Price way too expensive?

Hello all. Today i got an email from Dr Bisanga clinic. I asked them the price per graft. They reply to me saying 20 euros per graft. I do know that Dr Bisanga is very good, and very profissional in what he does. The results speak for himself. And i do know and understand that the more the quality, the more expensive it will be. But with all due respect and imo, 20 eur per graft its madness. If i wanted to place 4000 grafts, we are talking about 80.000 euros. Madness. What do you think?

• Like 1

Higher price does not mean better quality..It depends on the clinic and on the location. In some countries doctors charge more with less quality than others.

This price you told us about dr bisanga is not right..Look at best hair clinic his prices: Its about 4 euro/graft

bisanga.thumb.png.b68086178da0ce989bd504f62bcc87fd.png

Edited by BaldGuy

I sent them them the text i placed here and they replied me that the " normal option " is 4 eur per graft. With " normal option " would be Dr Bisanga and Dr Kostis managing the consultation, plan and approach and lead the surgery.

They would punch the grafts and they would make the incision sites.

Then the technicians would extract the pre punched grafts and place the grafts into pre made incision sites. 

The 20 eur per graft is Dr Bisanga doing all this stuff alone, as it seems.

Glad i sent them the email saying that was overpriced.

Dr Konior prices are up there too. But you are guaranteeing your result for sure. 

If you want a VIP service with Dr Bisanga, one of the VERY BEST, I think he has the right to tag his work at €20/graft. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying that but... I could never pay so, I will have more options within my budget. 

I am sure more doctores will start offering this VIP Exclusive services. With a lot more clinics doing very bad hair transplants all around the world, the BEST surgeons will be entitled to charge great amounts for their SUPERB quality work. Messi, Cristiano, Beckam, Michael Jordan... had astronomical salaries compared with the rest... all could ask whatever they want. Cristiano is making €200 millions a year, something never seen before... Great doctors will do this too.

Thanks a lot for the info.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 2

Yeah completely overpriced. I am a bit shocked that he is charging that much for the procedure though. He is a solid doctor but for 80 000 quid I can easily get similar (if not better) results elsewhere at half the price. If you are looking for Belgium you got Mwamba aswell. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

Dr Konior prices are up there too. But you are guaranteeing your result for sure. 

If you want a VIP service with Dr Bisanga, one of the VERY BEST, I think he has the right to tag his work at €20/graft. If I had the money I wouldnt mind paying that but... I could never pay so, I will have more options within my budget. 

I am sure more doctores will start offering this VIP Exclusive services. With a lot more clinics doing very bad hair transplants all around the world, the BEST surgeons will be entitled to charge great amounts for their SUPERB quality work. Messi, Cristiano, Beckam, Michael Jordan... had astronomical salaries compared with the rest... all could ask whatever they want. Cristiano is making €200 millions a year, something never seen before... Great doctors will do this too.

Yes. The problem here with the 20 eur is that when they replied to me they should had told me from the beginning: The price its 4 eur per graft, and its A, B and C. If you want only Bisanga and his " vip " treatment, it would be 20 eur per graft. They told me 20 eur and i was shocked.

12 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

Not sure how Konior & Bisanga are considered the best & their prices are too much. 

Show me where they have restored NW 6 & 7's that is the ultimate challenge.

They dont have as good as cases as Zarev,Pitella,Eugenix & Hasson & Wong.

They are excellent but not like there are not better surgeons.

If they were doing something exceptional I woulkd understand but they are not

I don’t think that price is correct. Something is wrong here.  His price is around 4 + euro/graft. Dr kostis charges 2.5 euro/graft.  Can you share with us that email ?

even if it’s true is way too overpriced. There are many top quality doctors charging between 2-3 €/graft so I don’t think anyone would pay that price. 

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1

Something seems wrong.

I've seen videos of Bisanga talking about how HTs are a team effort with both the doctor and technicians all playing an important role together (which is true).  

But by offering a "VIP service" at five times the price to eliminate the lowly technicians, pretty much contradicts what he says and dismisses his technicians as a bunch of 'lesser-thans'.  Having techs is beneficial as it reduces the amount of time your grafts are out of your body and also allows your doctor to focus on the  most important part (the implanting of your grafts to the recipient area), rather than tasks such as cleaning/sorting/counting each extracted follicle. 

There must be some misunderstanding here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Belve said:

I don’t think that price is correct. Something is wrong here.  His price is around 4 + euro/graft. Dr kostis charges 2.5 euro/graft.  Can you share with us that email ?

even if it’s true is way too overpriced. There are many top quality doctors charging between 2-3 €/graft so I don’t think anyone would pay that price. 

Screenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-22-02_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.thumb.jpg.4a1999a576fec1e0a5c32f8b02a05a03.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-22-02_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.thumb.jpg.4a1999a576fec1e0a5c32f8b02a05a03.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-22-02_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.thumb.jpg.4a1999a576fec1e0a5c32f8b02a05a03.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-22-02_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.thumb.jpg.4a1999a576fec1e0a5c32f8b02a05a03.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-22-02_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.thumb.jpg.4a1999a576fec1e0a5c32f8b02a05a03.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-39-43_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-03-15-25-58-89_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

OKAY that is completely INSANE!!!!! 80k for hair transplant?? That is outrageous.
Hair transplant requires team effort no matter how good the surgeon is if he does everything by himself in a 10+ hour procedure they will make mistakes because they are human and that surgery is too much for a single person to take on alone. 

