours.

I also said that I understand Pat's reasons to suspend Notgoing2gobald, this is not the same as 100% agreement. So don't ask me to justify a decision that I was not a part of. But I do know that Pat is working to preserve the overall good of this community, even if you don't understand his reasons.

Bill

I'm not one for getting into an argument about banning one poster or another.

I joined this forum for one reason and only one reason, to learn about getting the best HT i could get and for the support of members before, during and after my HT.Thats what i got.

I have no opinion on the banning of a poster, i neither find him witty or not.

I like others read the posts and very quickly make a decision as to weathera posters advice is worth taking or ignoring.

My only reason for posting now is that i would hate to see any excellent posters leave the site and deprive us all of solid info and advice.

I didn't join up because of any one poster and would not leave because the banning of any one poster.

The site has to be bigger then any one poster.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

The site has to be bigger then any one poster

I wholeheartedly agree.

This is an educational and supporting resource for balding men and women worldwide to help them find real solutions and the best physician possible.

I know that people tend to see me as the "moderator" now, but people forget that I am a fellow baldie and hair transplant patient first and foremost. When I joined this site almost 4 years ago now, I was here to learn and help educate those who NEEDED HELP - not for the entertainment of any one particular member. I am still here for the same purpose, even though I am now the Associate Publisher.

It's terrific when we build bonds with people, I have built many myself. But even in the real world, sometimes those bonds are broken and we have to learn to let people go. Perhaps notgoing2gobald will find another forum and people can reconnect and enjoy his silly humor there.

Heck, I have seen many people that I connected with here come and go over the years on their own free merit. One particular member was even banned (many years ago), we stayed in touch for awhile privately but we lost touch. But I got over it because it had NOTHING to do with MY involvement with this community as a patient member and my helping the many balding men and women that continue to come to this site on a regular basis.

Do you really want to leave based on the suspension of one forum member? If so, I'll miss you. But don't make the mistake of thinking that this community will be shut down because a few people decide to take Pat's decision personally and leave.

Pat and I continue to reserve the right to remove anyone we think is spreading poor information and showing contempt for this community. This is done rarely, but suspensions happen on every forum.

Regards,

Bill

Bill thanks for all the kind pms but I already told you Im not going and I dont think the others deep down inside want to leave either.

I just think people dont want the same things to happen to them. Banned for an opinion.

Was it detrimental to the site, well a little but it wasnt a blatant disrespect to the community. A little overboard but we all have our

favs as Pat does since he went to the same clinic 3 or 4 times.

It would have been ok with me it there was a small breakdown of what he did but there wasnt so people minds were wandering thinking of every scenerio possible.

Pat doesnt have to explain crap but it would have been nice. I know he gave a small reason but I believe the pms is what did it and those need to stay private.

Yes the show will go on here because people are balding everyday but it would be nice if everyone stays.

PGP,

Notgoing2gobald was not banned for an opinion, and there is no reason to think you or others will be either. If that's what this post is really about, then breathe easy and let it rest.

Keep in mind that if Pat wanted to ban him for strictly his public opinion, he wouldn't have bothered to send him a private message to discuss his concerns. But clearly his responses to Pat gave him a reason to suspend him as he felt notgoing2gobald showed contempt not only for him, but what this community is trying to accomplish.

Dabuski,

just lately you can cut the atmosphere with a knife in here.

Shame really.

I agree icon_frown.gif

Bill

icon_confused.gif

So NG2 is banned for spreading terrible information, insulting the site, and harming it....from his *public* postings....looking at his "body of work", it is clear that he finds this community to be superior. **You would be hard pressed to find a newb that he talked with and advised who would say he hurt him, and you yourself would be hard pressed to say he hurt him, as well; while NG2 could easily rattle off numerous people who he has given tremendous support to, some of whom have already said as much.**

Does this all not count for something? To say nothing of the countless hours he has spent humoring AND giving support AND asking and answering pointed questions....? Sure, he says things which some disagree with, -- e.g., digging in to Dr. Epstein's techs over their partying the night before....thinking there are big differences between doctors within the Coalition...But matters like this are just so harmless, and even if they are patently false, at the very least they are topics which warrant at least some discussion over.

I'll say it again, but in spite of his very narrow view of which doctors he would go to, when he dispenses advice to people looking into doctors, I don't recall him ever badgering someone on their decision, or even belaboring out of the blue the doctors that he personally likes. Much like *most* posters, included some who are paid, he normally simply says to look in the direction of X, X, and X....And he is never malicious.

