Which doctor is better Dr.Juan Couto or Dr.Bruno Ferreira

What is the esteemed opinion of the community? 

Which doctor is better for my case Dr.Ferreira or Dr.Couto?

A 44 year old man on full medication (dut, fin, minox, alfatradiol, nizorol and etc).

Needed a small procedure 1250 fue grafts (hairline and tempies).

Money and waiting is not a problem, i can wait 1-2 or 3 years

-but i want the doctor to be included in operation as much is possible

-and would like to be the only patient that day.

What is Your opinion

-which doctor to choose?

Best regards to whole community.

Both are very impressive, Dr Couto will do up to 3 patients per day though. Dr Ferreira as far as I’m aware is still only 1 person per day. Have you also been considering others ? Dr De Freitas, Dr Bisanga, Dr Pinto for example ? It could just come down to seeing as many results as possible and deciding who’s work you personally prefer. Best is very subjective… We are talking of some of the elite here… 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I have seen quality results from both of these physicians. My advice is to consult with many surgeons and look at their reviews. Feel free to look at our full recommendations below.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Both would be great picks but there's no guarantee you'll be the only patient with Dr Couto but the results generally seem to indicate that his team are definitely amongst the elites of the industry including himself. 

It's best to like others have suggested to get consultations and see who has results with patients similar to you.

The doctors you mention deal a lot with patients from Spain which are typically lauded for having thicker coarser hair to work with which helps to showcase those "wow" results a bit more. 

However if you don't have similar characteristics, that doesn't mean you can't get a great result too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Both are very impressive, Dr Couto will do up to 3 patients per day though. Dr Ferreira as far as I’m aware is still only 1 person per day. Have you also been considering others ? Dr De Freitas, Dr Bisanga, Dr Pinto for example ? It could just come down to seeing as many results as possible and deciding who’s work you personally prefer. Best is very subjective… We are talking of some of the elite here… 

It is not true that Couto attends up to 3 patients per day, the reality is that he operates 1 and sometimes 2, in each a few grafts per day and never at the same time, because they attend one patient in the morning and another in the afternoon when they have finished with the first. Part of his protocol is to implant a few grafts per day in each patient to control all the stages of the procedure well, and that it ends up being comfortable for the patient instead of sitting all day. His team has been with him for years and the results they offer are unbeatable.

I know Ferreira's work very well, he is a good doctor, but without detracting from his work, he is not even remotely comparable to Couto, especially when it comes to frontal work with temples. In Spain being so close to Portugal, Ferreira has never been a doctor on our top list, even when he worked in Spain with Lorenzo.

I have also seen comments repeatedly that in Spain we all have thick hair and it is not true, there is everything like in any other part of the world.

In my own family, I have medium hair and my two brothers have very fine hair.

Edited by RMancini
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Suzuki sz said:

What is the esteemed opinion of the community? 

Which doctor is better for my case Dr.Ferreira or Dr.Couto?

A 44 year old man on full medication (dut, fin, minox, alfatradiol, nizorol and etc).

Needed a small procedure 1250 fue grafts (hairline and tempies).

Money and waiting is not a problem, i can wait 1-2 or 3 years

-but i want the doctor to be included in operation as much is possible

-and would like to be the only patient that day.

What is Your opinion

-which doctor to choose?

Best regards to whole community.

You may be looking for something like this,
good luck in your choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RMancini said:

It is not true that Couto attends up to 3 patients per day, the reality is that he operates 1 and sometimes 2, in each a few grafts per day and never at the same time, because they attend one patient in the morning and another in the afternoon when they have finished with the first. Part of his protocol is to implant a few grafts per day in each patient to control all the stages of the procedure well, and that it ends up being comfortable for the patient instead of sitting all day. His team has been with him for years and the results they offer are unbeatable.

I know Ferreira's work very well, he is a good doctor, but without detracting from his work, he is not even remotely comparable to Couto, especially when it comes to frontal work with temples. In Spain being so close to Portugal, Ferreira has never been a doctor on our top list, even when he worked in Spain with Lorenzo.

I have also seen comments repeatedly that in Spain we all have thick hair and it is not true, there is everything like in any other part of the world.

In my own family, I have medium hair and my two brothers have very fine hair.

You are very right that people do have a variety of hair thickness around the world, even in Spain but i think in terms of a general trend ethnically, those are the observations some notice which is probably a bit of a generalised stereotype. 

I think OP will find it helpful regarding how many patients Dr Couto deals with but i also think OP could benefit from talking to the clinic directly. 

