I had a HT with Dr. Armani

NICE PIC WITH FLASH 3 MONTHS + 1 WEEK POST OPP

NICE RES ON THIS SO YOU CAN ZOOM RIGHT INTO THE GRAFTS IF YOU SAVE THE IMAGE AND OPEN IN IN WINDOWS

Balboa:

It will be nice if you can create a hairloss web log here so that we can monitor your progress. Pre-op and immediately post-op pics are especially important.

You may be the FIRST (hard to believe right?)Armani's FUE patient that we can follow the progress. Good luck with growing.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill try out a blog in next couple days and see what i can do here is 1 more photo of the right side (better growth side) in dull light looking quite good in dull light at 3 months

tell me what you guys think so far at 3 months?

Right_Side_DULL_LIGHT.thumb.jpg.bd184fab0b98a6e7d82d79c963758d88.jpg

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I actually find it hard to believe that Armani can have expensive clinics all over the world and produce consistantly inferior results, but you do seem to avoid questions...

It is called marketing my friend. It is like saying it is hard to believe that Microsoft is producing bad softwares.

I believe Dr. Armani was a good doctor at one point, when he used to perform strip surgeries. The results were spectacular and there were many pics showing these results. However, it was going downhill since he switched to FUE only a couple years ago. Not only that, he expanded quite a bit, opening offices here and there (sort of like a mini Bosley) and hired other trainee doctors (his sister Sara, MacMillan among others) to do the work for him. On top of that, he delegated a great deal of work to technicians. I think he is the only FUE doctor who does not perform the most important task in a FUE surgery: FUE extraction. It is no wonder why the results are inconsistent.

Pat205:

Why did Dr. Armani switch to FUE only anyway? He could have just offer this option to those pusillanimous who are too afraid of getting a strip scar, while keeping the strip option to the other patients? Drs. Feller, Rassman, True, Shapiro among others, are doing this way.

M&M to refresh your memory, i remember Shane from Armani saying that the average nw6 has 15000-20000 grafts available from the donor to fully restore his hair.

Also that 100-150 grafts can be transplanted per sq/cm.

You beat me to the question by the way icon_smile.gif i was waiting for Pats to answer the others first

should we believe everything?

This is typical this thread was created for people who have had a hair transplant with Alvi Armani for people to share there views and post there photos but now its just getting totaly off that subject and getting on to the same as the 100+ pages of the same armani bashing stuff on the other sites i understand the questions you want answers to but my guess is if they havent been answered already they are not going to be

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Some excellent -- clear, important -- questions have been posed. Someone (NOT ME NOT ME) should compile and post a "master list", free from anything remotely incendiary or provoking, and make it simple for Armani/Pats to answer to the best of their honest ability, definitively; or, if they choose to neglect answering such questions, quote (one of) their past responses ....

The only downside to Armani Information threads is that the true, Grade-A meat often gets clouded, or lost amidst the shuffle...and whoever is on the wrong side in this very stark debate gets extra ammo to bob and weave through the truth, which doesn't help those new to the discussion or those sitting on the fence. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

On this forum, bad results are not taken lightly, regardless whether it is from Dr. Armani or anybody else. These doctors are held accountable. Martinnyc71 says he had a bad result from Dr. Armani and therefore the doctor must provide answers. However, his mouthpiece Pats205 comes here and makes outrageous claims that Dr. Armani never had a results of less than 80% growth. It is then normal that questions and issues are raised.

In all fairness, I would like to see Martinnyc71 result/pics to assess the work. However, his case seems credible as bad FUE cases from Dr. Armani seems to be norm, rather than the exception. This coupled with the fact that Dr. Armani's army of lawyers are threatening left and right legal actions to silence critics (including patients), not sharing his pics may be understandable. It is not really up to the patients or veteran members of this community to prove Dr. Armani performed poorly. All doctors are assumed to be incompetent until proven otherwise, with consistent results shown. So far, Dr. Armani did not pass this competency level. I would love to have see some real Dr.Armani's patients posting their pictures and results (especially the good results) here.

Originally posted by NewHairNow:

It is called marketing my friend. It is like saying it is hard to believe that Microsoft is producing bad softwares.

