Dr Sethi, Eugenix | Three Sittings (Mar 22, Oct 22 & Feb 24) | 11,166 Grafts (inc 3613 BHT)

Bandit90

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Your donor is exceptional after 2 gigasession surgeries.  It’s both shocking and inspiring, that you were turned down by virtually everyone else. No doubt Dr. Sethi has proven himself to be part of the three-horseman, Norwood reaper slayers. Honestly, this alone for two surgeries is exceptional 

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Honestly really pleased with how my donor recovered. I was always so sceptical with how far it would go, as I had been told by most clinics my donor was poor. But credit to Eugenix, their donor management has been top notch. Agreed Dr Sethi really is the Norwood slayer, I also like how he treats hair restoration like a artist's canvas rather than a pure science. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SLA said:

Dang @Bandit90- When I look at the photos you have provided before this last surgery, it was already looking PHENOMENAL- even the crown! I am not sure if I would have even ventured back for a last time if I had this after two surgeries. Another 2k+ grafts in the mid-scalp/crown is going to make this truly UNBELIEVABLE! I am so happy for you and looking forward to seeing this journey unfold for a 3rd time.  

Thank you so much Adam! I could have definitely lived with the two results and been very happy, but I had always factored in three rounds to get the result I always wanted. The third procedure is just  the icing on the cake and let me close the book on this hair restoration. Are you not getting itchy feet for a third and final pass 😉 ?

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

John boy I have to say I’m absolutely delighted for you ..to be Honest when I seen your pics for the very first time I was on the fence as to whether this would work out for you …asking myself was the great Doc himself biting off more than he could chew 🤔..but it was only a flinching doubt …we all never should of doubted him and the team ..

you’ve shown great character and resilience throughout your journey in having your hair and much more restored….

Make no mistake…..such aggressive hair loss at such a young age as you were ..is no joke …some young men don’t even live to tell the tale it can have such an impact ….

It’s all behind you know ….I’m sure your beloved wife is mightily relieved 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Are you not getting itchy feet for a third and final pass 😉 ?

Let's see how #2 pans out, but for sure, you 3 timers are an inspiration!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Thank you Melvin! I do have to pinch myself sometimes, that this was even possible! 

When people say that hair doesn’t matter, I’m literally showing them this picture. How do you go from looking like my old science teacher (no offense)  to a Love island contestant in 18 months. Your transformation is Nuts

Edited by Myles23
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

10 years ago we would have been amazed that this was even possible. This has been smashed now. Amazing.

88646E9A-489D-4F96-982E-907CD4E70A50.jpeg

pics shows the impact hairloss can have.

Not just the hair on his head but @Bandit90 looks alot healthier now.

Delighted for him with his results. For sure it was worth the 40k plus it cost.

Edited by hairman22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Hi, congratulations on your third HT

Can you show pictures with hair from the sides, so we can see how temple points looked before procedure?

@Bandit90Bandit90 do you need to take FIN or minoxidil?

You baldness would have stabilised forgive me if I'm wrong im new to all this but if it's stabilised don't need to savour any hair....

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
46 minutes ago, dba said:

@Bandit90Bandit90 do you need to take FIN or minoxidil?

You baldness would have stabilised forgive me if I'm wrong im new to all this but if it's stabilised don't need to savour any hair....

Yes Bandit90 is on medication. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Zoomster said:

John boy I have to say I’m absolutely delighted for you ..to be Honest when I seen your pics for the very first time I was on the fence as to whether this would work out for you …asking myself was the great Doc himself biting off more than he could chew 🤔..but it was only a flinching doubt …we all never should of doubted him and the team ..

you’ve shown great character and resilience throughout your journey in having your hair and much more restored….

Make no mistake…..such aggressive hair loss at such a young age as you were ..is no joke …some young men don’t even live to tell the tale it can have such an impact ….

It’s all behind you know ….I’m sure your beloved wife is mightily relieved 😂😂

Thank you Karl! Being a NW7 you really have to be in this for the long game. It cases like yourself, that have given me confidence and resilience to pursue the dream of hair! Now feels very nice to be on the decline after a whirlwind two years) 

You are completely right about it being no joke, I once thought to myself as a slick bald 21 year old that I would rather lose a limb than be bald. Which is crazy thinking in hindsight, however it's thoughts like this that put into perspective the psychological trauma baldness in your teens can cause. However, we now live in age where boundaries are being pushed and if you do your research  there are solid options for those with aggressive baldness. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Myles23 said:

When people say that hair doesn’t matter, I’m literally showing them this picture. How do you go from looking like my old science teacher (no offense)  to a Love island contestant in 18 months. Your transformation is Nuts

Haha Cheers! It is big before and after difference for sure. You will have to give your old science teacher Dr Sethis details and sign him up to Love Island 2025 🤣 I'll be honest,those before pictures do me dirty a little, because I had to  grow the donor and beard out for a couple of months prior to the surgery. I regularly kept the hair and beard cropped short, which made me a bit less scary looking, 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rose17 said:

Your case may be the greatest of all time IMO. It is mind blowing. Congrats!

Cheers mate! There are some phenomenal results on here, so means a lot  to be considered GOAT status amongst these! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dba said:

@Gatsby thank you

I've seen alot of cases who are not

N maintained incredible hair after op

Yeah i'm on fin 1mg daily. I take to reduce this risk of my donor thinning. Totally understand why those in the same position as me who would not want to take, but  fortunately I  tolerate it without sides, so seems sensible to throw it into my regime.  

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 5:47 PM, Bandit90 said:

Third Sitting 

So, have just done a third (and final sitting) for 3018 grafts.

