I had a HT with Dr. Armani

Speaking of patriots

What does Pats205 and Tom Brady have in common?

They both got rushed ,sacked ,pummeled and downright broke up in the first game of the year.

They are both married also one to Gisele and the other to AA.

To anyone that reads this thread take a look how easily he gave up.

I would never want a weakling in my corner

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a patient has a contract of any type that offers him some type of compensation then they need to have it in their sig when they post.

Contracts are fine as long as the person is honest about his or her results.

The HT business is a very competitive business,most clinics are probably offering some type of compensation.

I have a snow clearing business. I appreciate the support my clients give me. I have clients that have been with me since I started . I make sure I look after their properties the best I can, and I also throw in the odd dinner and supply them with tickets to movies, concerts and sporting events. My competitors do the same, in fact they even try and win my clients over with freebies as well.

I'm not deffending Armani, but please give the guy a break. My friend who had a Ht at Armani, never signed any contract.... and surely not for 3 Million dollars. Please get real. This must be a joke. What kind of crazy person would do that. I think that the contract you are talking about, is the one made between the clinic and its representatives who are responsible of the clinic's office in different cities. Some, representatives, did have a HT themselves, it is part of their job description to promote the clinic saying positive things about if. My friend, told me that the representative who met him, had a HT himself, and showed him a documentation of his progress and result. Who cares, what kind of contract Armani signs with his representatives. This is an internal affair. So, please, try to keep this forum informative about HT procedures, alternatives, REAl results with REAl pictures (whether Good or Bad)

For someone like myself, who is considering a HT, I've only seen great results of Armani Ht on the Internet. I have never seen any Bad result. More to that, I have 2 friends who got great results and one who is on his way.

If you want to prove me wrong: GET FATCS, REAL PICTURES OF BAD ARMANI FUE. (not one or two isolated cases if any, but rather a fair number that can really convince me and others not to consider Armani for our next HT)

Cheers

Mike,

With respect to the contract, you actually mentioned earlier on that you would sign such a contract to ensure you were guaranteed a free touch-up... which is why so many vocalized their opinions again on the contract as any reputable doctor doesn't make you sign such a contract for free touch-ups if required.

Anyway, let's move on as suggested. Fair warning notice - this may get a little lengthy!!

You write, "please give the guy [Armani] a break."

Indeed, some are rather harsh in their dislike towards Armani. I noticed this as well when I first started researching Armani on the HLH website. However, where some of the 'hostility' towards Armani (and his cohorts - Pats205 & Shane prior to him) stems from is (a) their strong claims that go against every other doctor and (b) their inability to support any of these claims, which causes some deep frustration after being ignored for so long.

Based upon Armani's strip results, I had him as one of my top choices. But, after countless questions went unanswered, it gave me a very uneasy feeling about their whole operation. I've seen what happens when I ask Shapiro, Feller, Hasson & Wong, etc. a question - I get a detailed response rather quickly. Sometimes it might be by public response, sometimes by Private Message (PM), sometimes by email or maybe even a personal phone call. But with Armani, these fair questions simply get ignored.

You'll see I twice posted simple and logical questions but instead of responding, Pats205 - the rep for Armani - has disappeared. Honestly, these are the same questions that I and countless others on the HLH tried for years (and I do mean years literally) to get answers to. Here were my questions:

-------------

Welcome to the site! There were a number of questions I posed to you on HLH, which went unanswered and were then eventually deleted. I'm hoping you can now take the time to answer them.

I hope that anyone new to this site does not feel that I am 'attacking', as I am merely asking questions that were asked on another forum for years, but were never answered. I'm not interested in hypothetical situations, but I'm looking for solid answers to claims and statements that have been made either by Armani or about Armani.

1. You say that no poor growth of FUE occurs and that we need to show you the photos. Likewise, Armani has claimed that the average person has 10,000+ grafts. When after all these years can we start to see 5, 10, 15, 20 examples of 10-15,000 graft cases demonstrating this? Or how about just 1 or 2 for starters?

I find this especially concerning as this is what motivates a young NW2 or NW3 to pack 4,000+ grafts into their frontal hairline as they suspect they still have another 6,000 - 10,000 left. Ethically, I find this quite concerning.