... However, it was going downhill since he switched to FUE only a couple years ago. Not only that, he expanded quite a bit, opening offices here and there (sort of like a mini Bosley) and hired other trainee doctors (his sister Sara, MacMillan among others) to do the work for him. On top of that, he delegated a great deal of work to technicians. I think he is the only FUE doctor who does not perform the most important task in a FUE surgery: FUE extraction. It is no wonder why the results are inconsistent.

I was ready to book with Armani and held off after finding out that he did not necessarily perform the surgery, and that technicians do the vast majority of the work. Which I found out here. All the other FUE surgeons in toronto doe their own extraction.

I actually work in advertising, I agree, Armani does some powerful marketing. But I still think that, ultimately, if 100s of people had really bad HTs from the clinic, you would only get away with that for a year or so. Surely? People aren't stupid and if the results were regularly bad - we'd know about it. The guys on this forum and others would certainly know about it! But I have not found many in my own research.

Originally posted by Balboa:

This is typical this thread was created for people who have had a hair transplant with Alvi Armani for people to share there views and post there photos but now its just getting totaly off that subject and getting on to the same as the 100+ pages of the same armani bashing stuff on the other sites i understand the questions you want answers to but my guess is if they havent been answered already they are not going to be

Hi balboa,

I'm no expert, but judging by your pics, you're exactly where you should be compared to others at about 3 months. I am sure you'll be absolutely fine.

What is important though is that the clinic answers questions here. They aren't really hard questions... They aren't hard to clear up if you work there... All claims/questions are easily disproved and answered by Armani. It makes them look really shifty for no reason if they avoid or don't answer questions.

From what I can gather, the guys on these forums, particularly this one, are purists. They know their stuff and if anyone steps out of line, as Armani arguably has with some shonky, unsubstantiated advertising claims (non-surgical procedure, 20,000 grafts available) - they will come down on that.

All this considered, shonky marketing does not affect the results you will end up with or the work that they do. But it will put people like me off and make you panic after reading anti-armani posts.

Answer all the questions in detail, Pats, it's the best marketing you can do.

Originally posted by NotQuiteButNearly:

I actually work in advertising, I agree, Armani does some powerful marketing. But I still think that, ultimately, if 100s of people had really bad HTs from the clinic, you would only get away with that for a year or so. Surely? People aren't stupid and if the results were regularly bad - we'd know about it. The guys on this forum and others would certainly know about it! But I have not found many in my own research.

Notquite,

Have you seen how many people have had bad results from Bosley over the last 30 years? When I was looking to get a HT I told a friend that I hope my doctor is very good. She told me Bosley was the best. I do not think she actually knew much about Bosley. I think she just saw all his advertising.

Also you bring up a good point about knowing about bad results. There have been people that spoke out disappointed about their results on another board. Their threads have been deleted or they have been gagged and no longer are allowed to speak freely. I think that is the kind of thing that really can become a concern for some people. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey guys I am 29 years old and in the same boat as a many of you as I have noticed my hair starting to thin during the last year. I have researched the top forums and have started using proscar, minoxidil along with Nizoral. Threads like this leave me with more questions than I started out with months ago. I really don't know who to turn to or trust any more. I have run my own land scapeing and snow removal business for the last six years and I can tell you my business is very competitive. I understand how businesses work. I see Armani getting blitzed in here because of contracts, paid posters and sub par work. I believe that all the top clinics are probably doing the same things and are not being held accountable for them. When I visit the these forums I see the same guys cheer leading the same doctors. Armani H&W and Rahal have the same guys showing the same results over and over. H&W have guys that are talking about their HT's three and four years after they have had them. I personally feel there has got to be some type of compensation going on there. We need to have every clinic accountable for the way they do business.

New Hair Now ??“ You said that poor FUE results from Dr. Armani seems to be norm, rather than the exception??? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion. I will ask you to provide these several cases that you have backing up this statement. Otherwise it is another blanket statement made not supported by any factual evidence.

Not Quite ??“ To answer your question, We have an entire section on our website that is FUE only showcasing our results. Our website also clearly states how many grafts were used and which technique was performed. Not misleading in any way.

