Hair restoration/repair surgery with Eugenix in India | April 2022 | 2526 Grafts

• 3 weeks later...

1 MONTH UPDATE 

Hi again everyone, it's been exactly 1 month today since my hairline repair work, temple point reconstruction and crown restoration procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences

I have also finished 29 days of Finasteride 1mg a day without any issues, which I am very happy to continue taking daily

Heavily shedding.. I believe it started 5 days ago. Mostly during head washing in the shower. I must say recovery has been very easy. The first two weeks were simply keeping everything clean and taking care of the grafts, even if they are secured. I was still careful. Especially going outside, wearing a cap to hide away from the harsh sunlight. I am still using baby shampoo as I feel it is doing a good job gently cleansing the hairs and keeping the scalp from being irritated. Sleeping normally, wetting hair and going out without a problem(with a cap) 

The first 4 weeks flew by very quickly and now I now find myself waiting for everything to grow evenly since it all looks very patchy! (new transplanted hairs, old transplanted hairs and and my native hairs.. all in one) As the previous transplanted hair continue to grow back,  I feel some regret for not removing more of them since some old grafts are visibly thicker or miss angled, however with the new grafts that are transplanted in the first 4 rows it will hopefully camouflage everything.  With the crown, I am pleased to see it filled with hair, I have a feeling that it will be the last area to shed and the last area to show full growth. Everyone seems to say that. We shall see. 

I have pointed out to the clinic that I have shock loss across the left side of my hairline zone, which from my theory is a result from the 30 graft extraction removal that Dr. Pradeep did for me.  This is not shedding that happens in the first month after procedure. This is not something that happened yesterday or last week either. This happened the day after the incisions were made.. meaning in the post-op result from day 1 it was visible. I believe it is trauma from what have been done the day before, since grafts may have been planted very deep. When speaking with Anil from the clinic, they were sure that it will be restored.. if not.. it will be addressed accordingly. 

I will wait a few more days and cut my own hair with a clipper just to clean up a little bit and then continue cutting my hair with a buzzcut after every month update. I just pray it will grow evenly 

Photos taken standing near a window with natural light (not strong direct sunlight):

image.thumb.png.691bfbfdaa140d432d69d3b98ae30837.png

image.thumb.png.dbbbba3cae50140959277cdf242950fb.png

image.thumb.png.c1dbced83fbc8b74d350d8bb4c88c4b4.png

Thank you to those who follow my journey and show interest. My next update will be for Month 2!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

1 MONTH UPDATE 

Hi again everyone, it's been exactly 1 month today since my hairline repair work, temple point reconstruction and crown restoration procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences

I have also finished 29 days of Finasteride 1mg a day without any issues, which I am very happy to continue taking daily

Heavily shedding.. I believe it started 5 days ago. Mostly during head washing in the shower. I must say recovery has been very easy. The first two weeks were simply keeping everything clean and taking care of the grafts, even if they are secured. I was still careful. Especially going outside, wearing a cap to hide away from the harsh sunlight. I am still using baby shampoo as I feel it is doing a good job gently cleansing the hairs and keeping the scalp from being irritated. Sleeping normally, wetting hair and going out without a problem(with a cap) 

The first 4 weeks flew by very quickly and now I now find myself waiting for everything to grow evenly since it all looks very patchy! (new transplanted hairs, old transplanted hairs and and my native hairs.. all in one) As the previous transplanted hair continue to grow back,  I feel some regret for not removing more of them since some old grafts are visibly thicker or miss angled, however with the new grafts that are transplanted in the first 4 rows it will hopefully camouflage everything.  With the crown, I am pleased to see it filled with hair, I have a feeling that it will be the last area to shed and the last area to show full growth. Everyone seems to say that. We shall see. 

I have pointed out to the clinic that I have shock loss across the left side of my hairline zone, which from my theory is a result from the 30 graft extraction removal that Dr. Pradeep did for me.  This is not shedding that happens in the first month after procedure. This is not something that happened yesterday or last week either. This happened the day after the incisions were made.. meaning in the post-op result from day 1 it was visible. I believe it is trauma from what have been done the day before, since grafts may have been planted very deep. When speaking with Anil from the clinic, they were sure that it will be restored.. if not.. it will be addressed accordingly. 