2. You were awesome at documenting your strip procedure, yet here you are more than 12 months post-op from your FUE procedure and we still have no photos... and you work for Armani. If an Armani rep won't show his photos, what do you expect us to think? Likewise, Shane never showed photos of his final results?

3. What is the story with the 'agreements'

4. Is it true that a 'power tool' is used with the grafts?

5. Whatever happened to that one doctor that did work on "21-year old" (or was it "22"?) and left a patch with no grafts. Everyone noticed it right away and yet Shane defended the procedure. Next thing we know, Sara Armani is doing a 'free touchup' of several hundred grafts to fix something that never should have happened in the first place (read: obvious demonstration of poor judgement by the doctor as he never should have let a patient leave his care looking the way he did). Did that Doctor get fired as I remember hearing that he no longer worked there. I was hoping he'd be reprimanded!

------------------

Armani simply evaded these simple questions.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Mike,

Now - back to some of your specific questions.

You write,

"please, try to keep this forum informative about HT procedures, alternatives, REAl results with REAl pictures (whether Good or Bad)."

Good post and I believe that's where this forum excels - in sharing the truth with no other agenda.

You continue,

"For someone like myself, who is considering a HT, I've only seen great results of Armani Ht on the Internet. I have never seen any Bad result."

The sad truth is that there were countless bad FUE Armani cases posted on HLH, but then all comments about Armani (good and bad) were deleted and the photos of these bad results have gone into hiding.

"More to that, I have 2 friends who got great results and one who is on his way. If you want to prove me wrong: GET FATCS, REAL PICTURES OF BAD ARMANI FUE. (not one or two isolated cases if any, but rather a fair number that can really convince me and others not to consider Armani for our next HT)"

There's a few things in keep in mind with respect to what you are asking for. First, I'm not trying to "prove you wrong", I'm just suggesting that all is not what it appears.

Here's my original post to you:

---------

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've been able to see two final results and one partial result from your chosen HT doctor, which is certainly more than I saw before my first HT. Anyway, do be careful with what you saw. Was it his strip results that you saw (excluding the 5-month old procedure), as he only does FUE now. It's not fair to compare his strip with his FUE results. Armani's strip results (all ethics aside) looked thick and natural, while I haven't been able to see sufficient evidence supporting the same on his FUE.

Also, on a large portion of Armani's patients, the 'before' photos almost look like 'after' photos in some cases as they just needed very minor work done, such as temples closed, hairline lowered, etc. vs. a complete transformation. As a result, did you know your friend or colleague or see photos of them prior to the transplant, just so you can properly gauge (a) how much of the hair is a result of a HT and (b) how many grafts were required to accomplish this goal. Since Pats just mentioned that some patients have 6,000 grafts, I'd be especially leary of packing the first inch or two with 4,000 grafts.

Anyway, I wish you luck as that's what this forum is all about - to support people to both (a) make a wise and informed decision in the first place and (b) to support them no matter what as many of us have been burned by the HT industry (ie. Bosley).

---------

So in summary:

- Armani claims the average person has 10-15,000 grafts, with no evidence that it has ever been done

- Armani then packs 4,000+ into the first inch for extremely dense hairlines via strip (and the 20-year olds think nothing of it as they THINK it is only 25-40% of their donor)

- Work looks great, grows great, but many are concerned over the ethics of lowering hairlines and using so much donor hair for just the hairline when hairloss is unpredictable

- Armani introduces FUE at a premium price and later shifts to 100% FUE at a premium price

- Months and months go by and nobody at Armani is showing any photos of FUE results making everyone suspicious

- Worse yet, their reps Shane & Pats205 refuse to show any updated / finalized FUE results themselves. What should we conclude from this?

- Results slowly start to appear and they look much thinner than the Strip results (not HORRIBLE, but thinner)

- More results come in and it appears that 4,000 FUE results are beginning to look like 2,500 graft Strip results

- This raises more questions: show some results of 10-15,000 graft cases, what tools are being used, who's actually doing the extraction and placement, how can Armani do 3x what any other doctor can do in one day (3500 FUE), what is the real success rate of FUE

- Suddenly, every photo and message regarding Armani are removed off HLH and they shift to a brand new site and start fresh.