Our Fue results are growing out very well. Is there the occasional case that does not turn out as well as we had hoped for? Sure, but that is the case with any of the top clinics. When this occurs we do everything possible to make the patient happy. But to say Bad Fue results seem to be the norm is flat out untrue.

As far as available donor and how much the average person has, I will tell you the same thing I tell any of our patients. Everybody has a different amount of Donor. Only once you have received an in person consultation with Dr Armani and your donor area is evaluated is a long term plane devised. Some folks have 6,000 grafts available, some 8,000, some 10,000, but nobody is different and each patient is treated on a case by case basis.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

Originally posted by BANDIDO:

Hey guys I am 29 years old and in the same boat as a many of you as I have noticed my hair starting to thin during the last year. I have researched the top forums and have started using proscar, minoxidil along with Nizoral. Threads like this leave me with more questions than I started out with months ago. I really don't know who to turn to or trust any more. I have run my own land scapeing and snow removal business for the last six years and I can tell you my business is very competitive. I understand how businesses work. I see Armani getting blitzed in here because of contracts, paid posters and sub par work. I believe that all the top clinics are probably doing the same things and are not being held accountable for them. When I visit the these forums I see the same guys cheer leading the same doctors. Armani H&W and Rahal have the same guys showing the same results over and over. H&W have guys that are talking about their HT's three and four years after they have had them. I personally feel there has got to be some type of compensation going on there. We need to have every clinic accountable for the way they do business.

I cant speak for anyone else but I can say for 1000000000000000% fact I have never been compensated in any way shape or form for my posts. I do not cheer lead for any doctor nor do I look to bash any doctor. I have always said these are peoples real lives on the line so I value the truth greatly. Welcome to the board. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Exactly i belive all surgions must have bad results sometimes, think of it like this Armani is a BIG name and he does something wrong it gets remembered for e.g. Soccer/Football say David Beckham does something wrong its all over the news headlines but if a player no1 has heard of or not as popular does something wrong you dont here nothing, thats what i think personly what its like

P.S. i am not bashing and not defending anyone or any doctor i choose to keep an open mind on all issues thanks

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by wantego:

Notquite,

Have you seen how many people have had bad results from Bosley over the last 30 years? When I was looking to get a HT I told a friend that I hope my doctor is very good. She told me Bosley was the best. I do not think she actually knew much about Bosley. I think she just saw all his advertising.

That's a fair point. My gut still tells me you would find more patients, but not everyone is as internet savvy as people on here.

That's a fair point. My gut still tells me you would find more patients, but not everyone is as internet savvy as people on here.

Agree. Internet users are extremely knowledgeable, that is why many doctors don't see HTN with a good eye. Unfortunately most HT patients did not do internet research, so the bad doctors can continue to strive despite bad results. I know a guy who had HT and after just 2 months, who then recommended strongly to his friend to go see his doctor, despite no result yet. After a year, he had no growth but too late as his idiot friend went along with his recommendation. His friend, no surprise here, also had no growth. The ironic thing is that a client of mine, a well known local dermatologist who has many local well known artistes as patients, also recommended me to go see that doctor...fortunately HTN exists.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Originally posted by Pats205:

New Hair Now ??“ You said that poor FUE results from Dr. Armani seems to be norm, rather than the exception??? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion. I will ask you to provide these several cases that you have backing up this statement. Otherwise it is another blanket statement made 1) not supported by any factual evidence.

Not Quite ??“ To answer your question, 2) We have an entire section on our website that is FUE only showcasing our results. Our website also clearly states how many grafts were used and which technique was performed. Not misleading in any way.

3) Our Fue results are growing out very well . Is there the occasional case that does not turn out as well as we had hoped for? Sure, but that is the case with any of the top clinics. When this occurs we do everything possible to make the patient happy. But to say Bad Fue results seem to be the norm is flat out untrue.

As far as available donor and how much the average person has, I will tell you the same thing I tell any of our patients. Everybody has a different amount of Donor. Only once you have received an in person consultation with Dr Armani and your donor area is evaluated is a long term plane devised. Some folks have 6,000 grafts available, some 8,000, some 10,000, but nobody is different and each patient is treated on a case by case basis .

Pats, this is work for you, right? Great, I have no problem with that. So easy for you to clear this up - go back through this thread - number and highlight all questions (M&M did some it for you). Then use your own rigorous scientific analysis to disprove unsubstantiated claims by guys here who clearly don't think much of your clinic.

