Been using Xyon topical finasteride for a couple weeks, so far it's been giving me stronger side effects than Farmacia Parariti

HairRun

I have both Farmacia Parariti and Xyon topical finasteride at 2.5%, but Farmacia Parariti also has 4% minoxidil. The Xyon topical finasteride does not have any minoxidil, so what I do is after my shower, I apply the topical minoxidil foam, wait for about 2 hours, and then apply the Xyon topical fin. 

For both, I only use half of what is recommended daily, and I only do it every other day, so overall getting 1/4th of what is recommended. 

so far Xyon has been giving stronger sides than Farmacia Parariti. 

I wonder if my topical minoxidil is some how disrupting the delivery particles from my previous day's application of Xyon fin. It may be that Xyon does have a better formulation but only if you don't use a topical minoxidil. But I also feel that this is something Hassan would have thought of already. 

I would still encourage people to try it. Every body is different and what may not work for me may work for you. I don't regret buying it, worth the money knowing that I 100% know what's the better step forward for me. But if you're lower on cash, maybe wait for other head to head comparisons with Parariti and Xyon. 

Would love to hear @Melvin- Moderator ask Hassan if the carriers in topical min could interfere with the delivery particles in his formulation, and if so they would consider adding min to their formula. 

I'll probably try FueClinic's topical dut after my current batch of Farmacia Parariti runs out. I'm also considering maybe trying out oral min with the xyon formula 

Edited by HairRun
  • Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, HairRun said:

I have both Farmacia Parariti and Xyon topical finasteride at 2.5%, but Farmacia Parariti also has 4% minoxidil. The Xyon topical finasteride does not have any minoxidil, so what I do is after my shower, I apply the topical minoxidil foam, wait for about 2 hours, and then apply the Xyon topical fin. 

For both, I only use half of what is recommended daily, and I only do it every other day, so overall getting 1/4th of what is recommended. 

I wonder if my topical minoxidil is some how disrupting the delivery particles from my previous day's application of Xyon fin. It may be that Xyon does have a better formulation but only if you don't use a topical minoxidil. But I also feel that this is something Hassan would have thought of already. 

I would still encourage people to try it. Every body is different and what may not work for me may work for you. I don't regret buying it, worth the money knowing that I 100% know what's the better step forward for me. But if you're lower on cash, maybe wait for other head to head comparisons with Parariti and Xyon. 

Would love to hear @Melvin- Moderator ask Hassan if the carriers in topical min could interfere with the delivery particles in his formulation, and if so they would consider adding min to their formula. 

I'll probably try FueClinic's topical dut after my current batch of Farmacia Parariti runs out. I'm also considering maybe trying out oral min with the xyon formula 

They have considered adding minoxidil, though, Hasson isn’t a fan of minoxidil due to the effects on collagen. How long have you been using xyon? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow I switched to Xyon from Strut’s topical fin/min combo and the Xyon Finasteride has helped my side effects tremendously. I was getting worse sides on the strut topical than oral finasteride. But it sure seemed to work well.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, HairRun said:

I’ve always thought about this. If the theory of minoxidil acting as a vasodilatador is true their could be something to it. Have you considered trying the topical finasteride without the minoxidil and seeing if that helps?

• 1 month later...

Update, I tried again. Since fin is a better hair preserver than min, I thought it might be worth giving up min for fin. But I still seem to get about the same side effects as the Farmacia Parariti  formulation when using at the same dose. 

So back to the drawing board. 

But if they ever make a version with min in it, I would probably still buy it since it seems to have more research done on it than the Farmacia Parariti version. Even if it's like 1% better, still probably worth the extra money. 

45 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Update, I tried again. Since fin is a better hair preserver than min, I thought it might be worth giving up min for fin. But I still seem to get about the same side effects as the Farmacia Parariti  formulation when using at the same dose. 

So back to the drawing board. 

But if they ever make a version with min in it, I would probably still buy it since it seems to have more research done on it than the Farmacia Parariti version. Even if it's like 1% better, still probably worth the extra money. 

Maybe even applying just monday/thursday would be better than nothing?

38 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

Has anyone seen their side effects go away or decline after six months? The clinical studies suggest they usually do. 

