Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

if verteporfin works! it's a Godsend for weak donors and diffuse thinners also and anyone with massive hair loss but not enough donor for full coverage with traditional HT, they will be a able to achieve full coverage ... everyone will be able to become a Norwood zero the way it's supposed to be

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fox243 said:

The doc is close to ready. I will share it here and people can help make edits: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit?usp=sharing

Looks awesome!

Maybe a slight addition could be made with regards to the sourcing and the pricing of verteporfin? Docs could then have an idea how much a trial would cost them and what they would have to do actually get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Square1 said:

Looks awesome!

Maybe a slight addition could be made with regards to the sourcing and the pricing of verteporfin? Docs could then have an idea how much a trial would cost them and what they would have to do actually get it.

The issue is that the sourcing and pricing really depends on the region, but I gave an estimate on pricing.

• Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Fox243 said:

The doc is close to ready. I will share it here and people can help make edits: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s3JkF9woMIebkXbpE_UxrjBfNy9i7AuBclDqn9HGrAo/edit?usp=sharing

I shared this with @Dr.Ratchathorn Panchaprate she has a background in clinical research and has several published peer-reviewed articles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

She’s also studying hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which is an interesting treatment.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

18 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Thank you. Maybe you should add and emphasize also Maschrak and Talbott papers. They provide very good details about Red Duroc Pig and human Xenograft skin trials.

Also does vert cost $200 ? Isn't it like $1800 ?

28 minutes ago, sansi said:

Thank you. Maybe you should add and emphasize also Maschrak and Talbott papers. They provide very good details about Red Duroc Pig and human Xenograft skin trials.

It's $1800 for visudyne, but vert itself is quite cheap: https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sansi said:

Yeah, I added it to the links section but honestly it's going to be hard to have someone read a 300 page doc

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Yes, visudyne is just the name brand, just as Propecia is the name brand for finasteride.

Good to hear, I too thought that there was one way to get the stuff: for $2000 from just one German manufacturer. Didn't know there were generics.

I am not aware at all in the medical field, but is medchemexpress.com a reliable site? It soundsrather shaky :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Good to hear, I too thought that there was one way to get the stuff: for $2000 from just one German manufacturer. Didn't know there were generics.

I am not aware at all in the medical field, but is medchemexpress.com a reliable site? It soundsrather shaky :)

Selleck and medchemexpress are pretty reputable. 

16 hours ago, Fox243 said:

It's $1800 for visudyne, but vert itself is quite cheap: https://www.medchemexpress.com/Verteporfin.html

somebody should definitely check if that stuff is legit before its being used. it would be a pity of a bad outcome caused by fake or poor quality verteporfin would discourage further trials

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

somebody should definitely check if that stuff is legit before its being used. it would be a pity of a bad outcome caused by fake or poor quality verteporfin would discourage further trials

Yeah getting a bottle lab tested might be a good idea

If its indian generic pharma though it should be legit

22 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Yeah getting a bottle lab tested might be a good idea

If its indian generic pharma though it should be legit

I just had another doctor in Europe reach out to me about verteporfin. I will keep his name anonymous until he wishes to make it public. However, he also needs help with sourcing. Does anybody else have any ideas about places to source from? ideally we'd source visudyne, but if not, verteporfin from a very trusted place is fine as well.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Fox243 said:

I just had another doctor in Europe reach out to me about verteporfin. I will keep his name anonymous until he wishes to make it public. However, he also needs help with sourcing. Does anybody else have any ideas about places to source from? ideally we'd source visudyne, but if not, verteporfin from a very trusted place is fine as well.

he could try to contact cheplapharn directly maybe

https://www.cheplapharm.com/en/contact/

but then when its so much more expensive then india then idk - as a doctor he probably wont get problems with european customs if ordering medicine from india?

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Does Dr. Barghouthi use visudyne ? Is it easier to source in Jordan ?

Edited by Nikoni

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

he could try to contact cheplapharn directly maybe

https://www.cheplapharm.com/en/contact/

but then when its so much more expensive then india then idk - as a doctor he probably wont get problems with european customs if ordering medicine from india?

Is this a German company? Will they ship to South America?

View my thread

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

fwiw, Dr. Pittella said he's fine with using generic verteporfin. I had sent his nurse links to medchemexpress and selleck, which have facilities in Brazil. Unfortunately, he doesn't have an international import license, so I'm not sure if he can ship from Germany to South America.

28 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

Does Dr. Barghouthi use visudyne ? Is it easier to source in Jordan ?

No, he uses verteporfin

30 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

yes its a german company and if understand it correctly they have right for visudyne (verteporfin) right now*...

however if cheaper generics from india are already available, even better. as long as there are legit and somehow legal (last part is probably important for doctors, i remember getting my finasteride from india once intercepted by customs but i guess as a doctor you have more rights in that regard)

VISUDYNE is a registered trademark of Cheplapharm Arzneimittel GmbH used under license. 
Bausch + Lomb, Focus on Access and RETISERT are trademarks of Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates.
© 2023 Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates. VID.0310.USA.21“

https://www.bauschretinarx.com/visudyne/ecp/about/