I am STILL a potential patient/customer, I have not made a decision - I am doing more research. On marketing alone, your website is probably the best and most attractive.

But you still havent answered my question - why do MANY people have a vehement dislike of your clinic? Are they paid representatives from elsewhere? It does not seem so to me.

In your post above:

1) Good point, I want to see evidence too. Would love people to post it.

2) On your websites you have 16 photos in your FUE section (some of which are strip incidentally), you have 87 strrip photos in the general gallery. You don't even offer strip. That is VERY misleading unless you are meticulous in your appraisal of the information.

3) Where is your evidence of 95% growth rates with FUE? One of your representatives quoted me 97%.

Seriously, ALL the anti-Armani info on all of this website did not fully put me off getting an HT with your clinic, it made me want to research more. However, you are putting me off as I feel it is your job to convince me all of the accusations held against your clinic are either wrong or have a reasonable explanation.

You said that poor FUE results from Dr. Armani seems to be norm, rather than the exception??? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion. I will ask you to provide these several cases that you have backing up this statement. Otherwise it is another blanket statement made not supported by any factual evidence.

Pats205:

There you go again. It is not up to me to show you the proof of bad results. It is up to you and Dr. Armani to show and document your good results. That said, I did not base my opinion on thin air. I have seen quite a few cases of bad results on HLH but unfortunately they are now either gagged, deleted or paid off. Why do you think the discussion heats up when Dr.Armani is mentioned?

Like Plese Grow Please said, when are you going to show us your FUE results? It might shut my mouth.

• Administrators

Pat's I see that you conveniently avoid my questions and information just as you do others who ask questions to hold you accountable. So what's left - more hype, chest beating and spin?

Since your claim that the contracts were only for you contradicts the information I have. I encourage you and all who are reading this topic to read the excerpts of this contract provided by one of your patients at " Free Transplants for Posting?". Pat's these excerpts from the contract should help jog your memory.

If you come on to this forum you better be prepared to answer questions and not simply evade them and hype your services.

Personally Armani and Co gets far more attention and wastes far too much energy on this forum than it deserves. There are many outstanding clinics who consistently and quietly do superb work without hype or controversy. So why should this forum devote so much attention to the Armani clinic - beyond protecting those who don't yet know the facts?

Einstein said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Pat's it appears that you have still not learned that your spin is not fooling this community. Yet you continue to spin. Therefore you can expect to garner the same upset reactions. I suggest you stick to actual facts and answer questions if you are ever going to gain any semblance of credibility.

Pat with out the "s"

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by NewHairNow:
You said that poor FUE results from Dr. Armani seems to be norm, rather than the exception??? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion. I will ask you to provide these several cases that you have backing up this statement. Otherwise it is another blanket statement made not supported by any factual evidence.

Pats205:

There you go again. It is not up to me to show you the proof of bad results. It is up to you and Dr. Armani to show and document your good results. That said, I did not base my opinion on thin air. I have seen quite a few cases of bad results on HLH but unfortunately they are now either gagged, deleted or paid off. Why do you think the discussion heats up when Dr.Armani is mentioned?

Like Plese Grow Please said, when are you going to show us your FUE results? It might shut my mouth.

NewHairNow - My point is you are making very serious claims without any proof to back up any of your statements.

As fars as showing results, I would love to be able to show Armani Fue results. I have several cases with photos but my hands are tied as I am afraid that would be considered promotional for the clinic I represent and against forums regulations. There is nothing I can do about that.

Eric

Patient Care

Alvi Armani

But to say Bad Fue results seem to be the norm is flat out untrue.

Same as claiming that the average Norwood VI patients have 15,000 grafts available? Or that FUE is non-surgical? or that density of 140 (or 110) grafts per cm square can be achieved?

Wantego,I have to take you at your word. I think out of all the Rahal patients that post in here you come off as the most honest and neutral. I have some reservations of a few of the others from that clinic.

i personly would love to see some more results i think we all would, i dont think this is promotional aslong as they are not combined strip with fue giving false attractions, if no questions are going to be answered and no pictures are going to be uploaded then what is the point in this atall

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily