surgery at FUEXPERT with Dr. Couto (Restoration from previous surgery + temple work). 1500ufs. Repair from surgery at HLC Ankara (3157ufs).

12 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Hey, I think you are based in Spain, you should have went to Couto from the very beginning instead of going to HLC in Türkiye 2 years ago.

I don’t understand why you decided to go to Turkey when you had a local elite doctor in your own country despite the fact you have been researching on this forum for many years.  

To be brutally honest your first transplant was indeed a failure, there was an obvious lack of density. HLC are a trash clinic, lots of patients have the same problem as you with lacking density. There aren’t any good clinics in Turkey period. Even Pekiner is questionable and is not considered “elite” by any means. 

You should have went to Couto 2 years ago with first transplant that way you wouldn’t need a repair.

Heey

yes I know HLC's transplant was a failure. I regreted many times going there. it was not a dissaster, just a dissapointment.

Although I am from Spain by that time I was living in Finland. Thats why I chose HLC. Also because I thought that they were good quality.

I wouldnt recommend HLC or Pekiner or any clinic in Turkey for spanish citizens, but I know that just now.

4 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Heey

yes I know HLC's transplant was a failure. I regreted many times going there. it was not a dissaster, just a dissapointment.

Although I am from Spain by that time I was living in Finland. Thats why I chose HLC. Also because I thought that they were good quality.

I wouldnt recommend HLC or Pekiner or any clinic in Turkey for spanish citizens, but I know that just now.

Which HLC doctor did your first surgery? Pekiner?

• Administrators

It honestly didn’t look bad before, this procedure is very aggressive, excited to follow your progress.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:22 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

It honestly didn’t look bad before, this procedure is very aggressive, excited to follow your progress.

Way too aggressive! Dr Couto's skill in hairlines and temples is phenomenal and second to none! The only problem is people get older and they age. So what looks appropriate for a guy in his mid-twenties may not look right for a guy above the age of 50+. Imagine having wrinkles on your face with saggy facial skin with a teenager's hairline?! It just doesn't look right. That's why the majority of top doctors refuse to go aggressive with the hairline and temples. JT on the Bald truth said as he got older his own expectations for himself and his hair changed over time. In his twenties and thirties he was fanatical about it but now that he's in his fifties he is not that concerned about his hairline. 

18 minutes ago, KSA91 said:

Way too aggressive! Dr Couto's skill in hairlines and temples is phenomenal and second to none! The only problem is people get older and they age. So what looks appropriate for a guy in his mid-twenties may not look right for a guy above the age of 50+. Imagine having wrinkles on your face with saggy facial skin with a teenager's hairline?! It just doesn't look right. That's why the majority of top doctors refuse to go aggressive with the hairline and temples. JT on the Bald truth said as he got older his own expectations for himself and his hair changed over time. In his twenties and thirties he was fanatical about it but now that he's in his fifties he is not that concerned about his hairline. 

F*** it want to have an agressive hairline when Im a grandaddy hahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

F*** it want to have an agressive hairline when Im a grandaddy hahah

You have a big forehead, honestly i dont think this hairline is too agressive taking into account the characteristics of your face.

15 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

In my opinion the design looks phenomenal, the only concern I would have is what future balding entails.

After 2 fue procedures with almost 5000 grafts for the future i think the only option is to proceed with an fut if he ever need another surgery.

40 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You have a big forehead, honestly i dont think this hairline is too agressive taking into account the characteristics of your face.

well is not small I agree. But also my head is big. I think making the hairline lower would be too much. I would look like this mexican guys that have proceding and low hairlines which imo is not that beautiful.

On 10/23/2023 at 1:44 PM, coffeeandpie said:

Thanks @EvansLawrence 

what brand aloe vera gel are you using? Also never heard of rose hip, is it a oral or topical?

The las pic looks really good btw, very natural and dense. 

doesnt matter the brand as long as u buy it alcohool free and 100% aloe

Rose hip is the translation gave me automatically haha. in spanish is "rosa mosqueta" and it is an oil.

• 2 weeks later...

30 days

Im getting my second PRP session next tuesday.

So far all good. I have been super careful with my head and followed all the steps. I think Im out of danger now hehe.

Shock loss has started and i think it will go further in the next weeks. Im ready for it, not even wearing hats so far.

20231104_105222.jpg

20231104_105248.jpg

On 10/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, EvansLawrence said:

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

We had this discussion in the previous thread but in here the pics are even better.

This is not a repair, independent what Couto writes on his OR report (This can easily be politics). Your hair in the pre-op pics (2nd surgery from Couto above) look great. I understand the demand for perfection (more density, temple work), as I have this itch myself. But calling the first result a disappointment is not right and gives wrong expectations for newbies.

Nevertheless: The new hairline design looks very good (but also very aggressive) and I am sure it will come out great. But you have now used almost 5000 FU while being 30 (?) years. It is a risky path as most people continue to lose even when on FIN. 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

We had this discussion in the previous thread but in here the pics are even better.

