Your 6 month vs 12 month photo

digi23

A fun topic. The golden mark is usually said to be the 6 month mark.

Usually we see most growth at month 3 to 6. I thought we could make a thread where you post your 6 month mark photo and compare it to your 12 month mark photo to see what progress can be done between these two time stamps.

All cases are welcome, preferably it would be ideal if you have high quality photos in the same light on both photos.

Let the bombardment with photos begin! :D

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

• Administrators

This is my comparison, I had quick growth, but there was a visible difference for sure. 259A2416-71A8-4CA1-8B13-F83EDF5BF8A8.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, shadowcast said:

Both photos will need to be in same conditions/length/style to be relevant.

We’re not clinics, as patients we can only post pictures in similar conditions, in my case, both pictures were outside in sun light.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I had pretty good growth at 6 months.

Month-6-to-12.thumb.jpg.e5fd18bc63c8eabe0370d53b565864f4.jpg

Big difference in terms of maturity.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

View my thread

6 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Top is 6 months, bottom is 12. My hair is longer plus I had full scalp SMP at 10 months so my 12 month photos look denser than they would have without it. 

9DADAF1A-F19B-47FF-86B7-E120605D5BC7.jpeg

Your hairline looked about done at 6 months, really nice result overall. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I had pretty good growth at 6 months.

Month-6-to-12.thumb.jpg.e5fd18bc63c8eabe0370d53b565864f4.jpg

Indeed, really sick result. It seems like it thickened up abit, or just that the hair matured more at the 12 month mark. 

11 hours ago, digi23 said:

Indeed, really sick result. It seems like it thickened up abit, or just that the hair matured more at the 12 month mark. 

The hair matured a lot. Increased in density and I'm certain more hair came through. You can see how the hair was a little "pubic hair" like. It smoothed out perfectly.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is pretty depressing actually

Seems like month 6 the result is pretty much decided and there’s very little maturation and perhaps a few grafts popping up afterwards.

So if you’re not happy at 6 months not much is coming afterwards. But if you’re happy at 6 months, the increased thickness and a little more hairs afterwards make the result look awesome.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:47 PM, EvoXOhio said:

Top is 6 months, bottom is 12. My hair is longer plus I had full scalp SMP at 10 months so my 12 month photos look denser than they would have without it.                    

9DADAF1A-F19B-47FF-86B7-E120605D5BC7.jpeg                  Truly an amazing result. However, it would be nice to take better photos. For example, such as permanent makeup images which I recently saw on one reputable service. I understand that this is not very important, the main thing is the result. But, as a professional photographer, I pay attention to this.

Really, an excellent result.😮👍