I would hate to leave this site, and it would be difficult for me to just "quit"; but if NG2's death meens the exit of *other* veteran posters, as well.....well, the forum will indeed have taken a mighty blow.

Truly, I hope that NG2's expulsion, particularly in light of its ripple effects, is being made with clear, cogent, and objective intent. And I will repeat once again, whatever he said in Private Messages was truly shaped by him initially feeling -- correct or not --condescended to and belittled.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I agree that we dont know all the facts:

Was Pat respectful in calling him a poison?

My guess was these two were disrespectful to each other in their pm's. I doubt it was just a one way street.

I am sad hey could not come to an agreement and it seems Pat has dug in. NG, crazy posts and all had his heart in the right place and was helpful to newbies, he did his research. Even though he never had a HT, he educated himself on his forum and probably others like it.

My big point is the disrespect shown towards veteraan posters who are non-paid and put in hours to contribute to the site, that is all.

This is/was a patient based forum, shouldn't a perspective patient here from all sides before choosing the right surgeon for them? If they are to rely soley on advice from paid posters, mods or newbies are they really getting all the unbiased info?? JMO

That is the big picture for me here, not just about one poster.

One reason I took down my album is to also show that I am unbiased and unpaid, I am on the patients side always.

I hope Bill and Pat understand this.

NoBuzz

thanatopsis_awry,

You said in another thread:

You clearly don't understand that NG2's expulsion is indicative of a much larger issue to many...

Yet, your last post was entirely about notgoing2gobald.

We are all going to have different opinions on the matter and doubtfully will convince each other to agree on one.

Therefore, I see no reason to continue to debate about whether or not everyone agrees or disagrees with his suspension.

What I do find relevant however, is whether or not YOU the patient members will decide to base your entire and continued involvement in this community based on ONE member's suspension. This is a decision that YOU have to make.

Cheers,

Bill

nobuzzz,

I think you are confusing quantity with quality. And what exactly do you call a "veteran poster"?

Notgoing2gobald's time here was limited though clearly he did spend a number of hours on the forum. But if you look at the majority of posts, they are filled with nonsense rather than helpful information. Does this make him a veteran?

Personally, I liked the fellow. I think he added an interesting twist on humor however, I had mixed emotions about him from the beginning. This has led private messages where I had to address him on what most people would find logical like not making statements that could offend our female members and guests, a few racial remarks that could easily be found offensive, and staying on topic when he often insisted on taking threads on a nonsensical bunny trail - making it more difficult for our members and guests to find the information they are looking for.

I don't see anywhere that Pat disrespected the "veteran" members of this community - so perhaps you could enlighten me. Pat did lash back out at "Jupiter" a newer member who used foul language instead of indulging in a logical debate - but other than that, I see an explanation for his actions, whether or not you agree.

I personally find the fact that you are punishing the online patient community by taking down your photo album because you disagree with Pat upsetting. How that shows you are unbiased, I have no idea. You are hurting the patients more than Pat.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

In the other thread I was just answering the poster's disbelief in why so many people where being so vocal; which is because many simply like NG2 and feel he is an asset, but also, as some have stated in this thread and the others, they feel it is about a larger issue as well surrounding people being able to express their opinions.

Personally, I really don't really feel threatened about my speach and posting on the forum; I believe that NG2's expulsion was principally based off of heated words between he and Pat in private correspondence, and that as zany as NG2 was in the open forums, he is not getting the "death penalty" over those postings, specifically.

I'm sympathetic with those who feel NG2's exit is a symptom of a much larger problem -- I myself haven't thought that through enough, but I see how they could be concerned, and it is certaintly something has crossed my mind as well. Listening to some veteran posters, this is clearly a concern of theirs, and is definitely why there has been such an uproar. It hasn't just been about NG2 and NG2 alone for some.

I agree though that there is no reason to continue this debate, and each member will have to make a decision as to whether NG2's suspension is worth leaving, based off of this judgement.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

To be honest, I spend waaaay too much time on here anyway, and I usually skipped over NGTGB's posts for the most part.

Now, if I was home and nobody was there and I was killing time, I'd read the shorter ones. But, you know I like humor and all but I'd think some of us are (or should be, self included,) too busy making a living, raising our kids, living our lives to read a bunch of gobble de gook humor on a hairloss forum.

My wife thinks I'm an idiot anyway, she'd freak out if she knew I spent time reading that sort of stuff.

I do like to share what I've learned with newbies, but for their sake not the forum's sake.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week