EUGENIX / DR DAS / NORWOOD 6 / 6005+2203 = 8208 TOTAL GRAFTS / JULY 2022, JUNE 2023

@Capelli21 thanks for the additional pics of your donor! In knockout cases like yours, I'm trying to understand what types of donors people start with. It looks like you had some retrograde alopecia and a not ideal donor, but were still able to get a 10/10 result. Perhaps because your donor itself is thick and wavy? 

Regardless, congrats on the transformation and best of luck growing! Looking forward to seeing the final result - it already looks excellent IMO!

On 8/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, MildSeven said:

hey brother

it looks like you also have some shedding (shockloss) in between existing hair, same as mine.. I do have some shedding  (shockloss) around my existing hairline as well

Well at least we have a light at the end of the tunnel..   couple months and we should be 👍👍👍😀

On 8/20/2023 at 1:16 PM, Grouse said:

@Capelli21 thanks for the additional pics of your donor! In knockout cases like yours, I'm trying to understand what types of donors people start with. It looks like you had some retrograde alopecia and a not ideal donor, but were still able to get a 10/10 result. Perhaps because your donor itself is thick and wavy? 

Regardless, congrats on the transformation and best of luck growing! Looking forward to seeing the final result - it already looks excellent IMO!

Ya, upon having my very first consultation with Eugenix we were shooting for 7000 grafts, but once I arrived and they saw the retrograde alopecia, particularly the rear, bottom of my donor by my neck the number went down to only 6000 total.  They were still able to do their magic tho!  I think the fact that my hair caliber is thick and it's wavy definitely lends itself to creating density, but I have to say, I really think their DHI method deserves some attention/ credit also.  Who can say with exact surety, but how many guys are going to clinics and ultimately having a high transection rate due to mishandling of grafts during procedure, and later thinking "Man this doesn't look like 2k,3k, 4k" or whatever amount they had done?  I see these posts on reddit all the time.

Long story short, my donor was suboptimal, my hair characteristics solid, but choosing the right clinic is also key

Edited by Capelli21
Clarification

32 minutes ago, Mr. Clean said:

Hi @Capelli21, congratulations on your great outcome and result!
I read earlier in your thread that you never took any meds nor vitamins but just maintained a good diet. Do you still not take any meds after the second surgery? 

Thanks so much!  I've been super on the fence about it (even bought a supply of fin while at Eugenix), but to date I have not taken a single med.  My body is so sensitive to any foreign substance, it's highly likely I'd be in the 2% that has major side effects lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, baddecisions said:

congratulations!

results like this give a lot of hope to many of us

Thanks!

That's exactly my motivation for posting my journey here...   I got my hope from seeing some people's results on this forum and I want to be a source of encouragement for other guys also

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:12 AM, Capelli21 said:

Hello guys, just checking in to share a little update, as 2 months just passed last week.  I definitely have experienced a little shock loss of native hairs (from last year's HT) on my midscalp.  I want to say there's been a tiny bit of loss in the crown too, but not as much as the midscalp area, probably bc the crown was less dense to start.

I still have some loss in the scalp donor as you can see, there are strange patterned lines.  Ive spoken to Eugenix about it, and they said they feel confident this will start to clear up around month 4, and as Hard as it is...  I trust them.  I just shave it down with a 1/2 guard to minimize it cause it looks horrible when grown out.

Not much else to report, feel free to ask any questions, otherwise see you at month 3!

20230817_140723.jpg

20230817_140745.jpg

20230817_140839.jpg

20230817_141345.jpg

20230817_144043.jpg

Very impressive and congratulations

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:08 PM, Capelli21 said:

Thanks @Gatsby,for the kind words always..

Youre absolutely right, this is definitely the hardest place to be..  you know, 2 mos after my first HT, I had nothing to lose..   in my mind I threw up a hail Mary, and any hair growth that occurred would be a blessing...   but now my 2nd time around, I bigtime underestimated how hard it would be, and the toll it would take on me emotionally;  this time, pre-HT I had a head of hair that I was really liked, and it was long and I was so happy with it.  

My advice would be to anyone who finds themselves in this specific situation to seriously prepare yourself mentally to have it all shaved off, and really endure this long, dark period aka ugly duckling.