Overall, I did see great results from Armani - but they were ALL strip. The good FUE results were of those patients that had lots of hair to begin with and they just filled in an area, making it tricky to discern the true impact of the FUE. I've also seen FUE cases whereby it appears to be diffuse thinning - lowered hairline and strong temples with very low density - certainly not what was promised.

Finally, the other concern is not just bad results but low yield, meaning high graft counts to get respectable results. To this day, 99% of the good Armani results you see online are his strip work. Cramming 4,000 FUE or potentially 2/3 of one's available donor into the first inch in order to get a decent yield is not ethical nor an example of good work.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Mike it is not a joke . This contract was presented to more then just different cities representatives it was offered to to guys to join the online crew.

Now that its been exposed not sure if they still offer that but I doubt it but you never know with those guys

Plus you have to remember a touchup in their eyes could range up to 1500 grafts not 100-200 like Pats said.

Ive seen it on paper when a 1500 graft session was labeled a touchup

Thats one thing Ill give them and that is they do honor their free touchup as do most top clinics but if you go for 3000 to 3500 in the front 1/3 like they like to do and 1600 grow and then they do a touchup of 1500 thats 5000 grafts you used in the frontal 1/3rd.

There will be alot of strange looking guys in 10 years that went there,

Im not here to tell you where to go just the facts.

If your comfortable with him then what are you waiting for?

Ive personally remember on hlp quite a few concerned guys then poof they were gone forever.

I also have talked to guys on the phone that are very disappointed .

The also sent me their pics so I know there work is hit or miss.

On the otherhand Ive also seen a few nice results but when the bad ones are deleted and hidden like they were on hlp and now hairsite its hard to see if they got better.

I caught Pats205 in 3 lies with questions I asked him .

How in the world can you trust a clinic that not only stretches the truth but downright lies.

My advice for them is to scrap those clowns online and just start over.

Plus with all this controversy I can just imagine the agony after surgery worrying every second of the day for months if it will grow. Then when you call them they say oh fue can take up to 2 years to grow like Pats just told us.

Then after 2 years of life sucking they say ok pay for another flight and hotel and we will drill out more.

Now here goes another long miserable year .Screw that!!!!!!!

Its bad enough when you know its gonna grow but damn that must be like a prison sentence.

I bet the days just feel like months sitting there wondering if my 25 large is gone.

That seems like torture to me .

M&M:

If half of what you wrote does not scare the shit out of Mike or anybody considering Dr. Armani, then nothing will. Even Lincoln can't convince all the people all the time. Some people just have to learn it the hard way.

In my book, just the fact that Pats205 and Shane, Dr. Armani's own reps are not showing their own FUE result is a huge warning.

As briefly mentioned on another discussion, i almost went ahead with 3,500 grafts at ??18k (i was 23/24 at the time with a Norwood 2.5/3).

I met Dr Armani and his rep's but was not convinced as I was only afforded about 10 mins at most - it was very quick! The atmosphere was cold and I was made to feel uncomfortable when i asked questions. That compounded by no photo evidence of FUE (even though i requested this several times) made me uncertain - thank goodness!

If it wasn't for the great contributions on this forum I would probably be in trouble now. Thanks chaps...

Originally posted by Reverse the Curse:

mike

if you want to see an honest pic of dr armani FUE go on hlh & you will find. i would post it here but patient does not want it copied. i guess you only need to see 2 more bad patients now.

rtc

I have now posted the pics over here too. Here is the link Stingray's Armani FUE

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 year later...

I was a Dr. Armani patient year 2007 Dubai clinic. transplant fue failed miserably. scared for life!

he brough 3 models all with full hair ( claimed it was his work and I would look like them). I did a test with a dino camera to see my percentage growth out of 6000 grafts ( 4000 initial+ 2000 touch up). not even 10 percent growth!!!!

• 11 months later...

Wow i missed all this that happened in 2009 2010 as i was relatively happy with my hairloss during that period but it just goes to show you how a well respected forum in hlh and a top surgeon in armani can absolutely destroy their reputations in a breath. This explains why hlh was dead when i returned to the forums early this year.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk