surgery at FUEXPERT with Dr. Couto (Restoration from previous surgery + temple work). 1500ufs. Repair from surgery at HLC Ankara (3157ufs).

On 11/5/2023 at 1:36 PM, Haris said:

Can you share in which medications you’re on currently ?

oral minoxidil (minoxidil for 12 years, oral for 2)

finasteride 1,25g/day for 2 years

ketoconazol shampoo but now stopped until Couto tells me to restart.

• Like 1

Can I ask how long you had to wait until you got your appointment for the surgery with Couto? And perhaps I missed it, but when was your surgery at HLC again? I’m a repair case with previously botched surgeries. I reached out to HLC and their response was that my Donor wouldn’t serve sufficient grafts so they would’ve to tap my beard. Since I don’t have many shots left I am trying to get as many opinions as possible before I make a move. From what I see Bruno Ferreira is also good one. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get a consultation with him, let a lone an appointment for a surgery. Others such as Bisanga (or rather his agent) dismissed my case as not being suitable for further surgeries which I found strange. 

2 hours ago, DY80 said:

Can I ask how long you had to wait until you got your appointment for the surgery with Couto? And perhaps I missed it, but when was your surgery at HLC again? I’m a repair case with previously botched surgeries. I reached out to HLC and their response was that my Donor wouldn’t serve sufficient grafts so they would’ve to tap my beard. Since I don’t have many shots left I am trying to get as many opinions as possible before I make a move. From what I see Bruno Ferreira is also good one. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to get a consultation with him, let a lone an appointment for a surgery. Others such as Bisanga (or rather his agent) dismissed my case as not being suitable for further surgeries which I found strange. 

If you have just a few donnor reserves I would definitely recommend you Couto. He gets with 3k what others do with 4,5k grafts. I dont get how he does it but the cases are just there. In my case I called on January 2021 once they opened lines and I got first appointment on october 2022, surgery on october 2023. The reason for the waiting this much is because back then the woman that managed the appintments was out, they told me I would receive the pdf budget on my mail soon but apparently they put bad my email so I had to write them about 3 weeks later saying I still didnt receive anything. They apologyzed and gave me for october instead of june, which would have been my estimated date. Personaly I didnt have a problem with that because I also wanted to enjoy my summer at the beach so it was ok for me.

I recommend you to call (not email) on January 2nd until they answer and you get answer and then book appointment. You can say you are available if any cancelation comes up, and they will take that in count although you won't be the only one.

Definitely I dont recomend hlc for 2 reasons: one is my personal experience and other is that I see they take too many grafts. There are cases of nw1 or nw2 where I have seen them taking 2,5k grafts and by looking Couto's cases i would estimate Couto would have need half of it. And your donnor is running out so definitely something to consider.

Other options could be Bruno Pinto in Portugal and Zira clinic or Cotellessa &  Awada clinic in Valencia. But personaly I would wait longer and save more cash for Couto without a doubt.

Edited by EvansLawrence

18 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

If you have just a few donnor reserves I would definitely recommend you Couto. He gets with 3k what others do with 4,5k grafts. I dont get how he does it but the cases are just there. In my case I called on January 2021 once they opened lines and I got first appointment on october 2022, surgery on october 2023. The reason for the waiting this much is because back then the woman that managed the appintments was out, they told me I would receive the pdf budget on my mail soon but apparently they put bad my email so I had to write them about 3 weeks later saying I still didnt receive anything. They apologyzed and gave me for october instead of june, which would have been my estimated date. Personaly I didnt have a problem with that because I also wanted to enjoy my summer at the beach so it was ok for me.

I recommend you to call (not email) on January 2nd until they answer and you get answer and then book appointment. You can say you are available if any cancelation comes up, and they will take that in count although you won't be the only one.

Definitely I dont recomend hlc for 2 reasons: one is my personal experience and other is that I see they take too many grafts. There are cases of nw1 or nw2 where I have seen them taking 2,5k grafts and by looking Couto's cases i would estimate Couto would have need half of it. And your donnor is running out so definitely something to consider.

Other options could be Bruno Pinto in Portugal and Zira clinic or Cotellessa &  Awada clinic in Valencia. But personaly I would wait longer and save more cash for Couto without a doubt.

