Been using Xyon topical finasteride for a couple weeks, so far it's been giving me stronger side effects than Farmacia Parariti

HairRun

On 9/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, lindros88 said:

I was taking topical Min along with it. I am going to try taking the finasteride mid day to see what happens there, rather than with the minox. I was always taking at the same time. Probably gonna go 1-2x a week and see how we go. If no sides I will go back to 3.

Truthfully Ive never been able to push through the sides, even though there are studies that say that they can subside after continued use. I pretty much freak out every time that I feel the sides come on.

“Pushing through the side effects” just doesn’t seem wise imo. Your body is telling you that it is being adversely impacted by the medication. Why disregard the warning signs?

To be fair, I did the same thing. Wish I hadn’t. 

27 minutes ago, yesplease said:

“Pushing through the side effects” just doesn’t seem wise imo. Your body is telling you that it is being adversely impacted by the medication. Why disregard the warning signs?

Where are you now after pushing through the side effects? I think I came out relatively unscathed but my libido has definitely dropped.

6 hours ago, yesplease said:

Mind elaborating on what happened exactly? Or sharing link to where you may have already explained? 

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up in search.

2.5% is way to strong for topical Fin from what i have read. At that dose it will go systemic and you may as well just pop the pill.

The dose that seems to work well for topical fin is really low, like as low as 0.010% to 0.3%

At this dose it stays localised to the hair follicules and doesn't go systemic and cause side effects.

Look up a product called Hims, in fact here's a link https://www.forhims.com/hair-loss/topical-finasteride

I have not used this product, as it also has Minoxidil in it, but the reviews on reddit suggest it works without sides. If anyone has used it please comment your opinion.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Petchski said:

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up in search.

2.5% is way to strong for topical Fin from what i have read. At that dose it will go systemic and you may as well just pop the pill.

The dose that seems to work well for topical fin is really low, like as low as 0.010% to 0.3%

At this dose it stays localised to the hair follicules and doesn't go systemic and cause side effects.

Look up a product called Hims, in fact here's a link https://www.forhims.com/hair-loss/topical-finasteride

I have not used this product, as it also has Minoxidil in it, but the reviews on reddit suggest it works without sides. If anyone has used it please comment your opinion.

You can’t compare an alcohol based vehicle based vehicle to a lipid silicone based vehicle. The alcohol vehicle absorbed instantly. The lipid silicone vehicle limits absorption. So the drug slowly absorbs. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I did try the Hims 0.01 solution with 6% minox. I'm sorry to say it did give me side effects, certainly comparable with the pill, only difference was they took a month or so longer to manifest. I tried it on two separate occasions with the same result, and it certainly wasn't psychological because I essentially was convinced I'd found the silver bullet (so to speak) for finasteride treatment for a couple of months. I was wondering why my hair looked so much better all over when I only applied to hairline, before I realized after some research about the systemic absorption. So yeah, double edged truth is it definitely worked (even to the point where people would comment on my hair looking fuller, I could style it differently etc) and relatively quickly and it definitely gave me side effects. It took about a month after stopping for them to disappear, which is also, due to the gradual impact on your libido etc, when you realize how much it WAS impacting.

This is purely anecdotal, I'm assured most people are fine with finasteride. For what it's worth I still use minoxidil max 0.01 solution diluted with a solvent  to about a quarter the strength a couple of times a week, and so far (with oral minox) it seems to be maintaining hair at least, with manageable/ negligible sides. 

I intend trying the lipid silicone solution in the near future. Good luck! 

Topicals are trend about town these days and have become a big cash cow for many clinics. 

The reality is most who use these would be fine on oral medication anyway. They are simply less intimidated by using a topical than taking a pill. 

To Xyon's credit, they are the only company that have invested in a vehicle that actually reduces absorption to any significant extent.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Topicals are trend about town these days and have become a big cash cow for many clinics. 

The reality is most who use these would be fine on oral medication anyway. They are simply less intimidated by using a topical than taking a pill. 

To Xyon's credit, they are the only company that have invested in a vehicle that actually reduces absorption to any significant extent.

I honestly would prefer just taking oral Finasteride everyday I even bought the Propecia brand pills from Walmart pharmacy. It sits in my kitchen cabinet everyday but I never used it. The idea of a medication affecting my hormones just disturbs me so I’m hesitant in trying 

2 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I honestly would prefer just taking oral Finasteride everyday I even bought the Propecia brand pills from Walmart pharmacy. It sits in my kitchen cabinet everyday but I never used it. The idea of a medication affecting my hormones just disturbs me so I’m hesitant in trying 

That’s totally understandable. The reality is even topicals will to some extent, Xyon and farmacia Parati dutasteride appear to do it the least