Fine Ginger NW3 - Eugenix - 2,800 grafts - 8 July 2022

• Administrators

Excellent progress. I have to say you remind me of @hybonix you guys could be brothers. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the kind words fellas!  Words can’t describe how great it felt to visit the barber for the first time in 4 years like a normal person (was cutting my own hair due to insecurity) and being able to comfortably walk around town without a hat- what a feeling!!!! I live in a coastal city where it’s never not windy- here, disguising a receding hairline is IMPOSSIBLE. Heck, it’s not uncommon for the wind to take roof off a home!  This has been such an emotional journey and seeing the hairline take shape has given me so much confidence. I’ve started chatting to strangers, signed up for social football and badminton (gave up on these sports because I couldn’t wear a hat ….) and am looking at applying for a new job. I never realised how much my hair loss was holding me back professionally and socially until now. 5 month update to follow. 

Edited by baldbandito

• 1 month later...

Seasons greetings all

Here are my month 5 pics.

Not having to be reminded about my hair recession each and every morning has been life changing (no exaggeration!) I didn’t realize the effect balding had on my mental state until recently - the shackles have been removed and I'm now able to focus my mental energy on improving other aspects of my life.

Overall I’m really happy with the progress. My only concern at this stage is that the angle / height of the left side appears slightly off compared to the right. The hairline density also appears a tad lower on this side. Originally I put it down to laggy growth but after reviewing post op photos (refer below) I am now wondering if the hairline was designed this way? When I measure each of the week 1 post-op photos, including todays month5 pics, using a ruler on the screen from the pupil / eyebrow to the start of the hairline, I always get a higher reading on the left side.. huge margin for error here obviously due to camera angle etc. Thoughts?? Am I obsessing? honestly not too worried as I plan to grow out my hair / fringe once the hairline matures and it's still early days. Can be remedied with a few hundred grafts if it's still bugging me come 12 months. The growth and density behind the hairline is very good and the doner kebab looks and feels untouched. 

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a merry Xmas and fantastic new year.

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.JPG

14.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

1.JPG

• Like 2

• Administrators

At 5 months this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! You my man are a super fast grower. 

6810EF36-D31B-4A47-A823-4466FF569683.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, baldbandito said:

Seasons greetings all

Here are my month 5 pics.

Not having to be reminded about my hair recession each and every morning has been life changing (no exaggeration!) I didn’t realize the effect balding had on my mental state until recently - the shackles have been removed and I'm now able to focus my mental energy on improving other aspects of my life.

Overall I’m really happy with the progress. My only concern at this stage is that the angle / height of the left side appears slightly off compared to the right. The hairline density also appears a tad lower on this side. Originally I put it down to laggy growth but after reviewing post op photos (refer below) I am now wondering if the hairline was designed this way? When I measure each of the week 1 post-op photos, including todays month5 pics, using a ruler on the screen from the pupil / eyebrow to the start of the hairline, I always get a higher reading on the left side.. huge margin for error here obviously due to camera angle etc. Thoughts?? Am I obsessing? honestly not too worried as I plan to grow out my hair / fringe once the hairline matures and it's still early days. Can be remedied with a few hundred grafts if it's still bugging me come 12 months. The growth and density behind the hairline is very good and the doner kebab looks and feels untouched. 

Thanks for reading and I wish you all a merry Xmas and fantastic new year.

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.JPG

14.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

1.JPG

Looks awesome!

What you’re describing is asymmetry in the hairline, which has been purposefully designed to aid the appearance of naturalness. It’s supposed to be like that! Hairlines in nature are not symmetrical. 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

As @Berba11 correctly stated in nature you will not find a 'perfectly symmetrical' hairline. I remember that my right side was always slightly higher than my left side of my hairline before MPB. You're hair is looking incredible @baldbandito and at only five months you still have more to come ahead of you! 💯👌

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@mrmane85- Thanks for the tag!

@MildSeven the one in which Dr Bansal draws the hairline, does the slips and pops in throughout the procedure. There was a doc in the room at all times supervising the techs. 

here are my 7 month pics.
Over the moon with the results! not until I took these today that I appreciate how much the density has improved behind the hairline likely a result of the last of the transplanted hair sprouting and the early growers maturing. I'm still cutting the hair myself (balding gave me a phobia of barber shops and old habits die hard ahaha...) might explain why it looks uneven in some parts. 
my only tiny minor gripe is that the left hairline looks weaker than the right as discussed above however it adds naturalness and can be easily remedied down the track. wont be noticeable in a few months once my hair's longer.  i cant say this enough --  the process has been life changing and i'm thankful everyday it may not seem like much but it's  given me the confidence to get outside my comfort zone. I no longer fear
the wind or social occasions or photos. Thanks for all the support and feedback. Will check back sometime next month. :)

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3357(1).JPG

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

• Like 3

• Administrators

Absolutely stunning 

A3C4BE8F-A447-4F7C-A5E2-84B40779EE7E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

View my thread

Thanks for the kind words fellas - they mean a lot! 

@Pukimay yes I’ve been taking fin 1.25mg (1/4 of 5mg generic) every day since Oct 2019. I don’t experience sides and have no plans to stop. Being a youngish HT recipient I wasn’t prepared to gamble and knew I needed to stop the loss before going under the  knife. quite a few of my uncles are bald. Thankfully  Fin was very effective. I still shed a lot of hair which is totally normal ( check out baldcafes latest video - it’s super interesting) 
goodluck :) 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the tag @consequence

18 Month update!

everything is good. Still taking generic fin every day and shedding hair as per. 

Def due a haircut as my co-workers remind me everyday - secretly happy every time I 'hair' this tehehe. 

The hedonistic part of my brain wants to lower the hairline sort of but the logical / wise side (the one I trust) says keep it as it .. Plenty in reserve for the future and risk / reward so not worth. I hardly ever think about hair loss anymore. Used to be so obsessed! shout out mohammed shami. keep fighting boys, don't give up, good luck . 

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

• Administrators

Absolutely incredible 

56DBB135-3154-4307-ACAF-980904474CE9.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread