Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Would love if you could get the Dr’s opinion on how it looks visually – like were the hairs regrown terminal or vellus hairs? Does this actually look like a cure? 

I don’t think it’s a cure, but it’s definitely something to add. He provided me with photos. I’ll be sharing them shortly. Did it regrow all the hair? No. But it definitely looks visually better. I think some hair grew back, or the least it reduced the scarring.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Monthly Podcast.png

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

T looks way better, don’t know if that’s an old photo previously posted but that’s an obvious difference lol.

Those are the most recent photos. 

• Like 1

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think it’s a cure, but it’s definitely something to add. He provided me with photos. I’ll be sharing them shortly. Did it regrow all the hair? No. But it definitely looks visually better. I think some hair grew back, or the least it reduced the scarring.

If the procedure leaves the patient with significantly more (healthy) hair after than before and can be repeated, that functionally is a cure right? 

Admittedly, a nw7 would have to undertake a lot of treatments, downtime, money and patience to get a full coverage again, but given those conditions are true, it should be possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Square1 said:

If the procedure leaves the patient with significantly more (healthy) hair after than before and can be repeated, that functionally is a cure right? 

Admittedly, a nw7 would have to undertake a lot of treatments, downtime, money and patience to get a full coverage again, but given those conditions are true, it should be possible. 

Unfortunately we don't know if any hair grew back at all. I think we will need another study to be done with specific markings/ tattoos where follicles have been extracted to know if verteporfin is growing back any donor hairs at all, because it's hard to tell just looking at the scalp directly without any markings.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, takuma said:

Unfortunately we don't know if any hair grew back at all. I think we will need another study to be done with specific markings/ tattoos where follicles have been extracted to know if verteporfin is growing back any donor hairs at all, because it's hard to tell just looking at the scalp directly without any markings.

or you do an fut, half treated, half untreated

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

or you do an fut, half treated, half untreated

Yeah, that would be good, But I think it would be better if followed the same format as this trial. He could have a control section and three or more test sections which he might need to find a way to mark so that they can be identified througout the trial because I'm assuming he would be trying different doses and concentrations. It might be good to also test it in the recipient area and see if new hair sprouts after wounding the area and applying verteporfin after closing the wound.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think it’s important to remember this is a first test. It’s undoubtedly better than the control, if we can continue to improve upon these results than it still may end up being a real “cure”. As it stands now I still think any hair transplant patient would take the test area over the control. Is it perfect yet? No, but it’s a hell of a lot better than what’s available to patients now. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, MrFox said:

I think it’s important to remember this is a first test. It’s undoubtedly better than the control, if we can continue to improve upon these results than it still may end up being a real “cure”. As it stands now I still think any hair transplant patient would take the test area over the control. Is it perfect yet? No, but it’s a hell of a lot better than what’s available to patients now. 

I agree, make sure you guys tune in, @DrTBarghouthiwill be sharing exclusive content for the community in the podcast. There’s so much more to test, including dosage. 

• Like 4

View my thread

I've seen a few comments about wounding the recipient area and injecting Vertoportfin in hopes that native hair would grow which doesn't make sense. Verteporfin blocks scarring and we know that DHT is responsible for AGA, what good would it be to wound the recipient area just for it to recover and continue to get attacked by DHT, theoretically it would make little to no difference. (potentially)Unlimited grafts that are DHT-resistant is the dream here. No more hormone-altering or collagen-reducing drugs are needed. I am looking forward to the next test to see if higher dosages are more effective and see how the regrowth percentage can be accurately measured. 

5 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

I've seen a few comments about wounding the recipient area and injecting Vertoportfin in hopes that native hair would grow which doesn't make sense. Verteporfin blocks scarring and we know that DHT is responsible for AGA, what good would it be to wound the recipient area just for it to recover and continue to get attacked by DHT, theoretically it would make little to no difference. (potentially)Unlimited grafts that are DHT-resistant is the dream here. No more hormone-altering or collagen-reducing drugs are needed. I am looking forward to the next test to see if higher dosages are more effective and see how the regrowth percentage can be accurately measured. 

People are excited by that prospect because it would potentially mean a full head or hair as long as one stays on fin or dut 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

One thought i had is possibly the new hair that's forming after verteporfin is not dht sensitive to the degree that miniaturized hairs are or If thick robust hairs form after verteporfin to the scalp then you can essentially get all ur hair back without a transplant, sure dht will keep attacking those follicles but that could be a slow process, and if it works then you can just repeat the treatment when the follicles miniaturize again, and it also helps for future drugs that might come out to maintain those results. Plus it would save you from traumatizing the scalp over and over by extracting follicles from the donor and applying verteporfin and then coming back after the Donor has recovered and doing it again and repeating till u have full coverage. If wounding the recipient area can take you to full coverage again then why not do it that way.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

It's all about choices. If the idea of taking any drugs does not seem like a cure, then it probably is not the solution for you. I don't think anyone believes the follicles in the balding area would not be susceptible to miniaturization. Luckily, we have drugs that prevent or significantly slowdown that process, including oral and topical solutions. There is strong evidence that wounding induces follicle neogenesis on any part of the scalp, not just the DHT resistant area. Which makes the most sense, it would be extremely strange if the follicles only grew back on the back of your head and nowhere else on your body. The research does not support this, especially seeing that the drug is being used for scarring all over the body. The follicles that would most likely grow back in the balding area would not be miniaturized, as we know that process is relatively slow, and the drugs prevent that miniaturization by not allowing the DHT to bind to follicle. Yes, if you stopped the drugs, it is highly likely those follicles would miniaturize. This is the big disadvantage to that approach; however, I believe it has advantages as well. I believe the procedure would be less invasive. I think it would be less time intensive on a hair clinic staff, meaning it would take less time and therefore potentially less money for the consumer. I think it works for patients for balding areas that normally could not be treated by hair transplantation, for example retrograde alopecia. Finally, I think the results would be more likely to look natural, as you are allowing the body to replicate your own natural hair growth patterns, hair follicle distribution, color, etc. Again, it's all about having choices, and I don't think trying to limit research in one way or another is helpful way to approach this. We don't know how this drug fully works yet and we need to continue testing to find out its optimal usage. 

• Like 1

I 100% agree that in an ideal world we can test every use of Vertoporfin, but right now there is only one clinical test lined up and limited testing being done and I think testing it on the recipient area would be a dud(my opinion). You say that "the follicles that regrow in the balding area would not be miniaturised"  but I think the opposite i think that if you were to punch out a miniaturised hair it would regrow miniaturised, Vertoporfin blocks scarring it will not make the hair go through cycles of regrowth, only consistent use of DHT blockers will do that, and research that shows wounding aids regrowth suggests stem cells is the cause, idk if Vert would aid in that regard tbh but even if it did you could be just as well off microneedling. This leads me to believe that if you were to punch out a miniturised hair it would not regrow a completely healthy hair follicle, it would just regrow whatever was in the area that you extracted or injured. However punch out  healthy DHT resistant follicle and block scarring and one should hopefully regrow.I hope this made sense & hopefully we can eventually test recipient area vert and I can be proven wrong for those who want to use Vert this way. 

• Like 1

Yes, given the limited time and resources, I think the highest return on investment is to do a larger FUE with better markings and techniques to know for sure if there’s a statistically significant difference.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Its gonna be streaming from our YouTube channel. Once you click it you’ll see us live. 

https://youtube.com/@HairTransplantNetwork

View my thread

• Administrators

Give me a few minutes guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread