Kevin does not like oral minoxidil

BaldDude

im using it with no issues 2.5mg per day

that said i dont think i would ever go to 5mg. It goes much more into the bloodstream at this dosage & is more risky.

Better to be safe than sorry

Edited by hairman22

• Administrators

I'm on 5mg and have zero sides. It's the most effective drug for the lowest price. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, FUEtile said:

This guys a clown downplays finasteride side effects, but but but stay away from the big bad minoxidil 

And he is completely right with that. Finasteride is an FDA approved treatment which might lower your libido or gives you ED. In the worst cases it can give you nipple pain and a mild gyno. But if you stop medication all of these side effects go away. Oral minoxidil can have severe side effects when used for hypertony (10 - 40mg). These severe side effects are not a joke.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, FUEtile said:

This guys a clown downplays finasteride side effects, but but but stay away from the big bad minoxidil 

He doesn't downplay Fin's side effects. He says they indeed occur in a certain % of users.

However, he does go after all the online fear-mongering about the drug, which sadly occurs on this forum too.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 5/19/2023 at 5:52 PM, loopingluke said:

And he is completely right with that. Finasteride is an FDA approved treatment which might lower your libido or gives you ED. In the worst cases it can give you nipple pain and a mild gyno. But if you stop medication all of these side effects go away. Oral minoxidil can have severe side effects when used for hypertony (10 - 40mg). These severe side effects are not a joke.

Loniten is FDA approved as well. It’s just not approved for hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

29 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Loniten is FDA approved as well. It’s just not approved for hair loss. 

Yes, it is. But it is still a difference. If you have the choice between dying in 5 years because of hypertony or in 10 years because of Loniten's side effects, Loniten benefits you. However no cardiologist would recommend you to take Loniten for a cosmetical issue like androgenetic alopecia. Loniten isn't really prescribed anymore today since we have much better alternatives with lower side effects.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, loopingluke said:

Yes, it is. But it is still a difference. If you have the choice between dying in 5 years because of hypertony or in 10 years because of Loniten's side effects, Loniten benefits you. However no cardiologist would recommend you to take Loniten for a cosmetical issue like androgenetic alopecia. Loniten isn't really prescribed anymore today since we have much better alternatives with lower side effects.

This is sensational speculation. It’s no different than someone saying take finasteride and castrate yourself for life. The truth is in the middle. Is this drug safe for everyone? No. But is it safe for most? Yes. If you have side effects like arrhythmia, stop taking it. 

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is sensational speculation. It’s no different than someone saying take finasteride and castrate yourself for life. The truth is in the middle. Is this drug safe for everyone? No. But is it safe for most? Yes. If you have side effects like arrhythmia, stop taking it. 

The 5 / 10 years were just an example. Fact is that oral minoxidil used for hypertony has severe side effects. Also fact is that side effects in some individuals already occur at dosages of 0.25mg per day.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:49 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

How do you get it? I have checked the sites around the UK and most of them only seem to offer 2.5MG. 

I am thinking about starting it after my surgery.

Where can you order Loniten from in the UK?  I can’t find it online. 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:14 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

His concearn is valid, howeaver the same way there is little data for safety the oposite also seems true.

Honestly, I will likely give it a shot after my hair transplant maybe with 5mg. 

I Started with 1MG, went to 2, then 3, 4 and finally 5 MG. Been on 4 MG like 1.5 month till i switched to 5MG. Doesnt know if its from my head or not ( placebo ) but something seems different. Seems that i feel more on my heart área and maybe its harder for me to breathe? Still trying to see if its placebo or not. But never felt this way when i was taking 3MG per day ( and i took for one year). I think i will give it one more/or two months on 5MG ( taking this dosage like two weeks now ), if i still feel this way i will reduce to 4 MG per day. If the same happens with 4 MG, will reduce to 3 MG per day and stay with that dosage. Btw, i dont take it once daily. With all dosages i always divided them by two, and took 2 times per day. Once morning and the other one at evening/night.

Edited by Tiago Martins
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tiago Martins said:

I Started with 1MG, went to 2, then 3, 4 and finally 5 MG. Been on 4 MG like 1.5 month till i switched to 5MG. Doesnt know if its from my head or not ( placebo ) but something seems different. Seems that i feel more on my heart área and maybe its harder for me to breathe? Still trying to see if its placebo or not. But never felt this way when i was taking 3MG per day. I think i will give it one more/or two months on 5MG, if i still feel this way i will reduce to 4 MG per day. If the same happens with 4 MG, will reduce to 3 MG per day and stay with that dosage. Btw, i dont take it once daily. With all dosages i always divided them by two, and took 2 times per day. Once morning and the other one at evening/night.

It's worth trying different ways and see which one suits for you. If you feel side effects then lowering the dosage is worth. 

9 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

It's worth trying different ways and see which one suits for you. If you feel side effects then lowering the dosage is worth. 

Yeah. Will give it one more month on 5MG. If i still feel this way will reduce to 4MG per day ( 2MG morning and 2MG night ).

• Like 1

I have spoken to De Freitas clinic and they told me I can start the Minoxidil 3 days after the intervention with 5mg. So this is what I will do.

As for the side effects I will quote my good old pal Bartholomew Roberts. 

"A merry life and a short one shall be my motto."

Sorry guys I had to. 🙃

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 6:01 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

I have spoken to De Freitas clinic and they told me I can start the Minoxidil 3 days after the intervention with 5mg. So this is what I will do.

As for the side effects I will quote my good old pal Bartholomew Roberts. 

"A merry life and a short one shall be my motto."

Sorry guys I had to. 🙃

But are you already on Finasteride?