Dr. Mwamba's FUE 2200 grafts work 7 months review

Dhcyoo

4 hours ago, Gramatik said:

i think this result is Unacceptable for 5$ per graft. When you pay premium prices you demand that everything will look perfect as an outcome. But here we can see poor growth in some areas plus shock loss of your native hair, so giving this outcome. I think you will need to do a repair procedure to other doctor..

I appreciate that. I totally agree. This was over $10,000 surgery. There needs to be an accountability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

First less than ideal Mwamba result I've seen. Very unfortunate. I think even if it was shock of native hair, a touch-up ought to have been offered, as it doesn't rise to his usual standards. It's either a case of lack of growth (doubtful) or poor planning - both warrant a discussion to solve this itssue.

The lack of communication is very concerning, especially now that 3 different people have stepped up. It's really a shame -- Mwamba is a super nice fellow and usually is as near a surefire guarantee of a good result, but the office really needs to get its act together. Patients shouldn't be strung along like that at all.

I hope you can reach some resolution.

I appreciate you sharing your similar sentiment of concern, given that patients do look into this network as a source of referral - I went with Mwamba because of the video chat that @Melvin- Moderatordid with Mwamba and the positive reviews; and the result is not so great so I'm quite dissapointed. To be fair, as I mentioned in other reply, Justine, the administrator said she'll get back to me next month - but the track record of their communciation has not been reliable. So I'm really hoping that they would give me update - if not, I'd be one sour and dismissed patient. 

If anyone knows what's going on with their US operation, please do share. 

12 hours ago, mustang said:

I had a great experience with them, all very nice, however, I am not a patient who needs any type of after care contact or service.

Couto and Feriduni never checked on me again after surgery, neither did Lupanzula, I don't recall any clinic every contacting me after but one saying you are now 6 months out etc...

I agree the service of My WHTC has to improve despite on how nice and ethical Dr Mwamba or there wouldn't be these complaints.

I hope they can improve on it.

A free touch up is not warranted imho here, whatever was implanted grew. 

Nah, whatever planted, did NOT grow. That's the problem. 

On 9/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

Just thought i would chime in myself as a mwamba repair patient from the nj clinic who is 3 months post op.

I still have 50 or so badly angled grafts Mwamba - for whatever reason - couldnt or didnt extract during surgery. 

Im open to him fixing this during a 2nd round, just hope it would be free or a vastly reduced cost. 

I really don't want or need the horrible stress of a full on surgery, just to get 50 grafts exctracted.

Im hoping I can go to Mwambas Atlanta location, but im actually not 100% sure he is operating there. I feel like he still is...but unconfirmed. 

I went to Mwamba bc i really needed a top level surgeon to do my repair. And while i do think 90% of my transplant will be amazing, it still sucks its not 100% complete. 

The good news i guess is at this point, any "B-list" or higher doctor should be able to identify and extract these remaining grafts. 

So if i do need to get these extracted, my options arent limited to the few truly elite repair docs, i have a wider selection now. 

Still massively sucks for me to be so close to the finish line, and just having a few dozen bad grafts holding me back. 

Seems like you and I might be in the similar boat - needing some sort of repair. I totally agree with you the stress of going through the surgery and post work... is insanely painful and stressful. I basically invested one year of my life here... 

8 minutes ago, Dhcyoo said:

The communication interface for this forum is really confusing and unintutive - @Ajamilo, would you write down the screenname/ID of the Joshua guy who works for Dr. Mwamba? I'd love to have a chat with him.

What's confusing about it? Simplest forum to use ever

24 minutes ago, RTC said:

What's confusing about it? Simplest forum to use ever

the replied messages are not organized via stack up / indent like reddit - so there's lot of scrolling up and down to see who had said what, etc.

3 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

He is Joshua and works for them. He is also trying to sell and promote the DUT from the clinic on other forums such HairlossTalk but a lot of people exposed him pretty fast there.

so dont worry if he attacks you

1) I don't work for any clinic. Not Mwamba's or any other and I certainly do not sell medication.

2) I don't use Topical Dutasteride, in fact I have discontinued it and opened a thread about it (way to promote a product)

3) I have not attacked anyone, merely stating facts about HT.

You on the other hand have bad mouthed a Doctor because YOU did not want to spend money on the grafts they told you that were needed for your case and then blamed them for not having enough density trying to get a free surgery.

2 hours ago, Dhcyoo said:

Nah, whatever planted, did NOT grow. That's the problem. 

You think so?

I see growth everywhere but you know your case better of course.

Whatever did not grow `below 90% should obviously be re-done for free.

3 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

He is Joshua and works for them. He is also trying to sell and promote the DUT from the clinic on other forums such HairlossTalk but a lot of people exposed him pretty fast there.

so dont worry if he attacks you

I've been in touch with several clinic and Joshua is indeed the one for fueclinic. If what you say is true, that's some serious integrity concern. I've also noticed mustang talking on several post for Dr Mwamba, but the question is not does Joshua works for fueclinic, but are Joshua and Mustang the same person?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mustang said:

1) I don't work for any clinic.