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Much appreciated. In the meantime I read other postings about HLC. There is one dude in this forum who just recently went there. He got screwed over entirely. Took out 6k grafts and it looks awful. You gut lucky I think when you did your previous one there. It could’ve been much worse. 

I will definitely consider what you said and get in contact with those names. I will also contact Feriduni. I saw pretty impressive repair work from him. 

7 minutes ago, DY80 said:

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Much appreciated. In the meantime I read other postings about HLC. There is one dude in this forum who just recently went there. He got screwed over entirely. Took out 6k grafts and it looks awful. You gut lucky I think when you did your previous one there. It could’ve been much worse. 

I will definitely consider what you said and get in contact with those names. I will also contact Feriduni. I saw pretty impressive repair work from him. 

Ok! could you give me the link of that case you describe of HLC?

I dont know this Feriduni dr you mention but its all about choosing the one that gives you more confidence considering all your personal interests, so if Feriduni is, go for it. Would definitely recommend you to check as much cases of him as you can. Specialy the ones on forums.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Ok! could you give me the link of that case you describe of HLC?

I dont know this Feriduni dr you mention but its all about choosing the one that gives you more confidence considering all your personal interests, so if Feriduni is, go for it. Would definitely recommend you to check as much cases of him as you can. Specialy the ones on forums.

Good luck!

Sure, check this out. His story sounds like a horror movie. Poor guy. 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:46 AM, mxnprettynice said:

@Calihome1 I hadn't realized the graft count was only 1500, it seemed denser. I had a transplant with Dr. Turan and received 2400 grafts for a smaller area. In Turkey they typically aim for high density though.

some thing for me.
I got an HT at HLC, smaller area for 2000 FU.

• Like 1

I think you might get the Golden Greed Award. 🤢 Your result from HLC was a 10/10 and is one most people on this forum would envy, myself included:

image.png.dbe8372313a752809edaac126fc31e23.png

Just smooth af. And I know you know that I'm not one of cheer squad posters, this was legitimately amazing. If there wasn't a financial ulterior motive to your earlier complaints, I wonder if you have a bit of hair dysmorphia.

But no matter, we're here now. Based on how well you grew with that prior you should be golden once again this time around. The temples he gave me I would pray at.  ☺️ 

But no more hair surgeries for another 15 years. Save donor for your mid scalp and crown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, consequence said:

I think you might get the Golden Greed Award. 🤢 Your result from HLC was a 10/10 and is one most people on this forum would envy, myself included:

Just smooth af. And I know you know that I'm not one of cheer squad posters, this was legitimately amazing. If there wasn't a financial ulterior motive to your earlier complaints, I wonder if you have a bit of hair dysmorphia.

But no matter, we're here now. Based on how well you grew with that prior you should be golden once again this time around. The temples he gave me I would pray at.  ☺️ 

But no more hair surgeries for another 15 years. Save donor for your mid scalp and crown.

Well thankfuly it is up to me wether if I am dissapointed or if I need a repair or not.

for me since this was my previous situation before HLC:1318991910_20210208_1604552.thumb.jpg.7872d176c85b38331c3928db155b735e.jpg.83fac31f5a55e861bacf9011ea5c0c58.jpg

this small area what they covered with the big amount of 3157 grafts:20210214_235321.thumb.jpg.3f43f14deaa7814abb937eff37cae358.jpg.4c1ab1011b2ae9dd282c7446ffa72f1a.jpg

and this the real result:

IMG_7406.thumb.JPG.acf9315fa4fd9f952ffca3f5f29913f7.jpeg.7a75b44b3be25bad0a8e76d25da8fb41.jpeg

maybe I have hair dismorphia for not feeling like I had an elite procedure.

Im sure many people would be happy with my previous situation, just as many here would have been more than happy with my before HLC situation.

I wonder why HLC would have censored the review I dropped on google reviews if the result was so great!

Can u find it?:

Screenshot_20231113-120649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.00941cc781178e1834015d824df70330.jpg

I cant find it when I search the reviews from other google account. 

