EUGENIX / DR DAS / NORWOOD 6 / 6005+2203 = 8208 TOTAL GRAFTS / JULY 2022, JUNE 2023

I am so curious how bad my shock loss to the native hairs aka hairs transplanted last year is going to be.

Dr Das told me I may not have shock loss due to recipient being more sparse in the midscalp and crown prior to the procedure.  Can anybody that's had a 2nd procedure for density weigh in with their experience? 

On 6/23/2023 at 12:04 PM, Capelli21 said:

I am so curious how bad my shock loss to the native hairs aka hairs transplanted last year is going to be.

Dr Das told me I may not have shock loss due to recipient being more sparse in the midscalp and crown prior to the procedure.  Can anybody that's had a 2nd procedure for density weigh in with their experience? 

Well, basically I had a repair procedure with Eugenix mainly for the density two weeks back. I asked Dr. Somesh about the the shock loss. According to him, chances of shock loss for the transplanted hairs are very low. Basically in my case, my scalp was visible. So, grafts were placed in between so that they support each other and help each other so that scalp isn't visible. Btw I saw your video in the yt channel of Eugenix. Undoubtedly great transformation. 

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your journey.  Amazing results.

Would you please share some pictures of your beard, before, immediately after harvesting, and how it heals?

I have a procedure with Dr. Gujrati (Dr. G) in August with 2,500 beard to scalp grafts planned.

Thanks and so appreciative for this site 🙏

On 6/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, EricEdwards said:

Truly incredible workmanship and an excellent result. Are you still not taking finasteride or minoxidil?

Thank you.  I still haven't taken fin or min...   although I bought a year's supply of fin while in India because it was so cheap, and am currently debating whether to start taking it

On 6/25/2023 at 7:37 AM, sftraderHT said:

Thank you for sharing your journey.  Amazing results.

Would you please share some pictures of your beard, before, immediately after harvesting, and how it heals?

I have a procedure with Dr. Gujrati (Dr. G) in August with 2,500 beard to scalp grafts planned.

Thanks and so appreciative for this site 🙏

Thanks!

Before, immediately after, and current: 

IMG-20230609-WA0028_resized.jpg

20230609_113149_resized.jpg

20230702_175549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:28 AM, Zoomster said:

This is gonna be Epic …hair characteristics to die for ..

👏👏

Thanks @Zoomster!  Again, seeing your results from your first HT on here was THE reason that I decided to go with Eugenix.  I gave you a little mention in my recent media interview and they actually put it in the YouTube video!  Pretty cool.

Edited by Capelli21
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

Thank you.  I still haven't taken fin or min...   although I bought a year's supply of fin while in India because it was so cheap, and am currently debating whether to start taking it

Hello, I also bought six months supply of fin. I was also on finasteride for Three months before my repair procedure. Also took it during my first procedure, had some issues

But the good news is " finax" which I bought recently So far didn't give me any side effects. taking three times in a week from last two weeks. I might increase the dosage into four/five times in a week. So far experience has been great. You can give it a try.

Hello fam, sharing my 1 month update:  I'm shaving the back and sides with a number one guard.  Not sure if it's reality or just my perception but it feels like the hair on top of my head just isn't growing very fast at all...  

Also I see some linear patterns on my donor area that I did not experience after my first surgery, wondering if this is normal?  I'm not sure if it's donor shock loss but I'm hoping it clears up over time!

20230708_193323.jpg

20230708_193327.jpg

20230708_193330.jpg

20230708_193333.jpg

20230708_193346.jpg

20230708_193340.jpg

20230708_193337.jpg

• Like 1

It's looking good with consistent density across your head. We all know what the front turned out like, so the signs are very good for the rest.

You may still have some shock loss in the donor, but it may be that you will need to wear your hair longer than I one guard given the number of grafts you had extracted.

Happy growing - I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 12:01 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

It's looking good with consistent density across your head. We all know what the front turned out like, so the signs are very good for the rest.

You may still have some shock loss in the donor, but it may be that you will need to wear your hair longer than I one guard given the number of grafts you had extracted.

Happy growing - I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, just checking in to share a little update, as 2 months just passed last week.  I definitely have experienced a little shock loss of native hairs (from last year's HT) on my midscalp.  I want to say there's been a tiny bit of loss in the crown too, but not as much as the midscalp area, probably bc the crown was less dense to start.