Plan

Before I came for the third sitting, my focus was solely to improve the density in the crown area. I felt by adding density to the crown area, I would be very pleased with the outcome.

After meeting with Dr Sethi and assessing my hair, he believed there was scope to improve my existing hairline and temples, after addressing my crown density. I was super cautious about adding anything to my hairline, mainly because I was completely happy with what I had from the first sitting, and ultimately, I am high Norwood and understand my limits. However, Dr Sethi assured me that he didn’t want to lower the hairline (thus retaining the 8cm above the glabella height). The plan was to slightly tweak the hairline design to give what he calls a “three peak” design, which is essentially three mini-widow’s peaks (as opposed to one big one), which would break up the prominence of my large flat looking forehead. He assured me that this would only require 350 grafts. Ultimately, for 350 grafts, I felt this would give a lot of bang for the buck.

550 grafts, were also used on my temple’s points. Because of my blonde hair, Dr Sethi felt that adding in some additional softer hairs would help increase the shade, to give a sharper appearance. I was a little reluctant at first to do any temple work, mainly because I was more than happy from the first sitting results. I also emphasised that I did not want to waste any grafts in the hairline and temples, which would be better served in the crown. However, he explained the zones where these hairs were being taken from  except for 40 grafts (to be used to improve density behind the temples), there would be no such compromise. The remaining bulk of the grafts were used to improve mid-scalp and crown density. After this discussion I happily agreed to this plan.

So of the 3018 grafts used in the third sitting, 350 were used to improve the hairline, 550 were used to sharpen up the temple areas and the remaining 2118 grafts (1,005 scalp & 1,113 beard) were used to improve mid-scalp and crown density. In total that brings me to a gigantic 11,166 grafts (7,553 scalp & 3,613 beard). 

Experience

Once again, I have been blown away by the Eugenix team, it would simply be impossible to thank everyone. But I just want to again highlight the exceptional technicians, their work ethic and efficiency are just another level. Also a huge shout out to the non-surgical staff, who work extremely hard to cater for your needs, and make the surgery day as smooth as can be process.

Also, I got to hang out with the legendary @Gatsby while I was there, and his results are even more breathtaking in person. I also hung out with fellow forum member @Stewie, whose hair results again are just phenomenal. It's so amazing to get to witness these results in person, as it just gives you a feel for how far the industry has come.

Also, it would be remiss not to shout Dr Sethi. The guy is just a true master of his craft. A thousand thanks are just not enough, for the transformation he has given me. He always wants to challenge himself to give his patients the best possible outcome. For my situation, I don’t believe there is better a surgeon to have taken on my case and if I could have my time again, I would not hesitate to choose him and Euegnix clinic again.

Summary

In one sense it feels bittersweet that I’m coming to the end of my hair restoration journey. I have always worked on the premise that it was a three-step process to get where I needed to be and have stuck to that plan. On the other hand, I’m super excited to see this final surgery grow and put the icing on the cake. I can safely say that’s me done with hair restoration. I’m looking forward to growing and doing regular updates.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

One of the finest results. After the third sitting, it'll get even better 👌

On 2/16/2024 at 6:02 PM, hairman22 said:

seems like you were pushed to get more grafts tbh

If there's scope for more improvements, I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Dr Sethi, Eugenix | Three Sittings (Mar 22, Oct 22 & Feb 24) | 11,166 Grafts (inc 3613 BHT)
8 hours ago, Shadman said:

One of the finest results. After the third sitting, it'll get even better 👌

If there's scope for more improvements, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Thanks man - Fingers crossed 🤞

6 hours ago, bigmistake said:

How do you have so much donor hair ? Are you on oral finastride ?

Yes I am on finasteride. I don't think, I have lots of donor per-se, if anything i'd say its on the poorer side. I think it has just been extracted over three sittings, so got a bit more mileage from it. I think if i'd had gone down the Dr Pitella route of being more aggressive with the scalp extractions in the first sitting, I may have got a bit less out of it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Yes I am on finasteride. I don't think, I have lots of donor per-se, if anything i'd say its on the poorer side. I think it has just been extracted over three sittings, so got a bit more mileage from it. I think if i'd had gone down the Dr Pitella route of being more aggressive with the scalp extractions in the first sitting, I may have got a bit less out of it. 

Maybe finastride strengthened your donor ? 

Day 7 – Update

Most of the scabs have come off. Now bracing for the upcoming shed. Similar to my 1st sitting, the implanted areas look a little red, and expect this to take a few months to subside. Happy with the hairline, it will soften up when the slow-growing hairs, grow in. Everything looks very similar to my 7-day post-op after my first sitting (which I’m taking as a reassuring sign).

image.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bandit90 said:

Day 7 – Update

Most of the scabs have come off. Now bracing for the upcoming shed. Similar to my 1st sitting, the implanted areas look a little red, and expect this to take a few months to subside. Happy with the hairline, it will soften up when the slow-growing hairs, grow in. Everything looks very similar to my 7-day post-op after my first sitting (which I’m taking as a reassuring sign).

image.jpeg

looks really good buzzed. hairline looks awesome

• Thanks 1

Just now, hairman22 said:

looks really good buzzed. hairline looks awesome

Cheers Mate - From my observations, the 7 day result, is a good indicator of how it would look shaved in 12 months time. 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 7:57 PM, bigmistake said:

Maybe finastride strengthened your donor ? 

Maybe - I'm not convinced i've been a super responder to it, who has re-grown or thickening. But I guess it's hard to tell, as i've gone through three procedure since commencing it. I'm just using it as an insurance against any donor thinning, which may or may not happen.  

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...