Probably you could ask them why they censored a review that showed such 10/10 results and let me know what they say. idk

cheers maaan

Edited by EvansLawrence

I could subscribe your review and make it mine.
They didn't "damage" me but, considering the number of grafts they used, the result is a little bit disappointing.
at 6 months I looked great but I looked great because I spent the whole "pandemic" period taking care of my hair, so the density and. the thickness improved all over my scalp.

14 minutes ago, duchaine said:

They didn't "damage" me but, considering the number of grafts they used, the result is a little bit disappointing.
at 6 months I looked great but I looked great because I spent the whole "pandemic" period taking care of my hair, so the density and. the thickness improved all over my scalp.

I understand. Samewise here considering right after my HLC surgery I started finasteride for the first time ever and never stopped after it. Also switched from topical minoxidil to oral which is considered to be a little bit better and my quinina + biotin shampoo + ketoconazol shampoo. So I took a better care of my hair after it and still the result was not optimal. I would not have cared much about the fact they took 3157 grafts if at least survival was optimal but wasnt the case.

Cause now it has beem about 4700 grafts taken just for my front area. I could estimate if I went to Couto's from the begining I could have saved 1,5k-2k grafts for the same result I will achieve now.

But well, that is all in the past now. I will continue with my medication and keeping care of my hair and maybe like this I wont need any surgery in the future.

cheers

Edited by EvansLawrence
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, duchaine said:

btw can I see your case somewhere?

12 minutes ago, duchaine said:

as you can see, I treated only the frontline but my quality improved all over my scalp

Ok¡ I remember seing your case yes. 

Looks good! happy for you. 

Very conservative for my personal taste and yes small area for 2'1 k IMO but at least good survival. I think yours is a good result!

Yes I can see you definitely took good care of your hair cause there are areas that were untouched by the transplant that look thicker and fuller now. 

But are u happy? you can always lower the hairline or close the temples if you want. 

Couto does it the best imo but also Dr. Bruno Pinto in Portugal does great work. Plus has a cheaper price and a shorter waiting list

7 hours ago, consequence said:

I think you have to take into account the former situation of the patient and how he was before any ht and the number of grafts that were used for such a small area before making any judgments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjalay said:

I think you have to take into account the former situation of the patient and how he was before any ht and the number of grafts that were used for such a small area before making any judgments.

Yeah I just don't see it. I appreciate having high standards but this is just unreasonable.

1 hour ago, EvansLawrence said:

Ok¡ I remember seing your case yes. 

Looks good! happy for you. 

Very conservative for my personal taste and yes small area for 2'1 k IMO but at least good survival. I think yours is a good result!

Yes I can see you definitely took good care of your hair cause there are areas that were untouched by the transplant that look thicker and fuller now. 

But are u happy? you can always lower the hairline or close the temples if you want. 

Couto does it the best imo but also Dr. Bruno Pinto in Portugal does great work. Plus has a cheaper price and a shorter waiting list

I am thinking to Custodio, but I live bruno pinto too.

The first time I was very conservative because I was really scared from my previous experience.

52 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I am thinking to Custodio, but I live bruno pinto too.

The first time I was very conservative because I was really scared from my previous experience.

well in that case HLC did a very good job with u considering u had a previous one.

I dont mind giving them credit if they do the job right hehe. Both Couto and Pinto will make a great work on you. If u are in Spain also Cotellessa y Awada clinic or Zira in Valencia they work veeeery good

7 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

well in that case HLC did a very good job with u considering u had a previous one.

I dont mind giving them credit if they do the job right hehe. Both Couto and Pinto will make a great work on you. If u are in Spain also Cotellessa y Awada clinic or Zira in Valencia they work veeeery good

No, I didn't have an HT before HLC. I had a bad experience with pekiner that shaved me, extracted 200 Uf and then aborted the HT because said that I wasn't a good candidate.
With his words in mind, I decided to be conservative.

I live in Italy so Spain is close. Never heard of Colelessa and Zira. thanks for the input.

Edited by duchaine

6 hours ago, duchaine said:

No, I didn't have an HT before HLC. I had a bad experience with pekiner that shaved me, extracted 200 Uf and then aborted the HT because said that I wasn't a good candidate.
With his words in mind, I decided to be conservative.

I live in Italy so Spain is close. Never heard of Colelessa and Zira. thanks for the input.

oh damn. Did he at least implant those 200 grafts?