• Like 1

@RManciniWe have had reports that Dr Couto has done up to 3 patients per day, but mostly I have seen it’s 1 or 2 like you mention. Personally i believe that Dr De Freitas is doing some particularly excellent work, but again “best” is very subjective. It can come down to who’s work we prefer. Absolutely no doubt Dr Couto is doing some superb work (Yours included) and it would be nice to see more results here in the forum, although I do see more of his results elsewhere. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

OP wanted to be the only patient per day, which he wouldn’t be with Dr Couto most likely, but yeh talking to the clinic directly would be best here. I don’t have any issues with any Dr/Clinic doing around 2 patients per day. For example H+W and Dr Lorenzo are up to 4 a day.. It all depends on the cases booked in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.A.C said:

OP wanted to be the only patient per day, which he wouldn’t be with Dr Couto most likely, but yeh talking to the clinic directly would be best here. I don’t have any issues with any Dr/Clinic doing around 2 patients per day. For example H+W and Dr Lorenzo are up to 4 a day.. It all depends on the cases booked in. 

As long as the doctor is involved to the best extent necessary and has a great team of technicians, i think this will allay concerns. 

I think they are acutely aware of their reputations and likely wish to maintain it. 

Regarding 2-3 patients a day, i think it depends on the requirements of some. A single larger session and 2 smaller patient situations in an afternoon still wouldn't be stretching the doctor or teams imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, NARMAK said:

As long as the doctor is involved to the best extent necessary and has a great team of technicians, i think this will allay concerns. 

I think they are acutely aware of their reputations and likely wish to maintain it. 

Regarding 2-3 patients a day, i think it depends on the requirements of some. A single larger session and 2 smaller patient situations in an afternoon still wouldn't be stretching the doctor or teams imo. 

Yeh it’s totally up to the individual choosing, but it’s very case dependent as I mentioned. Say it was the OP wanting a low amount of grafts as he mentioned, that could be included in a Dr doing 2 sessions a day no problem. 
We are talking some excellent/Elite Drs here, it’s a far cry from a hair mill doing as many patients per day as possible. 
As a average most top Drs/Clinics are doing 1-2 patients per day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.A.C said:

@RManciniWe have had reports that Dr Couto has done up to 3 patients per day, but mostly I have seen it’s 1 or 2 like you mention. Personally i believe that Dr De Freitas is doing some particularly excellent work, but again “best” is very subjective. It can come down to who’s work we prefer. Absolutely no doubt Dr Couto is doing some superb work (Yours included) and it would be nice to see more results here in the forum, although I do see more of his results elsewhere. 

@J.A.C I have been following Dr Couto along as other Spanish doctors and clinics and Dr Couto is almost the only one doing just 1 or max 2 patients a day in Spain. 

For example, Dr Lorenzo was doing up to even 4 a day. And Dr Freitas usually does 3 per day. 

Mancini already confirmed Couto´s methodology above and I just read almost the same protocol from another possible patient who recently visited Dr Couto.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:49 PM, Prof101 said:

Dr. Couto in 2022 (in person consultation, free) 

In terms of methods, what separates Dr Couto from the rest is that he does not do more than roughly 1K per patient a day. He only has 2 patients every day, 1K in morning and 1K in afternoon. He explained to me that he wants the grafts to spend the least amount of time outside the body. Also the less trauma to the donor in one day the better. 

But as you said, the best is that @Suzuki sz reaches out to the clinic to confirm this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OliverAtom said:

I have been following Dr Couto along as other Spanish doctors and clinics and Dr Couto is almost the only one doing just 1 or max 2 patients a day in Spain. 

For example, Dr Lorenzo was doing up to even 4 a day. And Dr Freitas usually does 3 per day. 

Mancini already confirmed Couto´s methodology above and I just read almost the same protocol from another possible patient who recently visited Dr Couto.

If it’s is up to 2 per day then even better, I will have to look and see who said it was that he was doing up to 3 per day.

As I said myself yes Dr Lorenzo is up to 4 a day, Freitas is up to 3 a day, H+W is up to 4 a day. I have absolutely no issue with any of these, or how many Dr Couto is doing. 

• Like 2

Dr couto is a much better choice than Ferreira. Ferreira hasn't been working alone for a long time, so he doesn't have many results online. Ferreira was dr Lorenzo’s assistant before years ago…so now he needs to work many years alone , so he gets more experience by himself.

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

Thank You all for Your response to this topic:

@RMancini @J.A.C @Melvin- Moderator @OliverAtom @NARMAK @deeznuts @rob7331 @Gramatik

I will have to think a little more about which HT doctor to choose.

I will contact some doctors and ask him some questions.

It is important to me to be the only patient that day and maximum involvement attention and dedication of the doctor.

Because of these demand i can pay a little extra money to clinic.

I really don"T care about:

too big kindness of employears, tehnicans and sales agents

-dont care about 

lunch, transfer from airport and accommodation, and beauty and shine of clinic.

Best regards too all 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

That result using only 1700+ grafts was amazing!  How did he get such density with such a large square area on only 1700??

Wow

Not all of Couto's results are that great...

Check out Belicapelli and fororecuparartupelo. 

There are some average results from Couto. 

He is a great surgeon and true artist but just because you see these cherry picked results on his youtube channel does not necessarily mean you gonna get the exact same. Keep that mind. 

• Like 1