I still have some loss in the scalp donor as you can see, there are strange patterned lines.  Ive spoken to Eugenix about it, and they said they feel confident this will start to clear up around month 4, and as Hard as it is...  I trust them.  I just shave it down with a 1/2 guard to minimize it cause it looks horrible when grown out.

Not much else to report, feel free to ask any questions, otherwise see you at month 3!

20230817_140723.jpg

20230817_140745.jpg

20230817_140839.jpg

20230817_141345.jpg

20230817_144043.jpg

• Like 3

Wow you look incredible! You must be thrilled - congratulations sir!

Couple questions if you get a chance:

1. Are you on any medications? 

2. Do you have any pictures of your donor before surgeries? Another angle from the pictures below maybe? Trying to get a sense of how it looked before going in. It looks untouched even after 2 surgeries - amazing!image.png.74d37ff37fa57b07625e9cd890290e75.png

3. Your hair looks thick and wavy - was it always that way before too? 

@Capelli21

At the two-month milestone, we are pleased to inform you that your progress is on track and looking promising. The temporary shock loss experienced in your pre-existing hairs is a normal occurrence, and as the growth phase starts, you will experience gradual growth month on month. Rest assured; the preexisting area will begin to regain its natural appearance.

The donor area will also improve in the coming months; keep us updated on your progress.

Warmest Regards 
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

Email: info@eugenix.in
Telephone: +91 8826471111
Whatsapp: +91 8826471111

Book an Appointment: https://eugenixhairsciences.com/book-an-appointment/

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 3:22 PM, Shadman said:

Hello, @SLA

I’ve just read your detailed write up. You’re looking absolutely great. Undoubtedly what a transformation. 

13 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

Hello guys, just checking in to share a little update, as 2 months just passed last week.  I definitely have experienced a little shock loss of native hairs (from last year's HT) on my midscalp.  I want to say there's been a tiny bit of loss in the crown too, but not as much as the midscalp area, probably bc the crown was less dense to start.

I still have some loss in the scalp donor as you can see, there are strange patterned lines.  Ive spoken to Eugenix about it, and they said they feel confident this will start to clear up around month 4, and as Hard as it is...  I trust them.  I just shave it down with a 1/2 guard to minimize it cause it looks horrible when grown out.

Not much else to report, feel free to ask any questions, otherwise see you at month 3!

20230817_140723.jpg

20230817_140745.jpg

20230817_140839.jpg

20230817_141345.jpg

20230817_144043.jpg

Hang tight @Capelli21 as things will recover! BTW...for 2 months you are looking fabulous!

• Administrators

This is nuts for months 🤯

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:36 PM, Grouse said:

Wow you look incredible! You must be thrilled - congratulations sir!

Couple questions if you get a chance:

1. Are you on any medications? 

2. Do you have any pictures of your donor before surgeries? Another angle from the pictures below maybe? Trying to get a sense of how it looked before going in. It looks untouched even after 2 surgeries - amazing!image.png.74d37ff37fa57b07625e9cd890290e75.png

3. Your hair looks thick and wavy - was it always that way before too? 

@Grouse    Thanks!

I have never taken an medications.

My original hair was extremely thick and wavy/ curly...   trying to get as much of that back as possible! 

I've attached a few photos of the donor immediately pre-op, and a photo of before I lost my hair for reference, ignore the zoolander face haha

20230819_143733.jpg

20230819_143653.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-084913_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Capelli21
Uploaded wrong photo
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, Gatsby said:

Wow @Capelli21 I think that two months into the ugly duckling phase is the hardest place to be in. Yet you look incredible! Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing! 🙏

Thanks @Gatsby,for the kind words always..

Youre absolutely right, this is definitely the hardest place to be..  you know, 2 mos after my first HT, I had nothing to lose..   in my mind I threw up a hail Mary, and any hair growth that occurred would be a blessing...   but now my 2nd time around, I bigtime underestimated how hard it would be, and the toll it would take on me emotionally;  this time, pre-HT I had a head of hair that I was really liked, and it was long and I was so happy with it.  

My advice would be to anyone who finds themselves in this specific situation to seriously prepare yourself mentally to have it all shaved off, and really endure this long, dark period aka ugly duckling.

I hope to never have to do this again lol

• Like 2