surgery at FUEXPERT with Dr. Couto (Restoration from previous surgery + temple work). 1500ufs. Repair from surgery at HLC Ankara (3157ufs).

All right! today was crust removal day, since it was day 10 since the surgery ended.

The crust removal was done 100% by Couto himselft. 

After we had a talk for about maybe 40 minutes where I asked all the doubts I had for the next months. Comunication-wise 10/10. You never feel a rush energy by his part, He listens and answers quietly until you have no more doubts. 

I also asked for the pics! So let's attach here some official ones:

The desing it's just surreal 😍

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7406.JPG

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7459.JPG

3 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Do you know how many went into this area to enhance density?

image.thumb.png.bafc2348cb788f7bd8a2c915306b2396.png

Hey! mmm numberwise Idk for sure. I know it was less of what I thought since Couto chooses not too many grafts in between existing hairs, but He chose quality. Meaning all the grafts were multiple. 3 or 4 hairs each.

• Like 1

You had a really good and natural result from your first surgery, obviously it could be better, as it will be following Couto's procedure.

Hopefully you had the second surgery with world class dr. Couto, and not with the dr. you mentioned in your previous thread. I had my surgery with her and I need a true repair procedure now following her careless and mediocre job; I would be reaaally happy if I had a result similar to the one you got with HLC. 

All the best!

3 hours ago, baddecisions said:

You had a really good and natural result from your first surgery, obviously it could be better, as it will be following Couto's procedure.

Hopefully you had the second surgery with world class dr. Couto, and not with the dr. you mentioned in your previous thread. I had my surgery with her and I need a true repair procedure now following her careless and mediocre job; I would be reaaally happy if I had a result similar to the one you got with HLC. 

All the best!

Hey. Which doctor do you refer to??

I was happy with my previous surgery, just that didnt match my expectations. more than 3k grafts for a smal portion with not great density was quite a hit. But yeah it was not a terrible surgery.

31 minutes ago, consequence said:

What medications are you on? Will you be doing anything else like PRP or laser helmet to promote recovery?

So I have been on finasteride for about 2 years. 1,25mg/day + oral minoxidil. Although considering switching to foam minoxidil since oral is each time more and more expensive.

I have been on minoxidil in total about 12 years and tried all types and brands.

Also use quinina shampoo and ketoconazol shampoo (2/week). Ofc I cant use those for the moment. 

7 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

So I have been on finasteride for about 2 years. 1,25mg/day + oral minoxidil. Although considering switching to foam minoxidil since oral is each time more and more expensive.

I have been on minoxidil in total about 12 years and tried all types and brands.

Also use quinina shampoo and ketoconazol shampoo (2/week). Ofc I cant use those for the moment. 

How long to you have to wait after the ht until you can start using ketoconazol shampoo again? have you asked couto about this?

6 hours ago, jjalay said:

How long to you have to wait after the ht until you can start using ketoconazol shampoo again? have you asked couto about this?

so far I will first end the shampoo they gave me plus also other that Couto recommended for me since it appears I have some small dermatitis. 

This will last a month or 2 at least 

Since I go back for prp in november I will ask them then.

7 hours ago, consequence said:

What medications are you on? Will you be doing anything else like PRP or laser helmet to promote recovery?

oh sorry. Yes I did one prp sesion before the surgery, I have the next 1 month after and next one 4 months after.

I follow Couto's recomendation here who told me that although PRP are always good, in repair cases are much more recommended.

19 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Hey. Which doctor do you refer to??

I was happy with my previous surgery, just that didnt match my expectations. more than 3k grafts for a smal portion with not great density was quite a hit. But yeah it was not a terrible surgery.

Cotellessa, in Valencia (Spain), that was a completely wrong decision (unnatural, bad angles, some multiples...). Happy you went for Couto finally.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:38 PM, Calihome1 said:

I love the design.  1500 seems low considering the amount of real estate he’s covering, but, let’s see how it turns out.

For me this is the magic of Couto. I see he needs less than others for same results. If u check De Freitas's clients you see He gets great results as well, but you dont see much temple work or any at all, and also you see Freitas uses more grafts. Just to compare with another great doctor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

For me this is the magic of Couto. I see he needs less than others for same results. If u check De Freitas's clients you see He gets great results as well, but you dont see much temple work or any at all, and also you see Freitas uses more grafts. Just to compare with another great doctor.

I agree regarding Freitas.  I wanted a consult with him, but, couldn’t find any real results with temples and that is a major area of concern for my case.

3 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

I agree regarding Freitas.  I wanted a consult with him, but, couldn’t find any real results with temples and that is a major area of concern for my case.

in that case I would book appointment with Couto. i believe list is closed now but reopens in January 

This looks amazing! Happy growing!

On 10/18/2023 at 1:11 AM, EvansLawrence said:

so far I will first end the shampoo they gave me plus also other that Couto recommended for me since it appears I have some small dermatitis. 

This will last a month or 2 at least 

Since I go back for prp in november I will ask them then.

Do you mind sharing the shampoo details and also if any medication/cream for donor like Bepanthol that Dr. Couto has recommended?

On 10/19/2023 at 12:57 PM, coffeeandpie said:

This looks amazing! Happy growing!

Do you mind sharing the shampoo details and also if any medication/cream for donor like Bepanthol that Dr. Couto has recommended?

Heey yes. So antibiotic 6 days in total, starting the day before of the surgery.

them Avene water for the new grafts (in my case starting next day or at least 2 hours later since I bleed a lot). and each 30 mins.

after 48h or 72h first cleaning (done in the clinic where they show u how to do it) you put little shampoo with water in the spray. Do not touch the new grafts, just with the spray in opposite direction to the growth, so it penetrates and cleans.

after crust removal you use aloe vera 100% gel on mornings and rose hip on nights. And u keep with avene water for the donnor or antihistaminic if itching.

20231022_081219.jpg

20231022_081231.jpg

20231022_081243.jpg

DAY 16

Shock loss will soon start 

Lets see if those PRP sessions keep it as mild as possible.

Both me and my friends who know something about hair transplant are shocked about the fact I barely have any redness. 

What a difference it makes when you get a good procedure!

20231022_105511.jpg

Edited by EvansLawrence
  • Like 1

Hey, I think you are based in Spain, you should have went to Couto from the very beginning instead of going to HLC in Türkiye 2 years ago.

I don’t understand why you decided to go to Turkey when you had a local elite doctor in your own country despite the fact you have been researching on this forum for many years.  

To be brutally honest your first transplant was indeed a failure, there was an obvious lack of density. HLC are a trash clinic, lots of patients have the same problem as you with lacking density. There aren’t any good clinics in Turkey period. Even Pekiner is questionable and is not considered “elite” by any means. 

You should have went to Couto 2 years ago with first transplant that way you wouldn’t need a repair.

• Like 3

Thanks @EvansLawrence 

what brand aloe vera gel are you using? Also never heard of rose hip, is it a oral or topical?

The las pic looks really good btw, very natural and dense. 

On 10/22/2023 at 7:13 AM, EvansLawrence said:

Heey yes. So antibiotic 6 days in total, starting the day before of the surgery.

them Avene water for the new grafts (in my case starting next day or at least 2 hours later since I bleed a lot). and each 30 mins.

after 48h or 72h first cleaning (done in the clinic where they show u how to do it) you put little shampoo with water in the spray. Do not touch the new grafts, just with the spray in opposite direction to the growth, so it penetrates and cleans.

after crust removal you use aloe vera 100% gel on mornings and rose hip on nights. And u keep with avene water for the donnor or antihistaminic if itching.

20231022_081219.jpg

20231022_081231.jpg

20231022_081243.jpg