Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

It seems Dr. Barghouthi is the only one keeping verteporfin hope alive.

I respect Dr. Barghouthi for being the first to try, but after 2 years when I see no other doctor trying this (Except Dr. Bloxham of course, but there is no clear indication he will continue) I respect Dr. Barghouthi even more.

At some point with what Dr Barghouthi has done, other drs will pick up on it. If we time travel 20 years from now I can almost guarantee verteporfin (unless something even greater came a long) will be used in lots of HTs and maybe even the treatment of certain surgeries that produce scars. 

• Like 2

A quote from Verteporfin Group "Geoffrey Gurtner is part of the team. I sent him two mesaages on linkedin and he replied. Maybe you can contact him to ask him as I don't want to seam pushy by keep asking him things. I asked him when will it be available, he said it should be in a couple of years and I also asked him if it makes old scars go away and he said in animal testing it does but they don't have human testing yet."

45 minutes ago, sansi said:

A quote from Verteporfin Group "Geoffrey Gurtner is part of the team. I sent him two mesaages on linkedin and he replied. Maybe you can contact him to ask him as I don't want to seam pushy by keep asking him things. I asked him when will it be available, he said it should be in a couple of years and I also asked him if it makes old scars go away and he said in animal testing it does but they don't have human testing yet."

If true that would be a great news. If verteporfin worked on older scars of animals, theoretically should have the same mechanism in humans.

Hey guys 

I want to prepare to use Vert in a FUE procedure. I am convinced of its efficacy, but even more its safety profile, it is about as safe to use as any medication could be, its intended use is to be injected into EYEBALLS for macular degeneration so I think all should be okay haha. and even if I get only as low as a 10-20% regrowth rate I will still be happy although my expectation is much more than that. I have a three-step plan to do this: 

1) buy generic verteporfin online from an online pharmacy. or visudyne if i could get my hands on some.

2) have it independently tested for purity

3) begin approaching doctors and request this to be injected into the donor at the end of an FUE.

An additional step i may take is marking out a small area i.e 1cm squared, counting the follicles in it and counting further down the line how many are there after the procedure to test regrowth rate . 

I hope I do not hit too much of a roadblock at no.3 but if I show the safety profile of this drug as well as the further chemical testing for peace of mind as well as offer more money(the most important part), I think it should be very possible to find a doctor who is willing to inject it at the end of the FUE. I understand that the worst case is that I have spent an extra couple of Ks with nothing to show for it, as long as confidently present this fact to a doctor I think I could get 1 onboard. I do have some questions, however:

a.) how should Vertoporfin be stored? does it need to be kept at a certain temp or is room temp okay?

b.) As I understand it the current dose that looks to be the most effective is 0.4mg per Centimetre squared right? And it was injected directly into the FUE wounds? or equally across each centimetre?

c) I have read that vert can't be subjected to light as it is photosensitive? Are there any other facts about the handling of this drug that should be known so i can relay this to the doctor.

I am willing to document how this is all panning out if i could get some help answering these questions.

Thnks 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Hey guys 

I want to prepare to use Vert in a FUE procedure. I am convinced of its efficacy, but even more its safety profile, it is about as safe to use as any medication could be, its intended use is to be injected into EYEBALLS for macular degeneration so I think all should be okay haha. and even if I get only as low as a 10-20% regrowth rate I will still be happy although my expectation is much more than that. I have a three-step plan to do this: 

1) buy generic verteporfin online from an online pharmacy. or visudyne if i could get my hands on some.

3) begin approaching doctors and request this to be injected into the donor at the end of an FUE.

An additional step i may take is marking out a small area i.e 1cm squared, counting the follicles in it and counting further down the line how many are there after the procedure to test regrowth rate . 

I hope I do not hit too much of a roadblock at no.3 but if I show the safety profile of this drug as well as the further chemical testing for peace of mind as well as offer more money(the most important part), I think it should be very possible to find a doctor who is willing to inject it at the end of the FUE. I understand that the worst case is that I have spent an extra couple of Ks with nothing to show for it, as long as confidently present this fact to a doctor I think I could get 1 onboard. I do have some questions, however:

a.) how should Vertoporfin be stored? does it need to be kept at a certain temp or is room temp okay?

b.) As I understand it the current dose that looks to be the most effective is 0.4mg per Centimetre squared right? And it was injected directly into the FUE wounds? or equally across each centimetre?

c) I have read that vert can't be subjected to light as it is photosensitive? Are there any other facts about the handling of this drug that should be known so i can relay this to the doctor.

I am willing to document how this is all panning out if i could get some help answering these questions.

Thnks 

I imagine you’ll find some resistance due to liability concerns. But it will be awesome if you can do this.

Regarding question a, All chemicals and compounds have something called a Materials and Safety Data Sheet. I googled this along with the drug name and came across a couple of what look like online chemical manufacturers or online pharmaceutical companies and they have their own data sheet for the drug and have respective sections for safety, handling and storage etc. Here are the first 2 I saw.

https://cdn.caymanchem.com/cdn/msds/17334m.pdf

https://www.selleckchem.com/msds/MSDS_S1786.pdf

Just now, Der3k7 said:

I imagine you’ll find some resistance due to liability concerns. But it will be awesome if you can do this.

Regarding question a, All chemicals and compounds have something called a Materials and Safety Data Sheet. I googled this along with the drug name and came across a couple of what look like online chemical manufacturers or online pharmaceutical companies and they have their own data sheet for the drug and have respective sections for safety, handling and storage etc. Here are the first 2 I saw.

https://cdn.caymanchem.com/cdn/msds/17334m.pdf

https://www.selleckchem.com/msds/MSDS_S1786.pdf

I'd say your best chance is to just contact Dr. Barghouthi for a transplant and request for verteporfin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Hey guys 

Thnks 

Will this be your first HT ?

Dr. Barghouthi mentioned that he found a reliable source of verteporfin and ordered some. You better contact him and let him handle storage, preparation etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Hey guys 

Thnks 

Dr Bargouthi would be able to do this, as confirmed by his previous post advising it was done on someone not participating in the trial. 

He isn't advertising it, I imagine, as it would be unethical to do so. 

If you were going to do this, it would be the most sensible option to go with the doctor who has used the medication before and has a reliable source. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

Hey guys 

Thnks 

Verteporfin is light sensitive. I think it needs to be activated with some light and then kept out of light for some time. Application is not so easy. Just go to Dr Bargouthi to get an hair transplant. 

I would advise wait for 12 month mark of Dr Bloxham's trials, at the 12 month things will be very clear for hair transplant surgeons.

Edited by bigmistake
  • Like 2

Hello guys,

since 2015, the year I (M/32/NW3) realized and lost hope that anything new will appear on the market, no other drug in the pipeline could motivate me to participate again on an HT forum. But since I saw this scarring Vert. trial and with the fact in my mind that I want and need an HT, I follow the news about Vert. regularly. I'm happy that Dr. Barghouthi is so enthusiastic with the trials. I really can't imagine why Verteporfin is not worth the time and effort for other Surgeons, especially when having in mind the chance/risk ratio. In my view, it's a HUGE Unique Selling point, so big that I would fly around the globe for my first HT to a surgeon who use it. When we see some better pictures in the next few months, I would be interested to have my first HT by Dr. Barghouthi.

BTW: had someone contacted some Turkish clinics like Dr. Erdogan/AsMed? 

@Melvin- Admin I saw that you had your last HT in India @Eugenix Hair Science  Could you not convince some doctors there to try?

Edited by Imotski
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 2/12/2024 at 4:04 PM, Imotski said:

Hello guys,

since 2015, the year I (M/32/NW3) realized and lost hope that anything new will appear on the market, no other drug in the pipeline could motivate me to participate again on an HT forum. But since I saw this scarring Vert. trial and with the fact in my mind that I want and need an HT, I follow the news about Vert. regularly. I'm happy that Dr. Barghouthi is so enthusiastic with the trials. I really can't imagine why Verteporfin is not worth the time and effort for other Surgeons, especially when having in mind the chance/risk ratio. In my view, it's a HUGE Unique Selling point, so big that I would fly around the globe for my first HT to a surgeon who use it. When we see some better pictures in the next few months, I would be interested to have my first HT by Dr. Barghouthi.

BTW: had someone contacted some Turkish clinics like Dr. Erdogan/AsMed? 

@Melvin- Admin I saw that you had your last HT in India @Eugenix Hair Science  Could you not convince some doctors there to try?

I have reached out to Dr. Sethi, but there wasn’t a lot of interest. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am getting conflicting messages on the correct temperature Verteporfin should be stored at whilst in powdered form - does Visudyne (with its other added ingredients) have a different storage temperature than Verteporfin from China? 

Some are saying to keep Verteporfin in a cool dry dark place, whilst others are saying it should be stored at 4 degrees Celsius.

I have just been storing my Verteporfin in a drawer for the last month - is it ruined? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Dear @DrTBarghouthi you rightly don't want to share the date of trials.

But Can you please mention the month of the trials so we don't check this forum many times daily for possible updates ?

Yeah that would be perfect I was on a date with a girl and I literally checked this forum during my date haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/15/2024 at 8:09 PM, bigmistake said:

They won't experiment with patients till they are 100% sure it works.

Frustrating to hear that, because If HT surgeons don't do trials, nobody will do it. It's not a new oral drug. Totally different situation. 

On 2/7/2024 at 8:51 PM, Jonathan said:

At some point with what Dr Barghouthi has done, other drs will pick up on it. If we time travel 20 years from now I can almost guarantee verteporfin (unless something even greater came a long) will be used in lots of HTs and maybe even the treatment of certain surgeries that produce scars. 

Well, if other drs aren´t picking up on it now, why would they do it in 20 years?

The movement really needs new developments / successes in order to keep going and to maintain relevancy. Like a poster on th Dutch forum that I post on asked "If you guys are so convinced of this working, why aren't there more developments going on?". I did not have a real answer to this one.

Dr. Barghouthi's second trial starting would be more than welcome in that regard. It has been delayed for more than hald a year I think at this point. Possibly for very valid reasons, but to me they are unknown. In general, you would say that if you are so close to functionally curing hair loss, you would continue until you get there. 

10 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Well, if other drs aren´t picking up on it now, why would they do it in 20 years?

The movement really needs new developments / successes in order to keep going and to maintain relevancy. Like a poster on th Dutch forum that I post on asked "If you guys are so convinced of this working, why aren't there more developments going on?". I did not have a real answer to this one.

Dr. Barghouthi's second trial starting would be more than welcome in that regard. It has been delayed for more than hald a year I think at this point. Possibly for very valid reasons, but to me they are unknown. In general, you would say that if you are so close to functionally curing hair loss, you would continue until you get there. 

I think the main thing that needs to happen is the shortage of verteporfin needs to end so more surgeons can use it. I mean it’s just an injection, it’s not like it’s some new drug or technology, it’s fda approved.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:15 PM, David149 said:

I think the main thing that needs to happen is the shortage of verteporfin needs to end so more surgeons can use it. I mean it’s just an injection, it’s not like it’s some new drug or technology, it’s fda approved.

Nothing to do with that. 

There just isn't enough evidence for it to be incorporated. 

We would probably need at the very minimum 5 cases of it working effectively before doctors start incorporating it. 

It would be unethical to advertise it when we only have one complete case report for FUE

This is why Dr Barghouthi is not openly advertising it as part of his clinic. 

As promising as the results are, it would be insane for a doctor to unnecessarily stake their reputation on it. 

One thing is for sure, once a few doctors start incorporating it into their practice, it will spread very quickly. 

We just need more results. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 3

@DrTBarghouthi wanted to thank you again, I hoped more surgeons will join but it seems you're the only hope now.

While we are waiting for the new trials (hopefully soon to happen) , I would like to ask if the patient who had full FUE (not trial) healing well and did he agree to share photos ?

Also any plans to assess first trial patient donor with the tricho device ?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sansi said:

@DrTBarghouthi wanted to thank you again, I hoped more surgeons will join but it seems you're the only hope now.

While we are waiting for the new trials (hopefully soon to happen) , I would like to ask if the patient who had full FUE (not trial) healing well and did he agree to share photos ?

Also any plans to assess first trial patient donor with the tricho device ?

I wouldn't say the only hope. Don't forget about Dr Bloxham's trial with three patients. 

Even if no further trials are conducted, another doctor would pick this up eventually. 

The sooner we have more data, the quicker this will be implemented as standard. 

Verteporfin also seems to becoming more of a thing with wound recovery checking Realself. 

Hopefully @DrTBarghouthi can share the photos as it would be another giant leap in the right direction. 

• Like 4

3 days away from a month since Bloxham’s last update. It was 6 months since the start , but showed the 5 month results. Hopefully we see 7 month results soon

• Like 1

so i regret to inform you all that the user that was using simvastatin on his scar, the scar returned, but he got verteporfin and has been using it since on the wound with microneedling. This is how his wound looks now... it's the pic on the right

IMG_20240219_151224_582.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, takuma said:

so i regret to inform you all that the user that was using simvastatin on his scar, the scar returned, but he got verteporfin and has been using it since on the wound with microneedling. This is how his wound looks now... it's the pic on the right

IMG_20240219_151224_582.jpg

Do you have a link?

I wonder how long after the injection the second pic was?

Edited by Dragonsphere