Ht assistants

Julius

Hi Julius.

hairthere is right, generally speaking top doctors have top staff...it goes hand in hand.

However, on SMG's new website, we will have a page with photos of all our techs and their years of experience (I just saw the pre-launch site Monday) so people can get to know our staff a little bit before they plop down in the chair.

It's coming!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Severn....the idea is not mine however, I think Dr. Ron and Janna deserve the credit for that.

Either way, these mostly unknown people are hard working and dedicated to producing results day after day...they deserve some recognition in my opinion.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Yes...the site is near completion. It will be a source of education in many areas.

I got to see the 99.9% finished product and it looks great.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Julius,

You've hit on a very important point - technicians are seldom recognized for the hard work they do every day. Frankly, a quality physician is only as good as his/her technicians.

However, as hairthere indicated, the surgeon is ultimately responsible for not only their own skill and technique, but the staff they hire and train. If even one technician is out of sync, a patient's results will suffer and inevitably and will rightfully fall back on the physician.

A physician must be responsible at all times for what goes on under his/her supervision, which includes properly training and managing staff. That's why at the Hair Transplant Network, it's the quality surgeons who are prescreened and approved for recommendation. However, part of the prescreening process involves learning about each of the physician's technicians, their skill, and their experience.

Kudos to first-rate physicians and their hard working technicians that help restore not only our hair, but our lives.

Best wishes,

Bill

You've hit on a very important point - technicians are seldom recognized for the hard work they do every day. Frankly, a quality physician is only as good as his/her technicians.

I have always believed this to be true. I have worked with many different doctors and assistants over the years and seen some scary stuff!!! I take great pride in my work and believe that my name is just as much on a pt's head as the doctors I have worked for. Thank you for the recognition! icon_biggrin.gif

----

I am Dr. Ross's Head Nurse and over 14 years transplant experience.

Dr. Ross is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yes, I did not mean to minimize the importance of a doc's staff. it is just as important as the doctor's skills that he have a top staff of techs. but honestly, i had 7 people working on me at once, and i was pretty much in my own world--in other words, i couldn't pick a single tech out in a line-up if my life depended on it. i trusted that dr. feller is a meticulous enough surgeon that he would hire only the best techs...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Luv2plug,

If you look anything like your little picture icon; AND you can place you have replaced that flight attendant on the Delta inflight safety video(deltalina) as my dream girl.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hah, I actually have often thought that there's a certain allure to a HT tech. Back in my youth I think I even had a dream where I married Janna... icon_redface.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

But ya, I think SMG's idea to include an informative and thus appreciative bio on their techs is a really good idea all-around, truly.

I know some wonderful, competitvely priced developers quite well so if anyone wants to start doing some HT website rennovations and catch up to SMG lemme know... icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I agree that the technicians are crutial in all hair transplantation procedures. I also think it is a great idea to let patients see what kind of staff the doctor has. As I am also in the process of updating the websites, now would probably be a good time to consider adding some more information about my staff members that I am very proud of.

Too funny, Thana!

Let's work on one step at a time - get the damn site up before anyone feels the need to "catch up".

Ya, "catch up" may have been a bit premature, but Janna, as my wife, you surely must know I can be one to jump the gun on things. icon_redface.gificon_mad.gificon_redface.gif

It really is a cool idea to put up information on the technicians, though.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Janna,

While I am on the mend I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, Matt, Dr. Ron and the entire staff of techs for my truly wonderful HT experience with SMG this past Monday October 26.

There was never a moment that I did not feel completely relaxed and confident with the level of competency and professionalism of everyone involved.

I also find it extremely noteworthy, especially for those considering a HT, that I was particularly impressed by everyones, including Dr. Ron's, patience! Patience is truly a virtue and in my opinion that patience made my experience with SMG a grandslam!

A HT is, without saying, extremely tedious work but you guys made it look easy because it was obvious that everyone genuinly cared not only about the patient in the chair, but also the patients results.

As a fellow professional, I must say that I have a world of respect for Dr. Ron because of the truly wonderful, appreciative and 'down to earth' relationship that he has with every member of his staff. To me, the relationship that a doctor has with his staff has an unquestionable impact and impression on every patient. Dr. Ron = A world class 'down to earth' surgeon!

it doesn't get any better than that folks!

Prezident

Thanks so much for the kind words...much appreciated by all of us.

"Down to earth" and "patience of a saint" are few terms I hear all the time in reference to Dr. Ron. I know Doc has a way with patients that's unparallel. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. Your pics and surgery details are on their way today. The most difficult aspect of HT is upon you again - the long wait. Best wishes to you.