Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

I'm still having a tricky time trying to see where the scar tissue is. It seems like they all healed up pretty well to me. Comparing this update and the last update, it looks like Y was the control? Or maybe Z? 

Im also a bit confused about the scar tissue. Like is there still an observable difference between T and C in terms of scar tissue structure, development etc.? Feel like it was easier to spot the difference between T and C in previous follow-ups.

2 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

scar tissue is circular areas which have 0 rugged skin and are whiteish/pinkish, whereas in T zones there is no apparent scarring and everything looks rugged

I still don't notice a difference. I can spot some cloudy white parts where around the follicles where the skin is lifting a bit due to the follicle growing out, but that's it. 

@Melvin- Moderator what’s your feeling on this so far? Since you did the podcast, this seems to have garnered a LOT of attention … 

to me, this is the biggest breakthrough that we’ve seen in …. Well as long as I’ve been around! Even 50% enhancement in scarring (which seems to be where we are right now, at this snapshot in time) would be groundbreaking … would you agree? 

Dr. B is an amazing man. Id be happy to provide financial support for future test subjects or anything related moving forward.

Honestly I’d be happy just sending him some money as a thank you!!!! 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Ganderson said:

@Melvin- Moderator what’s your feeling on this so far? Since you did the podcast, this seems to have garnered a LOT of attention … 

to me, this is the biggest breakthrough that we’ve seen in …. Well as long as I’ve been around! Even 50% enhancement in scarring (which seems to be where we are right now, at this snapshot in time) would be groundbreaking … would you agree? 

Dr. B is an amazing man. Id be happy to provide financial support for future test subjects or anything related moving forward.

Honestly I’d be happy just sending him some money as a thank you!!!! 

Bases on the recent results this looks VERY promising. 
image.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, these preliminary results are looking more promising than anything else in the last decade or more! My goodness, just the reduction in scarring alone could be breakthrough worthy, but now we're potentially even seeing signs of early regrowth?

Part of me doesn't want to get excited, since we've been hearing "the cure is just around the corner" for the last 10+ years, but boy is it difficult not to.

I cannot believe we might just be among the first few people on this earth to witness what may be the beginnings of an incredible milestone in cosmetic surgery. Imagine what the inhibition of scarring could do for the plastic surgery industry also!

And all we need to wait... I definitely will be on the edge of my seat waiting for new updates to come in!

Thank you Dr. Barghouthi, and everyone who volunteered to help this project. You're doing god's work!

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, hairman22 said:

it wont regrow all the donor hair.

But i think it is getting getting carried away to say that the scars being healed looks very promising that some hair wlll grow back

Id say the wound looks to be healing differently than the control. Its not taking the normal scar path and just laying down a ton of collegen. So it will take much longer to fully heal. I think we'll continue to see wound improvement. Its already done more than any other treatment at regenerating non existent follicles. By which I mean it actually works. Its still incredibly early and like a transplant may take a year to see full results so don't sell its potential short just yet. Even 50% regrowth would be phenomenal, its still not fine tuned yet.

Edited by Ibrown51484

On 8/17/2022 at 7:30 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

50% regrowth would basically double the donor of everyone, essentially making everyone able to fully return to NW0. Even that, would be a massive win for hairloss. I consider it the cure as long as it yields >50% regen.

How would your donor not be infinite with 50% regen? You could restack your donor with this technique and always end up with 50% more follicles than before the procedure.

• Like 2

@DrTBarghouthi What size and type of punch was used for the extractions?

If the donor hair does end up regrowing to any extent, I think that for future experiments these would be a good parameters to know, and perhaps try out different ones. Perhaps a differently sized punch taking more or less skin out around the follicle, may affect the rate of donor regeneration?

Edited by alopeciaphobia

3 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

@DrTBarghouthi What size and type of punch was used for the extractions?

If the donor hair does end up regrowing to any extent, I think that for future experiments these would be a good parameters to know, and perhaps try out different ones. Perhaps a differently sized punch taking more or less skin out around the follicle, may affect the rate of donor regeneration?

We used 0.9 mm punches. The possibilities and variables can be numerous and would therefore have multiple studies that can come out: different dose, volumes, punch sizes, sites, injecting in recipient areas etc. 
We have to fine tune the next studies accordingly. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

We used 0.9 mm punches. The possibilities and variables can be numerous and would therefore have multiple studies that can come out: different dose, volumes, punch sizes, sites, injecting in recipient areas etc. 
We have to fine tune the next studies accordingly. 

Doctor, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you deeply for your efforts here. Even if these experiments don’t work out to something directly productive for the hair loss world, just know that there are many who feel indebted to you for even trying. 

and on a better note, I hope that this is a complete solution not just for hair loss but for other medical issues (scarring), and that you receive all reward fame and glory that life can offer! 

thank you for the advances and application of the medication doc, we appreciate it.

i suppose it comes down to how much verteprofin application would cost to the performance. but i guess rich enough people wouldn't mind even if it only yields like 20% regrowth, as it's a money they are able to spend easily.

Thank you all for your kind words guys. I really hope that we will have something that can significantly improve the hair loss industry and scarring.!

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 hours ago, mafpe said:

thank you for the advances and application of the medication doc, we appreciate it.

i suppose it comes down to how much verteprofin application would cost to the performance. but i guess rich enough people wouldn't mind even if it only yields like 20% regrowth, as it's a money they are able to spend easily.

Verteporfin is a cheap drug, in essence hair loss surgeons would benefit mostly from the fact that people could afford more transplants over their lifespan, so the average guy will have more transplants than usual and also less scarring will attract more customers I think. 

Guessing out the perfect technique through several trials is not cheap though, that will get costly and will take time. Im sure many people here would volunteer to participate in that though lol.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

11 hours ago, Square1 said:

How would your donor not be infinite with 50% regen? You could restack your donor with this technique and always end up with 50% more follicles than before the procedure.

Well, it is technically infinite but the recursive process would involve a smaller and smaller HT every time which is not cost/time effective 

4 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Verteporfin is a cheap drug, in essence hair loss surgeons would benefit mostly from the fact that people could afford more transplants over their lifespan, so the average guy will have more transplants than usual and also less scarring will attract more customers I think. 

Guessing out the perfect technique through several trials is not cheap though, that will get costly and will take time. Im sure many people here would volunteer to participate in that though lol.

i see... depend on the success and demand, price would rise most likely. i think clinic providing that can offer the option to willing client, and if it is cheap, i'd say many of the people who researched for information on donor availability would take it, especially for lower end norwood people. it won't make much difference for NW 1-3 people maybe, but it'd change the game and world for those unluckier.

2 hours ago, mafpe said:

i see... depend on the success and demand, price would rise most likely. i think clinic providing that can offer the option to willing client, and if it is cheap, i'd say many of the people who researched for information on donor availability would take it, especially for lower end norwood people. it won't make much difference for NW 1-3 people maybe, but it'd change the game and world for those unluckier.

I think that unless we're speaking of a few hundred grafts or less, it's almost always going to be worth paying the extra for. Even if you are a NW2 - NW3, having partial donor regeneration means you can achieve much higher recipient area densities, with much less risk not having enough donor hair left for a future operation. For example, even if only 1/3rd of the donor hair regenerates, this would mean that we could achieve 75 FUs/cm2 (almost native density) instead of 50 FUs/cm2 (normal reconstructed hairline density) in total, using the same amount of donor hair.

And since many people get their surgery now in their late twenties or early thirties, preserving as much donor hair as possible is extremely important as they may recede further.

Edited by alopeciaphobia

5 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Well, it is technically infinite but the recursive process would involve a smaller and smaller HT every time which is not cost/time effective 

Even if the donor would partially regenerate, and you would therefore technically create extra hairs, we don't know if that hair will grow back in a more and more miniaturized way after every extraction, and therefore would may not be infinitely repeatable.

Though there are many exciting ideas to explore, e.g., perhaps if one extracts from one half of the donor area into another half of the donor area, and vice versa in a next surgery a year later, maybe that would effectively cultivating more donor hairs? Or perhaps, in patients who are already on a 5AR inhibitor, if one fully extracts miniaturized follicles in balded areas, then inject those sites with a certain dose of verteporfin, maybe more healthy hairs grow back from scratch due to being in a low-DHT environment from day 1? Or perhaps extracting empty scalp skin in between follicular units results in a similar probability of a new hair growing there compared to extracting scalp skin containing follicles, and we don't need to extract actual hairs at all?

Lots of theories that are worth putting to the test.

Edited by alopeciaphobia
  • Like 2