I hope to never have to do this again lol

I can absolutely relate to that. I opted for a partially shaved second surgery to avoid the head shave and ugly ducking phase.

While id say it certainly helped, the first time I brushed my hair post surgery I saw chunks of hair on the brush from shock loss. Definitely not a good day!

As you say, the first time it was a low risk situation so all growth was positive. Since this is the icing on the cake, someone stomping on it first is very taxing mentally! 

I'm about a month behind you and id say probably above baseline now, so looking forward to what's next....

Best of luck with your growth, I'm sure it'll be all worth it when your hair is longer, the shock loss has passed and you're seeing the density increase daily!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, just hit the 3 month mark of my 2nd surgery, so sharing a few pics..   the donor is still a bit shocked out, but Eugenix tells me that should start to resolve around month 4. Also, the midscalp definitely experienced some shock as well, and doesn't look very sparse from above, so fingers crossed for that.

Started taking biotin a little while back, but still haven't taken any pills other than that.

Worth mentioning, I have some sea salt spray and a little gel in my hair ATM to help thicken the texture. 

As always, feel free to ask any questions, cheers

20230912_111218.jpg

20230912_111712.jpg

20230912_111332.jpg

20230912_111343.jpg

20230912_111514.jpg

20230912_112240.jpg

20230912_112243.jpg

20230912_111505.jpg

20230912_114002.jpg

Edited by Capelli21
Adding information

Thought I would also include some more shots of the same angles, but this time under very bright, harsh sunlight, so you can see the good, bad, and ugly.  In these, the shock loss in the donor is more noticeable, at the top of the zone where they took from in the back, its almost like a smiley face 😀  

Will report back at month 4, and we should hopefully start to see that clearing up!

20230912_105642.jpg

20230912_110716.jpg

20230912_105652.jpg

20230912_105655.jpg

20230912_105745.jpg

20230912_105238.jpg

20230912_105242.jpg

20230912_105250.jpg

2 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

Thought I would also include some more shots of the same angles, but this time under very bright, harsh sunlight, so you can see the good, bad, and ugly.  In these, the shock loss in the donor is more noticeable, at the top of the zone where they took from in the back, its almost like a smiley face 😀  

Will report back at month 4, and we should hopefully start to see that clearing up!

20230912_105642.jpg

20230912_110716.jpg

20230912_105652.jpg

20230912_105655.jpg

20230912_105745.jpg

20230912_105238.jpg

20230912_105242.jpg

20230912_105250.jpg

@Capelli21I would agree with @mrmane85that the donor even at this point looks acceptable. Looks like you have a buzz cut to me, but it will most definitely improve!

The top is looking incredible, especially for 3 months! This is going to be epic! Hold on tight...

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Capelli21

I would agree with the earlier posters that your donor is looking decent and will improve in upcoming months...skin to hair color contrast is really favoring you which will add to the an illusion of density...you will have great outcome brother...excited to follow your progress...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

20230912_105642.jpg

20230912_110716.jpg

20230912_105652.jpg

20230912_105655.jpg

20230912_105745.jpg

20230912_105238.jpg

20230912_105242.jpg

20230912_105250.jpg

This is already incredible, your healing is remarkable 🤩 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

20230912_105642.jpg

20230912_110716.jpg

20230912_105652.jpg

20230912_105655.jpg

20230912_105745.jpg

20230912_105238.jpg

20230912_105242.jpg

20230912_105250.jpg

Hey there, congratulations! :) 

Your results look awesome! Your images have inspired me hugely because I am also thinking about Dr Das as Eugenix, do you have any feedback you could share about her as a doctor and your overall experience about your surgery in particular her skill and aftercare etc. Any advise would be hugely valuable as I am undecided which Dr to choose, as I am also thinking of going above my budget and opting for Dr Sethi? 

6 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Tbh the donor doesn't look that bad at all. You have a good skin colour to hair contrast which helps a lot. Will definitely improve over the next few months. 

6 hours ago, SLA said:

@Capelli21I would agree with @mrmane85that the donor even at this point looks acceptable. Looks like you have a buzz cut to me, but it will most definitely improve!

