Dr. Mwamba's FUE 2200 grafts work 7 months review

Dhcyoo

5 hours ago, RTC said:

Fair play bro, but in all the threads I've seen I don't think I remembered more than two or three where six months was poor and then it took off after that. Hope I am wrong too and OP gets a result.

yea that's true, its really just hard to tell at this moment. Especially with only photos. Sometimes it looks worse in photos but a little better in reality and sometimes it looks better in photos and not so much in reality. I guess only time will tell.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

It is a little disappointing that posters aren't supported more considering how heartbreaking it is to have a failed result, after all the time, money, high expectations put into surgery.

There is a high chance OP you will not have a satisfactory result and it looks like your yield is about 50% or even worse, just objectively speaking.

Your immediate post op photos look good, but do you have 10 day out photos after washing out the scabs? That is a good indicator of what the result "should" look like down the road.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, asterix0 said:

It is a little disappointing that posters aren't supported more considering how heartbreaking it is to have a failed result, after all the time, money, high expectations put into surgery.

There is a high chance OP you will not have a satisfactory result and it looks like your yield is about 50% or even worse, just objectively speaking.

Your immediate post op photos look good, but do you have 10 day out photos after washing out the scabs? That is a good indicator of what the result "should" look like down the road.

the last 2 photos in my original message is actually 8th day. And you can see significantly less number of plants/hair there...

On 9/14/2022 at 3:53 AM, RTC said:

Fair play bro, but in all the threads I've seen I don't think I remembered more than two or three where six months was poor and then it took off after that. Hope I am wrong too and OP gets a result.

I appreciate you naming that. I totally agree. I have never seen growth that was weak around 7-8 months becoming "WOAH that's a big improvement" at 12 or 16 months. If anyone seen it please do share.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I really appreciate your empathy and just sitting in with my deep dissapointment and the heartbreak after spending so much of my resources... the comments about "just wait 12 months!" may be true logically, it doesn't really help much emotionally. and my hope is that in community like this, where i'd like to think that we're reading this because we ALL know what it feels like to be emotionally hurt/sad/dissapointed, we would be able to support one another more emotionally. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Dhcyoo i am a nj mwamba patient myself. On day of surgery they make you sign a patient intake form where you have options 1) only use the # of grafts stated in the consult or 2)let mwamba go over this amount at his discretion or 3) set a specific quantity of grafts you can choose to go over the predetermined amount

Im just curious what you chose? Perhaps Mwamba deliberately did not go over a previously agreed upon graft count #

For what its worth i gave mwamba complete freedom and ended up with 1k more grafts than the consult stated. 

It stung a bit to spend $5k more than i was anticipating, but i consider it a great ROI

Edited by HappyMan2021

2 hours ago, Dhcyoo said:

the last 2 photos in my original message is actually 8th day. And you can see significantly less number of plants/hair there...

Ok, but in those photos the scabs are not washed off correct? Do you have any photos right after you washed the scabs and you can see just the hair?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Time line of hair growth after surgery varies a lot from patient to patient .

If you read the textbook of hair transplant surgery , it stipulates that :

-At 6 months , you should expect 50% growth , at 9 months , 90% of growth and at 12 months , 100 %.

we have seen very good result at 6 month and we also witnessed some delayed result up to 12 month.

A lot of clinics post their result at 6 month because it has a wow effect .It doesn't mean that all the results have to occur at that time .

What is the Hair cycle timeline in general ?

Anagen phase ( or growing phase ); 4 to 6 years 

Catagen phase ( or involution phase 😞 3 to 4 weeks 

Telogen phase ( resting phase ) : 3 to 6 months .

Hairs grow at the speed of 1 cm per month ( roughly ) .

After a hair transplant surgery , grafts go through the catagen phase ( that's the reason of hair shedding 3 weeks to 4 weeks after the surgery ) .

From that point , it enters the telogen phase;it means , the hairs will start to grow either around 4 months post op or 6 months post op .

If it started to grow at 4 month post op , expect to notice it around 6 month; but if it started to grow after 6 months in telogen phase ; the first grow will occur at 7 months post op and you will notice result around 9 months post op .

From 9 month to 12 month , it is  usually hair maturation that will occur .That's the rationale behind this timeline.

We use all means to speed up the process : medical therapy , vitamins intake , etc...

If no shedding post op , expect full result by the 3rd or 4th month after surgery .

The further you wait , the less the probability of great result but we have cases that surprised us .Again , guidelines purpose is to help us and not to cover our behinds .Patience is a key factor in this particular surgery .

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 6 months later...