Kevin does not like oral minoxidil

BaldDude

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Well, I must be an exception, as with that South African lady who developed pericardial effusion etc., who was on far less than 5mg daily, as I was only on 2.5mg, and I noticed serious side effects within a week. Something doesn't seem to add up.

To be fair, in your case there is really no "evidence" that you had serious side effects. I'm not saying you didn't by any means, but your case isn't as clear cut as the South African woman. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

To be fair, in your case there is really no "evidence" that you had serious side effects. I'm not saying you didn't by any means, but your case isn't as clear cut as the South African woman. 

There is no objective evidence, but that was certainly my subjective experience. I'm obviously not willing to give myself full blown pericardial effusion or pericarditis (assuming I don't have that already) for the sake of being noted as a case of concern.  

Edited by Heisenberg

All this seems to contradict the actual information released by Pfizer too, as there is no suggestion, insofar as I can tell, that cardiovascular side effects only occur at doses at or above 5mg.

Edited by Heisenberg

19 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

There is no objective evidence, but that was certainly my subjective experience. I'm obviously not willing to give myself full blown pericardial effusion or pericarditis (assuming I don't have that already) for the sake of being noted as a case of concern.  

I should also add that I didn't even know that pain on the right side of my chest, which I had never experienced before, could be a symptom of pericarditis before I took the drug. I had to do a bit of Googling to find that out after the event, so don't think that's some kind of nocebo effect.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I’m shedding but I’m unsure.

Looking at photos from last month to now, seems to be last hair around the hairline which was already scarce.

But unsure it was the castor oil I was using that made the hair look thicker by making my hair lay down flatter.

I have curly Afro type hair

Ultimately I’m still not convinced by Oral Minxodil in my case and will probably be back to Topical next month. 

I think based on my experience Topical should always be tried first and if it works stick with it.
Don’t be tempted by Oral unless you absolutely don’t get along with Topical.

I’ve had no sides though, so can’t relate to what Kevin’s mentioned in his videos. Maybe my hands look a bit hairier but nothing out of control. And I could just be thinking that as can’t say I’ve paid much attention to my body hair before 

Edited by LeveledUp