Hair restoration/repair surgery with Eugenix in India | April 2022 | 2526 Grafts

Really pleased for you Ryan. As other posters have said your hairline looks very natural.  I'm also super impressed with how well your crown is looking too! Plus lots more improvement to come. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:50 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

6 MONTHS UPDATE

A big month when it comes to a hair transplant procedure. 

I have definitely seen and felt a difference from previous months, however there is still some more growth that is yet to happen. 

In the beginning I thought I was one of the people who is a fast grower, especially on my temples, but now at month 6 I realize that I still have empty spots on the hairline which are yet to have hairs coming out of them. I hope I am a slow grower because it only means more growth.

I will say that I am much more comfortable with my hair than I ever was. Waking up, showering and walking out the door is incredibly easy these days. If it's windy outside.. I don't give a sh*t. My hair stays as it is and I'm not worried about how my hairline looks either because I know it's more natural now and not having that transplanted appearance. 

With Finasteride things have been going super well. Religiously taking the 1mg per day routine, I almost gave up on the in the beginning because I had pain in left testicle (which went away over time) watery semen (which came back to normal now) and also slightly tired which doesn't happen anymore. I stuck to it and carried on. I am determined to see if it will work on me. I remember people like Karl @ Zoomster saying that it thickened his donor area.  Small comments like these motivated me incredibly. I have been on the pill for almost 6 months now and hopefully Ill be able to continue it to preserve what I have. 

The top view of my entire head will always seem to appear thin, simply because all the hairs are implanted upwards thanks to Hair of Istanbul (worst clinic in Turkey by a mile), but I must live with it 

The left hand side temple has much more to improve, I see tiny stubble here and there which give me confidence for future growth.

The right hand side temple has grown extremely well, to the point where ill be happy if it stays as is..

The hairline as mentioned is finally natural, with a few remaining empty spots still remaining to grow

Finally, the crown has been a steady ship. I have seen and felt improvements. The crown is special to me because it was an area that was never touched previously, so it all feels like a new thing and I'm happy to see it grow slowly. 

Also, the donor area might look thick and full on the photos, but in reality it is simply due to medium length appearance and some SMP that I had from 4 years ago.  The team at @Eugenix Hair Sciences did their best with my donor area, it's not easy to find a clinic work on someone who was destroyed and keep things the way they are rather than making it worse.

I decided to skip a few haircuts the past weeks to see what happens, I haven't used hair products since before I got the procedure. I also threw away all my Toppik hair fiber products

That's all for now

Photos below are taken standing near a window with everyday natural light as always! (not strong direct sunlight):

image.thumb.png.135b580375f729af29c580f3b6e9e7c3.png

image.thumb.png.ccdc3aabdda0e704ff0731ffa37bb02e.png

image.thumb.png.7856402763a9d31f0e2d7a0aa628087d.png

image.thumb.png.419c3756db0bd3a45fbc8f2b0882929f.png

image.thumb.png.10d6be77ae6c1f4753dd6bc7f7083678.png

I will also attach a few side by side to see minor difference which have affected me very much in my life when it comes to confidence and natural appearance.

Photos were taken at work, in an environment lighting of how people see me everyday 

It is a very conservative improvement, which is exactly what I wanted and what I will want to look like when I'm older

1553878761_preandafter1.png.abe1c7d63ed0ebe68e208e4c27392a13.png

image.png.a2729f25ec8719b73af6165abec320ec.png

Thanks all for showing interest. Will be updating in the next month or two

@Ryan Daniel..Hi Ryan this is coming along great …can I ask did you say you had SMP into donor ? Would you recommend it ? 

2 hours ago, Zoomster said:

@Ryan Daniel..Hi Ryan this is coming along great …can I ask did you say you had SMP into donor ? Would you recommend it ? 

Hi Karl, 

I definitely recommend it but only under someone who is qualified. SMP into the donor area gives the illusion that you have a fuller donor area when the hairs are slightly longer. Works perfect with a number 3 guard haircut, myself I tend to go with a number 4. This route is always beneficial for people like us who had multiple procedures. 

I'm a big fan of SMP done into FUE scars and also I've seen some successful FUT scars get covered with SMP. I had SMP only because I was overharvested.... I done mine in late 2017 and it is beginning to fade ever so slightly. I remember being told that SMP requires a touchup every 6-7 years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi Karl, 

I definitely recommend it but only under someone who is qualified. SMP into the donor area gives the illusion that you have a fuller donor area when the hairs are slightly longer. Works perfect with a number 3 guard haircut, myself I tend to go with a number 4. This route is always beneficial for people like us who had multiple procedures. 

I'm a big fan of SMP done into FUE scars and also I've seen some successful FUT scars get covered with SMP. I had SMP only because I was overharvested.... I done mine in late 2017 and it is beginning to fade ever so slightly. I remember being told that SMP requires a touchup every 6-7 years

Thanks Ryan …it certainly seems to have worked a treat for you ..why is it Im picking up from some threads that some clinics just don’t like doing SMP into donors ?? It seems to be the exception where you will find a decent clinic to do it ? Maybe things have moved on ..it doesn’t appear to be a straightforward procedure..

• Administrators

Wow looks incredible, so happy for you 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Nice progress (hairline and crown). Big improvements over your starting point.

Re. the temples. I'm a big fan of temple point restoration. As you say it gives the hairline a masculine appearance.

Symmetry: The argument goes asymmetry is natural. The statement is true. So are crooked noses, protruding ears, wonky teeth etc etc. all naturally occurring features but also undesirable.

Facial symmetry increases perceived attractiveness.

Your desire for symmetrical temple points is spot on.

Eugenix appears to have a cookie-cutter approach to temple points. Given your hair characteristics the bold TP's are too bold. More refined (smaller)  TP's may have been more appropriate.

The good news is outside of the nerdy HT community no one will be any the wiser to our hair by hair analysis🙂

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...