BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Podcast with Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Simon Pimstone July 6th

I am a pessimist and like as much info as I can find about what i am using. from Dr hassons earlier podcast i believe he had mentioned that the ingredient in the topical forms a gel like mesh at the subdermal layer to prevent the finasteride from growing into systemic circulation. What is this ingredient? are there any negative consequences of whatever the ingredient is that forms the gel like mesh? will it effect the blood supply etc. Will there be a toxic build up over time?

Would like more scientific detail about the ingerdients in the product.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Also, guys, if you’re interested in getting a free year supply and you don’t mind being shown in the podcast send me a pm. 

Don't know what you mean by being "shown on the podcast", but if you ever want to show my thread in any podcast, I'm fine with that, regardless of free anything or whatever.  

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

Thank @Melvin- Moderator. I'll be keeping this date set aside! I'd like to ask as a Norwood 7 what are the best options for us Norwood 7's to keep their scalp donor strong? How can we prevent the lateral humps from dropping if we can't tolerate oral finasteride/dutasteride? 🙏

• Like 1

Crowd pulling questions:

1. Do they foresee the end of hair transplants as we know it? If younger people start arresting their hair loss at a young age with a medication that works and causes no side effects, fewer and fewer people are going to need hair transplants.

2. Will this get mass produced so that it helps millions across the globe over the next decade or so?

Not a crowd pulling question:

3. Is it wise to use this for people who have had beard and body hair transplanted on their scalps? Isn't Finasteride known to not encourage the growth of beard and body hair?

Edited by bald-and-bearded
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, bald-and-bearded said:

3. Is it wise to use this for people who have had beard and body hair transplanted on their scalps? Isn't Finasteride known to not encourage the growth of beard and body hair?

This is an excellent question and one I had a while ago.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, sukh123 said:

“Free supply if you appear on the podcast” with all due respect this seems more like a sales pitch than a podcast. Has anyone seen the clinical trials from this product, because the product on sale now and I can’t find no clinical trials released for the product, which is fishy to me . 

It’s not if you appear on the podcast, it’s if you’re approved live. They will be offering a free year supply to those who agree to share their monthly reviews of the product here on the forum. We will be discussing the clinical trials on the podcast. No one is telling you to do anything, it’s purely voluntary. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Guys,

Let me clarify my statement. Dr. Hasson will be offering a free one-year supply to those who agree to share their review on the forum. You must be willing to update the thread monthly, as you would a hair transplant. You must also qualify. I meant some of you may share your photos with me, and Dr. Hasson can do a live qualification on the podcast with a diagnosis. It is not free, just to appear on the podcast. 

I think it’s a big statement to offer it free in exchange for a review. I do believe it works incredibly well, and is much safer than the oral version. I will be asking about micro-dosing as well. I’m not sure anyone has tried it. But I for one would be happy to start a journey here and try it. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

I am a pessimist and like as much info as I can find about what i am using. from Dr hassons earlier podcast i believe he had mentioned that the ingredient in the topical forms a gel like mesh at the subdermal layer to prevent the finasteride from growing into systemic circulation. What is this ingredient? are there any negative consequences of whatever the ingredient is that forms the gel like mesh? will it effect the blood supply etc. Will there be a toxic build up over time?

Would like more scientific detail about the ingerdients in the product.

Good question.

View my thread

Somewhat off topic, but any interest in asking about Verteporfin ?

I feel that since H&W have pioneered so much, not only surgical techniques but medications as well, they might be the best to pioneer use for this. 

There's the potential for graft regeneration which gets the most attention here, but I am mainly interested in scar reduction. Would be huge for those who need to relocate grafts from botched transplants, especially around the hairline. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HairRun said:

I feel that since H&W have pioneered so much, not only surgical techniques but medications as well, they might be the best to pioneer use for this. 

There's the potential for graft regeneration which gets the most attention here, but I am mainly interested in scar reduction. Would be huge for those who need to relocate grafts from botched transplants, especially around the hairline. 

We can definitely talk about that, honestly, it will be open, so anyone who joins will have two great minds. Pharmaceutical scientist and hair transplant pioneer. 

View my thread

2 hours ago, HairRun said:

I am looking at my schedule and I won't be able to make it 4pm PST July 6th, would appreciate if someone else can bring up Verteporfin. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I had a friend who would want to do the free year trial of the product.  Would he qualify if he lived in Brazil?

That's a good question. I'm not sure if they're shipping to Brazil. I believe they would, but I would have to double check

View my thread

• Administrators

Let me clarify if it will be available all over the world.

• Like 2

View my thread

On 7/1/2022 at 9:23 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

@Melvin- Moderatorthis might be a little unrelated but can you ask him why he’s so opposed to topical minoxidil? He even mentioned to me in person that it impacts surgeries. 

I second this request. I've heard the same thing and am very curious to here them go in depth on this. Please ask!

Edit: Actually my question is slightly different than 5Beta's. I am curious if they are opposed to topical minoxodil generally, and for what reasons (I've heard it has to do with collagen breakdown not isolated to the application area). Are they more in favor of oral min? 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators

I'll be sure to ask about topical minoxidil. I believe Dr. Hasson is against it, but I think Dr. Simon Pimstone is receptive to the idea of including minoxidil. 

It's OFFICIAL

Live Podcast.png

View my thread

On 7/3/2022 at 3:57 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

That's a good question. I'm not sure if they're shipping to Brazil. I believe they would, but I would have to double check

Wasn't the topical fin one limited to US/Can? Could've swore it was

• Administrators
Just now, GoliGoliGoli said:

Will it be available to listen to after the fact, or do you have to be there live to hear it? Apologies if dumb question

Yes, it will be saved on our YouTube channel. I will also post it here afterward. 

View my thread