Second HT at age 34, Eugenix (Arika Bansal)

quillum

49 minutes ago, Zinedine said:

Hi quillum,

I am sorry to say this but, I think your hair and overall look was a lot better before this FUE procedure. And it's not just your donor but your hairline looks really diffused... What are your thoughts on the before-after? The quality of the hair seems a lot worse now.

Are you still taking your Finasteride? Have you consider increasing the dose to 1mg? Or even changing to Dutasteride, maybe? Have they suggested this from the clinic? And Minoxidil? 

Well, let's wait a few months since all might recover a bit and get better. Thanks a lot for sharing your story.

Hi Zinedine, thanks for your honest feedback. For a final evaluation, I should wait 12 months, let's assume this is still in the growing phase... I am at month 7.

But surely, I was expecting a better result at this point.

The clinic is just suggesting that I should wait and I should keep my hair long to camouflage the patchiness on the back. I don't see that as a good option especially after 7 months... i have been waiting enough I think

So I am going to do SMP to camouflage the back of my head (more money and more hassle), which sucks as I never even thought about doing SMP before for my linear scar, it wasn't bothering me, you just have to not shave your head over that scar. Now... well you see how it looks.

I am taking FInasteride regularly (0.5mg/day) and I am not really willing to go up to 1mg, unless there is a proven science that it will increase its efficacy...

Regarding minoxidil, I stopped taking it 6 months before surgery. Maybe I should start again (But I really hate the topical solution - been using it for years and it's really annoying!). In any case, at Eugenix they advised me to not use Minoxidil.

I never took Dutasteride, and I am not too informed about its effects, dosages, etc... 

But yeah, I remember that at this stage, after my first HT, I was well happy and excited about the results - can't say the same about this time around.

I apparently am not one of the miracle child of Eugenix like others members that had much better results overall

Every suggestion and opinion is welcome anyways!

Edited by quillum

Hey man! 

Thanks for the update. Sad to read you are not on track with your progress. I just had a look at your pics, it does appear that all the implanted grafts have grown, and the temples are looking good. I know you state 7 months, but I think this is an error, as you where the week after me for the surgery when we met, so I put that at roughly 6 month post-op now. This therefore still gives a lot of time for that hair to mature. So I would hold off any SMP until at least 12 months. 

You take some photos in some really harsh lighting and also when wet.  Unfortunately with a HT, it is only an illusion of density, so will struggle passing even when fully matured. 

Agree the donor, does look patchy and smp could well be a solution here, however maybe hold off a few months yet. Really hope this is not DUPA. If I remember correctly you said you only took 0.25mg daily finasteride (I remember thinking to myself at the time it is a very low doesage). Perhaps you could try and do 1mg ED or EOD. Or if your not comfortable implement  topical finasteride into regime to give your hair the best chance. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 7:34 PM, Bandit90 said:

Hey man! 

Thanks for the update. Sad to read you are not on track with your progress. I just had a look at your pics, it does appear that all the implanted grafts have grown, and the temples are looking good. I know you state 7 months, but I think this is an error, as you where the week after me for the surgery when we met, so I put that at roughly 6 month post-op now. This therefore still gives a lot of time for that hair to mature. So I would hold off any SMP until at least 12 months. 

You take some photos in some really harsh lighting and also when wet.  Unfortunately with a HT, it is only an illusion of density, so will struggle passing even when fully matured. 

Agree the donor, does look patchy and smp could well be a solution here, however maybe hold off a few months yet. Really hope this is not DUPA. If I remember correctly you said you only took 0.25mg daily finasteride (I remember thinking to myself at the time it is a very low doesage). Perhaps you could try and do 1mg ED or EOD. Or if your not comfortable implement  topical finasteride into regime to give your hair the best chance. 

Hi @Bandit90 so good to hear from you! I have been following your progress, and it's really amazing! So happy for you!!

You are right it's month 6, I made a mistake there. And yes, I will postpone my SMP, even though it's really annoying having to keep long hair to cover the patchiness in the back of the scalp.

I didn't think that would have been a possibility considering the limited number of grafts, and I was looking at the clinics results which are normally very natural.

As far as the growth, I can say I'm quite happy considering it's still early. But the positive experience is limited by all the other issues and worries that I mentioned in the other posts.

I take 0,5 mg finasteride per day ( I wanted to try 0,25mg but never did in the end)

Anyways, what is ED / EOD?

so great to hear from you mate!!!

2 hours ago, Wazza91 said:

Hi man I had a similar experience with eugenix I’m at 7 months and only had 2k grafts and my donor looks over harvested. Which it shouldn’t given I had no donor miniaturisation at a consult before with another doctor and this was my first procedure . I’m waiting for them to email the photos so I can make a thread about it . Your’s looks completely unacceptable from my point of view , considering your donor looked great before the procedure and given you only had 2k grafts and this was your first session. The state of your donor is completely unacceptable and worse than what I’ve seen at hair mills at Turkey . I’ve seen numerous cases from my research this week with people with all the same donor issues from eugenix aswell ,so it’s a pattern. Hopefully I will get my photos soon so I can make my thread 

Not sure the donor is as bad as the turkey mills - you sound very pessimistic and have mentioned your donor being over harvested. Please post some pictures to prove what you are claiming so the forum can be clear you are genuine. It is unfair to make these claims without pictures and gives potential and upcoming @Eugenix Hair Science patients needless anxiety. 

Head in the sand? Ive got 2 friends who have been to Turkey and been butchered they dont go out in public without a hat! If you had your procedure 7th months ago, we would love to see a few pics… Also where are these other 8 cases of Eugenix you refer to?

2 minutes ago, Wazza91 said:

I assume you had a procedure with them, and im not posting photos until the clinic sends me the official ones as I’ve said . Because I don’t have those and if I make a thread people will say I didn’t go , the rep hasn’t sent me then yet. When.i get those I will make a thread so I’m not accused of being a random person. And im not posting all those links just search eugenix cases via just the title in the search and you will see. Their donor management is awful , look at this case for example . 2k for a first procedure and the donor looks like this . It  should be undetectable after only 2k for a first time procedure. The place is becoming a hair mill I think now, to many techs who you don’t know who will do the work, which is why people don’t go hair mills in Turkey .

Ok I respect your opinion and so does the community, but please stay quiet till you have posted your pics so we know you are a genuine Eugenix patient. 

Well im glad im a N6, and my hairstyles are skin fades.. so im not too concerned about overharvesting, as ive read only 2 threads on here saying that with 1 of them saying it was shock loss after all.. Both however raved highly of the growth on top.

Got it scheduled for later this year.

But yes, do post.

Edited by BaldingEagle1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

I think you didn’t need a HT at all first or second but I guess everyone wants a juvenile straight hairline.

As for the donor issue, I am so confused because it looks exactly like every other case but several months later it has the patchy overharvested appearance and looks terrible. Judging the front is a lot easier than donor area apparently.

Maybe you can help me since you have some experience with bad donor now as unfortunate as it is. Does this look overharvesting/bad donor to you? This is of a clinic that I am researching and the only thing that’s stopping me from pulling the trigger with them is question about their donor management. I did make a thread but the responses were not that many

0DC0F3E8-9989-41DB-97EE-450E2ED98267.jpeg.2a63a2b6a4909bba73a495f8ddd238cf.jpegECA6A7CE-037B-4219-8844-FF8FE2EC71F8.jpeg.9d48b193ebc0de6e8e94e85e48c64d7c.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Administrators

Wazza91 is @sukh123 who’s on a month long ban. Duplicate accounts are not allowed, and if you make another, your ban will be permanent.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wazza91 is @sukh123 who’s on a month long ban. Duplicate accounts are not allowed, and if you make another, your ban will be permanent.i

I know he was generally critical of Eugenix (that's his right). But as far as I know he never claimed to have had a transplant with them. Now to claim under a new account that he was over harvested by them is weird. Anyway to each their own. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bb111 said:

I know he was generally critical of Eugenix (that's his right). But as far as I know he never claimed to have had a transplant with them. Now to claim under a new account that he was over harvested by them is weird. Anyway to each their own. 

The post was reported and sure enough, it was his duplicate account. Given that his stories don’t add up, I’m inclined to believe he’s posting with an agenda. You can’t make these claims and not substantiate them. If he was legitimately a patient why wouldn’t he have shared that long ago? He also had another account that was banned under Wazza. Very strange and raises many red flags. He will not be welcomed back. 

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

18 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

I think you didn’t need a HT at all first or second but I guess everyone wants a juvenile straight hairline.

As for the donor issue, I am so confused because it looks exactly like every other case but several months later it has the patchy overharvested appearance and looks terrible. Judging the front is a lot easier than donor area apparently.

Maybe you can help me since you have some experience with bad donor now as unfortunate as it is. Does this look overharvesting/bad donor to you? This is of a clinic that I am researching and the only thing that’s stopping me from pulling the trigger with them is question about their donor management. I did make a thread but the responses were not that many

0DC0F3E8-9989-41DB-97EE-450E2ED98267.jpeg.2a63a2b6a4909bba73a495f8ddd238cf.jpegECA6A7CE-037B-4219-8844-FF8FE2EC71F8.jpeg.9d48b193ebc0de6e8e94e85e48c64d7c.jpeg

Hi Sorry I don't understand your question (if you are asking me)...

12 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

What was their stated reasoning for not using Min?

I'm not sure. I think because minox can have effects on your donor density? and maybe to have better planning where to transplant hair (if you stop taking minox, you'll loose some hair and i'ts more realistic apporach probably). but I'm not sure

9 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Damn, I am sorry to see this, unfortunately neither your donor nor recipient area are looking good at this point. What explanation did the clinic give for this?

they don't really say much, just that I haver to relax and not worry.

And that they would take care of me in the future. Now what that means, I have no idea, as I have to do SMP for my donor now, but they didn't offer any help with that.

My density was really good on the back of my head. I honestly can't believe that for such an amount of grafts I have to do SMP now., to look kinda even. I really never thought about it before.
Going back, I would do another FUT procedure instead of FUE, if I knew these would have been the results on my donor.

Also, during consultation Dr Arika told me that I had about 2k grafts left for future after I would have done the procedure. But honestly, looking at the actual denisity of my donor NOW, where would you pick 2k grafts from now...? It doesn't make much sense, and it makes me a bit angry that I wasn't offered any actual realistic approach to this surgery and a deeper assesment.

Also it's not right that I should keep my hair super long for the rest of my life to hide the patchiness on the back of my head. And just "hope that Finasteride keeps working for the rest of my hair", as they said.

I had faith in @Eugenix Hair Science, and I don't have anything against them. I have seen the amazing donor management of @Bandit90and @Melvin- Moderator, that were at the clinic about the same time as me. So we all know that  they can do a great job.

Still, if they would offer me a more serious support, instead of just telling me to relax, I'd surely be more understanding towards them. Anyone can make mistakes.

Greetings of the day @quillum

You're just at 7 months mark and We would suggest you to wait another 4-5 months. We're here for your support. 

You should comb your hairs well but you're opening the hairline and taking pics under the harsh light. Hair Transplantation is an illusion overall and anyone with a Hair transplant will not look good with wet hairs. Even some miracle results would look ordinary if you parts the hair and take the pics under harsh strong light. Even after the desired density is there and if you open the hairline pr part it, gaps can be easily visible. .

Grow your hairs a bit longer in the donor, A buzz cut is never recommendable after a hair transplant. Hence, we would advise you to grow your hairs longer and give it proper 12 months. Now longer hairs doesn't means a pony, just not too short (zero trimmed) 

One more advise will be start taking 1mg Finasteride as 0.5mg is not as effective as 1mg. 

If you've any more enquiries or concerns, feel free to send me a direct message. We're with you, don't worry. 

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences
  • Like 2

Hi Quillum! I do think there's a chance that even the donor area will continue to improve over the next several months. It seems you're at the 6-7 month mark, and while it's a substantial amount of time post-op, it's still relatively early with plenty of time for things to turn around. Unfortunately, at this stage, there's nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best. The good news is that you chose a great surgeon and they seem to be on top of things in terms of helping you navigate this process and communicating with you in a professional manner. 

Fingers crossed this turns around for you - and we'll be looking forward to a (hopefully) positive update in the months to come. 

• Like 2

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

22 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You're just at 7 months mark and We would suggest you to wait another 4-5 months. We're here for your support. 

You should comb your hairs well but you're opening the hairline and taking pics under the harsh light. Hair Transplantation is an illusion overall and anyone with a Hair transplant will not look good with wet hairs. Even some miracle results would look ordinary if you parts the hair and take the pics under harsh strong light. Even after the desired density is there and if you open the hairline pr part it, gaps can be easily visible. .

Grow your hairs a bit longer in the donor, A buzz cut is never recommendable after a hair transplant. Hence, we would advise you to grow your hairs longer and give it proper 12 months. Now longer hairs doesn't means a pony, just not too short (zero trimmed) 

One more advise will be start taking 1mg Finasteride as 0.5mg is not as effective as 1mg. 

If you've any more enquiries or concerns, feel free to send me a direct message. We're with you, don't worry. 

@quillum, Don't worry mate, it's quite similar in my case as well. Continue taking fin and grow it longer. Eugenix will help you out in every possible way. Keep us updated. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
23 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

This ^

On 9/20/2022 at 2:37 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Im sorry but I don’t agree with the statement that “a buzz cut is never recommended after a hair transplant.”

one of the biggest reasons patients opt for fue over fut is to wear short hair styles. In most cases, if a donor is managed correctly, this is possible. There are many different techniques to support this such as proper spacing between extractions and graft splitting so the visual differences in density are not apparent.

Interesting case. Based off your photos your hair texture is similar to mine, so i am very interested in seeing your 12 months. I think your pre/post from your FUT looks great. Hoping you get banger results in the near future. Please do keep us updated.

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, Corbyn said:

Where in India did you go to for the transplant? How was the place? If Eugenix is making a lot of money, i sure hope they're contributing back to their locality like building schools, repairing the roads, providing food and clothes for underprevileged students etc.

Hi Steady. Did you go for your HT with Eugenix afterall?

I agree. However let's hope there's a turnaround for him in the next 4 months. If not, Eugenix and it's fan following on this forum needs to come clean. 

Mind sharing which two clinics slaughtered both of your friends scalps?? I'm also looking at Turkey besides Thailand. Eugenix is a no-no for me for a few reasons that I've already mentioned in this forum. 

@Corbyn Eugenix is indeed supporting the under privileged of India. Dr Sethi is creating a school for hundreds of children so that they will be able to receive an education. Dr Sethi definitely subscribes to the principle of leaving the world a better place than they found it. In fact I suggest you contact Eugenix to learn more about this project. All the best!

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/25/2022 at 10:20 PM, Corbyn said:

I was just browsing HT clinics in India and came across this video. Quite spectacular results. I then browsed through the comments section and this caught my eye.

Why on earth are you posting clinic videos on people’s journeys? First you start spamming links to some unknown clinic, now you’re posting clinic videos on people’s journeys. This will be my last warning. Next time you won’t be welcomed back.

View my thread