Donor area after Hair Transplant (Eugenix)

Hi guys
I have an update on this and like to keep you posted since this forum has been so supportive.
I had a video call with Dr Arika yesterday. Dr Arika went through my pre and post op pics and she assured me this is not over harvesting, I just need to give this time. Re the other Dr comment of ‘not our work’ we have labeled it as miscommunication as the intent was not to deny. Eugenix has taken the responsibility.
After Dr Arika dropped off the call, post op team Yugbir and Kirtiman stayed on to share with me the Yugbir’s own journey. His results look great.
Dr Arika and her team has assured me that my Results will be very good and the patchiness will improve just need to give it time. They were very confident of their work, which was good to see.

At this point I like to say that my concerns have been taken care of and I will keep you all posted on the progress.

thanks guys and all the best on your hair journey

cheers

• Like 5

On 5/14/2022 at 3:26 AM, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi @Boomerang

I do not believe this is over harvesting as you seem to have had an excellent donor area pre-op. But I could be wrong, nothing is guaranteed

The extraction seems to be very balanced on the back judging from the post-op photos they took of you

I have a theory that by extracting so many grafts on separate days might have been traumatizing on your backside, not everyone's scalp reacts the same way and may end up with a different outcome to SHOCK LOSS.

This is how my donor area looked 1 month after 3000 grafts FUE in TURKEY. It was horrible and traumatizing. 

I believe after a few weeks later from month 1 it started to fill up. I think I got my first haircut at the end of month 2

image.png.44ed36711229d68890b711ebfd09a731.png        

Lucky for them (and me) my hair grew back.  Still to this day I have extraction scars larger than they should be. The extractions that I had from Eugenix were much smaller. None the less, I still cannot keep short haircuts but with some length everything is covered.

You have 2 choices,  wait for improvement and see what happens. Or else if the situation remains bad you must demand that your donor area gets fixed free of charge (most probably using beard grafts to fill in) You mentioned you are at two months, this is usually quite on the late side of shock loss but it can happen. I would remain calm for the next month or two months and then take action.

Good luck sir

Thank you for support and sharing your experience. It means a lot. All the best to you too.

37 minutes ago, Boomerang said:

Hi guys
I have an update on this and like to keep you posted since this forum has been so supportive.
I had a video call with Dr Arika yesterday. Dr Arika went through my pre and post op pics and she assured me this is not over harvesting, I just need to give this time. Re the other Dr comment of ‘not our work’ we have labeled it as miscommunication as the intent was not to deny. Eugenix has taken the responsibility.
After Dr Arika dropped off the call, post op team Yugbir and Kirtiman stayed on to share with me the Yugbir’s own journey. His results look great.
Dr Arika and her team has assured me that my Results will be very good and the patchiness will improve just need to give it time. They were very confident of their work, which was good to see.

At this point I like to say that my concerns have been taken care of and I will keep you all posted on the progress.

cheers

thanks please keep us updated.

Agreed with prior posters and happy you had a follow-up with Dr. Arika for your concerns. Two months is definitely too early to hyper focus on patchy spots - hell I'm almost at four months and there's still a few minor spots regaining their strength. Give your body the time to heal - the assessment at 6 months, 8 months, a year etc will prove more intriguing.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

26 minutes ago, rob7331 said:

Agreed with prior posters and happy you had a follow-up with Dr. Arika for your concerns. Two months is definitely too early to hyper focus on patchy spots - hell I'm almost at four months and there's still a few minor spots regaining their strength. Give your body the time to heal - the assessment at 6 months, 8 months, a year etc will prove more intriguing.

Thank you kindly.

Good luck with your journey. I will definitely follow your journey 

Wishing you the best of luck with this issue OP!

Hope you can see the improvements mentioned on the video call over the next few months as you head towards a full 12+ months. 

I definitely think the donor area etc. can suffer shock loss and this isn't always nice to see and creates a worry, but hopefully you feel some reassurance and the results will mature and improve. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boomerang said:

Hi guys

cheers

Thank you for your time with us and for having a consult with us. We wish you the best of results and assure you that you will have a wonderful growth and that your donor shall also replenish. For any doubts or worries, we are always here for you.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Nicee too see it starting to sprout out now. Is the white hairs your beard?

I know, can’t wait to see the visible growth kicking in...

No, they are pre existing hair. 
beard hairs were used for the FUT scar only.

I had 4500 grafts from back and side of head, placed the n top, plus 300-400 grafts from beard into the fut scar.
Plus transplanted hairs haven’t grown that long yet.

I see white hairs in my pre op pics

69C6F279-B668-467B-BF1E-3CAB771462FC.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Completed 4 months yesterday. Took some photos in direct sunlight and some in normal room light. They look totally different.

Overall, I personally feel that improvement from month 3 to 4 is quite visible. I also feel that my donor area has improved as well.

let me know what you think

sunlight pics

3275E82E-ACFA-4874-AB99-29063A1B3C4B.jpeg

FBA2AFB8-1418-4C1A-88AF-3B576BA73134.jpeg

FC948EDE-5EB9-4728-8166-33EF40DCF6B5.jpeg

A0C18C94-CB84-4067-8A78-DFEC54A9FC6E.jpeg

C70E3955-65F4-4E84-BEC8-275E8E225EDB.jpeg

4ED83078-1B71-4131-9412-E43FDD19EC67.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Hey @Boomerang the outdoor lighting is washing out the picture but the indoor lighting pictures show a huge improvement to your previous updates. Your shock loss appears to be recovering extremely well and is on track. I'm at month five and it was really only at the beginning of month four that I felt my results really started to rev up (although I am a slick bald Norwood 7). Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following your updates!

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hey @Boomerang the outdoor lighting is washing out the picture but the indoor lighting pictures show a huge improvement to your previous updates. Your shock loss appears to be recovering extremely well and is on track. I'm at month five and it was really only at the beginning of month four that I felt my results really started to rev up (although I am a slick bald Norwood 7). Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following your updates!

Thanks Gatsby!

I have followed your HT journey on YouTube. You are such an inspiration. Watched you on the ‘hair party forum’, your results are coming through amazing.

if you every travel to Sydney drop me a me a message. Would love to catchup and share notes.

yes I am happy with how donor has improved, hope it continues but more.

Looking forward to 6months mark (think I am getting greedy now).

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 1:07 AM, SLA said:

Beautiful progress @Boomerang!

Thanks SLA

I think just getting to the baseline at this stage.
I do feel some transplanted hair growth has started but new hair have just started sprouting and are very fine.

Took some more pics today near the window. It’s amazing how it looks different in different lights. 

How far along are you in your journey?

Just now, Boomerang said:

Thanks SLA

I think just getting to the baseline at this stage.
I do feel some transplanted hair growth has started but new hair have just started sprouting and are very fine.

Took some more pics today near the window. It’s amazing how it looks different in different lights. 

How far along are you in your journey?

Today’s pics

CA3C32AF-1F73-4900-9C29-43DFD6B6000C.jpeg

A29518F3-99D5-4891-A39F-EAB87DD58352.jpeg

2FF445FA-1963-4603-8475-18D7BE37D8C3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the donor area is shock loss. it should recover. make sure to use minoxidil. This is a reminder to pay caution to "large" procedures. The scalp does not have an infinitel blood supply where you can keep creating holes without consequences. Hair transplants are a marathon not a sprint. The results from multiple small procedures will always be better than one large procedure all other things being equal.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Big improvements, shock loss should subside in the next few months. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.