The top is looking incredible, especially for 3 months! This is going to be epic! Hold on tight...

6 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Capelli21

I would agree with the earlier posters that your donor is looking decent and will improve in upcoming months...skin to hair color contrast is really favoring you which will add to the an illusion of density...you will have great outcome brother...excited to follow your progress...

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is already incredible, your healing is remarkable 🤩 

30 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Incredible

Thank you all so much, the positive words are really helpful to hear..    I've been a bit discouraged feeling like my donor area looks terrible, and time seems to drag, and the progress just seems so slow..

Will check back in at month 4, hopefully with some gains 💪 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sharpshooterer said:

Hey there, congratulations! :) 

Your results look awesome! Your images have inspired me hugely because I am also thinking about Dr Das as Eugenix, do you have any feedback you could share about her as a doctor and your overall experience about your surgery in particular her skill and aftercare etc. Any advise would be hugely valuable as I am undecided which Dr to choose, as I am also thinking of going above my budget and opting for Dr Sethi? 

This is just my humble opinion: If you can easily afford Dr Sethi and you have a very challenging case, ask for him.  If not, I personally would request Dr Das.  I've been to her twice now, she's professional, took the time to listen to my concerns, answer my questions, explain everything thoroughly.  She's going to handle your case ethically;  I felt 2200 grafts (during my last visit) was too conservative and really wanted to go BIG since I flew across the world.  She could've just gratified me now and taken my money, but instead insisted on leaving some reserves for any future loss since I don't take fin.  

She developed the game plan, made slits, then continuously came back to the room to check the technician's progress.  A couple times I had questions, asked for her, and she came promptly.  Oh, and I love the hairline she designed, it looks so natural, I couldn't ask for a better one.

I felt I was in good hands.  She's competent, and at no time have I ever felt regret for not choosing a higher package.

I realize this is sounding salesy lol, but I had such a great experience with her, and Eugenix as a whole.  I was freaking completely bald, and now I have hair.

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

@Capelli21 I have to say for only three months your donor is looking excellent and your hair grows quick! All of the growth is still ahead of you. I'm really looking forward to following this one! Also I have to agree. I didn't have surgery with Dr Das but the last time I was at Eugenix I spent quite a while talking with her and asking her a lot of questions. She is not only an excellent surgeon but a lovely lady as well. 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Capelli21 I have to say for only three months your donor is looking excellent and your hair grows quick! All of the growth is still ahead of you. I'm really looking forward to following this one! Also I have to agree. I didn't have surgery with Dr Das but the last time I was at Eugenix I spent quite a while talking with her and asking her a lot of questions. She is not only an excellent surgeon but a lovely lady as well. 👍

She is a very kind soul, happy to have chosen her as my surgeon. Esp considering I was booked with a Turkish hairmill, and pulled that plug at the very last minute! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Capelli21 said:

Thank you all so much, the positive words are really helpful to hear..    I've been a bit discouraged feeling like my donor area looks terrible, and time seems to drag, and the progress just seems so slow..

Will check back in at month 4, hopefully with some gains 💪 

The donor area will definitely improve and not look so thin but I mean you had thousands of grafts taken from it, it isn’t going to be the same as before surgery. You will also have to keep your hairs long to not look see through, at short length it will not look good. 

The good thing is the extractions are homogenous so no single area will stand out. 

11 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

The donor area will definitely improve and not look so thin but I mean you had thousands of grafts taken from it, it isn’t going to be the same as before surgery. You will also have to keep your hairs long to not look see through, at short length it will not look good. 

The good thing is the extractions are homogenous so no single area will stand out. 

That's what I thought after my first surgery.  I didn't really have any donor shockloss then, but at month 10 I was shaving my donor with a #1 guard and I really couldn't tell anything was even done to it.

My fingers are crossed for similar results in the donor this time, we'll see how it plays out!

@Capelli21 

Thank you for the update. Everything is looking good and on track, shedding period is over now, from here on you'll experience the gradual growth month on month. 

Keep us updated on your progress.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Email: info@eugenix.in
Telephone: +91 8826471111
WhatsApp: +91 8826471111

Book an Appointment: https://eugenixhairsciences.com/book-an-appointment/