Eugenix | Grade VI | Dr P Sethi | 6268 grafts 15-18Dec 2022

DeltaV

Hi Folks,

Here is a the details of my HT procedure at Eugenix which took place in Delhi middle of December.

Initial Plan:

I had a initial consultation with Dr Das in Eugenix Mumbai this time last year Dec 2021 and she recommended two sittings HT with 5 months apart.

Sitting 1: Front, Midscalp, Temples = 3600 grafts

Sitting 2: Crown = 1700 grafts

Also advised to start Finax 1mg immediately which i started.

Arrival to Delhi:

I arrived into Delhi on 14th December 4PM with my family wife and two kids. Eugenix were kind enough to provide 3 nights suite at Courtyard Marriott. My wife and kids had never been to Delhi and came along with me to support me and also to visit historic places in delhi. The suite was really nice and my boys really liked it. 

Pre-Checks:

I straight went to Eugenix after check-in for Pre-checks where they took some pictures and checked my BP and anesthesia allergy test. I was advised to report next day at 2PM.

1st Day 15th Dec:

Planning and Designing:

i arrived at 2PM with my wife. I really value opinion of my wife and checked with Eugenix if she could come for the designing stage which they said absolutely fine. Dr Arika (Dr A) first walked into the room. She looked at me and said your donor is Excellent and drew a hairline which she said is conservative and asked me my thoughts. I was happy to see the conservative hairline but i saw that my wife was not so happy. Dr. A then drew my temples also conservative and said think about it, iits not final and Dr Pradeep (Dr P) will also come and look at it.

image.thumb.jpeg.c56007584c38f29ee4e8b986582f00c5.jpeg

Dr Pradeep came in and immediately made his presence felt with his bullish persona. He is Mr. confidence and you feel that he knows everything in this field with his authoritative conviction style. Anyways, Dr. P looked at the hairline design by Dr A and asked me how i feel about it. I said its alright and i am happy but he said i think i can give you something different and let me know. He then looked at my face and started drawing, did some measurements with the ruler and then showed me this design below. Both myself and my wife really loved it but he told me it comes with 500-600 extra grafts. He told me that my beard is a 'Samundar' in hindi which means it is an ocean screaming to be tapped into and they will not have any issues with supply.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c8a5338fef650d04af489d3ba4e1243.jpeg

Change of Plan:

Dr P gave me an option to do both the sittings together since my Donor is good and i asked him isn't it better to do it in two sittings 5-6 months apart. He said in your case it will not make a difference. Dr. A was there too and she kinda agreed with Dr. P and who was i to question them. My wife was happy too and that was it, the plan was changed to 6000 grafts. Dr. P said we will assess after 10-12 months and see what needs to be done later but he mentioned that overall i need 9000 grafts on a long run.

After the planning and designing completed, i was taken to the OT and it was already 5PM. Local Anesthesia was given and Dr P started the action with slits creation. He did 4000 slits reasonably fast but i think it still took him 1.5 hours to complete. I was surprised to see 590 on right temple and 550 on left temple. I asked Dr P that if those are excessive and he said your temples are totally eroded and you need them. He said recently one guy got 1600 grafts on the temple alone and it is all in needs basis.

Dr. Shishir came in and started graft extraction and immediately the techs started with graft insertion which they call DHT. On a side note, I struggled with communication with Dr shishir, although we speak the same language still i had an issue. He could not explain me the plan and i stopped the surgery until we write down all the steps clearly in the whiteboard. I think that was the end of Dr. Shishir with my surgery. I like to conduct all operations military style in my line of work and maybe this expectation is in built in me.

So, on the first day they completed 326 grafts and it was already 8:30PM and i was send packing to the Hotel with the instructions to follow. 

2nd Day 16th Dec:

It was an early start and i reported at 7AM. I was greeted with Dr somesh who apologized that he was in Mumbai and could be on my first day. I spoke to Dr somesh that we need to write the whole days plan in the white board and we need to follow it otherwise i get a sense of chaos. He said i know exactly what you mean and let Dr P come and we will set a plan for today. Dr P arrived and we discussed our plan for the day in detail. I personally wrote all the steps on the white board and made sure everyone who is going to be working on my head is super clear for my own satisfaction.

A total of 3056 grafts were extracted and planted by the end of the day 7:30PM 

3rd Day 17th Dec:

Early start again and this day Dr P made 2100 slits on my crown and marked the area for extraction. He paid attention to mark the temple extraction as it is an art and the Hair has to be taken from four different zones. Also, Dr P told me that he needs to fine tune my hairline and took some single grafts from neckline to place it in my hairline.

By end of the day, we did 2268 grafts and i was sent packing by 8PM. 

Final Day 18th Dec:

I was called in late 4pm as only little bit temples were remaining. Dr P also said that we can add an extra 100 grafts in the mid region. This was not in the plan but he thought that it would be beneficial. I was so exhausted and with all the anesthesia injection over the last four days, i remember saying that i do not want any more hair and had enough of it. 

Finally, the total count stood at 6268 grafts with 5523 from Scalp and 745 from Beard.

image.jpeg

IMG-20221223-WA0036.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

The work looks excellent and you have gone to the best.👌 There is absolutely no way that a surgical team can know what they are working with until they see you in person. I think you were a little harsh though in your comments? The entire team are more than super clear on what they are doing and have performed thousands of procedures. I had Dr Roy Shishir involved who is an excellent doctor and he was intrinsic in most of my extractions, especially the beard and along with Dr Pradeep, worked very hard everyday. I was never left though with the feeling that they were made to send me packing at the end of each day. I don't think it matters whether you get there over two sessions or in one long one lasting six days like myself. By the end of your endless communication and research you should be at the point where you can trust in the process and embrace the skills of the team like you will with the results over the next twelve months. Your donor does look excellent and I know this is going to be an excellent result. 💯 Wishing all the best and I look forward to following your updates which I hope you do. Thanks for sharing! 🙏

A big shout out goes to the technician team at Eugenix and in particular technician 'Shudhir' who went above and beyond the call of duty to demonstrate duty of care. He was always there with me to ensure that i experienced no pain, massaged my body to divert my attention from anesthesia pain, took me to washrooms at regular interval, providing Gatorade to keep me hydrated. Thank you.

Screenshot_2022-12-23-14-58-14-79_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the HT with Eugenix @DeltaV, looks good so far, happy growing.

You are lucky to have both founding doctors work on your procedure, what package did you go with? Since you were so organized with your procedure, do you know what density you got? Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 12:11 AM, DeltaV said:

That's my 3 three weeks post op under the belt folks. A bit of shedding has started as I can feel the density reducing. Any views about the temple points so far?

IMG20230108134340.jpg

IMG20230108134328.jpg

IMG20230108134319~2.jpg

IMG20230108134335.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I will come back here often to see your progress. I am looking for the hairtranspalent service for my head hair. I am also vey happy I found the https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/love website on google search where I can easily find the essay samples on love topic. I will surely save this post somewhere in my laptop.

Thanks for sharing, I will come back here often to see your progress. :)

The temple points where designed well. They perfectly frame your face. Shedding happens very quick with the temples, because they are very thin single hairs implanted from the nap. They are slow growers and will take time to make a visual difference for you. Trust me, I know how torturous the waiting game is, but in 3 to 4 months you will be looking so good! Just try not to be too narcissistic, LOL!😎  

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

Received this from Eugenix on my graft to hair details and ratio. One thing still hovering over my mind is would it be better to do this in two sittings six months apart as per the original plan? Don't know we have to wait and watch.

Screenshot_2023-01-20-09-21-43-87_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Edited by DeltaV

• 5 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

The ugly duckling phase can be very frustrating but in another month you will begin to see growth that will be subtle but consistent I’m sure. I really like your temple points. I’m one month post op myself. All the best and thanks for sharing! 👏👌

• Thanks 1

Hang in there… toughest time in the HT i understand!!

I am heading to Eugenix in a couple of weeks!!

How was your experience with the beard donor area healing… how long did it take realistically to heal? i am going back to work 1 week after transplant… thinking ill grow the stubble to hide the beard transplant areas… 

Edited by aaalan

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

You can certainly see the difference now at 3.5 months. The growth on top is getting stronger and the temples points have come in. I see great results for you @DeltaV. It's a game of patience though. Still by 5 months you will see a huge improvement again. Thanks for sharing!👌

• Like 1

@DeltaV this is some excellent donor or donor management because with that many grafts extracted donor cannot look like this. Everyone has already commented on results so no point adding to that.

But I will say your face looks great even without beard / with less beard so you can definitely tap into that samundar of resource in future along with scalp hair which can still give you some more. I say this because not many want to give away their beard which adds to their face cut. We are inspired by virat kohli or yash to keep them long. Because not many can pull off a ranbir kapoor or dhoni and look great with/without beard. (But in your case you are pulling it off). 

On 4/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, DeltaV said:

Pictures after completing 3.5 months (108 days)

IMG-20230406-WA0052.jpg

IMG-20230406-WA0048.jpg

IMG-20230406-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20230406-WA0050.jpg

IMG-20230406-WA0049.jpg

After the ugly duckling phase all is starting now... looking good... donor seems to have recovered already... from now on good things will happen... keep updates coming