Dr. Patrick Mwamba - my first HT surgery - June 2022

Leos

On 8/14/2022 at 1:37 PM, Mixed93 said:

@Leos Looking forward to following your journey! :)  Did you have an in-person consultation or just a FaceTime consultation prior to booking surgery? What was the consultation like?

Hello, 

I just sent pictures and explained my situation by email, was enough for my case. The morning when I arrived at the clinic for the ht, we made a lot of tests, measurements and plans, this took 3 hours prior to the surgery.

• Like 1

Hi,

They give you a pink shampoo hibiscrub named to use for pimples; why you did not use? I had my surgery on february with them, i also had quite few pimples started 2 weeks after the transplant until 5 months. Contact Carine and she will explain what to do. Follow their instructions.

2 hours ago, Mike8000fue said:

Hi,

They give you a pink shampoo hibiscrub named to use for pimples; why you did not use? I had my surgery on february with them, i also had quite few pimples started 2 weeks after the transplant until 5 months. Contact Carine and she will explain what to do. Follow their instructions.

did you use that for pimples or ingrown hairs?

I've got a hard bump on my neck for weeks that just won't disappear

For pimples only, is for foliculites. For ingrow hairs in my case my wife took them away with her fingers and a needle. I had a lots of ingrow hairs in my beard where dr mwamba extracted the grafts.

Edited by Mike8000fue

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, Mike8000fue said:

Hi,

Hey Mike,

You realize that I already used the Hibiscrub several times for the pimples. First time I used it 4 days, then 4 days stopped, then again for 5 days and stopped, no results. But I got in touch with Dr. Mwamba which is very responsive and he told me to use it as long as I have the pimples, together with Doxycycline for 10 days. But I cannot find the Hibiscrub in my country at all. Anyway, right now looks like the problem got almost solved, I only can see one pimple 4-5 days away.

Hi,

You can find hibiscrub on amazon.co.uk from there i bought it a bottle of 500 ml and i used only when i had the pimples. Buy it from now to have it, is not expensive, the pimples can appear.

Strange is that at my first 2 hair transplants with other doctors i did not had pimples... Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Today I am 3 months post surgery. I can say that things are going well, didn’t had any pimples at all since 2 weeks ago and the hair started to grow a lot. Only thing is that the redness didn’t disappeared yet but I hope it will. Also started to use topical dutasteride 2 times per week. 

5D15EC7B-4AA5-4759-86D4-CA5316031DBC.jpeg

C23C31FB-EB0D-4D82-801F-091F9815FF7D.jpeg

854AF846-A814-458E-80FF-F92201F284FF.jpeg

A4237361-3F32-4F07-A47F-3F87FD735727.jpeg

• Like 2

This is looking great! Be patient with the redness, as that can definitely take longer to heal for many of us. I think mine lasted for 4-5 months or so, but once more hair grows in it will conceal it a bit more. This looks on track to be a remarkable transformation. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

9 hours ago, pkipling said:

This is looking great! Be patient with the redness, as that can definitely take longer to heal for many of us. I think mine lasted for 4-5 months or so, but once more hair grows in it will conceal it a bit more. This looks on track to be a remarkable transformation. 

Thanks for encouraging man! This means that there are more follicles to come in the following months 🙂🤟

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

following! pls dont stop updating, the good times start after 4th month but already looking solid!

Don’t worry bro, will update every month, won’t stop updating 😁💪

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Z-- said:

We had a transplant at nearly the same time. Will be following and wishing you luck!

Thanks man! Did you get any treatment from the clinic? Like topical dutasteride or something else

51 minutes ago, Leos said:

Thanks man! Did you get any treatment from the clinic? Like topical dutasteride or something else

Ah - didn't have Mwamba operate on me, but I'm a big fan of his work and we have similar hairloss, so more excited to see how he works with patients like us :)

Not on meds myself, but if you can tolerate it, go for it!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Now I have 4 months post op and looking great, a lot of hair suddenly comes out from month 3. Still some redness on the sides but not any other issues. I am using topical dutasteride twice a week and shampooing every day ph neutral shampoo.

9CE9D426-D441-4A1F-956F-A03D63581606.jpeg

B630FDF1-08F6-42AE-B305-C2DA9DF0B2B8.jpeg

78DAD8A5-5899-4FCE-B207-AE33BB15E6ED.jpeg

580B7A6C-E52D-49F2-92AA-22B5EF12D30D.jpeg

51501A89-FA01-4AB2-AE2F-2BEB1D17555D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Month 5 updates, a lot of hair comes out and is looking good. Still the redness didn’t disappear and I don’t understand why. Using topical dutasteride twice a week and Ph neutral shampoo every day.

2FE4B2E0-E935-4F5F-B497-50EBA0C66484.jpeg

F45B6FBC-9E8C-43F4-B7E6-E3B589BB573A.jpeg

F7009B44-4BC9-426C-9A31-D5B5F8E16B1E.jpeg

E17712EE-3AF8-4A1E-B873-26B46AFCC764.jpeg

1EEA6F4B-69B1-479B-81CB-AAD311B1B3C9.jpeg

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree with Ryan that you might wanna take a break from anything harsh on your scalp and see if that helps the redness subside. It seems like your scalp may be extra sensitive, so try being very gentle with it for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. 

Oh - and the aloe vera is definitely worth a shot! 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Did you avoid the sun for a few weeks post-op? Sun exposure can cause redness, wear a hat when you go outside. Hair looks great at 5 months, gonna be a homerun result after your 2nd surgery.

Edited by Tiger2050

On 11/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, Tiger2050 said:

Did you avoid the sun for a few weeks post-op? Sun exposure can cause redness, wear a hat when you go outside. Hair looks great at 5 months, gonna be a homerun result after your 2nd surgery.

Thanks man,

Yeah, avoided sun light exposure for 3 months post op. The redness is only on the sides where dr Mwamba made a higher density. I will be a different person after the 2nd surgery.

On 11/26/2022 at 10:52 PM, pkipling said:

Yeah, I agree with Ryan that you might wanna take a break from anything harsh on your scalp and see if that helps the redness subside. It seems like your scalp may be extra sensitive, so try being very gentle with it for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. 

Oh - and the aloe vera is definitely worth a shot! 

Hey man,

already took out the topical dutasteride for 1 week ago, but the shampoo I don’t think it has something to do with it because it’s all natural ingredients. Strange thing is that the redness is only on the sides where they made a higher density than the rest of the scalp.