Eugenix | Grade VI | Dr P Sethi | 6268 grafts 15-18Dec 2022

DeltaV

Hi folks, 

4 months completion pictures taken during sunset at the beach...fairly decent lighting. At this stage, I am mixed and not very happy.

IMG-20230420-WA0041.thumb.jpg.284c00691c0fc3c916cde6a9b8654880.jpg

The hairline is okay but the transplanted hair coming is a strange texture. 5/10.

IMG-20230420-WA0038.thumb.jpg.ba0faedab9919fcef8d07dfddade55c3.jpg

Density lacking in mid scalp, no growth. Grey beard hair only growing. Looks like a birds nest at the moment. Terrible. 3/10.

IMG-20230420-WA0042.thumb.jpg.f4343b49d7aba8ff9c27e5372e296dc2.jpg

The Right temple is coming okay. 7/10.

IMG-20230420-WA0039.thumb.jpg.d06958028022183bb9703e08c8a496d3.jpg

The Left temple is not good as the Right temple. No growth in the lateral humps. 3/10.

IMG-20230420-WA0040.thumb.jpg.3bed6a34417e13060aa36a15eede909d.jpg

The crown is okay. Will give a couple more months.

After checking photos, surely result is not satisfactory at the moment but have patience.

4 months i think is less time for you to give ratings to your transplant results.

Keep a good mood and keep taking meds. Results start to come at a rapid pace after month 6,7. 

From that time to the 1 year mark you can give ratings to your growth of transplanted hair.

56 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Thanks Mate. Good decision of staying in UK with Dr Mani and best to avoid third world countries for HT procedures.

Its a little harsh term to hear but it's your thread and opinion. Maybe keep the country out of it (or use other terms) and keep it more about clinics. just a request 🙂 .

• Like 3

I went to Eugenix shortly after you and mentioned I had a similar hair loss pattern so was interested to see your result. I get that you are not happy but from someone else I think it looks pretty on track and good for 4 months. I concur with @duckling and don't believe the "third world" comment is particularly kind but you're upset so fair enough. My hair is super patchy and sparse but just having faith and taking the meds and what will be will be now! Here's hoping you are happier in the months to come.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, duckling said:

Its a little harsh term to hear but it's your thread and opinion. Maybe keep the country out of it (or use other terms) and keep it more about clinics. just a request 🙂 .

It's my opinion & a strong one and has not been formed lightly just based on my 4 months results. I am Indian myself and been to India for a HT. Been there and done it mate and I don't recommend it. Take it or leave it.

2 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Thanks Mate. Good decision of staying in UK with Dr Mani and best to avoid third world countries for HT procedures.

lol you're delusional if you think you would've gotten better result by doing HT in UK

11 minutes ago, JD Jones said:

Yet here you are judging results and marking them out of 10 at 4 months 🙄 

What is wrong with marking the results at 4 months time? The idea is that the marking go up progressively every month.

• Like 1

I had a couple of average transplants in the UK, I don't recommend it as they didn't look this good at 4 months or 12, and judging by past results in many other patients it only gets better month by month now, I honestly think this looks amazing for four months as its right at the start of the growth now?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Been long enough since 2010 in this forum to know that. Cheers.

I get you're upset dude but everyone is just trying to be helpful and there's a lot of aggression coming from you. I'm Indian too but born in the UK and been and lived in India before. You've got a result at 4 months that you're not happy with. Fine, go ahead and vent about that but no need to snap at someone like Gatsby and others who are further down the line than you. If you're still feeling sh1t at 12 months that's another story. It's up to you whether you feel it is better to have been pre HT or whatever improvement you get after a HT.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ThinningIndian said:

I get you're upset dude but everyone is just trying to be helpful and there's a lot of aggression coming from you. I'm Indian too but born in the UK and been and lived in India before. You've got a result at 4 months that you're not happy with. Fine, go ahead and vent about that but no need to snap at someone like Gatsby and others who are further down the line than you. If you're still feeling sh1t at 12 months that's another story. It's up to you whether you feel it is better to have been pre HT or whatever improvement you get after a HT.