Edited by Sunset Dune
  • Like 4

A doctor has a right to set whatever price he wants and a patient has a right to choose whatever he will or wont pay. Reading in between the lines, it seems the reason for such a high price is to discourage anyone from booking and asking for Bisanga only, and forcing patients to choose the Bisanga+kostis option. 

When you are asking him to do it for you personally you get stupid answers.

it’s like telling Justin Bieber to take you to his room so he can sing for you personally. 

Well anyways, prices should be going down as more clinics are doing transplants and there is more people wanting hairtransplants.  Supply and demand. 

when doctors quote crazy numbers and some people go along with it. It sets a new precedent /standard of pricing. I can barely afford a hamburger nowadays, forget about  $20 a graft .

• Like 1

Just now, Legend007 said:

When you are asking him to do it for you personally you get stupid answers.

it’s like telling Justin Bieber to take you to his room so he can sing for you personally. 

Well anyways, prices should be going down as more clinics are doing transplants and there is more people wanting hairtransplants.  Supply and demand. 

when doctors quote crazy numbers and some people go along with it. It sets a new precedent /standard of pricing. I can barely afford a hamburger nowadays, forget about  $20 a graft .

I ask him specifically to do because he have technicians. I go for the clinic because of the Dr himself. If its to be made by technicians, any clinic would do. Thats why i specifically Said that need to be Dr Bisanga. I could easily accept max 6 eur per graft. But 20 eur per graft? I dont care if the Dr. Is Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi in the hair transplant field. 20 eur a graft its Madness.

• Administrators

It sounds like you’re demanding something out of the ordinary, which is why you got this price. It’s almost impossible for a doctor to do the entire procedure by themselves. It sounds like it was a price to essentially say no. But it probably would’ve been better to tell you that hair transplants are a team effort and that the doctor cannot feasibly do everything himself. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This price means that dr bisanga does not want to do it and he is not able to do it alone. So he just said you an insane price so he is sure that you will refuse it. Hair transplant is a team effort where techs play a big role in the procedure. So just select the normal package where the techs do some parts of the procedure. 

Remember that in most cases a hair transplant is done by both doctors and techs. A few doctors do the hair transient alone. 

there are still other options with doctors doing the procedure by themselves. Dr Pekiner does the whole procedure by himself with 2.7 euro/graft and he is top quality. Dr keser also does the whole procedure by himself for 3-3.5 euro…in HLC clinic doctor does the whole procedure by himself with 2.5€. Dr Gur’S vip package where sr Gur does most the procedure alone  is at 1.5€/graft. So many choices…

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

This price means that dr bisanga does not want to do it and he is not able to do it alone. So he just said you an insane price so he so sure that you will refuse it. Hair transplant is a team effort where techs play a big role in the procedure. So just select the normal package where the techs do some parts of the procedure. 

However there are still other options with doctors doing the procedure by themselves. Dr Pekiner does the whole procedure by himself with 2.7 euro/graft and he is top quality. Dr keser also does the whole procedure by himself for 3-3.5 euro…in HLC clinic doctor does the whole procedure by himself with 2.5€. Dr Gur’S vip package where sr Gur does most the procedure alone  is at 1.5€/graft. So many choices…

These doctors don’t do everything themselves. There’s not a doctor out there doesn’t have technicians assisting. It’s impossible to do thousands of grafts all by yourself. Even Dr. Konior has help from technicians. It’s not realistic for any surgeon to do it all themselves, unless its small procedure of a few hundred grafts. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

@Tiago Martins

What exactly did you request? Was it Dr. Bisanga do the full surgery over two days with no other patients? 

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

These doctors don’t do everything themselves. There’s not a doctor out there doesn’t have technicians assisting. It’s impossible to do thousands of grafts all by yourself. Even Dr. Konior has help from technicians. It’s not realistic for any surgeon to do it all themselves, unless its small procedure of a few hundred grafts. 

I mean they do the most critical parts like implantation and extraction of grafts. For example Pekiner does implantation of grafts with sharp implanter and he also does extraction of grafts. Of course techs still are involved in other parts to help them to separate grafts, to collect them after punching, to count them to refill the implanter pen etc…

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

I mean they do the most critical parts like implantation and extraction of grafts. For example Pekiner does implantation of grafts with sharp implanter and he also does extraction of grafts. Of course techs still are involved in other parts to help them to separate grafts, to collect them after punching, to count them to refill the implanter pen etc…

Yes, but this request was specifically for Bisanga himself, no technicians. It’s not feasible in modern day hair restoration. To do everything yourself, it would take multiple days. You’re essentially asking the surgeon to dedicate his entire practice to you for multiple days. If you consider the clinic does 1-2 surgeries a day, plus consultations and other non-surgical treatments. That’s probably 50k a day that they would lose for one patient. In my opinion, they should have just said no. This option would only make sense to someone like Elon Musk or someone extremely wealthy and famous that wants total privacy. 

• Like 2

View my thread