I've heard conflicting things. The studies can be a bit misleading in my opinion as they sometimes don't factor in who dropped out

• Like 1

Hasson seems insistent that 2.5% is the required and optimum dose, which equates to 25mg per 1ml.

If their formula is so good at penetrating/drip feeding finasteride into the target area tissue with this magical mesh system, and it largely remains locally in the scalp, then why 25mg per 1ml is required is beyond me, given the overwhelming success a mere 0.25mg - 1mg oral serving provides the large majority of men. 

My inclination is that 2.5% is overkill, and a lower concentration topical that uses a good carrier agent will be much safer with regards to unwanted side effects, yet remain efficacious.

Have a look at the European study published in October 2021 on 0.025% topical finasteride. 

• Well Done 1

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I doubt that the addition of minoxidil would cause or either enhance the side effects of topical Finasteride. Xyon has a protective type of barrier to reduce the levels of Finasteride becoming systemic also. All the best. 

That's right. What I'm saying is that if I take a topical solution and the max I can take of either is a very lose dose due to side effects at higher doses, I rather go with the one with the min. 

For clarity, I don't believe it's the min it self if I use different solutions, it's the carrier in regular topical min that maybe causes the topical fin to absorb.  

8 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Maybe even applying just monday/thursday would be better than nothing?

That's what I'm doing, but with even lower amount. It's a very lose dose where I don't feel side effects. 

7 hours ago, BaldBobby said:

Has anyone seen their side effects go away or decline after six months? The clinical studies suggest they usually do. 

I have them go away in a week. Are there cases where it takes 6 months? I would imagine it goes away as soon as it leaves your system?

12 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Hasson seems insistent that 2.5% is the required and optimum dose, which equates to 25mg per 1ml.

If their formula is so good at penetrating/drip feeding finasteride into the target area tissue with this magical mesh system, and it largely remains locally in the scalp, then why 25mg per 1ml is required is beyond me, given the overwhelming success a mere 0.25mg - 1mg oral serving provides the large majority of men. 

My inclination is that 2.5% is overkill, and a lower concentration topical that uses a good carrier agent will be much safer with regards to unwanted side effects, yet remain efficacious.

Have a look at the European study published in October 2021 on 0.025% topical finasteride. 

You can just use much less. 

4 hours ago, HairRun said:

I have them go away in a week. Are there cases where it takes 6 months? I would imagine it goes away as soon as it leaves your system?

I’m talking about staying on it for at least 6 months to see if side effects stop or become less.

You know what's funny, I was literally thinking about this very topic this morning but had never seen your post. Min is obviously a vasodialator, so who knows it's possible that it's allowing for greater leakage of the Fin out of the target area.  

I am considering trying Xyon (Literally the only brand of Fin I would consider) but your post is giving me second thoughts for sure. Do you mind describing your sides? I'm assuming low libido and erection issues but how bad exactly? How old are you and did you have any initial signs of these issues prior to ever going on any type of fin?

Thanks and best regards

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You know what's funny, I was literally thinking about this very topic this morning but had never seen your post. Min is obviously a vasodialator, so who knows it's possible that it's allowing for greater leakage of the Fin out of the target area.  

I am considering trying Xyon (Literally the only brand of Fin I would consider) but your post is giving me second thoughts for sure. Do you mind describing your sides? I'm assuming low libido and erection issues but how bad exactly? How old are you and did you have any initial signs of these issues prior to ever going on any type of fin?

Thanks and best regards

The problem with topical is how do you protect your donor you have use like so much topical to cover your donor which is the biggest drawback of topical

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sukh123 said:

The problem with topical is how do you protect your donor you have use like so much topical to cover your donor which is the biggest drawback of topical

I don't understand, what does topical fin have to do with your donor area? 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, sukh123 said:

Exactly. That’s the great thing about being able to take Finasteride in an oral tablet. It will support all of your hair against DHT. Not just where it is applied topically in a liquid form. I really want to protect my donor from senile alopecia and to make this area (along with the recipient area) as strong as possible. 

7 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I don't understand, what does topical fin have to do with your donor area? 

The donor is not entirely safe from dht. Topical fin tends to have localized effects. Oral Form works everywhere 

Edited by davidn
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, sukh123 said:

If most of your donor has been used on top of your scalp it’s a non-issue, as you would be protecting the transplanted hair by applying it on top. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.