I will wait a few more days and cut my own hair with a clipper just to clean up a little bit and then continue cutting my hair with a buzzcut after every month update. I just pray it will grow evenly 

Photos taken standing near a window with natural light (not strong direct sunlight):

Thank you to those who follow my journey and show interest. My next update will be for Month 2!

Thanks for updating. 

It's always difficult to be in a position of needing a repair and then having to wait that whole 12 month period again but i've every confidence you chose well and tbe outcome should be stellar. 

10 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

1 MONTH UPDATE 

Thank you for your update.

• 1 month later...

3 MONTHS UPDATE 

Hi again everyone, it's been exactly 3 months today since my hairline repair work, temple point reconstruction and crown restoration procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences

I decided to skip the post about 2 month update because there wasn't much to show or discuss. Recovery was obviously perfect and I had no dry flakes or itching! My hair still hasn't completely returned back to normal regarding growth and maturity, I suppose I had a delayed shock loss recovery, especially in my previous transplanted area in the midscalp!

It's been quite an awkward 2 months since my last update, due to my hair growing very patchy. It's not easy having native hair, old transplant and new transplant growing in different manners. It took little more than 2 months until I had confidence go outside for a meal or a walk without a cap on. After I saw that hairs got out of control I decided to give myself a haircut and even things out. I guess it would look appropriate for the photos taken 

The hairline.. well, after 5 years of seeing pluggy doubles in my hairline, I'm happy to see soft singles now! I'm beginning to see some growth coming out of the new hairline.

The crown.. has filled in slightly compared to before, which is promising to me. I can only pray it fills out even more especially with the aid of Finasteride to stop loss around it.

The temple points.. I noticed that my new temple points didn't shed quite as much and remained with some minor pinkish tone which should definitely fade away by the end of the month. The grafts on the temple points were planted in a good amount of density, but still early to say how it will grow out but most importantly the direction it will grow. I can only hope that the hairs will grow finer and blend well with the native hair behind. It is all about growing natural for me

The last thing I want to mention is probably the donor area. With Eugenix the 2500 or so grafts taken is almost invisible at the back. There is of course scarring but nothing compared to before. My donor area is what it is due to the mess the Hair of Istanbul did 5 years ago. I must keep my hair at a number 3 or 4 guard to camouflaged everything. I wasn't able to take proper photos of it because my mirrors broke.  

Sometimes I'm surprised with myself that I even have any hair in the back after being butchered with an FUT and then butchered again with FUE

For my case it might be difficult to appreciate my procedure because the difference will be very gradual, but it still feels all new again for me. After getting short haircut in Month 2 I felt like everything is growing evenly again and with a softer hairline and a new frame to the face. It's only month 3 and I'm being as patient as possible

For the medication, I take 1mg Finasteride every morning after breakfast. No side affects yet. Keeping simple lifestyle and living as healthy as possible. I also quit caffeine and I drink alcohol once a week..

Photos below are taken like last post, in front of a window with natural sunlight 

1.thumb.png.23c157b7033cb4ec4ca312bca1e29ba9.png

image.thumb.png.e15efcab9409804dbdc680f9cadee697.png

image.thumb.png.0d65f59563bf3f0efcad6b1d5ce43019.png

image.thumb.png.d7b05e369cb4d1fcf60d5300ec98793f.png

Thanks everyone for reading and showing interest. My next update will be in a couple of months when things kick in properly!

• Like 6

Wow, that is insane growth for only 3 months, especially in the frontal region and temples! 

Months 4 and beyond will be a lot of fun watch, hopefully that convinces you to kick out monthly updates instead of every 2 month updates😁

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Ryan Daniel so happy for you, indeed the temples are growing in already. I noticed the same thing, they were the first to grow. The crown was the last to grow.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

3 MONTHS UPDATE 

Hi again everyone, it's been exactly 3 months today since my hairline repair work, temple point reconstruction and crown restoration procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences

I decided to skip the post about 2 month update because there wasn't much to show or discuss. Recovery was obviously perfect and I had no dry flakes or itching! My hair still hasn't completely returned back to normal regarding growth and maturity, I suppose I had a delayed shock loss recovery, especially in my previous transplanted area in the midscalp!

It's been quite an awkward 2 months since my last update, due to my hair growing very patchy. It's not easy having native hair, old transplant and new transplant growing in different manners. It took little more than 2 months until I had confidence go outside for a meal or a walk without a cap on. After I saw that hairs got out of control I decided to give myself a haircut and even things out. I guess it would look appropriate for the photos taken 

The hairline.. well, after 5 years of seeing pluggy doubles in my hairline, I'm happy to see soft singles now! I'm beginning to see some growth coming out of the new hairline.

The crown.. has filled in slightly compared to before, which is promising to me. I can only pray it fills out even more especially with the aid of Finasteride to stop loss around it.

The temple points.. I noticed that my new temple points didn't shed quite as much and remained with some minor pinkish tone which should definitely fade away by the end of the month. The grafts on the temple points were planted in a good amount of density, but still early to say how it will grow out but most importantly the direction it will grow. I can only hope that the hairs will grow finer and blend well with the native hair behind. It is all about growing natural for me

The last thing I want to mention is probably the donor area. With Eugenix the 2500 or so grafts taken is almost invisible at the back. There is of course scarring but nothing compared to before. My donor area is what it is due to the mess the Hair of Istanbul did 5 years ago. I must keep my hair at a number 3 or 4 guard to camouflaged everything. I wasn't able to take proper photos of it because my mirrors broke.  

Sometimes I'm surprised with myself that I even have any hair in the back after being butchered with an FUT and then butchered again with FUE

For my case it might be difficult to appreciate my procedure because the difference will be very gradual, but it still feels all new again for me. After getting short haircut in Month 2 I felt like everything is growing evenly again and with a softer hairline and a new frame to the face. It's only month 3 and I'm being as patient as possible

For the medication, I take 1mg Finasteride every morning after breakfast. No side affects yet. Keeping simple lifestyle and living as healthy as possible. I also quit caffeine and I drink alcohol once a week..

Photos below are taken like last post, in front of a window with natural sunlight 

1.thumb.png.23c157b7033cb4ec4ca312bca1e29ba9.png

image.thumb.png.e15efcab9409804dbdc680f9cadee697.png

image.thumb.png.0d65f59563bf3f0efcad6b1d5ce43019.png

image.thumb.png.d7b05e369cb4d1fcf60d5300ec98793f.png

Thanks everyone for reading and showing interest. My next update will be in a couple of months when things kick in properly!

Thanks for showing your confidence in us, really happy for you. Tremendous growth. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

4 MONTHS UPDATE

Hi guys, quick update for 4 months.  Visually not very much happening as you would expect because it's only month 4. Some new grafts sprouting in the front

The temple points have remained the same for now, the right side is growing at the quicker rate than the left side, however as mentioned before the left side had 30 grafts removed from the previous surgery that my have conflicted with the growth cycles from everything in that area

The crown, as expected is covering up very very slowly but I can feel the baby hairs for sure

I still have thin appearance throughout the scalp from overhead view but maybe its just shedding from the medication until the previous transplant recovers back to normal

133702986_crown4month.thumb.png.a502e4ed043fbfe1c2f7d29473713a75.png

552880226_left4month.thumb.png.d378385c8db677c3db51195472294870.png

123012287_right4month.thumb.png.0ee93070b2366cb1b91b530c62623cc3.png

654116667_scalp4month.thumb.png.b0b242c75c5ebff9233553a507516f6c.png

Here I have added a close up of the beautiful soft singles that are growing in front of my old hard hairline

image.thumb.png.653c3336e8223576f424c71c68f76c97.png

I decided to do a side by side comparison, incase new people that look at my post forget how I looked like before.

It is from morning before surgery and 4 months after to show and appreciate the small changes that matter. The fact that I can go outside now without wearing a cap is great.. or taking a shower and not worrying how my hair line looks are things that take a huge weight of my shoulder. 

image.thumb.png.d78094e7e8e0de6dc45f80c85a95abd5.png

Thanks everyone for reading and showing interest. My next update will be in month 5!

• Like 10

On 8/27/2022 at 4:19 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

4 MONTHS UPDATE

Hi guys, quick update for 4 months.  Visually not very much happening as you would expect because it's only month 4. Some new grafts sprouting in the front

The temple points have remained the same for now, the right side is growing at the quicker rate than the left side, however as mentioned before the left side had 30 grafts removed from the previous surgery that my have conflicted with the growth cycles from everything in that area

The crown, as expected is covering up very very slowly but I can feel the baby hairs for sure

I still have thin appearance throughout the scalp from overhead view but maybe its just shedding from the medication until the previous transplant recovers back to normal

133702986_crown4month.thumb.png.a502e4ed043fbfe1c2f7d29473713a75.png

552880226_left4month.thumb.png.d378385c8db677c3db51195472294870.png

123012287_right4month.thumb.png.0ee93070b2366cb1b91b530c62623cc3.png

654116667_scalp4month.thumb.png.b0b242c75c5ebff9233553a507516f6c.png

Here I have added a close up of the beautiful soft singles that are growing in front of my old hard hairline

image.thumb.png.653c3336e8223576f424c71c68f76c97.png

I decided to do a side by side comparison, incase new people that look at my post forget how I looked like before.

It is from morning before surgery and 4 months after to show and appreciate the small changes that matter. The fact that I can go outside now without wearing a cap is great.. or taking a shower and not worrying how my hair line looks are things that take a huge weight of my shoulder. 

image.thumb.png.d78094e7e8e0de6dc45f80c85a95abd5.png

Thanks everyone for reading and showing interest. My next update will be in month 5!

Wow.. that side by side.. what a difference a strong hairline and temple points do to a persons appearance, you look great bro

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@Ryan Daniel your results so far are nothing short of excellent. For four months you are growing ahead of the game and those temple points are spot on. This repair will have been well worth the wait! Thanks for sharing mate! 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right on track for month 4!  Huge cosmetic difference already, really puts into perspective the naturalness of the work versus your previous surgeries!  Also very nice to hear you are getting your freedom back and not living under a cap anymore, just shows it is more than just a hair transplant you got! Look forward to next months update. Take Care Ryan! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

At 4 months it already looks much more natural.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Ryan Daniel How high was your original transplanted hairline, and by how much did Eugenix lower it ? 

I have also had a hair transplant at another clinic, and they have put some doubles and even a triple in my hairline. It was not a hair mill. The doctor had done my entire procedure himself and the doctor was recommended by his former professor. His patients were happy with their results.

As soon as I saw a few doubles I went to @Eugenix Hair Sciences, despite not being their patient they were kind enough to do a fair and unbiased evaluation of my transplant. Not only that but the doctor and councellors were very empathetic, the doctor herself took out one hour of her time to councel me and to put my mind to ease, all this despite not being their patient or some celebrity.

They have asked me to wait a few months for the results and have said that after looking at the final results they may be able to lower my hair line by 0.5 cm. However, I am not sure how good a low hairline will look as I age.

My current hairline is 8cm from the glabella and I am 28 years old.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:34 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

7 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

@Ryan Daniel How high was your original transplanted hairline, and by how much did Eugenix lower it ? 

I have also had a hair transplant at another clinic, and they have put some doubles and even a triple in my hairline. It was not a hair mill. The doctor had done my entire procedure himself and the doctor was recommended by his former professor. His patients were happy with their results.

As soon as I saw a few doubles I went to @Eugenix Hair Sciences, despite not being their patient they were kind enough to do a fair and unbiased evaluation of my transplant. Not only that but the doctor and councellors were very empathetic, the doctor herself took out one hour of her time to councel me and to put my mind to ease, all this despite not being their patient or some celebrity.

They have asked me to wait a few months for the results and have said that after looking at the final results they may be able to lower my hair line by 0.5 cm. However, I am not sure how good a low hairline will look as I age.

My current hairline is 8cm from the glabella and I am 28 years old.

Hello, my natural hairline was 8.5 cm.  In 2017 I went to Turkey to lower my hairline to have a smaller forehead, but the hairline was terrible. The original transplanted hairline was made at 7cm from glabella.  5 years later, I came to Eugenix to fix it, we decided that the best solution was the plant softer grafts in front of it, so we lowered it almost by 1 cm.. in order to have 3 rows of new single grafts 

Just now I have measured the center tip of my hairline and it is currently around 6cm from the glabella. This is the lowest a hairline should be for someone who suffers from male pattern baldness