Not at all mate. I am cool. My disappointment is not on my 4 months results as everyone seem to infer. It is due to multiple reasons from poor planning to lack of doctors involvement in my surgery. My doctor pretty much did a walkabout after doing the slits and was nowhere to been seen and didn't even bother. I have taken these things very strongly with the clinic offline and made sure it heard.

• Wow 1

Oh ok my bad. Yeah I can imagine that would suck. To be honest Dr Arika who did my slits wasn't the most friendly when I was there and came late and she Def rushed the planning. I put it down to them knowing what would suit based off their experience but I did make it clear what I wanted and changed some things from her plan. Keep faith bro and I'm of course only wishing the best results for you and us all.

• Like 1

It sounds like your procedure and planning was quite disorganised and you felt the need to direct. Unusual, but you may just have a “military” style personality. I can’t fault you for demanding clarity. It sounds like Dr Sethi wasn’t as involved as you expected. I hope the doctors who did the extractions were competent at minimising transection, which is one of the most crucial things in FUE.

If you had to do it again, would you go about it differently?

19 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Not at all mate. I am cool. My disappointment is not on my 4 months results as everyone seem to infer. It is due to multiple reasons from poor planning to lack of doctors involvement in my surgery. My doctor pretty much did a walkabout after doing the slits and was nowhere to been seen and didn't even bother. I have taken these things very strongly with the clinic offline and made sure it heard.

I get your disappointment now and yes it is very irritating as when you pay for highest package and then the doctor is not even present to atleast look over the other parts of surgery in which he is not involved then it hurts. (when your doctor is constantly checking the work then it does make patient feel good during a surgery). That is surely a problem with clinics getting multiple patients in a day. And good that you made them hear about all this beceause if not in your case but in future cases they will atleast think about the queries made by you. (hopefully they do)

i have seen good result for people in their lower packages so hopefully you get your desired result in coming 7-8 months. Otherwise it may hurt more. So i hope you get the results you wanted before coming to india 🙂 . 

• Administrators

I have to say this is some impressive growth for 4 months. 
84B683CE-70A2-46DA-A9A7-F38E66635F3C.jpeg

It’s common to begin to get buyers remorse at this stage. You can start to regret your decision and nitpick minor details. The truth is you have to wait it out. At this stage 5/10 is actually fantastic, because you’re only 3/10 growing. You won’t be halfway until 6 months. I feel very strongly that this will be an excellent outcome. 

I made this video mostly for me, I too struggled with buyers remorse, I think we all do.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

39 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

It sounds like your procedure and planning was quite disorganised

Disorganised is an understatement and the surgery was a joke. I cannot phantom how lightly they take HT surgery where a small mistake can have serious consequence. The OT was a chaos with multiple people coming in and out. No one technician was a constant. All extractions were done by technicians which I am okay with but there were too many technicians switching within the same day without any turnover/handover which I am not okay. Multiple times I had to stop the surgery and demanded that Dr. Sethi comes for an inspection. 

Even if my results comes out great it doesn't mean that these things should not be told. I have told this exactly to Dr. Sethi and was as direct as I could in my last call with him.

Edited by DeltaV
Added additional statements
  • Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Face Palm 1

14 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Disorganised is an understatement and the surgery was a joke. I cannot phantom how lightly they take HT surgery where a small mistake can have serious consequence. The OT was a chaos with multiple people coming in and out. No one technician was a constant. All extractions were done by technicians which I am okay with but there were too many technicians switching within the same day without any turnover/handover which I am not okay. Multiple times I had to stop the surgery and demanded that Dr. Sethi comes for an inspection. 

Even if my results comes out great it doesn't mean that these things should not be told. I have told this exactly to Dr. Sethi and was as direct as I could in my last call with him.

The scoring, where they cut your scalp with the punch, was done by techs?

Just now, Rafael Manelli said:

The scoring, where they cut your scalp with the punch, was done by techs?

Absolutely techs involved with scoring, punching, extraction and implantation with no supervision of any doctor. 

• Wow 1