Donor area after Hair Transplant (Eugenix)

Hi everyone

Sharing 5 months update.

I am happy with how donor has healed and the growth at 5 months. Left side of crown is bit light and slow in growth, once that is filled up I will be pretty happy.

Overall I am feeling hopeful and excited for coming months 

thanks for all the support 

Cheers

ps: these are indoor pics with open windows and decent lights. But i must say in outdoor lights coverage looks lighter than this, which I am hoping will improve in upcoming months.

A1D87736-7C9E-46B2-8231-63849B5D2505.jpeg

E926540F-77A6-4D94-ACD8-74CF7ECF1B2E.jpeg

741969C2-05B2-472E-8D72-AA3F914E927F.jpeg

1676827A-E414-4850-9B5F-D55FD20AF9DE.jpeg

05779777-C80C-460C-A4DD-364974578157.jpeg

11B8C170-5016-4EF7-A3D5-75CDCF56F62B.jpeg

D90D223C-2EC3-4368-B890-86FF5DD73471.jpeg

227628AC-64BB-46F9-B0D7-3C565EC216B2.jpeg

D49126C1-1D17-4003-A32B-1B3E64B420F1.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Boomerang that's a massive change at month 7 from month 5! It's really taking shape now and you still have a lot of growth to come ahead of you. 👌

I can feel more sprouting coming through. So I am hoping that results will look better when transplanted hair early growers, late growers and pre-existing hair reach the even length in coming months.
So from that perspective things are definitely looking promising. 

thank you and all the best to you as well!

• Like 1

Looks great. Very happy to see that it was shock loss instead of over harvesting; hopefully this gives some hope for people whose donor looks weaker post-surgery and gives them the patience to wait until a bit before deeming it over harvesting. Also good to see Eugenix reassure you during the process. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Z-- said:

Looks great. Very happy to see that it was shock loss instead of over harvesting; hopefully this gives some hope for people whose donor looks weaker post-surgery and gives them the patience to wait until a bit before deeming it over harvesting. Also good to see Eugenix reassure you during the process. 

Definitely. 
I had two failed procedures before this one, that’s why I believe I was always sceptical somewhere in my mind. Then you know little miscommunication triggered the panic.

things are definitely improving, slowly compared to many but hopefully will get there.

4 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Your crown has many more months left to improve

How short are you able to keep your hair? Maybe a number 4 guard on trimmer for a cleaner look?

Ryan, that’s what I am considering for the next post - ‘a nice haircut’ 😊

My barber has shutdown. Doing but of research for the next one.

I don’t know if it is just me or with others as well but I am little bit hesitant to go too short in case they look too thin? Maybe as results mature I can try shorter.

for these updates I try to take worst photos to show what it actually is. I think it looks slightly better when I style my hair. Still trying to get used to of managing them, some days they look better than other days, maybe it’s the light and sebum etc.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

48 minutes ago, Boomerang said:

Ryan, that’s what I am considering for the next post - ‘a nice haircut’ 😊

My barber has shutdown. Doing but of research for the next one.

I don’t know if it is just me or with others as well but I am little bit hesitant to go too short in case they look too thin? Maybe as results mature I can try shorter.

for these updates I try to take worst photos to show what it actually is. I think it looks slightly better when I style my hair. Still trying to get used to of managing them, some days they look better than other days, maybe it’s the light and sebum etc.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Thanks for being honest with the pictures taken. There is no point trying to impress strangers online by something that looks completely different than real life 

Your donor area is very thick compared to how the top looks, so a haircut is a must. Nothing short, as I said a number 4 guard is extremely clean and smart 

Also thanks for the good luck, very kind of you to remember that I myself am also on the journey (soon 5 months)

4 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

It looks like you used some beard hair based on the original pictures? Odd that they took it from the sideburn area, why did they go for that patch as opposed to under the chin or a similarly less visible area?

Thank!

thanks Goligoligoli

My sideburn area was quite thick, around 200 grafts from each sideburn were used. I think they were used for temples (could be wrong). To be honest, it is completely invisible from where they were extracted (unless of course if someone knows and goes looking).

if I think about it now, I think it was a good idea coz did suffer donor area shock loss and that could have been worse if sideburn hair weren’t used (maybe or maybe not).

some hair from under the chin area were also extracted and used in the FUT scar only. Again no one has been able to tell, it has healed so well.

Your donor area in those images in the latest update at that hair length looks vastly improved compared yo even month 5 and hopefully if you get the hair cut shorter it will still look great. 

Your case was definitely something that i think was at first appearance a cause for concern but i'm really happy that it did genuinely turn out to be a positive outcome and not the worst. 

Good luck and happy growing OP, the crown definitely seems to take longer in some and up to 18 months. This is definitely a journey that takes a lot of patience. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Everything has improved massively 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Your donor area in those images in the latest update at that hair length looks vastly improved compared yo even month 5 and hopefully if you get the hair cut shorter it will still look great. 

Your case was definitely something that i think was at first appearance a cause for concern but i'm really happy that it did genuinely turn out to be a positive outcome and not the worst. 

Good luck and happy growing OP, the crown definitely seems to take longer in some and up to 18 months. This is definitely a journey that takes a lot of patience. 

Thank you and good luck to you too.

Definitely it’s a real test of patience. My hairline has thickened up a lot since month 5. That give me confidence about top and crown since growth starts from hairline going back (just like hairloss). So definitely looking fed to coming months. 

happy growing 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, Boomerang said:

Thank you and good luck to you too.

Definitely it’s a real test of patience. My hairline has thickened up a lot since month 5. That give me confidence about top and crown since growth starts from hairline going back (just like hairloss). So definitely looking fed to coming months. 

happy growing 

I noticed that things really changed from month five also. Happy growing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Everything has improved massively 👏🏼

Melvin, yes things are definitely looking positive but tbh I don’t know how much of it is because of hair length. Next haircut will give better idea.

we should celebrate a ‘happy growing day’ here on this network!😊 Maybe the day that you started this platform...

Took Ryan’s advise and got a fresh haircut today. I thought i share

Donor seems to have healed well. 

also I like to mention that I asked for high hairline coz I wanted to utilise grafts to add density on top and crown (just to give you perspective when you see pics). 
My right side has shown better growth than left.

411B69FA-B1F6-4FE7-A717-E239E2479434.jpeg

3B4FE148-C546-4A4C-8546-F3583E88B8C1.jpeg

D94F47AA-F720-4258-A662-589A810A982C.jpeg

7F45BF32-F103-45FA-B614-51622A32C9AC.jpeg

F7CA9852-AE2B-4528-9F4B-5815D89D2A09.jpeg

C8255384-2A78-463D-9446-41E37F7D31E4.jpeg

9FC712C9-D9C3-4E9D-804D-35CC2AEDCA52.jpeg

19CB0EFF-C5F2-4963-95BB-56FA308C9B3F.jpeg

A7EEBF7D-CEAE-4519-8B0B-91A88D1FA4E6.jpeg

FB7FF60B-AEEB-4010-8955-14FAACB85D16.jpeg

487A0E9F-8AA8-436E-B3A3-1855CB9D2139.jpeg

• Like 3