28 years old (NORWOOD 6/7) -- Hair transplant Eugenix with Dr Arika Bensal -- 4526 grafts (including 973 Beard)

garcimore75

Another episode of Saved by the Beard 

I would agree with what someone else said, you're not a nw6, you're a full blown diffuse nw7.

If you want to get a second surgery, which you seem to, if you want to lower the hairline or do the temples at all, you need to save the scalp hair for that. Beard will do the rest. You could probably get insane density from that beard. But you need the scalp for the front to look natural.

Congratulations 

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 1

Hi @Rafael Manelli, thank you for the kind word. Yes the beard hair definitely helps me, I'm also astonished how Dr Bansal was able to get that much graft. 

Concerning the second surgery, I don't even know if I will lower the hairline. That one seems nice enough for a 30 years old. I will may be focus on adding density to my new existing hair (using mainly scalp hair) without lowering the hairline + do the crown with a mix of beard and scalp hair . I rather being conservative. But first I'm waiting for the final result and I will decide then with doctor approval.

@ThinningIndian, Thank you very much, here we go, this picture is from today with flash on (that's why I got red eyes on it haha)image.thumb.jpeg.e7d3102b9c79a4f31093dc5c60847e01.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes that's what I would like to achieve. For now, already happy. and may be when the SMP gonna disappear I will go back to the same guy who did it for me 3 years ago to get it done again (may be I wont need it but just planning in case I need it) 

Also I forgot to mention that compare to last month, hair seems to get softer :)

Thanks for the detailed posts.  

This helps me a lot.  My hair and situation is very similar to yours.  Eugenix is on my shortlist for next year when I consider beard hair to scalp. 

This year I’m going for a 2,000 graft DHI in the UK to add some hair to crown and slightly fix hairline 

I'm looking forward to your results and progress and appreciate you sharing 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DAY 90 UPDATE

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing great. Finally at day 90.

Last week I trimmed my hair again to a number 1 trim since I had important meeting for work and didn't want to look too messy on top. 

Hopefully it is the last time I will trim it to a #1 on top haha. (even if I really like the buzzcut).

Here we go with the pictures from all the angles under sunlights except the first one.

image.thumb.jpeg.64d4367961c45256af649bfdcc3e25dd.jpeg

front-right.thumb.jpg.9b97ffe7fa3c4875a84f0f6958e3cc4e.jpgfront.thumb.jpg.a65032577f8f284dcb5bda9b612639f5.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.82ac9cac35f0195b853aa4952f190396.jpeg

left-2.thumb.jpg.618e9793844f3204ed82b1dfaf3a3034.jpgleft.thumb.jpg.e2522cc1a077f9c8afaf0a434f372531.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.e98e42c5f0e3788e72e9339c722fb63d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d1227288673f76f01006c715862f29b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8d27d7fe730efcc361a949429163aa4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5a2f73d24b6debe7a54be92ced15e542.jpeg

Edited by garcimore75
  • Like 3

hi @Henry,

Yes I like it better too, just on the day of surgery I let every hair that I still have available grow for 2 to 3 months in order for them to assess my case the best they could (which I could have avoided from my understanding haha). 

And right now, I took some time off while letting the hair process goes on, so that's why I didn't pay too much attention to my beard. Usually I let it go to a 6 mm and like to dye it a bit darker to avoid that multicolor beard that you can see on the pictures above

• Administrators
On 2/6/2023 at 5:30 PM, garcimore75 said:

Hi @Rafael Manelli, thank you for the kind word. Yes the beard hair definitely helps me, I'm also astonished how Dr Bansal was able to get that much graft. 

Concerning the second surgery, I don't even know if I will lower the hairline. That one seems nice enough for a 30 years old. I will may be focus on adding density to my new existing hair (using mainly scalp hair) without lowering the hairline + do the crown with a mix of beard and scalp hair . I rather being conservative. But first I'm waiting for the final result and I will decide then with doctor approval.

@ThinningIndian, Thank you very much, here we go, this picture is from today with flash on (that's why I got red eyes on it haha)image.thumb.jpeg.e7d3102b9c79a4f31093dc5c60847e01.jpeg

This hair length suits you man, I thought ny beard was thick, but you put me to SHAME haha

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi guys, 

so just wanted to show you the progress month to month from day 1 to day 90 on top in the recipient area. Seems hairs are getting thicker or darker at month 3 mark + i think some growth happened already. Don't know if it's just me seeing it or if I'm just being biased.

Please note that all the pictures were taken with flash on, except the one at day 60 with the French soccer team jersey on haha

Day 30: 

image.jpeg.4158228e8521d04cef32de0b7b1db9ba.jpeg

Day 60: 

image.thumb.jpeg.6a5a6204d7efc07b7797b8fd1410bf5f.jpeg

Day 75: 

image.thumb.jpeg.23c408eff015eb4deca6d54f464bc2cd.jpeg

Day 90: 

image.thumb.jpeg.d92c0544a2c4662f79109c78d757a67b.jpeg

Edited by garcimore75
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:30 AM, garcimore75 said:

Hell no mate you do NOT need to lower the hairline, it is absolutely perfect and will be timeless.. also the buzzed look really suits you, I'm always impressed by the eugenix hairlines, they always nail the design

Hi everyone,

@Joseph James, yes I am still taking finasteride, its been 5 months now. 

Also still taking the dietary program that I got from Eugenix.

Just to show you how everything is going, right now I am at 105 days (3 months 1/2)

It seems hairs are starting to show up, So far, I am thrilled with the results. I hope in the coming months everything is gonna be more dense and less sparse on top. But even as of now, without knowing what the results could be at the end of the whole process, I am really happy. Could definitely only go with the buzzcut, so from now, I guess everything extra will be a bonus for me haha

image.jpeg.c2169599d5c638960e51cb95e683a675.jpeg

image.jpeg.a873d18d1d85f586025b23d0b3364e15.jpeg

image.jpeg.f9591d085f9387c45cd90caf3e9a6de3.jpeg

Edited by garcimore75
  • Like 5
  • Wow 1

24 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

Hi everyone,

Just to show you how everything is going, right now I am at 105 days (3 months 1/2)

It seems hairs are starting to show up, So far, I am thrilled with the results. I hope in the coming months everything is gonna be more dense and less sparse on top. But even as of now, without knowing what the results could be at the end of the whole process, I am really happy. Could definitely only go with the buzzcut, so from now, I guess everything extra will be a bonus for me haha

The hair is coming in nicely. If you don't mind me asking, what's the dietary program?

Edit, never mind. Sorry.

"Dietary supplement "Hair Fact" (since post surgery, November 26 2022): Combinations of medicines provided by Eugenix after my surgery, those are composed of: Tricho gold, Cal D3, Tricho Ferum, Tricho Flax, Tricho protein, Q10S. To be 100% honest I have not done any research about it, I am just confident with what the clinic gave me, and I am willing to give it a try."

Edited by Joseph James
Dumb question

30 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

Hi everyone,

Did you cut (or buzz?) your hair yet? If so, at what time did you do it?

Hey @Xanadu, yes I have trimmed it multiple times

Concerning the sides, I have probably done it 7 to 10 times to get a better look during the ugly ducking phase. Also 10 days after surgery after scabs came out, I asked eugenix if they were able to trim the sides that early and they have done my trimming right away. So I guess no huge deal at any points after scabs came out in that area.  

Concerning top, I have started trimming it 6 weeks after surgery (also I asked confirmation to the clinic before doing it), since then I think I trimmed it twice including once with my barber 1 month ago. From that point I haven't done anything to my hair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

Hey @Xanadu, yes I have trimmed it multiple times

Concerning the sides, I have probably done it 7 to 10 times to get a better look during the ugly ducking phase. Also 10 days after surgery after scabs came out, I asked eugenix if they were able to trim the sides that early and they have done my trimming right away. So I guess no huge deal at any points after scabs came out in that area.  

Concerning top, I have started trimming it 6 weeks after surgery (also I asked confirmation to the clinic before doing it), since then I think I trimmed it twice including once with my barber 1 month ago. From that point I haven't done anything to my hair.

Good luck. I am 60 days in and looks not too different from yours at 60 days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 MONTHS

Hi everyone, so we are like 5 days past the 4 months mark. I am going to share 3 different post to show everyone where I am at right now.

First shots taken indoor with flash on (but I would say good angles to show density haha)

Second shots taken outdoor with sunlight

Third shots, I just had fun myself putting some toppik on see what the magic does. (does work pretty well by the way)

Bit of concern concerning donor area on the side which seem to be thinner. May be It is still because of the shock loss. We will see in the coming months. Anyway even when I had hair I used to trim the side short, so if some part of the donor area are a bit overharvested I will just trim the sides.

Concerning recipient area, it seems some growth happened but still very thin, hopefully the density improves in the coming month. 

Concerning crown area, I am a bit surprised to see a bit of hair popping on my lower crown part, thought they were all gone. I Do not know if it is due to Finasteride or maybe since I haven't let my hair grow since 4 years, they were still here waiting for their time to shine lol 

For my hair I have added red onion oil + hair pomade to my habits, it's been only 4 days, so I guess I would be able to give you some feedback in the coming weeks. 

Tomorrow I am going to my barber to trim sides, Hopefully we can work a haircut out since I haven't implanted any hair to the crown yet.

So, here we go with the shots. 

Edited by garcimore75