Dr Konior FUE - 1200 grafts

Congratulations! I'm glad to see how well your progress is going.

I have my appointment scheduled with Dr. Konior in August, and I thought I would consult with you. How many days do you recommend I stay in Chicago after the procedure? I am also from a country other than the USA and I read that you traveled from Australia to Chicago. I hope you can offer me your honest answer. Thanks very much! Kind regards.

Would you be willing to share a rough estimate of the type of pricing you got? I too am very interested in Dr Konior because of his impressive results, but I’ve heard it’s more of a session based pricing model rather than a cost per graft estimate. I know you get what you pay for and of course because of his reputation and work I don’t mind paying a premium, but if something around a 1200-2000 graft session would cost $35,000 that would be at the least $17 per graft which is no small fee even for the best of the best. I have a very similar case as you, so was hoping you might be willing to share. Also great post, and big thanks for sharing! 

31 minutes ago, gs1207 said:

Would you be willing to share a rough estimate of the type of pricing you got? I too am very interested in Dr Konior because of his impressive results, but I’ve heard it’s more of a session based pricing model rather than a cost per graft estimate. I know you get what you pay for and of course because of his reputation and work I don’t mind paying a premium, but if something around a 1200-2000 graft session would cost $35,000 that would be at the least $17 per graft which is no small fee even for the best of the best. I have a very similar case as you, so was hoping you might be willing to share. Also great post, and big thanks for sharing! 

Someone mentioned that his pricing is now 35,000$ for a singe hair transplant. 

On 3/7/2023 at 4:38 AM, AntonioAG5_Yes said:

Congratulations! I'm glad to see how well your progress is going.

I have my appointment scheduled with Dr. Konior in August, and I thought I would consult with you. How many days do you recommend I stay in Chicago after the procedure? I am also from a country other than the USA and I read that you traveled from Australia to Chicago. I hope you can offer me your honest answer. Thanks very much! Kind regards.

Thank you, mate :)

Great choice, him and his team are fantastic.

Are you having FUE? I arrived on Tuesday, and had my op on the Wednesday. 

I ended up staying until Sunday I believe, and I am kind of glad I did. 

You could potentially leave a couple of days after, but I had a bit of swelling - and having an extra couple of days for the grafts to secure a little more is solid peace of mind.

I'd stay 4-5 days, personally - but I'd check with Dr K, he will give you a detailed answer suitable to your operation :)

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 12:08 PM, gs1207 said:

Hey mate,

My pricing was a bit different to his current estimates. 

I actually booked in early 2020, but had to keep post-poning due to COVID and such. 

When I finally booked again late 2022, Dr K honoured the pricing model of my initial booking, instead of his new fee.

So I really cannot say what his would be as of now. 

He is up-front with all his costs, if you email his practice, he will give you a run-down :) it's also different for FuE vs FUT. If you want a detailed breakdown, feel free to shoot me a msg

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, HelpfulFriend said:

Hey gang, 5 weeks out. A lot of the hairs have now shed. A few didn't, but I assume they still might. Real ugly duckling hours.

Dr K said it's looking normal, but is it standard to look so different in terms of density? Compared to my post op, it really looks like some of the grafts aren't there, but I'm sure I didn't lose any. I was so careful, never had any head knocks, and haven't had any bleeding or any fall out. Are they just so small that it's super hard to see at this stage?

Donor looks the same as prior to the HT, so didn't figure I'd post a pic 601727604_PXL_20221221_1012028882.thumb.jpg.2fb5c2582bd1238f904612caff9f5602.jpg1457229617_PXL_20221120_1953421795.thumb.jpg.55679d0143a4699859a8b7c4e6b217d2.jpg1721293767_PXL_20221221_1011499612.thumb.jpg.6962f57785fdd87b8eb63cee3dad38b4.jpg231984231_PXL_20221120_1953295094.thumb.jpg.15518484eb24a8a32bfa7958088d9f37.jpg

Just look how beautiful this is! What a clean job. Perfection!

Dr Konior is the dream doctor by all of us. And after this he gets in his car and drives you to the hotel!
Dr Konior is just ... Priceless 🎖 🙌🏻

Edited by OliverAtom
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 5:40 PM, HelpfulFriend said:

Thank you, mate :)

Great choice, him and his team are fantastic.

Are you having FUE? I arrived on Tuesday, and had my op on the Wednesday. 

I ended up staying until Sunday I believe, and I am kind of glad I did. 

You could potentially leave a couple of days after, but I had a bit of swelling - and having an extra couple of days for the grafts to secure a little more is solid peace of mind.

I'd stay 4-5 days, personally - but I'd check with Dr K, he will give you a detailed answer suitable to your operation :)

Thank you very much, Helpful friend! An apology for the delay in responding. My procedure is FUE too. I will take your comments into account. Happy growing, mate! :D

• Thanks 1

Hey gang, I was speaking to Dr K recently, and he sent me some immediate post-op pictures.

Just in case anyone wanted a good quality shot of what you can expect immediately after the operation - and how my hair was styled for a no-shave recipient procedure. My pics in the original post are pretty poor quality

LH (1).JPG

LH (2).JPG

LH (3).JPG

LH (4).JPG

Edited by HelpfulFriend
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, HelpfulFriend said:

Hey gang, I was speaking to Dr K recently, and he sent me some immediate post-op pictures.

Just in case anyone wanted a good quality shot of what you can expect immediately after the operation - and how my hair was styled for a no-shave recipient procedure. My pics in the original post are pretty poor quality

LH (1).JPG

LH (2).JPG

LH (3).JPG

LH (4).JPG

Pestine work. Any phots of a selfie with your face blocked out? Curious as to how Konior designed your hairline in relation to your eye brows. Something like this: 

image.png.7338385fe49118ffc38863a529dbbe61.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 6:35 AM, stephcurry30 said:

Pestine work. Any phots of a selfie with your face blocked out? Curious as to how Konior designed your hairline in relation to your eye brows. Something like this: 

image.png.7338385fe49118ffc38863a529dbbe61.png

Hey mate, I actually didn't get any. Perhaps this is because I simply extended my hairline from my frontal lock (which was untouched). So I didn't really design a hairline, I just had the corners filled in.

Dr K said I could have gone lower, but I wanted to go super conservative due to my family history.

Edited by HelpfulFriend

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, thought I'd pop by for another update. 

I'm at about 5.5 months, and the hair is starting to take on the caliber of my non transplanted hair. It was really quite thin up until about a month ago.

All in all still progressing :)

PXL_20230507_024306107~2.jpg

PXL_20230507_024237755~2.jpg

PXL_20230507_024330214~3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

3 hours ago, HelpfulFriend said:

I'm at about 5.5 months, and the hair is starting to take on the caliber of my non transplanted hair. It was really quite thin up until about a month ago.

🤷‍♂️I mean what can you say. Damn. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/6/2023 at 8:02 PM, HelpfulFriend said:

This is absolutely stunning work!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...