This is not a repair, independent what Couto writes on his OR report (This can easily be politics). Your hair in the pre-op pics (2nd surgery from Couto above) look great. I understand the demand for perfection (more density, temple work), as I have this itch myself. But calling the first result a disappointment is not right and gives wrong expectations for newbies.

Nevertheless: The new hairline design looks very good (but also very aggressive) and I am sure it will come out great. But you have now used almost 5000 FU while being 30 (?) years. It is a risky path as most people continue to lose even when on FIN. 

With shaved head he has bald patches especially on the right temple, middle and behind the hairline, the donor area doesnt look in best shape either. After almost 3200 grafts and with this type of hair i would not be happy either.

Couto could have give him the same result or even better with only 2000 grafts.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

All right then you will decide wether or not is a dissapointment a surgery done on me, paid by me and with my donnor capital. Not myself. You are right. Couto and myself wrong.

I already said a few times I admit it is not a dissaster, but who cares. You can have the say on it now if u want 💜.

Yes almost 5000 ufs at 30. How many would Couto have needed for my current design if He had taken my initial situation before my surgery at HLC? 3000? 

Next week I see him for a PRP. I will bring him the pics and lets see how many he would have estimated. I will bring here the answer delivered by himself.

But ofc dont dare to say it is a dissapointment if I could have saved 2k grafts, after all the donnor has no limits.

Edited by EvansLawrence
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jjalay said:

With shaved head he has bald patches especially on the right temple, middle and behind the hairline, the donor area doesnt look in best shape either. After almost 3200 grafts and with this type of hair i would not be happy either.

Couto could have give him the same result or even better with only 2000 grafts.

No man. Let him decide what something as personal as a dissapointment is. Doesnt matter if its about someone else's life 😂😂

Edited by EvansLawrence

2 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

No man. Let him decide what something as personal as a dissapointment is. Doesnt matter if its about someone else's life 😂😂

Disappointment or Not with a  surgery and your choices are up to you and yours alone. 

Failure, however is objective and just cause someone is disappointed with a procedure does not automatically equals failure. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I dont think its a repair procedure at all either. I actually find great the result from HLC to be honest with natural angles and good density. If i was in his case, i wouldnt do a second procedure because i dont think its needed. But anyone can do whaterver he wants.

IMG_7397.JPG.3cc4b63a56765b5c6b529ea9ae89acfc.JPG

Edited by BaldGuy

On 11/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, BaldGuy said:

I dont think its a repair procedure at all either. I actually find great the result from HLC to be honest with natural angles and good density. If i was in his case, i wouldnt do a second procedure because i dont think its needed. But anyone can do whaterver he wants.

IMG_7397.JPG.3cc4b63a56765b5c6b529ea9ae89acfc.JPG

Well that angle is good, the front, if you see the next pics u see the lack of density and the patches. If you check my inmediate post operatory pics you see Couto put new grafts in all the area where my previous surgery was. Not as a touch up in specific places, but all around and inside the area. you only need to check my wet scalp from the top to see. And my shaved head pre-op reveals it very well.

I repeat I know it was not a dissaster. I know dissasters in hair surgery where you clearly see the guy was better before the surgery, and I was better after my surgery at HLC, yes. Just not great as I thought I would be. And 3157 grafts for the small area they covered, plus not great survival... well, that is definitely a dissapointment.

Edited by EvansLawrence

26 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

Well that angle is good, the front, if you see the next pics u see the lack of density and the patches. If you check my inmediate post operatory pics you see Couto put new grafts in all the area where my previous surgery was. Not as a touch up in specific places, but all around and inside the area. you only need to check my wet scalp from the top to see. And my shaved head pre-op reveals it very well.

Saying that I respeat for the 283762th time that I know it was not a dissaster  I know dissasters in hair surgery where you clearly see the guy was better before the surgery, and I was better after my suegery at HLC yes. Just not great as I thought I would be. And 3157 grafts for the small area they covered, plus not great survival... well, that is definitely a dissapointment.

I dont see any lack of density and pathces. Your result with HLC was great, and most results we see here on this forum are NOT better than the result you got. But the patiens had realistic expectations, so there was not any problem.
I do think that you have unrealistic expectations and you think you will achieve native density with one procedure. Anyway thats my opionion, we dont have to agree.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs-down 2

6 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

I dont see any lack of density and pathces. Your result with HLC was great, and most results we see here on this forum are NOT better than the result you got. But the patiens had realistic expectations, so there was not any problem.
I do think that you have unrealistic expectations and you think you will achieve native density with one procedure. Anyway thats my opionion, we dont have to agree.

nah not really. 

Once I shared my case in a friends youtube channel HLC started to harrass me and my friend since they were unhappy with me showing the results. Plus they deleted a review I put on google in their page with pics. Mine was not one of the cases they share on youtube nor on social network., where they reach great density and even native density or better. Not at all.

I recommend you to check again my pics.