You are 100% Joshua. the sales person in the clinic. you are a liar and you know it too.
hope my friend who was long ago interested in DUT from FueClinic and talked to Joshua (you) about buying Dutasteride on the phone can come here and expose you. The fact that you (Joshua) mentioned to my friend that you had been to Argentina and done a hair transplant there made me confirm that it is you. Honestly i 
hinted more than 5 months ago on my thread that you were Joshua when you trolled and did everything to protect him including lying repeatedly and accusing me of things I had not said. but of course you didn't care since you didn't knew that what i knew about you. Probably your real name are not even Joshua too. 

anyways i dont really care that you are Joshua but the reality is that you are not only attacking me, but you always attack everyone who has had a bad experience with the clinic and chooses to share it here. Pliz stoop with it

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

You are 100% Joshua. the sales person in the clinic. you are a liar and you know it too.
hope my friend who was long ago interested in DUT from FueClinic and talked to Joshua (you) about buying Dutasteride on the phone can come here and expose you. The fact that you (Joshua) mentioned to my friend that you had been to Argentina and done a hair transplant there made me confirm that it is you. Honestly i 
hinted more than 5 months ago on my thread that you were Joshua when you trolled and did everything to protect him including lying repeatedly and accusing me of things I had not said. but of course you didn't care since you didn't knew that what i knew about you. Probably your real name are not even Joshua too. 

anyways i dont really care that you are Joshua but the reality is that you are not only attacking me, but you always attack everyone who has had a bad experience with the clinic and chooses to share it here. Pliz stoop with it

You are 100% correct that it is not my real name. You got one thing right at least.

I am not attacking people who are not satisfied with their results, when I meet with Dr Mwamba in September I will let him know so he can connect with them because as a patient with bad results myself I know it sucks and it's damaging his practice, he should be contacting patients that have concerns and doing a second pass if needed and I am sure he will.

You however is a different story. You are trying to get free surgery from the get-go and I am not the only one who thinks you are. It just didn't work out for you so you decided to badmouth him everywhere which you keep doing.

58 minutes ago, mustang said:

You think so?

I see growth everywhere but you know your case better of course.

Whatever did not grow `below 90% should obviously be re-done for free.

I really don’t want to get involved in this mess anymore than I did already but you’re a funny guy like I said 😂

You were sure of 100% growth but now backtracking and questioning it. You told me I don’t know how hairloss or surgery works for suggesting an elite doctor should give better results and a free touch up when it doesn’t happen at the very least. Now you’re suggesting he should get a free touch up. 

Mate, shilling has to be done subtly and don’t attack people attracting attention. That gives you away 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

I really don’t want to get involved in this mess anymore than I did already but you’re a funny guy like I said 😂

You were sure of 100% growth but now backtracking and questioning it. You told me I don’t know how hairloss or surgery works for suggesting an elite doctor should give better results and a free touch up when it doesn’t happen at the very least. Now you’re suggesting he should get a free touch up. 

Mate, shilling has to be done subtly and don’t attack people attracting attention. That gives you away 😉

Appreciate the compliment, being funny is a good thing indeed.

I sustain my opinion on your knowledge on HT.

• Administrators

The advice of not waiting the 12 months is absolute nonsense. You CANNOT judge the result at 7 months. It’s still growing. My suggestion is to let the hair grow out, as it will never match native density, and this will be exposed with short hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

You think anyone that disagrees with you is josh then ig I’m josh lol 😂 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The advice of not waiting the 12 months is absolute nonsense. You CANNOT judge the result at 7 months. It’s still growing. My suggestion is to let the hair grow out, as it will never match native density, and this will be exposed with short hair. 

This ^

• Like 1

A pity to see a result like this. It seemed like a piece of cake but once again, we can see that HT are not like math. There are too many variables. I sure do have Dr Mwamba in my list for my future HT and I will keep him there but, besides the poor result, I do not like some details like the lack of communication. 

Hope you get a good repair free of charge! 
Thanks for sharing @Dhcyoo

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 10:36 AM, RTC said:

I think the whole 'wait a year' thing is a bust..

If there's no hair there by 6 months, it's not going to grow imo

sometimes it takes up to 16 months. It definitely is concerning when there is not much by 6 months. But it doesnt necessarily mean its completely failed. It really depends on the hairs growth cycle from where it was implanted. 

Say someone had 4k grafts implanted and lets say about 50% of that was about to shed already. It would probably take 3-6 months just for it to start sprouting. 

Now im not saying thats always the case but there are always some kinds of measures we cant really tell just by looking. Im hoping this is one of them. My hopes are that OP grows a lot by month 9, 12, and 16.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

8 hours ago, Vann said:

sometimes it takes up to 16 months. It definitely is concerning when there is not much by 6 months. But it doesnt necessarily mean its completely failed. It really depends on the hairs growth cycle from where it was implanted. 

Say someone had 4k grafts implanted and lets say about 50% of that was about to shed already. It would probably take 3-6 months just for it to start sprouting. 

Now im not saying thats always the case but there are always some kinds of measures we cant really tell just by looking. Im hoping this is one of them. My hopes are that OP grows a lot by month 9, 12, and 16.

Fair play bro, but in all the threads I've seen I don't think I remembered more than two or three where six months was poor and then it took off after that. Hope I am wrong too and OP gets a result.

• Like 2

Depends

Frontal scalp I have seen improved drastically from month 8 to 10 many times but usually by month 7 you have 75% of the result. I normally don't see great results after 7 months either but it does happen.

For the Crown it takes 12 months at least, it's super slow