Been using Xyon topical finasteride for a couple weeks, so far it's been giving me stronger side effects than Farmacia Parariti

HairRun

I'm interested in trying the Xyon topical. How long does it need to stay on the scalp before it would be ok to shower?  If a person applied this in the morning, is it okay to shower and wash hair in the evening?

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, hockeyman said:

I'm interested in trying the Xyon topical. How long does it need to stay on the scalp before it would be ok to shower?  If a person applied this in the morning, is it okay to shower and wash hair in the evening?

We’ll be opening up a Q&A thread very soon, where Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone will answer questions directly regarding XYONHealth topical finasteride. Stay tuned. In the meantime, let me find out. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

We’ll be opening up a Q&A thread very soon, where Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone will answer questions directly regarding XYONHealth topical finasteride. Stay tuned. In the meantime, let me find out. 

Any updates?

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Any updates here?

On 7/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, hockeyman said:

When I was using it, it would be first thing after the shower. Also, during the time I was using it, whenever I would wash my hair, I would do an extreme bend back to wash my hair so it wouldn't drip down my body. 

5 minutes ago, HairRun said:

When I was using it, it would be first thing after the shower. Also, during the time I was using it, whenever I would wash my hair, I would do an extreme bend back to wash my hair so it wouldn't drip down my body. 

Why did you stop using it, any thoughts on it, side effects?

1 minute ago, Hairtroubles said:

Why did you stop using it, any thoughts on it, side effects?

Yeah, it was the side effects. At this point I used 3 different brands and various microdoses and frequencies. At this point I have pretty much given up on using fin. 

Maybe I'll try xyon again now that I am using oral minox, but maybe not 

6 hours ago, HairRun said:

Yeah, it was the side effects. At this point I used 3 different brands and various microdoses and frequencies. At this point I have pretty much given up on using fin. 

Maybe I'll try xyon again now that I am using oral minox, but maybe not 

Me too HairRun :( It's too bad. Have you had HT?

I am remaining on Minoxidil and going to try and get oral somehow in Canada.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lindros88 said:

I can say with 100% conviction that sides existed for me with XYON. Had weak errctions entire time I was taking it. Went off and after a few days had my normal boner strength back

So what you going to do for hair loss? What you taking?

5 hours ago, lindros88 said:

Yup, one botched-ish transplant from a doctor who had no concerns for my long term and actually gave me a lower and unnatural looking hairline than we agreed upon, then just got it repaired and replenished by one of the best and most ethical Doctors out there who absolutely took into account the scenario that I will lose it all. They relocated the lower grafts and came up with a conservative hairline that'll be maintainable once my hairloss pattern reaches its final form. 

If I respond to exomes + oral min + laser + sulforaphane, maybe we can work out a bit more. May also consider beard hair stuff. 

5 hours ago, lindros88 said:

4 hours ago, lindros88 said:

I can say with 100% conviction that sides existed for me with XYON. Had weak errctions entire time I was taking it. Went off and after a few days had my normal boner strength back

Were you guys also taking topical min along with it? I am wondering if the carriers messed up keeping it in the scalp 

• Administrators

I’ll be doing 3x per week. I’m surprised you still got side effects using it less. I believe the systemic reduction would be around 10% at 3x per week.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ll be doing 3x per week. I’m surprised you still got side effects using it less. I believe the systemic reduction would be around 10% at 3x per week.

Are you going to be trying it with oral minox only, no topical? My hunch is that it's the stuff in the topical that messed it up. 

1 hour ago, HairRun said:

Were you guys also taking topical min along with it? I am wondering if the carriers messed up keeping it in the scalp 

I was taking topical Min along with it. I am going to try taking the finasteride mid day to see what happens there, rather than with the minox. I was always taking at the same time. Probably gonna go 1-2x a week and see how we go. If no sides I will go back to 3.

Truthfully Ive never been able to push through the sides, even though there are studies that say that they can subside after continued use. I pretty much freak out every time that I feel the sides come on.

2 hours ago, lindros88 said:

I was taking topical Min along with it. I am going to try taking the finasteride mid day to see what happens there, rather than with the minox. I was always taking at the same time. Probably gonna go 1-2x a week and see how we go. If no sides I will go back to 3.

Truthfully Ive never been able to push through the sides, even though there are studies that say that they can subside after continued use. I pretty much freak out every time that I feel the sides come on.

I'm skeptical of the claim that sides can go away if you keep using it. I've never heard a single anecdote where someone had strong sides then went away while continuing use unless it was a nocebo

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, hockeyman said:

Hello, i would like to know if there are any adivce on this or would it be somehow possible to ask for Dr Hasson's opinion this issue?

I perosnally wash my hair in the morning before I style it (recommendeded by stylist too to make it clean from oils etc then blowdry it and apply gels/sprays otherwise with the overnight oil secretion my hair looks terrible) and also at night when I shower +wash hair to remove styling products. So basicallt washing my hair twice.

This might be less of an issue for other formulations, but according to the studies and the youtube annluncement this drug is continulusly permeating into the skin steadily. Dr Hasson said something along the lines in the announcement of that when Melvin asked about MWF applicarion that washing it off would affect the storage of the drug on the scalp. So it seems like even I apply in the morning/evening once the effectivensss might be affected

On the other hand this might be a terrible idea for other topicals since they have a burst in absorbion in the first few hours(,https://www.xyonhealth.com/article/siloxyssystem-gel-results/), but maybe reapllying a second time could be a solution. This would increase the total exposure of the durg and potentially be a problem, but I am not sure if it matters. Also another main point is thougb xyon finasteeide has a relatively constant flux of aborption (again https://www.xyonhealth.com/article/siloxyssystem-gel-results/)  accoeidng to study 1 the slope is still a bit stepler in the first 8 hours so it might still be a problem overdosing if I reapply it.

Or maybe the gel couldn't be washed off so easily even with shampoo but I don't think its likely.

So to summarize Im not sure if there is a way out if I have to wash my hair twice daily.