Dr. Patrick Mwamba - my first HT surgery - June 2022

Leos

Wow! big difference from month 2-3 to 5
I am now month 3 post-op after an FUE fix with Mwamba, and I still see little to no signs of growth, unfortunately. 

Good luck to you! and this looks like it's going to be a success for you

51 minutes ago, Mike1J said:

Wow! big difference from month 2-3 to 5
I am now month 3 post-op after an FUE fix with Mwamba, and I still see little to no signs of growth, unfortunately. 

Good luck to you! and this looks like it's going to be a success for you

At 3 months you’d expect to see nearly nothing. Thats only when you’ll start seeomg the the first ‘signs of life’

• Like 1

Hi Leos.

Your hair growth looks good, but redness that lasts more than 5 months is not normal. What does your skin look like under the light? Is it perfectly even? Do you notice small bumps around the grafts or uneven, slightly raised skin at the hairline? I'm asking because I have seen chronic redness in people who have cobblestoning and rimming issues, but I hope that's not the case for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 1:27 AM, Leos said:

Hi guys,

Month 5 updates, a lot of hair comes out and is looking good. Still the redness didn’t disappear and I don’t understand why. Using topical dutasteride twice a week and Ph neutral shampoo every day.

2FE4B2E0-E935-4F5F-B497-50EBA0C66484.jpeg

F45B6FBC-9E8C-43F4-B7E6-E3B589BB573A.jpeg

F7009B44-4BC9-426C-9A31-D5B5F8E16B1E.jpeg

E17712EE-3AF8-4A1E-B873-26B46AFCC764.jpeg

1EEA6F4B-69B1-479B-81CB-AAD311B1B3C9.jpeg

Great results! You’re a fast grower. I had ongoing redness but it seems to slowly be fading. 

On 12/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, Matt3210 said:

Hi Leos.

Your hair growth looks good, but redness that lasts more than 5 months is not normal. What does your skin look like under the light? Is it perfectly even? Do you notice small bumps around the grafts or uneven, slightly raised skin at the hairline? I'm asking because I have seen chronic redness in people who have cobblestoning and rimming issues, but I hope that's not the case for you.

Hi Matt,

Skin is looking normal, no bumps or raised skin. 

On 12/16/2022 at 5:55 AM, WhereIsMyMind said:

So are you going for round 2 at 6 month mark, or you will wait more?

I’ll wait for few more months for the second round, but certainly I will do it again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazytimess said:
On 12/29/2022 at 10:13 PM, Leos said:

6 month update:

Great Results. I scheduled to have surgery with Mwamba in a few months. Would you have any recommendations on where to stay in Brussels?

Sure,

I highly recommend B&B HOTEL Brussels Centre Louise, it’s only 5 minutes walking from the clinic and definitely the best price/quality option. Rooms are amazing, big, clean, modern and very nice decorated.

D31A0B46-8B98-484B-914C-30D0C9773D69.jpeg

• Administrators

You literally look 15 years younger WOW. Dr. Mwamba his this one out of the park.

7781C459-5C18-4DDC-9BE2-EDF0EC990AC2.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Awesome result. Credit to Dr Mwamba.

Re. the redness. I have slightly different take on it.

The redness is a sign of blood near the surface of the scalp, right where you need it to nourishing the FU's.

It may have contributed to your impressive growth.

The redness will fade over time.

• Like 1